#1021 Pot Odds RAC

Pot Odds RAC

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 7,172 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Live NL TxHE

Posted 27 September 2010 - 12:43 PM

View Postvbnautilus, on Monday, September 27th, 2010, 4:27 PM, said:

Why should religious people not be criticized? Liberals do tend to be less religious than conservatives, but as a group they are still mostly religious (see poll data here).
Did you read that survey? It seems internally inconsistent at times.There is some interesting stuff in there.

Most liberals, as well as conservatives, consider themselves to be Christian. However, the proportion of adults in each group who embrace that identity differs significantly: 94% of conservatives call themselves Christians, while just 74% of liberals do so.
This surprised me. I honestly didn't realize that this many Americans identified themselves as Christians. There is no way that 75% (or more) of people that I know identify themselves as Christians. And then:

21% of conservatives were associated with the Catholic church, compared to 30% among the liberals.
I'd have thought that more Christians would be Catholics and it seems interesting that more Liberals are Catholics than Liberals.

#1022 ahosang

ahosang

Trolling FCP like everyone else...

• Members
  • 1,282 posts
  • Interests:Trolling
  • Favorite Poker Game:Trolling

Posted 27 September 2010 - 05:25 PM

View PostBalloon guy, on Monday, September 27th, 2010, 9:38 PM, said:

1. Cause we are better than you2. Cause we are chosen by God3. Cause we founded this country4. Chuck Norris is GOD
FYP
FCP is a trollfest. If ya can't beat 'em, join 'em!!!!

#1023 mk

mk

nord-américain racaille

• Members
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 05:19 AM

View PostPot Odds RAC, on Monday, September 27th, 2010, 2:58 PM, said:

Horse shit.Liberals, perhaps not you, have indeed bashed and ridiculed religious people in general, not just their political "religious right" incarnations. They think they are smarter than people who worship God. I find it unsurprising that you not only personally attack me, but ignore this Liberal tendency and claim it is just some noble desire to separate Church and State. FWIW I support the separation, even though it wasn't exactly what our Founding Fathers had in mind.
God doesn't belong to a political party, but if anything, Jesus was a RAGING fucking liberal:Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God. [Matthew 5:9] Resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also. [Matthew 5:39] I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despite-fully use you, and persecute you; [Matthew 5:44] Thou shalt not kill [Matthew 5:21] If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to cast a stone at her. [John 8:7] Do not judge, lest you too be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. [Matthew 7:1 & 2.] In the temple courts [Jesus] found men selling cattle, sheep and doves and other sitting at tables exchanging money. So he made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple area, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables. [John 2:14 & 15.] Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; a man's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions. [Luke 12.15.] Truly, I say unto you, it will be hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. [Matthew 19:23] You cannot serve both God and Money. [Matthew 6:24.] Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's. [Matthew 22:21] Love your neighbor as yourself. [Matthew 22:39] So in everything, do to others as you would have them do to you. [Matthew 7:12.] If you would be perfect, go, sell what you possess and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. [Matthew 19:21] But when you give a feast, invite the poor, the maimed, the lame, the blind, and you will be blessed, because they cannot repay you. You will be repaid at the resurrection of the just. [Luke 14:13 &14.] And when thou pray, thou shall not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. But thou, when thou pray, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret… [Matthew 6:6 & 7]

#1024 dapokerbum

dapokerbum

The American Dream?

• Members
  • 2,350 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:NLHE for now

Posted 28 September 2010 - 08:08 AM

View Postmk, on Tuesday, September 28th, 2010, 6:19 AM, said:

God doesn't belong to a political party, but if anything, Jesus was a RAGING fucking liberal:Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God. [Matthew 5:9] Resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also. [Matthew 5:39] I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despite-fully use you, and persecute you; [Matthew 5:44] Thou shalt not kill [Matthew 5:21] If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to cast a stone at her. [John 8:7] Do not judge, lest you too be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. [Matthew 7:1 & 2.] In the temple courts [Jesus] found men selling cattle, sheep and doves and other sitting at tables exchanging money. So he made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple area, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables. [John 2:14 & 15.] Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; a man's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions. [Luke 12.15.] Truly, I say unto you, it will be hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. [Matthew 19:23] You cannot serve both God and Money. [Matthew 6:24.] Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's. [Matthew 22:21] Love your neighbor as yourself. [Matthew 22:39] So in everything, do to others as you would have them do to you. [Matthew 7:12.] If you would be perfect, go, sell what you possess and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. [Matthew 19:21] But when you give a feast, invite the poor, the maimed, the lame, the blind, and you will be blessed, because they cannot repay you. You will be repaid at the resurrection of the just. [Luke 14:13 &14.] And when thou pray, thou shall not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. But thou, when thou pray, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret… [Matthew 6:6 & 7]
Don't forget that he was for women's rights as well
There was madness in any direction, at any hour…You could strike sparks anywhere. There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning…. And that, I think, was the handle-that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn’t need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting-on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave….So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark-that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back.

#1025 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Deplorable Lives Matter

• Members
  • 24,375 posts
  • Interests:Cigars, Flying, Golf, Bible
  • Favorite Poker Game:Golf

Posted 28 September 2010 - 09:56 AM

I heard a very good sermon where the guy teaching the study clearly showed that:A. God is not a Republican&B. Thank the Lord he is also not a Democrat
I use my cigar smoke as idiot repellent

The government was set to protect man from criminals - and the Constitution was written to protect man from the government. - Ayn Rand

#1026 SlapStick

SlapStick

I'll be glad to see you later

• Members
  • 3,698 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Live

Posted 18 October 2010 - 04:03 AM

I haven't heard anything about this in a while?Updates?
Luck123: Hi everyone :)
Ziigmund: f u luck

My favourite thread in the whole wide world
http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...howtopic=126798

#1027 LongLiveYorke

LongLiveYorke

Ending the world one proton at a time

• Members
  • 8,356 posts
  • Interests:fizziks, teh maths, Raid-o-head, Rod Reynolds

Posted 18 October 2010 - 06:06 AM

View PostSlapStick, on Monday, October 18th, 2010, 8:03 AM, said:

I haven't heard anything about this in a while?Updates?
They built the Mosque, and it turned to be the last piece in a puzzle that led to the resurrection of Muhammad. The Prophet rose from the grave and danced across Ground Zero as all Muslims across America, who secretly knew about this in advance, celebrated by blowing up schools in suicide bombings.Surprised you didn't hear about that.

#1028 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Deplorable Lives Matter

• Members
  • 24,375 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 07:33 AM

View PostLongLiveYorke, on Monday, October 18th, 2010, 7:06 AM, said:

They built the Mosque, and it turned to be the last piece in a puzzle that led to the resurrection of Muhammad. The Prophet rose from the grave and danced across Ground Zero as all Muslims across America, who secretly knew about this in advance, celebrated by blowing up schools in suicide bombings.Surprised you didn't hear about that.
Liberal media blackout until they can find the way to clear Obama and blame this on Bush O'Donnell Tea Party?

The government was set to protect man from criminals - and the Constitution was written to protect man from the government. - Ayn Rand

#1029 strategy

strategy

Internet expert

• Members
  • 15,932 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:strategy

Posted 13 November 2010 - 04:18 AM

it's a ghost town in here :club:http://www.google.co...:2008,tluh:2010
QUOTE (ShakeZuma @ Wednesday, November 2nd, 2011, 4:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
seriously though, with that grammar it's really like, I mean it doesn't bother me as much that she gets beat, you know?

#1030 brvheart

brvheart

I'm the best.

• Members
  • 25,272 posts
  • Interests:Playing in nuclear fallout.
  • Favorite Poker Game:I play 100/200 live with my best friend Jason.

Posted 22 November 2010 - 11:20 AM

Builders apply for $5 million grant from 9/11 fund

View PostiZuma, on 20 August 2012 - 11:32 AM, said:

napa I was jesus christing suited, you guys just slipped in before me.

View PostEssay21, on 25 February 2013 - 08:32 PM, said:

#1031 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,896 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:5/10 NLHE (100 max buy in)

Posted 22 November 2010 - 11:39 AM

View Postbrvheart, on Monday, November 22nd, 2010, 2:20 PM, said:

Nothing says we embrace America and its values like asking for a handout, right?
"Give a little bit.....give a little bit of your chips to me...."

#1032 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Deplorable Lives Matter

• Members
  • 24,375 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 11:46 AM

View PostCaneBrain, on Monday, November 22nd, 2010, 11:39 AM, said:

Nothing says we embrace America and its values like asking for a handout, right?
Again, been said a lot, but needs to be said again.The fact that these guys are this inept at the PR thing shows that either they are innocent babes in the woods ( Not likely from the cleric's credentials.Or they so do not give a flying care about anything any westerner thinks that they are immune to hearing the criticism.I am thinking the latter is the most likely scenario

#1033 Pot Odds RAC

Pot Odds RAC

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 7,172 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Live NL TxHE

Posted 22 November 2010 - 11:51 AM

View PostBalloon guy, on Monday, November 22nd, 2010, 2:46 PM, said:

Again, been said a lot, but needs to be said again.The fact that these guys are this inept at the PR thing shows that either they are innocent babes in the woods ( Not likely from the cleric's credentials.Or they so do not give a flying care about anything any westerner thinks that they are immune to hearing the criticism.I am thinking the latter is the most likely scenario
Option 3: They are trying to be provocative and looking for conflict.

#1034 strategy

strategy

Internet expert

• Members
  • 15,932 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:strategy

Posted 22 November 2010 - 12:03 PM

joke's on them. we only cared so long as it took attention away from the opposition to the 9/11 first responders legislation.
QUOTE (ShakeZuma @ Wednesday, November 2nd, 2011, 4:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
seriously though, with that grammar it's really like, I mean it doesn't bother me as much that she gets beat, you know?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users