87 replies to this topic

#21 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

Forum Entitlist

• Members
  • 26,671 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 12:23 PM

View PostEl Guapo, on Thursday, May 27th, 2010, 3:20 PM, said:

Stockton was a better shooter, can knock down the open 3. We would need one person to stretch the defense, keep the double downs honest. GP was probably a slightly worse shooter than Stockton, that is why John gets the nod.
If we need someone to hit some open threes we just put in ray allen from off the bench.
"We are only wise in knowing that we know nothing"
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

"I'm a basketball player and a businessman, not a Thundercat,"
-Lebron James

#22 quadaces

quadaces

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,945 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 03:36 PM

View PostPoppy_Hillis, on Thursday, May 27th, 2010, 1:54 AM, said:

Soooo, I had some friends over watching the Celtics Magic game before we went out, and it turned into......If the league started over and had a fantasy style snake draft to pick new teams, what would the draft order look like.Here's my top ten picks.1. Lebron James2. Dwight Howard3. Dwyane Wade4. Kevin Durant5. Carmelo Anthony6. Deron Williams7. Chris Paul8. Derrick Rose9. Kobe Bryant10. Dirk NowitzkiOther stuff came up like' all-time starting five; all-time greatest Laker; all-time greatest Clipper; greatest college player; etc. Basically, my favorite night as a human being.
Really? Don't think Howard would make my top 15

#23 Canary3

Canary3

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:short handed pot limit omaha

Posted 06 June 2010 - 03:57 PM

View PostBigDMcGee, on Thursday, May 27th, 2010, 1:23 PM, said:

If we need someone to hit some open threes we just put in Reggie Miller from off the bench.
FYP
You can get free stuff just for signing up for an online poker room http://www.pokersource.com/?rc=whatsupma3

#24 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

Forum Entitlist

• Members
  • 26,671 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 05:21 PM

View PostCanary3, on Sunday, June 6th, 2010, 6:57 PM, said:

FYP
Nope it was right the first time Ray allen has shot .396 from the arc for his career, and miller 395, and allen only had 1 season ( his rookie season) where he got the benefit of the shorted three point line.
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

-Lebron James

#25 Jadaki

Jadaki

IIOY?

• Members
  • 22,247 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 06:30 PM

Ray Allen > Reggie MillerRay has a much more complete game. He is better at penetrating and passing, and is the smarter team defender aside from being a slightly better shooter.

#26 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 26,929 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 06:55 PM

View PostJadaki, on Sunday, June 6th, 2010, 10:30 PM, said:

Ray Allen > Reggie MillerRay has a much more complete game. He is better at penetrating and passing, and is the smarter team defender aside from being a slightly better shooter.
Allen also doesn't have Dumbo Ears
Bob

info@fullcontactpoker.com

#27 Poppy_Hillis

Poppy_Hillis

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 3,904 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 07:45 PM

View Postquadaces, on Sunday, June 6th, 2010, 3:36 PM, said:

Really? Don't think Howard would make my top 15
quadaces. Noted.

#28 Canary3

Canary3

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:short handed pot limit omaha

Posted 06 June 2010 - 08:02 PM

Don't I look silly after tonights game. What a game for Allen.
You can get free stuff just for signing up for an online poker room http://www.pokersource.com/?rc=whatsupma3

#29 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

Forum Entitlist

• Members
  • 26,671 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 03:48 PM

View PostCanary3, on Sunday, June 6th, 2010, 11:02 PM, said:

Don't I look silly after tonights game. What a game for Allen.
yeah, make your decisions on who's better on a one game sample size, that's pretty smart!Posted Image
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

-Lebron James

#30 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,896 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:5/10 NLHE (100 max buy in)

Posted 09 June 2010 - 05:10 PM

No way would I want a jackass like GP on my all time team (even though at his peak he was well beyond Stockton).Isiah ThomasJordanPippenBird Shaq.I would take Shaq and surround him with three versatile perimeter players who all had off the charts basketball IQs, good passers, good enough shooters, proven winners/crunch time performers, and great defenders plus a point guard who was a true PG and another clutch guy.I think Shaq remains somehow underrated (his career, not currently of course). There has never existed anyone who could guard him one on one in his prime. I could be talked into Kareem Abdul Jabaar instead of Shaq maybe. I want a center who I can always throw it in to for a high percentage shot and go from there.
"Give a little bit.....give a little bit of your chips to me...."

#31 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

Forum Entitlist

• Members
  • 26,671 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 05:43 PM

View PostCaneBrain, on Wednesday, June 9th, 2010, 8:10 PM, said:

No way would I want a jackass like GP on my all time team (even though at his peak he was well beyond Stockton).Isiah ThomasJordanPippenBird Shaq.I would take Shaq and surround him with three versatile perimeter players who all had off the charts basketball IQs, good passers, good enough shooters, proven winners/crunch time performers, and great defenders plus a point guard who was a true PG and another clutch guy.I think Shaq remains somehow underrated (his career, not currently of course). There has never existed anyone who could guard him one on one in his prime. I could be talked into Kareem Abdul Jabaar instead of Shaq maybe. I want a center who I can always throw it in to for a high percentage shot and go from there.
The reason shaq gets such a knock is people believe ( fairly or not) that he was some fraction of the player he should have been, if he worked harder and had more fire. At his peak, he was the most unstoppable player, physically, I've ever seen. It' still probably take kareem, though. the sky hook is the most unstoppable shot in history, and he was a better FT shooter ( a legit knock on shaq)Also, I really can't see taking Isiah over Magic. I mean, even if they were equally great ( and I think Magic was greater) , Magic was 6-9. I don't think it's even close. And it would be nice to have more height with that line up since you don't have a true power forward.
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

-Lebron James

#32 vbnautilus

vbnautilus

psychonaut

• Members
  • 10,326 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 01:34 PM

View PostCaneBrain, on Wednesday, June 9th, 2010, 6:10 PM, said:

I think Shaq remains somehow underrated (his career, not currently of course). There has never existed anyone who could guard him one on one in his prime.
yeah, but:

View PostBigDMcGee, on Wednesday, June 9th, 2010, 6:43 PM, said:

The reason shaq gets such a knock is people believe ( fairly or not) that he was some fraction of the player he should have been, if he worked harder and had more fire.
exactly.

At his peak, he was the most unstoppable player, physically, I've ever seen.
The other thing is that his "peak" lasted about 5 minutes. Which is probably related to the whole attitude thing.

#33 babylondonks

babylondonks

I have had a perfectly wonderful evening

• Members
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 02:20 PM

you don't take Payton for being a jackass and then you choose Isiah?

#34 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,896 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 02:25 PM

View Postbabylondonks, on Thursday, June 17th, 2010, 6:20 PM, said:

you don't take Payton for being a jackass and then you choose Isiah?
Jordan was a jackass too but him and Isiah are winners. I took shaqand 4 winners.Who cares if shaq never reached his potential?What he did from 95-03 was amazing. And he makes his teammates better.

#35 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

Forum Entitlist

• Members
  • 26,671 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 10:07 PM

View PostCaneBrain, on Thursday, June 17th, 2010, 5:25 PM, said:

Jordan was a jackass too but him and Isiah are winners.
Posted ImageYou could make a strong case that Payton outplayed jordan in the 1996 finals. Jordan had several stinkers in that series, including a game 6 not unlike Kobe's game 7 where where jordan went 5-19 with a 26% shooting. The bulls were just a better team than the sonics, it had nothing to do with Peyton not being a "winner"Also, LOL @ the idea of choosing one player over another on this list because they aren't Winners" as if picking Peyton over Isiah would turn a team with Jordan, Pippen, Bird and shaq from winners to losers. Fuk, if I ran point for that team, it would still win 80 regular season games. But, I mean, if you want "winners", then Magic imo. Or if you just want the greatest point guard of all time who also happens to be 6'9, then magic imo.

View PostCaneBrain, on Thursday, June 17th, 2010, 5:25 PM, said:

Who cares if shaq never reached his potential?What he did from 95-03 was amazing. And he makes his teammates better.
Well, I mean, I think some fans resent players who are lazy or who don't squeeze every bit out of their potential like jordan or somebody. I don't really care, My self. Like I said, I'd take peak shaq over literally any center of all time. And his peak wasn't five minutes. Shaq in 1994-1995 37 mins per 29.3 points .583 shooting % 11.4 rebounds, 2.7 ast 2.4 blks1999-00 Shaq 40 mins 29.7 points .574 shooting % 13.6 rbs, 3.8 ass, 3 blks2004-05 Shaq 34 mins, 22.9 points .601 shooting % (lol!) 10.4 rbs, 2.7 ast, 2.3 blks that's pretty freaking great for 10 solid years
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

-Lebron James

#36 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,896 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 05:32 AM

View PostBigDMcGee, on Sunday, June 20th, 2010, 2:07 AM, said:

Posted ImageYou could make a strong case that Payton outplayed jordan in the 1996 finals. Jordan had several stinkers in that series, including a game 6 not unlike Kobe's game 7 where where jordan went 5-19 with a 26% shooting. The bulls were just a better team than the sonics, it had nothing to do with Peyton not being a "winner"Also, LOL @ the idea of choosing one player over another on this list because they aren't Winners" as if picking Peyton over Isiah would turn a team with Jordan, Pippen, Bird and shaq from winners to losers. Fuk, if I ran point for that team, it would still win 80 regular season games. But, I mean, if you want "winners", then Magic imo. Or if you just want the greatest point guard of all time who also happens to be 6'9, then magic imo. Well, I mean, I think some fans resent players who are lazy or who don't squeeze every bit out of their potential like jordan or somebody. I don't really care, My self. Like I said, I'd take peak shaq over literally any center of all time. And his peak wasn't five minutes. Shaq in 1994-1995 37 mins per 29.3 points .583 shooting % 11.4 rebounds, 2.7 ast 2.4 blks1999-00 Shaq 40 mins 29.7 points .574 shooting % 13.6 rbs, 3.8 ass, 3 blks2004-05 Shaq 34 mins, 22.9 points .601 shooting % (lol!) 10.4 rbs, 2.7 ast, 2.3 blks that's pretty freaking great for 10 solid years
hey, you gotta decide how to pick people somehow. I took Isiah over Magic because Isiah was a better jump shooter which I think makes more sense with Shaq. In a vacuum, Magic > Isiah obv.

#37 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

Forum Entitlist

• Members
  • 26,671 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 06:39 AM

View PostCaneBrain, on Sunday, June 20th, 2010, 8:32 AM, said:

hey, you gotta decide how to pick people somehow. I took Isiah over Magic because Isiah was a better jump shooter which I think makes more sense with Shaq. In a vacuum, Magic > Isiah obv.
if that's the criteria, I'd take stockton or nash.
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

-Lebron James

#38 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,896 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 12:41 PM

View PostBigDMcGee, on Sunday, June 20th, 2010, 10:39 AM, said:

if that's the criteria, I'd take stockton or nash.
I hate John Stockton, but he would be a fine pick.Nash is too much of a defensive liability for my tastes. This is all splitting hairs anyway.

#39 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

Forum Entitlist

• Members
  • 26,671 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 09:54 PM

View PostCaneBrain, on Sunday, June 20th, 2010, 3:41 PM, said:

I hate John Stockton, but he would be a fine pick.Nash is too much of a defensive liability for my tastes. This is all splitting hairs anyway.
Yeah, but again, if your team is Jordan, pippen, bird and shaq, you can afford a defensive liability at point.
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

-Lebron James

#40 SuperJon

SuperJon

<3

• Members
  • 6,659 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 02:31 PM

mY DREAM team would be as follows:Center - That would be my uncle because he is tall. We called him Uncle tall when we were younger, and i think he can durnk the ball good.power ford - optimus prime no dobut. im sure he gotz mad skillz ya heard!?small ford - my 3rd grade teacher mrs johnson. bitchez be ballin' dawgshoot guard - fabio. met him a few years back and played some horse. made those mj and lb commercials look weakpoint guard - john elway. cuz it's john elway that's why.coach - my kitty muffin. she is smart and knows the game.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users