Jump to content


Official Miami Heat 2010-2011 Thread


650 replies to this topic

#1 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

    The chosen few....

  • Members
  • 14,896 posts
  • Location:The NFL Films Vault
  • Favorite Poker Game:5/10 NLHE (100 max buy in)

Posted 28 July 2010 - 09:15 AM

cnnsi just named this Miami Heat team the 25th most hated team of all time....before they have played a game. I think Miami Heat hate just jumped the shark.Also, this team is going to be awesome. So excited.....
"Give a little bit.....give a little bit of your chips to me...."

#2 Jadaki

Jadaki

    IIOY?

  • Members
  • 22,247 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 28 July 2010 - 02:59 PM

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!Posted Image

#3 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

    The chosen few....

  • Members
  • 14,896 posts
  • Location:The NFL Films Vault
  • Favorite Poker Game:5/10 NLHE (100 max buy in)

Posted 29 July 2010 - 11:09 AM

Welcome back, Eddie House.
"Give a little bit.....give a little bit of your chips to me...."

#4 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

    post bot 3000

  • Members
  • 20,897 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling

Posted 31 July 2010 - 12:04 PM

so you sell out the season, and then fire the whole ticket sales staff. yikes.

View PostDavid_Sklansky, on 27 May 2014 - 06:26 PM, said:

For sure. I can extrapolate from your posts here that you would be an imaginative film maker and dynamic lover.

View PostInternetExplorer, on 26 August 2014 - 03:07 PM, said:

sometimes suited has good zings

#5 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

    Forum Entitlist

  • Members
  • 23,928 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 31 July 2010 - 01:00 PM

View PostSuitedAces21, on Saturday, July 31st, 2010, 3:04 PM, said:

so you sell out the season, and then fire the whole ticket sales staff. yikes.
It sounds rough, but really, is miami supposed to pay that staff year round with literally nothing to do?
Posted Image
"We are only wise in knowing that we know nothing"
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

"I'm a basketball player and a businessman, not a Thundercat,"
-Lebron James

#6 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

    post bot 3000

  • Members
  • 20,897 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling

Posted 31 July 2010 - 01:31 PM

View PostBigDMcGee, on Saturday, July 31st, 2010, 4:00 PM, said:

It sounds rough, but really, is miami supposed to pay that staff year round with literally nothing to do?
i know it, but man thats dickish. mabe a reassignment to another division? something?

View PostDavid_Sklansky, on 27 May 2014 - 06:26 PM, said:

For sure. I can extrapolate from your posts here that you would be an imaginative film maker and dynamic lover.

View PostInternetExplorer, on 26 August 2014 - 03:07 PM, said:

sometimes suited has good zings

#7 Pot Odds RAC

Pot Odds RAC

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 7,172 posts
  • Location:Motown
  • Favorite Poker Game:Live NL TxHE

Posted 31 July 2010 - 03:20 PM

View PostSuitedAces21, on Saturday, July 31st, 2010, 4:04 PM, said:

so you sell out the season, and then fire the whole ticket sales staff. yikes.
Really does just seem sucky.

Quote

With the arrival of Lebron James, the Miami Heat rapidly sold out all their season tickets. That turned out to be bad news for the ticket-sales staff, which was fired Friday. In a statement, the Heat confirmed the dismissals Friday afternoon, saying that with an ``exhausted'' inventory of season-tickets ``we no longer require a season ticket sales team to sell tickets.'' Stephen Weber, vice president of sales, delivered the news to about 30 ticket sales people Friday morning, according to one of the staffers who asked not to be named because he is seeking another job in sports. The dismissals reflect the new Heat position in basketball: it can sell tickets without really trying.


#8 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

    Forum Entitlist

  • Members
  • 23,928 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 31 July 2010 - 06:03 PM

I know it seems lame, but seriously, why would they need a staff of 30 ticket sales people to do nothing... why would they create new jobs for them, out of charity? That's a strange dichotomy though... you're working for a company that you actively hope fails so you can keep your job. If your company because really successful, you'll be phased out. Sounds Hellerian to me.
Posted Image
"We are only wise in knowing that we know nothing"
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

"I'm a basketball player and a businessman, not a Thundercat,"
-Lebron James

#9 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

    The chosen few....

  • Members
  • 14,896 posts
  • Location:The NFL Films Vault
  • Favorite Poker Game:5/10 NLHE (100 max buy in)

Posted 01 August 2010 - 08:13 AM

This sucks for the employees but what can you do? They are no longer needed. Capitalism can be a real bitch.Knowing Mickey Arison, I am sure they were given very generous severance packages to try and make up for the shittiness of the situation.
"Give a little bit.....give a little bit of your chips to me...."

#10 Poppy_Hillis

Poppy_Hillis

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 3,886 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 05:34 PM

As expected, Heat @ Cavs opening night. Is this going to be the angriest American sports crowd ever?

#11 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

    The chosen few....

  • Members
  • 14,896 posts
  • Location:The NFL Films Vault
  • Favorite Poker Game:5/10 NLHE (100 max buy in)

Posted 02 August 2010 - 06:09 PM

View PostPoppy_Hillis, on Monday, August 2nd, 2010, 9:34 PM, said:

As expected, Heat @ Cavs opening night. Is this going to be the angriest American sports crowd ever?
Can't lie....as much as I am looking forward to that game.....it's almost borderline irresponsible. That could be a dangerous situation. The Cavs are going to suuuuuuuuuck this year and this game could get out of hand at some point and then who knows what some drunk jackass will do.The home opener for Miami and the first Cavs @ Heat matchup are two games I will not miss this year. Single ticket game sales soon.....
"Give a little bit.....give a little bit of your chips to me...."

#12 Poppy_Hillis

Poppy_Hillis

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 3,886 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 06:29 PM

View PostCaneBrain, on Monday, August 2nd, 2010, 7:09 PM, said:

Can't lie....as much as I am looking forward to that game.....it's almost borderline irresponsible. That could be a dangerous situation. The Cavs are going to suuuuuuuuuck this year and this game could get out of hand at some point and then who knows what some drunk jackass will do.The home opener for Miami and the first Cavs @ Heat matchup are two games I will not miss this year. Single ticket game sales soon.....
"Borderline irresponsible" is how I feel...but the game has to happen at some point, might as well make it the most watched game all year on opening night. I almost feel like they shouldn't sell alcohol at this game.

#13 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

    Limit Holdem Dinosaur

  • Root Admin
  • 20,236 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Scarberia

Posted 02 August 2010 - 06:46 PM

View PostPoppy_Hillis, on Monday, August 2nd, 2010, 10:29 PM, said:

"Borderline irresponsible" is how I feel...but the game has to happen at some point, might as well make it the most watched game all year on opening night. I almost feel like they shouldn't sell alcohol at this game.
I don't think it's borderline at all. It is irresponsible.I didn't think LeBron could possibly screw his hometown with a big special but he showed he was just that insensitive and oblivious and I didn't think the NBA would possibly make the opening night in Cleveland be The Heat but they proved me wrong.All I know is that anybody who is a Heat fan would have to have a death wish to attend that game in a Heat LeBron jersey.
Bob

info@fullcontactpoker.com

#14 Jadaki

Jadaki

    IIOY?

  • Members
  • 22,247 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 02 August 2010 - 08:27 PM

The NBA is retarded sometimes.

#15 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

    The chosen few....

  • Members
  • 14,896 posts
  • Location:The NFL Films Vault
  • Favorite Poker Game:5/10 NLHE (100 max buy in)

Posted 03 August 2010 - 06:28 AM

View PostPoppy_Hillis, on Monday, August 2nd, 2010, 9:34 PM, said:

As expected, Heat @ Cavs opening night. Is this going to be the angriest American sports crowd ever?
Poppy, bad info!From The Miami Herald:"Dwyane Wade, LeBron James, Chris Bosh and the new-look Miami Heat are poised to make their season debut against the NBA's reigning Big 3. The Heat will open the 2010-11 season against the Boston Celtics on Oct. 26 at TD Garden, multiple league sources said Monday night. The league will release a portion of the schedule Tuesday night during an hour-long special on NBA TV."Makes much more sense....David Stern is not that crazy.
"Give a little bit.....give a little bit of your chips to me...."

#16 JoeyJoJo

JoeyJoJo

    On the road to 8,143 (approximately)

  • Members
  • 8,140 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Springfield

Posted 03 August 2010 - 07:16 AM

View PostCaneBrain, on Tuesday, August 3rd, 2010, 7:28 AM, said:

The league will release a portion of the schedule Tuesday night during an hour-long special on NBA TV.
Really, NBA? Really?"The Schedule"Hosted by Jim Gray.
Homer: Moe, I need your advice.
Moe: Yeah?
Homer: See, I got this friend named... Joey Jo Jo... Junior... Shabadoo.
Moe: That's the worst name I ever heard.

#17 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

    The chosen few....

  • Members
  • 14,896 posts
  • Location:The NFL Films Vault
  • Favorite Poker Game:5/10 NLHE (100 max buy in)

Posted 03 August 2010 - 10:15 AM

October 29th, Magic @ Heat. going to be wild.
"Give a little bit.....give a little bit of your chips to me...."

#18 JoeyJoJo

JoeyJoJo

    On the road to 8,143 (approximately)

  • Members
  • 8,140 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Springfield

Posted 03 August 2010 - 11:16 AM

View PostFCP Bob, on Monday, August 2nd, 2010, 7:46 PM, said:

All I know is that anybody who is a Heat fan would have to have a death wish to attend that game in a Heat LeBron jersey.
From an article about the full page ad Lebron took out thanking Akron, but never saying anything about Cleveland:And last week, a baseball fan wearing a Heat jersey with James' name on it was escorted out of a Cleveland Indians game after he was pelted with beer and peanuts by angry spectators.
Homer: Moe, I need your advice.
Moe: Yeah?
Homer: See, I got this friend named... Joey Jo Jo... Junior... Shabadoo.
Moe: That's the worst name I ever heard.

#19 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

    post bot 3000

  • Members
  • 20,897 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling

Posted 03 August 2010 - 12:43 PM

View PostJoeyJoJo, on Tuesday, August 3rd, 2010, 2:16 PM, said:

And last week, a baseball fan wearing a Heat jersey with James' name on it was escorted out of a Cleveland Indians game after he was pelted with beer and peanuts by angry spectators.
that was all over sportscenter last week. guy had a super classy girlfriend too. there was footage of her repeatedly punching people.

View PostDavid_Sklansky, on 27 May 2014 - 06:26 PM, said:

For sure. I can extrapolate from your posts here that you would be an imaginative film maker and dynamic lover.

View PostInternetExplorer, on 26 August 2014 - 03:07 PM, said:

sometimes suited has good zings

#20 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

    Limit Holdem Dinosaur

  • Root Admin
  • 20,236 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Scarberia

Posted 03 August 2010 - 02:07 PM

View PostSuitedAces21, on Tuesday, August 3rd, 2010, 4:43 PM, said:

that was all over sportscenter last week. guy had a super classy girlfriend too. there was footage of her repeatedly punching people.
They were literally giving everybody the finger as they were being escorted out.
Bob

info@fullcontactpoker.com



Reply to this topic



  


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users