Jump to content


Toronto Raptors Fanclub


120 replies to this topic

#21 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

    Limit Holdem Dinosaur

  • Root Admin
  • 26,938 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Scarberia

Posted 26 July 2010 - 02:44 PM

View PostCaneBrain, on Monday, July 26th, 2010, 6:34 PM, said:

Boy, Lebron James and Chris Bosh sure commanded a lot of interest considering one is a quitter and the other is a pussy who would not push through a sprained ankle."I'm not questioning his injury." (The **** you weren't dickhead)Is it so hard to imagine the players wanting to take some power from management and decide things on their own terms when every owner and GM in the league is such a vengeful prick?
Everybody who followed the Raptors closely saw that Bosh's attitude changed after the All Star break hugely. The Raptors were in 5th in the conf and threatening to move up to 4th and then everything fell apart and a huge part of that was a combination of Bosh getting injured and when he wasn't injured just playing horribly and selfishly. In interviews at that time he said some really strange things as well. Colangelo is pointing out what everybody saw with their own eyes.I know you're a massive Heat fan now but every shot at LeBron and Bosh isn't made up. They're human and have flaws.I have zero problem with Bosh leaving the Raptors. If I was him I would go to Miami as well. What I have a problem with is the way he played last year after the break and remember I saw pretty much every minute of every game they played. I also have a problem with some of his comments where it appears he's taking zero responsibility for the results of the team yet he wants to be considered as a superstar.The Raptors erred in trying to build a team around Bosh. He's just not a franchise player and in today's NBA your franchise player on championship teams is going to be a dominating wing player like Kobe, LeBron or Wade.
Bob

info@fullcontactpoker.com

#22 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

    The chosen few....

  • Members
  • 14,896 posts
  • Location:The NFL Films Vault
  • Favorite Poker Game:5/10 NLHE (100 max buy in)

Posted 26 July 2010 - 03:14 PM

View PostFCP Bob, on Monday, July 26th, 2010, 6:44 PM, said:

Everybody who followed the Raptors closely saw that Bosh's attitude changed after the All Star break hugely. The Raptors were in 5th in the conf and threatening to move up to 4th and then everything fell apart and a huge part of that was a combination of Bosh getting injured and when he wasn't injured just playing horribly and selfishly. In interviews at that time he said some really strange things as well. Colangelo is pointing out what everybody saw with their own eyes.I know you're a massive Heat fan now but every shot at LeBron and Bosh isn't made up. They're human and have flaws.I have zero problem with Bosh leaving the Raptors. If I was him I would go to Miami as well. What I have a problem with is the way he played last year after the break and remember I saw pretty much every minute of every game they played. I also have a problem with some of his comments where it appears he's taking zero responsibility for the results of the team yet he wants to be considered as a superstar.The Raptors erred in trying to build a team around Bosh. He's just not a franchise player and in today's NBA your franchise player on championship teams is going to be a dominating wing player like Kobe, LeBron or Wade.
They are taking a lot of excessive shit right now. It's one thing to say "he was not the same player in the 2nd half". It's another to let slip that the trainers thought he could play on an ankle injury but he chose not to do so. That's a ****ing cheap shot. Also, massive Heat fan now??!?!?! I challenge you to a duel, sir. I was at the first ever Heat game. When they started 0-17 as a franchise, I was at 4 of those games. I slogged through the Rory Sparrow, Rony Seikaly, Keith Askins era. I lived in Connecticut with a bunch of New york douchebags in high school while the Heat were losing to the Knicks in ridiculous fashion year after year. Don't try and pin the bandwagon tail on this poker donkey. I agree that Bosh is not a franchise guy though. I do think he is like Pau Gasol; a perfect 2nd banana if you pair him with a franchise guy like Kobe. As a third banana with two Kobe-like players? I'm looking forward to November. And June. And since the whole world is against the Heat right now, I will take it upon myself to defend them at least on here.
"Give a little bit.....give a little bit of your chips to me...."

#23 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

    Limit Holdem Dinosaur

  • Root Admin
  • 26,938 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Scarberia

Posted 26 July 2010 - 03:28 PM

View PostCaneBrain, on Monday, July 26th, 2010, 7:14 PM, said:

They are taking a lot of excessive shit right now. It's one thing to say "he was not the same player in the 2nd half". It's another to let slip that the trainers thought he could play on an ankle injury but he chose not to do so. That's a ****ing cheap shot. Also, massive Heat fan now??!?!?! I challenge you to a duel, sir. I was at the first ever Heat game. When they started 0-17 as a franchise, I was at 4 of those games. I slogged through the Rory Sparrow, Rony Seikaly, Keith Askins era. I lived in Connecticut with a bunch of New york douchebags in high school while the Heat were losing to the Knicks in ridiculous fashion year after year. Don't try and pin the bandwagon tail on this poker donkey. I agree that Bosh is not a franchise guy though. I do think he is like Pau Gasol; a perfect 2nd banana if you pair him with a franchise guy like Kobe. As a third banana with two Kobe-like players? I'm looking forward to November. And June. And since the whole world is against the Heat right now, I will take it upon myself to defend them at least on here.
Sorry, didn't mean to imply that you're one of the bandwagon jumpers, I know you're not.Gasol is a much better player than Bosh is and I think you're going to be surprised at how weak his defense is and how his rebounding numbers are inflated and he's not a good defensive rebounder because he gets lazy and doesn't block out. Also he doesn't make fast decisions with the ball on offense and is a bit of a black hole who is really poor at passing when he's being defended well. He's going to get a ton of wide open looks playing with LeBron and Wade though and he for sure can hit that open mid range shot.
Bob

info@fullcontactpoker.com

#24 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

    The chosen few....

  • Members
  • 14,896 posts
  • Location:The NFL Films Vault
  • Favorite Poker Game:5/10 NLHE (100 max buy in)

Posted 26 July 2010 - 04:00 PM

View PostFCP Bob, on Monday, July 26th, 2010, 7:28 PM, said:

Sorry, didn't mean to imply that you're one of the bandwagon jumpers, I know you're not.Gasol is a much better player than Bosh is and I think you're going to be surprised at how weak his defense is and how his rebounding numbers are inflated and he's not a good defensive rebounder because he gets lazy and doesn't block out. Also he doesn't make fast decisions with the ball on offense and is a bit of a black hole who is really poor at passing when he's being defended well. He's going to get a ton of wide open looks playing with LeBron and Wade though and he for sure can hit that open mid range shot.
those last 10 words say it all. Third banana. I don't think you are understanding how much better Gasol looks playing in LA with Kobe. Look at Gasol's years in Memphis. I swear I have not looked. But numbers wise and team success wise, my memory tells me they will be quite identical. I think they are the same player to be honest.And they only think Spolestra is good at is getting people to play good D. The Heat were 2nd in points allowed last year and it is not like they were full of defensive stoppers. (Cant find the stats on that----Hollinger has them tied for third in defensive efficiency. Bosh will be a better defender in Miami I guarantee it.
"Give a little bit.....give a little bit of your chips to me...."

#25 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

    Limit Holdem Dinosaur

  • Root Admin
  • 26,938 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Scarberia

Posted 26 July 2010 - 05:02 PM

View PostCaneBrain, on Monday, July 26th, 2010, 8:00 PM, said:

those last 10 words say it all. Third banana. I don't think you are understanding how much better Gasol looks playing in LA with Kobe. Look at Gasol's years in Memphis. I swear I have not looked. But numbers wise and team success wise, my memory tells me they will be quite identical. I think they are the same player to be honest.And they only think Spolestra is good at is getting people to play good D. The Heat were 2nd in points allowed last year and it is not like they were full of defensive stoppers. (Cant find the stats on that----Hollinger has them tied for third in defensive efficiency. Bosh will be a better defender in Miami I guarantee it.
Gasol is quite a bit longer than Bosh is and is a better shot blocker and a much much better passer. Bosh is a better outside shooter.
Bob

info@fullcontactpoker.com

#26 MapleLeafpoker

MapleLeafpoker

    Poker Forum God

  • Members
  • 17,886 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Toronto
  • Interests:Poker, Hockey, Hockey pools

Posted 26 July 2010 - 09:49 PM

View PostFCP Bob, on Monday, July 26th, 2010, 7:28 PM, said:

Sorry, didn't mean to imply that you're one of the bandwagon jumpers, I know you're not.Gasol is a much better player than Bosh is and I think you're going to be surprised at how weak his defense is and how his rebounding numbers are inflated and he's not a good defensive rebounder because he gets lazy and doesn't block out. Also he doesn't make fast decisions with the ball on offense and is a bit of a black hole who is really poor at passing when he's being defended well. He's going to get a ton of wide open looks playing with LeBron and Wade though and he for sure can hit that open mid range shot.
this is very true.I agree with Bob, he didnt look like the same guy in the 2nd half. I didnt know if he was just frustrated with his teammates, or still hurting or what. And I say this because I think the one thing with Bosh is that he generally did put up a decent effort on most nights. So playing like he did stood out for me as something wrong.His D game was always weak though, and I think a big reason why the Raps have been such a poor team with regards to toughness and rebounding was he and Bargnani, and last year Turksonofabitch. But you can live with that when he is so clearly your best player, which he was.Id be a huge supporter this year if they went with an atheletic style of play that was fun to watch and came with a lot of effort. I dont need my team to always win to be happy for watching the product, as long as it looks like they are building towards something. Maybe the Raps will be that, and earn my support.I dont get why winning justifyes everything to a fanbase. If your team is playing a terrible brand of the sport you love, but they win, thats all good? And if they show effort half the time, its fine? Eh, not for me. thats not a shot at the Heat btw!

#27 fleung22

fleung22

    PokerStars Global Events Rep (PokerStars Macau)

  • Members
  • 7,006 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Vancouver-->Toronto-->Macau

Posted 28 July 2010 - 02:00 AM

Looking at the roster there's a lot of good potential. I hope this is like Atlanta 5-6 years ago and they just suck big time this year. Then get great draft picks and build from bottom up.


#28 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

    The chosen few....

  • Members
  • 14,896 posts
  • Location:The NFL Films Vault
  • Favorite Poker Game:5/10 NLHE (100 max buy in)

Posted 28 July 2010 - 09:23 AM

John Hollinger bashing the front offices of Toronto (and Orlando):Losing Bosh was bad enough, but that wasn't the only thing in Toronto that left us scratching our heads. The whole Matt Barnes saga was jaw-dropping: It appears both Barnes' agent and the Raptors' front office leaked to the media that Barnes would sign a two-year, $9 million deal with the Raptors in a sign-and-trade -- in fact, every major outlet reported it. Only one problem: The deal wasn't even remotely legal under the salary-cap rules, revealing a shocking ignorance of a very important piece of the business on the part of NBA professionals. Look, this is pretty basic stuff. I've seen stories suggesting this was some inscrutable piece of salary-cap arcana, and it's just not true. For starters, a sign-and-trade deal has to be at least three years. Has to. That's not a difficult rule to understand. I'm pretty sure all of you got it immediately. That's why every single sign-and-trade deal that any of these guys has ever done has been for at least three years. You'd think they'd at least know from experience. But right there, much energy was spent negotiating a deal that couldn't happen. Second, Orlando couldn't sign-and-trade Barnes under those terms. He had no Bird rights because he had played only one year on his current contract; the most he could be offered by the Magic this season was about $1.9 million. Again, this isn't some obscure footnote; it comes up every single year because so much of the league's rank and file are on one-year deals. Finally, Orlando could have re-signed Barnes using its midlevel exception, except that (A) the Magic had already used it, and (B) you can't do a sign-and-trade using the midlevel exception. Toronto couldn't use its midlevel on Barnes either, since it had already been bestowed on Linas Kleiza. In a nutshell, the deal had to be a sign-and-trade for at least three years, starting at no more than $1.9 million a year, or it couldn't happen. This was obvious to anyone with any knowledge of the salary-cap rules. That it wasn't to the two parties involved is disturbing.
"Give a little bit.....give a little bit of your chips to me...."

#29 outsider13

outsider13

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 4,132 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 28 July 2010 - 09:50 AM

Not really sure how anybody in particular can really be blamed for that. I mean, if there's intent to sign somebody and somebody opens their mouth (Barnes tweeted he signed too) before it's done, then they are all stupid.

#30 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

    The chosen few....

  • Members
  • 14,896 posts
  • Location:The NFL Films Vault
  • Favorite Poker Game:5/10 NLHE (100 max buy in)

Posted 28 July 2010 - 09:54 AM

View Postoutsider13, on Wednesday, July 28th, 2010, 1:50 PM, said:

Not really sure how anybody in particular can really be blamed for that. I mean, if there's intent to sign somebody and somebody opens their mouth (Barnes tweeted he signed too) before it's done, then they are all stupid.
sounds like both Toronto and Orlando need capologists.
"Give a little bit.....give a little bit of your chips to me...."

#31 outsider13

outsider13

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 4,132 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 28 July 2010 - 10:31 AM

View PostCaneBrain, on Wednesday, July 28th, 2010, 12:54 PM, said:

sounds like both Toronto and Orlando need capologists.
Agreed, and Barnes (like 99% of the NBA players) needs a twitter intervention.

#32 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

    The chosen few....

  • Members
  • 14,896 posts
  • Location:The NFL Films Vault
  • Favorite Poker Game:5/10 NLHE (100 max buy in)

Posted 02 August 2010 - 07:51 AM

AWESOME:http://www.sun-senti...0,5214311.storyThe most relevant quotes: "If he was feeling this way, why not have the guts to say it during the season? Why not say it to Chris? Now that Chris has left, it's not nice to say those things.""People have to realize something is wrong with that organization and nobody wants to go there anymore," Turkoglu told the sports network in a phone interview from his native Turkey. "It's not just the players who see this."
"Give a little bit.....give a little bit of your chips to me...."

#33 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

    Limit Holdem Dinosaur

  • Root Admin
  • 26,938 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Scarberia

Posted 02 August 2010 - 10:36 AM

View PostCaneBrain, on Monday, August 2nd, 2010, 11:51 AM, said:

AWESOME:http://www.sun-senti...0,5214311.storyThe most relevant quotes: "If he was feeling this way, why not have the guts to say it during the season? Why not say it to Chris? Now that Chris has left, it's not nice to say those things.""People have to realize something is wrong with that organization and nobody wants to go there anymore," Turkoglu told the sports network in a phone interview from his native Turkey. "It's not just the players who see this."
Quoting Turk to make a favourable point about your new BFF Bosh is a total fail.Turk was a total dog with fleas last year who was fat and lazy and then moped that he wasn't getting the ball enough. At the end of the season he told the fans he was sorry for the way he played while he was in Toronto and then when he was back in Turkey he was all sulky because the fans booed him when he was sucking on the court and said he didn't want to play in Toronto again because the fans were mean to him.Off the court he also did some strange things like trying to take the camera from a fan who snapped a picture of him and of course there was the whole situation where he was too "sick" to play a game yet later that night was out clubbing.Colangelo wasn't very smart for saying what he did but everything that he said was talked about by fans when it was happening. I noticed a massive difference in Bosh after the All Star break in his effort level especially on defense and in his general attitude.The Raptors aren't a model franchise but I think the main reason is that they've had a history of codling players like Vince and then Bosh and making them think they're bigger than the team and then last year they gave Turk the special treatment and didn't make him take part in preseason the same as other players to rest him. All that happened was that he was out of shape and full of himself.Edit:Also this.http://ca.sports.yah...?urn=nba-259330

Quote

But Colangelo is right, and whether Bosh wants to delude himself or not isn't our fault. Whether he likes it or not isn't our fault either. I watched those games. Raptors fans, and there are many, saw those games. And I'm sure the bulk of them appreciated his amazing run over the first 50-plus games and can also understand why a guy takes it easy after being enervated by yet another middling season amongst a group of players who can't defend or rebound. You're still safer wearing a Bosh jersey in Toronto than you are wearing a Vince Carter(notes) jersey.This wasn't a tank job. And it certainly wasn't every game. Maybe not even every other game. This was just Chris at about 85 percent of what we saw from him earlier that season (and his contributions agree with that percentage), and about 90 percent of what we've seen from him for his career. This wasn't Carter. It wasn't even Pau Gasol(notes) in his last year with the Grizzlies. But Bosh wasn't going as hard in March. Especially on defense. And when you act the way you've acted? Soliciting free-agent suggestions over Twitter on April 30 even though you're still technically a member of the Toronto Raptors until July 1? Following Dwyane Wade around North America like a tagalong little brother? The Hamptons nonsense? The All-Star admission? Just being in the same picture as LeBron James, who has become public enemy No. 1?It allows for those with long memories and nothing to do on a Tuesday night in March to recall what went down. That's what you're left with, Chris. And you're best served not protesting too much. Better to let this slip away. Kind of like you did with the Raptors' season.

Bob

info@fullcontactpoker.com

#34 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

    The chosen few....

  • Members
  • 14,896 posts
  • Location:The NFL Films Vault
  • Favorite Poker Game:5/10 NLHE (100 max buy in)

Posted 02 August 2010 - 11:37 AM

View PostFCP Bob, on Monday, August 2nd, 2010, 2:36 PM, said:

Quoting Turk to make a favourable point about your new BFF Bosh is a total fail.Turk was a total dog with fleas last year who was fat and lazy and then moped that he wasn't getting the ball enough. At the end of the season he told the fans he was sorry for the way he played while he was in Toronto and then when he was back in Turkey he was all sulky because the fans booed him when he was sucking on the court and said he didn't want to play in Toronto again because the fans were mean to him.Off the court he also did some strange things like trying to take the camera from a fan who snapped a picture of him and of course there was the whole situation where he was too "sick" to play a game yet later that night was out clubbing.Colangelo wasn't very smart for saying what he did but everything that he said was talked about by fans when it was happening. I noticed a massive difference in Bosh after the All Star break in his effort level especially on defense and in his general attitude.The Raptors aren't a model franchise but I think the main reason is that they've had a history of codling players like Vince and then Bosh and making them think they're bigger than the team and then last year they gave Turk the special treatment and didn't make him take part in preseason the same as other players to rest him. All that happened was that he was out of shape and full of himself.Edit:Also this.http://ca.sports.yah...?urn=nba-259330
Kelly Dwyer has the credibility with me that Hedo does with you. Just sayin.Also, the first quote I posted from Hedo is the important one. Don't wait until he leaves to say something or you just look like a sour grapes douche.As for everything else, la-la-la can't hear you.
"Give a little bit.....give a little bit of your chips to me...."

#35 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

    Limit Holdem Dinosaur

  • Root Admin
  • 26,938 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Scarberia

Posted 11 August 2010 - 05:24 AM

When I first heard that The Raptors would be playing 2 games in London vs New Jersey I thought there would only be 40 regular season games in Toronto but it turns out both games are Nets "Home" games and the Raptors still have 41 games at the ACC.Makes perfect sense. The Raptors are in the top 8 in the NBA in revenue per home game while The Nets usually have about 10,000 empty seats.
Bob

info@fullcontactpoker.com

#36 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

    The chosen few....

  • Members
  • 14,896 posts
  • Location:The NFL Films Vault
  • Favorite Poker Game:5/10 NLHE (100 max buy in)

Posted 11 August 2010 - 06:36 AM

View PostFCP Bob, on Wednesday, August 11th, 2010, 9:24 AM, said:

When I first heard that The Raptors would be playing 2 games in London vs New Jersey I thought there would only be 40 regular season games in Toronto but it turns out both games are Nets "Home" games and the Raptors still have 41 games at the ACC.Makes perfect sense. The Raptors are in the top 8 in the NBA in revenue per home game while The Nets usually have about 10,000 empty seats.
On our next segment of "Reaching for Positives".......
"Give a little bit.....give a little bit of your chips to me...."

#37 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

    Limit Holdem Dinosaur

  • Root Admin
  • 26,938 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Scarberia

Posted 11 August 2010 - 06:59 AM

View PostCaneBrain, on Wednesday, August 11th, 2010, 10:36 AM, said:

On our next segment of "Reaching for Positives".......
I'll take "What Do Smug Heat Fans Say" for $400 Alex
Bob

info@fullcontactpoker.com

#38 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

    The chosen few....

  • Members
  • 14,896 posts
  • Location:The NFL Films Vault
  • Favorite Poker Game:5/10 NLHE (100 max buy in)

Posted 11 August 2010 - 07:43 AM

View PostFCP Bob, on Wednesday, August 11th, 2010, 10:59 AM, said:

I'll take "What Do Smug Heat Fans Say" for $400 Alex
It's true; I am so smug about the NBA right now it's a little ridiculous. Like George Clooney smug.
"Give a little bit.....give a little bit of your chips to me...."

#39 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

    The chosen few....

  • Members
  • 14,896 posts
  • Location:The NFL Films Vault
  • Favorite Poker Game:5/10 NLHE (100 max buy in)

Posted 20 August 2010 - 03:59 PM

There is a Raptors blogger named Zarar Siddiqi who is a part of ESPN.com's 93 expert roundtable and I guess he is kind of bitter about Bosh leaving because his predictions are insane especially about the Heat. He's embarrassing Raptors fans; you should ask him to stop.
"Give a little bit.....give a little bit of your chips to me...."

#40 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

    Limit Holdem Dinosaur

  • Root Admin
  • 26,938 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Scarberia

Posted 20 August 2010 - 04:27 PM

View PostCaneBrain, on Friday, August 20th, 2010, 7:59 PM, said:

There is a Raptors blogger named Zarar Siddiqi who is a part of ESPN.com's 93 expert roundtable and I guess he is kind of bitter about Bosh leaving because his predictions are insane especially about the Heat. He's embarrassing Raptors fans; you should ask him to stop.
LOL,I think the fact that you have your panties all in a bunch over some guy on the internet predicting that The Heat will win between 60-64 games in the regular season and not win any titles is far more embarrassing.
Bob

info@fullcontactpoker.com



Reply to this topic



  


1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users