• Please log in to reply
955 replies to this topic

#41 SBriand

SBriand

Viva La Beaver!

• Members
  • 15,097 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 07:27 AM

Sadly I won't be home to watch this tonight. Probably won't get to see it till like Thursday. Boo!
QUOTE (digitalmonkey @ Wednesday, August 18th, 2010, 1:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Steve,

It doesn't matter who you start because you have a horse shoe up your ass so far I'm not really sure how you get through the day. You must be gay.

#42 Jadaki

Jadaki

IIOY?

• Members
  • 22,247 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 09:43 AM

HBO is reairing it like 743 times this week, gonna be hard to miss

#43 SBriand

SBriand

Viva La Beaver!

• Members
  • 15,097 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 01:23 PM

Trouble is is that I am staying at my moms house while she is in the hospital and she doesn't have HBO. I think I am just going to drive home tonight and watch it and then go back to my moms. I am too stoked for this.
Steve,

It doesn't matter who you start because you have a horse shoe up your ass so far I'm not really sure how you get through the day. You must be gay.

#44 Voldemort

Voldemort

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 3,229 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Owning Souls

Posted 17 April 2011 - 04:58 PM

View PostFCP Bob, on Sunday, April 17th, 2011, 8:54 AM, said:

Really looking forward to this tonight.
It's go time!

#45 Jadaki

Jadaki

IIOY?

• Members
  • 22,247 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 06:26 PM

Pretty well done. Some details are missed from the book obviously, but they touched on all the important stuff and cast is great (Jamie being better than I thought he would be when I saw who they cast) and the settings are awesome. I'm already worried that 10 episodes just isn't going to cut it. I guess it depends on where they stop the first season in the story though.For those that had trouble keeping track of who is who...HBO Game of Thrones Guide It's spoiler free, but shows a lot of people that have not been introduced yet.

#46 king_tanner

king_tanner

Poker Forum C***

• Members
  • 11,045 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Crazy Pineapple hi/lo

Posted 17 April 2011 - 09:49 PM

View PostSBriand, on Wednesday, April 13th, 2011, 11:57 AM, said:

My guess will be that fastpasstv.com will hook you up
ty! it worked.I really liked it. I hope enough people watch it so it doesn't get cancelled. All the characters seemed to be casted well aside from Cat looking like a grandma.I know he was in it for about 5 seconds, but how sick was The Hound's costume!Favorite character's: Tyrion (they should have made him look uglier though) and Daenarys for obvious reasons. How hot is she!

QUOTE (rcgs59 @ Wednesday, January 5th, 2011, 8:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
$5,000 lol wish it was 5000

#47 powerpoker

powerpoker

^^^^^ my second home

• Members
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 04:58 AM

I know nothing about the book so i have no clue what they left out or didnt...but i liked this show alot...im pretty much hooked already.
Im going to the rhino twice a week now, i think i may have a problem, but this problem i dont wanna fix

Official Saved By The Bell trivia King!!!!!!!!

They say money can't buy happiness? Look at the fucking smile on my face. Ear to ear, baby. --boiler room

#48 Mercury69

Mercury69

Half man! Half man!

• Members
  • 14,244 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:NLHE

Posted 18 April 2011 - 05:56 AM

View PostSBriand, on Sunday, April 17th, 2011, 5:23 PM, said:

Trouble is is that I am staying at my moms house while she is in the hospital and she doesn't have HBO. I think I am just going to drive home tonight and watch it and then go back to my moms. I am too stoked for this.
Not sure what your mom's issue(s) is/are, but all the best...Watched the 1st Ep last night and, although I have seen and read so many fantasy stories and am very cynical about content (ie: Dire wolves? Again? A mysterious malevolent warrior army? Again? Another savage warrior race who likes raping women during parties? Again? A trusted advisor dies suddenly and someone suspects murder? Again?), it's still a pleasure to watch something with some awesome production values. Man, they sure spent a pissload of money on this...Sean Bean is excellent, as always, and there is lots more to enjoy...Loved/hated the end of the episode, but a catalyst is clearly required.
"We had all the momentum. We were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look west, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark, that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back." —Raoul Duke, Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas

"Those are brave men knocking at the door. Let's go and kill them!" - Tyrion Lannister

#49 SBriand

SBriand

Viva La Beaver!

• Members
  • 15,097 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 06:42 AM

Was able to watch it and enjoyed it a lot. They changed somethings around and added a scene or two but it worked to get the story across and that is all I really cared about.Merc: thanks, she had a hip replacement and all is well.
Steve,

#50 king_tanner

king_tanner

Poker Forum C***

• Members
  • 11,045 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 07:42 AM

View PostMercury69, on Monday, April 18th, 2011, 6:56 AM, said:

Not sure what your mom's issue(s) is/are, but all the best...Watched the 1st Ep last night and, although I have seen and read so many fantasy stories and am very cynical about content (ie: Dire wolves? Again? A mysterious malevolent warrior army? Again? Another savage warrior race who likes raping women during parties? Again? A trusted advisor dies suddenly and someone suspects murder? Again?), it's still a pleasure to watch something with some awesome production values. Man, they sure spent a pissload of money on this...Sean Bean is excellent, as always, and there is lots more to enjoy...Loved/hated the end of the episode, but a catalyst is clearly required.
You have read a lot of fantasy, but not these books? I know it has been said a ton on this forum, but please read the books. This is by far my favorite fantasy series.I see what you are saying in your post. Try to give things awhile to develop and it will set itself apart from other fantasy stories imo. There are a lot of characters who have not been introduced and a lot of the minor characters who were introduced become a lot more epic. It was just an introductory episode and if they are going to do with the series what I think they will, it is going to be extremely entertaining.

#51 SBriand

SBriand

Viva La Beaver!

• Members
  • 15,097 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 07:50 AM

I will say that I am not a fantasy reader but was told I had to read these books and I absolutely loooooved them. If all fantasy was like this then I would read it but it's not.
Steve,

#52 Mercury69

Mercury69

Half man! Half man!

• Members
  • 14,244 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 08:36 AM

I do believe I will read the books and, despite my comments, there is no question: I will be watching this series. The fantasy genre is one of my favorites, although I have not really immersed myself in anything over the past few years. That being said, I do love tits and dire wolves and courtly intrigue...What self-respecting fantasy series DOESN'T have those?
"We had all the momentum. We were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look west, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark, that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back." —Raoul Duke, Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas

"Those are brave men knocking at the door. Let's go and kill them!" - Tyrion Lannister

#53 qyayqi

qyayqi

ketchup is murder.

• Members
  • 5,656 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 09:51 AM

quite entertaining opening episode. when did that much boobage & assaments become a 14a rating?i think i'll leave it on the dvr to re-watch it and then the next episode back-to-back. i was kind of dozey this morning.
qyayqi
railing 101 video

crush their dreams like aluminum cans.
then take them in for recycling.
5 cents a dream, man.

#54 Mercury69

Mercury69

Half man! Half man!

• Members
  • 14,244 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 10:21 AM

View Postqyayqi, on Monday, April 18th, 2011, 1:51 PM, said:

quite entertaining opening episode. when did that much boobage & assaments become a 14a rating?i think i'll leave it on the dvr to re-watch it and then the next episode back-to-back. i was kind of dozey this morning.
Don't forget the simulated doggie style rape...

#55 hank213

hank213

inventor of the tactical turtleneck..the tactilneck

• Members
  • 8,222 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 10:43 AM

View PostMercury69, on Monday, April 18th, 2011, 12:21 PM, said:

SPOILERS MOTHERFUCKER!
Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen.

#56 El Guapo

El Guapo

Like A Boss!

• Members
  • 16,439 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 11:06 AM

OK, I watched it. Pretty good. I am about as far in the book as this EP went. I am going on vacation the end of the week and hope to finish the book, then I can actually watch the rest of the show.

#57 king_tanner

king_tanner

Poker Forum C***

• Members
  • 11,045 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 06:54 PM

View PostMercury69, on Monday, April 18th, 2011, 11:21 AM, said:

book and show spoiler regarding the Dothraki and their raping ways:
Spoiler

#58 hank213

hank213

inventor of the tactical turtleneck..the tactilneck

• Members
  • 8,222 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 07:16 PM

Just finished watching and I approve of the treatment. So far the show seems to respect the source material and they've done an admirable job of condensing a massive work without leaving out the seminal events.
Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen.

#59 SBriand

SBriand

Viva La Beaver!

• Members
  • 15,097 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 08:40 AM

sweetGameofThronesIt's official. @HBO has renewed Game of Thrones for a second season. #gameofthrones
Steve,

#60 Mercury69

Mercury69

Half man! Half man!

• Members
  • 14,244 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 08:55 AM

View PostSBriand, on Tuesday, April 19th, 2011, 12:40 PM, said:

sweetGameofThronesIt's official. @HBO has renewed Game of Thrones for a second season. #gameofthrones
Really? I though it would be one of those epic one-off things, but this is good news for fantasy fans. Now they don't have to rush plots and leave gaping holes in the narrative.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users