Why Does This Always Happen Deep

11 left:Full Tilt Poker Game #23499552170: $32,000 Guarantee (181431616), Table 41 - 8000/16000 Ante 2000 - No Limit Hold'em - 23:50:34 ET - 2010/08/30Seat 1: nancy vidal (165,988)Seat 4: crystal_donkey (869,105)Seat 5: CaneBrain888 (391,318)Seat 6: lee118 (198,990)Seat 8: cdubbzz (309,552)Seat 9: Gunnaldo (315,496)nancy vidal antes 2,000crystal_donkey antes 2,000CaneBrain888 antes 2,000lee118 antes 2,000cdubbzz antes 2,000Gunnaldo antes 2,000Gunnaldo posts the small blind of 8,000nancy vidal posts the big blind of 16,000The button is in seat #8*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to CaneBrain888 [Qh Kh]crystal_donkey foldsCaneBrain888 raises to 34,318lee118 foldscdubbzz foldsGunnaldo foldsnancy vidal raises to 163,988, and is all inCaneBrain888 calls 129,670nancy vidal shows [Qc Th]CaneBrain888 shows [Qh Kh]*** FLOP *** [3s Tc 9c]*** TURN *** [3s Tc 9c] [Qs]*** RIVER *** [3s Tc 9c Qs] [3h]nancy vidal shows two pair, Queens and TensCaneBrain888 shows two pair, Queens and Threes

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fun Final table:Full Tilt Poker Game #23616716569: $16 + $1 Super Turbo KO (182421884), Table 2 - 150/300 - Pot Limit Omaha Hi - 14:43:49 ET - 2010/09/04Seat 1: dpetersen (9,497)Seat 2: hansudo (9,351)Seat 3: CaneBrain888 (1,560)Seat 4: JIucyatko (4,334)Seat 5: smithjbb (7,130)Seat 6: SWest73 (3,228)CaneBrain888 posts the small blind of 150JIucyatko posts the big blind of 300The button is in seat #2*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to CaneBrain888 [5s Ad As 4d]smithjbb foldshansudo has been disconnectedSWest73 foldshansudo has reconnecteddpetersen raises to 1,050hansudo foldsCaneBrain888 raises to 1,560, and is all inJIucyatko foldsdpetersen calls 510CaneBrain888 shows [5s Ad As 4d]dpetersen shows [8s 5d Ks Js]*** FLOP *** [Jh 6h 2s]*** TURN *** [Jh 6h 2s] [8d]*** RIVER *** [Jh 6h 2s 8d] [Kc]CaneBrain888 shows a pair of Acesdpetersen shows two pair, Kings and Jacksdpetersen wins the pot (3,420) with two pair, Kings and Jacks*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 3,420 | Rake 0Board: [Jh 6h 2s 8d Kc]Seat 1: dpetersen showed [8s 5d Ks Js] and won (3,420) with two pair, Kings and JacksSeat 2: hansudo (button) didn't bet (folded)Seat 3: CaneBrain888 (small blind) showed [5s Ad As 4d] and lost with a pair of AcesSeat 4: JIucyatko (big blind) folded before the FlopSeat 5: smithjbb didn't bet (folded)Seat 6: SWest73 didn't bet (folded)

• 2 weeks later...

HiThe Omaha hand is one thing, but I doubt I am making the call on that guy's shove with KQ. Not even sure I'm raising with that with a final table staring me down. Sure, he turned up QT and was "dominated", but he could easily be flipping up AK/AQ

[ ] looking for advice
[x] Making a simple comment, knowing full well that Canebrain is a good player and I am just trying to salvage him a little sanity in the wake of a hand like that
HiThe Omaha hand is one thing, but I doubt I am making the call on that guy's shove with KQ. Not even sure I'm raising with that with a final table staring me down. Sure, he turned up QT and was "dominated", but he could easily be flipping up AK/AQ
ZOMG 2 HANDS IN A GUYS RESHOVING RANGE HAVE US CRUSHED. BEST FOLD!edit - he could have wired aces kings or queens too!

Not even sure I'm raising with that with a final table staring me down.Not even sure I'm raising with that with a final table staring me down.Not even sure I'm raising with that with a final table staring me down.Not even sure I'm raising with that with a final table staring me down.Not even sure I'm raising with that with a final table staring me down.

ZOMG 2 HANDS IN A GUYS RESHOVING RANGE HAVE US CRUSHED. BEST FOLD!edit - he could have wired aces kings or queens too!
Listen, Mono Azul, a lot of info is missing here, like table dynamic at the time of this hand, Villain tendencies, etc, so we don't really know much about things, except shove-botting. It is simply my opinion that it may not be the best option to call a shove with a hand that is usually dominated and/or behind to any PP.That's all I'm saying. Stop trying to **** with me for having a different opinion. Not everyone plays ICM shove-bot optimization mode.
Are all you guys on FB chat together or something? It's like all my biggest fans are coming to see how best to try and wind me up.PS: Who cares if the KQ is suited? An extra 2%?
smoke signals brah, we need to know when quality strategy advice is being handed out.
That's all I'm saying. Stop trying to **** with me for having a different opinion. Not everyone plays ICM shove-bot optimization mode.
You realize that's a big reason why poker is profitable, right?
lol@ fb chat, we're on aim you faggot.
Hahaha...niiiiice...
You realize that's a big reason why poker is profitable, right?
Fair enough. What you're saying is that there is only one "best" way to play any given hand, right?
If you want your really good strategy posts to be welcomed, I'd go to www.holdemfreaks.com. I feel like your advice would fit in VERY well in their strategy forum.
Yeah, maybe so.Anyway, points taken, which may surprise some of you...
Fair enough. What you're saying is that there is only one "best" way to play any given hand, right?
What I'm saying is in these spots there is a clear optimal line, and you're often burning money by not taking that line!

Ok, I'll have to take Mercurys side here. We are on the ft bubble, and have a marginal holding pf. Our stack is very good, and we have a decent chance of moving several spots up the moneyladder if we play carefull.I think the best strategy here is to simply fold preflop and wait for a better hand, maybe QQ+ and AK. Offcourse you can add marginal holdings like TT-JJ and AQ in if you got position, but there is no reason to ICM-spew cash like you're doing here, by raising KQ (lol) up in early position.