The Official Lethbridge Golden Seals Thread!

• Please log in to reply
281 replies to this topic

#41 Zach6668

Zach6668

FCHL Champion.

• Moderators
  • 48,133 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 03:07 PM

Yeah, I like him. I tried to pick him up at the auction, but my lousy 50 cents wasn't enough, ha.
QUOTE (serge @ Tuesday, May 12th, 2009, 7:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LETS GO PITTSBURGH
QUOTE (Acid_Knight @ Monday, March 10th, 2008, 4:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Zach is right about pretty much everything.

#42 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

Cheese Salesman

• Members
  • 20,267 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 03:14 PM

View PostZach6668, on Wednesday, October 13th, 2010, 7:46 PM, said:

lol @ lots of trade offers... everyone trying to take advantage of you before you figure out all the quirks and what not.Wellman got sent down to the minors the other day.
Here was roto's take on the demotion:http://www.rotoworld...g...NHL&id=3217I think you're being too negative! Seems like Dubey has been surprisingly shrewd so far. Lots of minor deals, no real risks taken, and some potential benefits gained.
Long signatures are really annoying.

#43 Zach6668

Zach6668

FCHL Champion.

• Moderators
  • 48,133 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 03:30 PM

i meant those as two separate thoughts, I don't think there's anything wrong with the Wellman trade.
LETS GO PITTSBURGH

#44 Fenxis

Fenxis

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,942 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 03:37 PM

View PostDubey, on Wednesday, October 13th, 2010, 7:06 PM, said:

Yeah I knew he was sent down.I had an unused roster spot so I can afford to stash him for the whole season if need be. The nice folks on HFboards all seem very high on him and the general consensus is that he will be back up at some point before the end of the season. People at HFboards are never wrong, man.
According to them every player is the second coming of Crosby, even Kyle Wellwood. :club:
"@sergetoronto Bang-up analysis there" -- James Mirtle

#45 strategy

strategy

Internet expert

• Members
  • 15,932 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:strategy

Posted 13 October 2010 - 03:48 PM

View PostDubey, on Wednesday, October 13th, 2010, 6:06 PM, said:

Yeah I knew he was sent down.I had an unused roster spot so I can afford to stash him for the whole season if need be. The nice folks on HFboards all seem very high on him and the general consensus is that he will be back up at some point before the end of the season. People at HFboards are never wrong, man.

View PostFenxis, on Wednesday, October 13th, 2010, 6:37 PM, said:

According to them every player is the second coming of Crosby, even Kyle Wellwood. :club:
dammit, duane beat me to it. yes, they are just generally high.I didn't like the dman trade, but at this point it should be obvious that I don't know what I'm doing with that position anyway.
QUOTE (ShakeZuma @ Wednesday, November 2nd, 2011, 4:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
seriously though, with that grammar it's really like, I mean it doesn't bother me as much that she gets beat, you know?

#46 Dubey

Dubey

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 10,940 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 06:27 AM

View PostFenxis, on Wednesday, October 13th, 2010, 4:37 PM, said:

According to them every player is the second coming of Crosby, even Kyle Wellwood. :ts

View Poststrategy, on Wednesday, October 13th, 2010, 4:48 PM, said:

dammit, duane beat me to it. yes, they are just generally high.I didn't like the dman trade, but at this point it should be obvious that I don't know what I'm doing with that position anyway.
Yeah, those comments about HF were made tongue-in-cheek :club:

#47 Dubey

Dubey

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 10,940 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 06:28 AM

View Postmrdannyg, on Wednesday, October 13th, 2010, 4:14 PM, said:

Here was roto's take on the demotion:http://www.rotoworld...g...NHL&id=3217I think you're being too negative! Seems like Dubey has been surprisingly shrewd so far. Lots of minor deals, no real risks taken, and some potential benefits gained.

#48 Dubey

Dubey

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 10,940 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 09:14 AM

After an 0-2 start to the season, the Seals' forwards have started firing on all cylinders and have powered us to a 3-game winning streak and a 3-2 record. Despite Injuries to Johan Franzen and Mike green, the Seals will look to continue their winning streak tonight against The halifax Moneyshots.

#49 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

Cheese Salesman

• Members
  • 20,267 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 01:20 PM

Easy win tonight. The moneyshots have no one scoring, Anders Lindbeck in net (I don't think that is even close to his name), and multiple injuries.Plus...your team is better. Good luck!

#50 Dubey

Dubey

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 10,940 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 07:50 AM

Breaking News:Monday, October 18th, 2010Lethbridge, ABThe Lethbridge Golden Seals of the FCHL have traded star forward Johan Franzen to the Royal Oak Fearsome Beavers. In return, they recieve Prospect Kyle beach, as well as the Beavers' 1st round pick in 2011 and 4th round pick in 2012. When reached for comment early this morning, Seals owner Dubey had this to say: "Kyle Beach is a guy I have been scouting since before I even had a team to scout him for. Hmm, I guess that sounds kind of creepy doesn't it." When asked why he would trade one of his top forwards in a season where he is expected to compete for a championship, Dubey just whimpered and hung up the phone. Johan Franzen is signed for 2 more seasons after this one, and comes at a bargain cap hit of $0.25.

#51 SBriand

SBriand

Viva La Beaver!

• Members
  • 15,097 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 07:57 AM

I gave up probably too much, way too much if Beach turns into a Franzen but I have been waiting for Beach to come around for 3 seasons now and if he didn't get a shot this season then I think his value went down a bit. But I could be horribly wrong but I am okay with that. The picks are picks. I have never been one to hoard picks or give them much value since I am still well behind the curve in knowing prospects. This trade for me gives me a legit 40g guy (if he remains healthy, which I just jinxed myself for saying that) and he comes at .25 this year, next year, and the mist important year. He will also help me compete this year and beyond.
QUOTE (digitalmonkey @ Wednesday, August 18th, 2010, 1:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Steve,

It doesn't matter who you start because you have a horse shoe up your ass so far I'm not really sure how you get through the day. You must be gay.

#52 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

Cheese Salesman

• Members
  • 20,267 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 08:17 AM

I like this trade for Dubey. I think Franzen is way overvalued. Franzen is already 30 (seriously?) and has never scored 60 points in a season. He would be hard-pressed to be on a 40-goal pace, never mind stay healthy enough to score 40. Still, for a $0.25 that was an awfully nice deal.I think it is an evenish deal without Beach. I don't like Beach much, which Steve seems to agree with, but power forwards do generally take a little longer to develop.Veteran move by Dubey taking advantage of a Red Wings fan. We need to let Troy in this league so I can trade Savard!

#53 SBriand

SBriand

Viva La Beaver!

• Members
  • 15,097 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 08:19 AM

View Postmrdannyg, on Monday, October 18th, 2010, 12:17 PM, said:

I like this trade for Dubey. I think Franzen is way overvalued. Franzen is already 30 (seriously?) and has never scored 60 points in a season. He would be hard-pressed to be on a 40-goal pace, never mind stay healthy enough to score 40. Still, for a $0.25 that was an awfully nice deal.I think it is an evenish deal without Beach. I don't like Beach much, which Steve seems to agree with, but power forwards do generally take a little longer to develop.Veteran move by Dubey taking advantage of a Red Wings fan. We need to let Troy in this league so I can trade Savard!
Oh if is healthy he will get to 40.
Steve,

It doesn't matter who you start because you have a horse shoe up your ass so far I'm not really sure how you get through the day. You must be gay.

#54 Zach6668

Zach6668

FCHL Champion.

• Moderators
  • 48,133 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 08:27 AM

Well the most he got was 34 in 71 games a couple seasons ago.And 72 games is the most games he's played since his rookie season, so your big "if he's healthy" is a long shot. He's already missed a game this year because of a concussion.I was also surprised to see he was turning 31 already. He's not going to get better at this point. He COULD score 40, but it would be a long shot, IMHO.
LETS GO PITTSBURGH

#55 ajs510

ajs510

Resident Evil

• Members
  • 24,991 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 08:33 AM

I know one FCHL GM who absolutely hates this trade but I don't mind it. If Steve is going for broke this year then it makes total sense that he should be flipping futures for right-nows. Maybe he could have done better for what he gave up (which is considerable) vs what he got (I don't think that much of Franzen as an elite-level fantasy forward) but you can't fault a guy for picking up an asset to add to a playoff caliber team. I'm not Kyle Beach's biggest fan either, I just don't see it with him. For my money he's on the Shawn Matthias train...puttering along in the minors and maybe he'll shake out as a 3rd liner with 2nd line upside. He's getting more and more buried in Chicago's farm system, that isn't doing him any favors either. The fact that he couldn't stick after the mass exodus in Chicago this offseason doesn't say anything positive for his readiness. The 1st round pick next year is intriguing but Steve added value to this year's team which should bump the pick back a bit to the 10-15 range IMO. Historically in that range you're going to get a 2nd round caliber player that you have to pay $2 if and when you sign him (4 years into this league has anyone signed a prospect to an FCHL roster that came from the 10-15 spots? I don't believe so). The late 4th rounder is obviously also meh, just an extra farm body, it'll all depend on how Dave does with the pick.Not a bad trade from either side IMO, Franzen's contract status elevates his FCHL value very considerably and pretty much makes up the difference between this being even and being completely lopsided.

#56 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

Unenjoyable Annoying Retard

• Members
  • 37,800 posts
  • Interests:sports, music, movies, photography
  • Favorite Poker Game:Hi/Lo Chicago

Posted 18 October 2010 - 08:38 AM

I like this trade for both teams. I don't think Franzen will ever stay healthy enough to reach 40 goals, but I'm not a big fan of Beach either. He may well develop into the power forward some think he will, but I think he'll be more hit and bang than an actual point producer. Steve is trading then-potential for now-potential. Dubey is trading now-potential for then-potential. That seems to make sense for both teams based on where they seem to be in relation to the league...maybe I'm wrong here though.The value of the picks is relative. Steve doesn't value them as much based on the fact that he doesn't know prospects much (get on that, Steve!) and Dave, I'm assuming, does value them.Again, I like this trade for both teams!
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.

#57 Dubey

Dubey

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 10,940 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 08:43 AM

I'm higher on Beach than any of you, clearly, but I didn't want Beach's possible upside to make or break this trade, as I think the value is there anyway.I do like beach a lot. I watched him play a lot in Lethbridge a few years ago, and thought he looked like a better NHL prospect than Zach Boychuk or Carter Ashton. He also scored 50 goals last year, which is no small feat in the WHL, even as a 19 year old.

#58 SBriand

SBriand

Viva La Beaver!

• Members
  • 15,097 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 08:45 AM

I overpaid, no question. Stated it in the official trade post. But I was willing to. I already knew Dave wanted Beach. Right or wrong, I think Franzen will be what I am looking for. Last year was a bad knee that is fine now. This weekend he took a shot that would have probably resulted in a concussion for almost anyone else. He will be back Thursday and has been the one of the top players so far this year. Either way, chance I was willing to take. I think I have a team that can compete this year and next year and I think I just increased my chances. This also will hopefully help me in 12/13 where I am inching closer to the max $85.
Steve,

#59 MapleLeafpoker

MapleLeafpoker

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 17,906 posts
  • Interests:Poker, Hockey, Hockey pools

Posted 18 October 2010 - 08:45 AM

Best part? You both obviously love following the players you got. I think before I had a clue who Dubey was, I thought he was Kyle Beach's brother! I recall him saying something so complimentary that sounded like the kind of love only a mother could bestow on someone. Way to not overpay rookie, but fyi, pims dont count in the FCHL.As for Steve....well, thats just a hard on waiting to happen. A goal scorer on the Wings? I think any trade involving Franzen coming to Steve that doesnt have him giving up organs or limbs is a win for his team. Im kinda suprised Dubey didnt ask for Steve's first child. (Biatch's biatch). Rookie mistake + sly veteran savvy.

#60 SBriand

SBriand

Viva La Beaver!

• Members
  • 15,097 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 08:47 AM

View PostMapleLeafpoker, on Monday, October 18th, 2010, 12:45 PM, said:

Best part? You both obviously love following the players you got. I think before I had a clue who Dubey was, I thought he was Kyle Beach's brother! I recall him saying something so complimentary that sounded like the kind of love only a mother could bestow on someone. Way to not overpay rookie, but fyi, pims dont count in the FCHL.As for Steve....well, thats just a hard on waiting to happen. A goal scorer on the Wings? I think any trade involving Franzen coming to Steve that doesnt have him giving up organs or limbs is a win for his team. Im kinda suprised Dubey didnt ask for Steve's first child. (Biatch's biatch). Rookie mistake + sly veteran savvy.
hahaEdit: plus we need something to talk about in the FCHL!
Steve,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users