#1 Brutha K

Brutha K

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • Interests:Poker, gaming, sports, eating, sleeping, marijuana
  • Favorite Poker Game:NLHE, 8-game

Posted 04 August 2010 - 02:38 PM

Just joined the table, flicked through hand history and noticed he was winning alot of pots around the buttonPosted Imagebeware the feral cow packs. they hunger.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em $0.05/$0.10 - 6 playersUTG: $9.88 (Hero)UTG+1: $7.99 CO: $10.52 Button: $10.00 SB: $8.75 BB: $10.34 Preflop: ($0.15) Hero is UTG with Posted Image Posted Image (6 players)Hero raises to $0.30, 2 folds, Button calls $0.30, 2 foldsFlop: ($0.75) Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image (2 players)Hero bets $0.40, Button calls $0.40Turn: ($1.55) Posted Image (2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $1.10, Hero calls $1.10River: ($3.75) Posted Image (2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $2.80, Hero ???(Rake: $0.45)
Brutha K: LOL, call with 8 high?
Spartan666: I thought he was bluffing...
Brutha K: So u called with 8 high, word?
Spartan666: Stfu

#2 rrumsey

rrumsey

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,881 posts
  • Interests:I like to think about and play poker. Enough said. I read a lot of forums and am now trying to write in them.
  • Favorite Poker Game:O8, PLO, LHE, NLHE

Posted 04 August 2010 - 02:50 PM

bet fold turn, check river and if he bets i would call a small bet. and bet .5 on the flop BTW, and use auto top off
Escalante in the small stakes grinder podcast in respect to my FPS " Bet your damn hands!!!" hahaha

Download Spartan's podcast, Small Stakes Grinder! the link for iTunes is: (http://itunes.apple....der/id354114893)
Check out updates to the podcast in the "Members Blog" section of the forum (of pokerroad)...or else. Check it out guys it is a great podcast. Next Episode (Topic: Interview with Barry Greenstein Part 2): 04/19/10

#3 Brutha K

Brutha K

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 03:02 PM

View Postrrumsey, on Thursday, August 5th, 2010, 10:50 AM, said:

bet fold turn, check river and if he bets i would call a small bet. and bet .5 on the flop BTW, and use auto top off
doh always forget to put auto-top on, thanks for reminding me :club:

#4 rrumsey

rrumsey

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,881 posts
  • Interests:I like to think about and play poker. Enough said. I read a lot of forums and am now trying to write in them.

Posted 04 August 2010 - 04:30 PM

View PostBrutha K, on Wednesday, August 4th, 2010, 4:02 PM, said:

doh always forget to put auto-top on, thanks for reminding me :club:
np, you just wanna make sure when someone spazzs off a stack you collect the max. in the longrun if you play a lot it will really add up. its the same as leaving .40 cents on the table every time someone gets it in.
Escalante in the small stakes grinder podcast in respect to my FPS " Bet your damn hands!!!" hahaha

Download Spartan's podcast, Small Stakes Grinder! the link for iTunes is: (http://itunes.apple....der/id354114893)
Check out updates to the podcast in the "Members Blog" section of the forum (of pokerroad)...or else. Check it out guys it is a great podcast. Next Episode (Topic: Interview with Barry Greenstein Part 2): 04/19/10

#5 Brutha K

Brutha K

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 10:14 PM

View Postrrumsey, on Thursday, August 5th, 2010, 12:30 PM, said:

np, you just wanna make sure when someone spazzs off a stack you collect the max. in the longrun if you play a lot it will really add up. its the same as leaving .40 cents on the table every time someone gets it in.
Ya, if i lost 20c everyday for a year that'd be $72.80 =/ thats like 1/3rd of my bankroll rofl

#6 Danege

Danege

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 11:44 PM

View PostBrutha K, on Thursday, August 5th, 2010, 4:14 PM, said:

Ya, if i lost 20c everyday for a year that'd be $72.80 =/ thats like 1/3rd of my bankroll rofl
ROFL!!!!!1

#7 Actuary

Actuary

• Members
  • 19,028 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 01:23 AM

that's an awefully small opening bet considering the stacks. I think Button has a real advantage in this pot if you show any hestitation

#8 Brutha K

Brutha K

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 04:23 AM

View PostDanege, on Thursday, August 5th, 2010, 7:44 PM, said:

ROFL!!!!!1
bro, 72 bucks is like...24 pies

#9 Brutha K

Brutha K

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 04:24 AM

View PostActuary, on Thursday, August 5th, 2010, 9:23 PM, said:

that's an awefully small opening bet considering the stacks. I think Button has a real advantage in this pot if you show any hestitation
an UTG raise 3x is awfully small? and wouldnt the button have the advantage in any hand if someone showed hesitation?

#10 rrumsey

rrumsey

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,881 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 07:45 AM

View PostBrutha K, on Thursday, August 5th, 2010, 5:24 AM, said:

an UTG raise 3x is awfully small? and wouldnt the button have the advantage in any hand if someone showed hesitation?
OOP i would make it standard to 4x. IP 3x. maybe if the blinds are super tight and we are on the button we can 2.5x

#11 Actuary

Actuary

• Members
  • 19,028 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 06:05 PM

View PostBrutha K, on Thursday, August 5th, 2010, 7:24 AM, said:

I misread the BB and thought you min raised. But really it has more to do with the stacks relative to your bet. And yes, the Button has a big advantage but much more so when the amount of pressure he can put on you is real high compared to the pot size.Extreme example: You raise to $6 Preflop. Makes the hand play itself. Not that I advise that.

#12 tbrick412

tbrick412

cellar dweller

• Members
  • 2,306 posts
  • Interests:Poker, video games, attending college, drinking.
  • Favorite Poker Game:NL Hold 'Em SNG's/MTT's

Posted 06 August 2010 - 10:43 AM

3x is fine
tbrick412(cedar falls) on stars/ftp
tbrick286 on AIM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users