• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 mtdesmoines

mtdesmoines

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 9,976 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 11:40 AM

Posted ImageFeral Cow Poker Hand ConverterNo Limit Hold'em $0.50/$1.00 - 8 playersButton: $21.50 SB: $77.50 BB: $36.35 UTG: $134.50 UTG+1: $141.35 MP: $98.00 HJ: $59.80 (Hero)CO: $207.45 Preflop: ($1.50) Hero is HJ with :club: :ts (8 players)UTG folds, UTG+1 raises to $3.50, MP folds, Hero calls $3.50, 4 foldsFlop: ($8.50) :jh :5c :qh (2 players)UTG+1 bets $4.25, Hero calls $4.25Turn: ($17.00) :3h (2 players)UTG+1 bets $9.50, Hero calls $9.50River: ($36.00) :4h (2 players)UTG+1 checks, Hero checks
Somewhere Jimmy Carter is smiling because he knows that he is no longer the worst President of the modern era

#2 hartman72

hartman72

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 04:24 PM

I think your line is ok, but I may be inclined to bet river. It appears villain could have JJ-AA and is afraid of the 4 card straight. I think it's 50/50 whether to bet or not.

#3 Ninja Ace

Ninja Ace

Don't fold anything to me and profit

• Members
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 05:45 PM

Online FR is so nitty nowadays that one pair is always a bluff catcher... this line is perfect in a vacuum tbh
Idiot Savant Extraordinaire

QUOTE (QED @ Monday, May 24th, 2010, 2:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just got slow rolled by some random with aces, time to take an automatic weapon to the nearest crowded public space.

QUOTE (BaseJester)
"Mixing it up" doesn't magically rationalize anything you do. It's like you walk up to a pencil sharpener, pencil in hand, and think, "Everyone expects me to sharpen this pencil, but I'm going to mix it up." Then you whip out your cock and sharpen that instead and yell, "Ha ha, bitches, you never saw that coming!" Well, no, they didn't. But you still have a dull pencil and bleeding dick.

#4 rrumsey

rrumsey

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,881 posts
  • Interests:I like to think about and play poker. Enough said. I read a lot of forums and am now trying to write in them.
  • Favorite Poker Game:O8, PLO, LHE, NLHE

Posted 04 June 2010 - 05:54 PM

View PostNinja Ace, on Friday, June 4th, 2010, 5:45 PM, said:

Online FR is so nitty nowadays that one pair is always a bluff catcher... this line is perfect in a vacuum tbh
very well put
Escalante in the small stakes grinder podcast in respect to my FPS " Bet your damn hands!!!" hahaha

Download Spartan's podcast, Small Stakes Grinder! the link for iTunes is: (http://itunes.apple....der/id354114893)
Check out updates to the podcast in the "Members Blog" section of the forum (of pokerroad)...or else. Check it out guys it is a great podcast. Next Episode (Topic: Interview with Barry Greenstein Part 2): 04/19/10

#5 shynepo3

shynepo3

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 08:47 PM

what do you do when villian bets pot on river? fold? the reason i ask is because the way hero played this hand, if i'm villian, it looks exactly like a medium overpair...and with the way the board came out, i will fire all 3 streets with overs (ak, etc) and and overpairs (qq+) the exact same....

#6 hartman72

hartman72

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 09:23 PM

View Postshynepo3, on Friday, June 4th, 2010, 9:47 PM, said:

what do you do when villian bets pot on river? fold? the reason i ask is because the way hero played this hand, if i'm villian, it looks exactly like a medium overpair...and with the way the board came out, i will fire all 3 streets with overs (ak, etc) and and overpairs (qq+) the exact same....
So if you have AK, and put villain on 10 10 or JJ you would fire all three streets expecting a fold?

#7 Danege

Danege

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 03:51 AM

View Posthartman72, on Saturday, June 5th, 2010, 3:23 PM, said:

So if you have AK, and put villain on 10 10 or JJ you would fire all three streets expecting a fold?
Depends on the villian.If he's the type to fold overpairs when you barrell off, then do so.If he's the type to call down with overpairs when you barrell off, then don't.Simple really.

#8 shynepo3

shynepo3

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 08:57 AM

View Posthartman72, on Saturday, June 5th, 2010, 1:23 AM, said:

it depends really...but to observant players, i will play them similar., and show the a/k, successful or not..

#9 Ninja Ace

Ninja Ace

• Members
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 09:17 AM

View Postshynepo3, on Friday, June 4th, 2010, 8:47 PM, said:

what do you do when villian bets pot on river? fold?
Most of the time, yup

Just got slow rolled by some random with aces, time to take an automatic weapon to the nearest crowded public space.

QUOTE (BaseJester)
"Mixing it up" doesn't magically rationalize anything you do. It's like you walk up to a pencil sharpener, pencil in hand, and think, "Everyone expects me to sharpen this pencil, but I'm going to mix it up." Then you whip out your cock and sharpen that instead and yell, "Ha ha, bitches, you never saw that coming!" Well, no, they didn't. But you still have a dull pencil and bleeding dick.

#10 hartman72

hartman72

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 10:08 AM

View PostNinja Ace, on Saturday, June 5th, 2010, 10:17 AM, said:

Most of the time, yup
Why are we calling on the turn then?

#11 Ninja Ace

Ninja Ace

• Members
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 10:54 AM

View Posthartman72, on Saturday, June 5th, 2010, 10:08 AM, said:

Why are we calling on the turn then?
Because our hand is still ahead of a random's range

QUOTE (BaseJester)

#12 rrumsey

rrumsey

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,881 posts
  • Interests:I like to think about and play poker. Enough said. I read a lot of forums and am now trying to write in them.
  • Favorite Poker Game:O8, PLO, LHE, NLHE

Posted 05 June 2010 - 12:39 PM

View PostNinja Ace, on Saturday, June 5th, 2010, 10:54 AM, said:

Because our hand is still ahead of a random's range
exactly, and we could always catch a 10 on the river, i mean we managed the pot and played it well. too bad villain beat you still right?
Escalante in the small stakes grinder podcast in respect to my FPS " Bet your damn hands!!!" hahaha

Download Spartan's podcast, Small Stakes Grinder! the link for iTunes is: (http://itunes.apple....der/id354114893)
Check out updates to the podcast in the "Members Blog" section of the forum (of pokerroad)...or else. Check it out guys it is a great podcast. Next Episode (Topic: Interview with Barry Greenstein Part 2): 04/19/10

#13 Ninja Ace

Ninja Ace

• Members
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 03:37 PM

View Postrrumsey, on Saturday, June 5th, 2010, 12:39 PM, said:

exactly, and we could always catch a 10 on the river, i mean we managed the pot and played it well. too bad villain beat you still right?
my guess is MT is looking for value that isn't there

QUOTE (BaseJester)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users