437 replies to this topic

#421 Jadaki

Jadaki

IIOY?

• Members
  • 22,247 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 08:05 AM

View PostCaneBrain, on Friday, August 20th, 2010, 8:11 AM, said:

Honestly, that looks like a horrible line-up to me. Who is going to create?JJJ, I would give you 1.5-1.
They should still be a good defensive team for the most part, and there are still a lot of weak teams who just from the effort on that end they will stay in games with. If hickson develops and williams and jameson stay healthy I think they can with 35-38 games.

#422 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,889 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:5/10 NLHE (100 max buy in)

Posted 20 August 2010 - 08:15 AM

View PostJadaki, on Friday, August 20th, 2010, 12:05 PM, said:

They should still be a good defensive team for the most part, and there are still a lot of weak teams who just from the effort on that end they will stay in games with. If hickson develops and williams and jameson stay healthy I think they can with 35-38 games.
I hope this is the first couple lines of their letter to season ticket holders.I think they have tons of trouble scoring and no guarantee they are as good defensively with Mike Brown gone....
"Give a little bit.....give a little bit of your chips to me...."

#423 Jadaki

Jadaki

IIOY?

• Members
  • 22,247 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 08:32 AM

View PostCaneBrain, on Friday, August 20th, 2010, 11:15 AM, said:

I hope this is the first couple lines of their letter to season ticket holders.I think they have tons of trouble scoring and no guarantee they are as good defensively with Mike Brown gone....
You might be right about Brown being gone, but Jameson and Williams can both score when they get volumes of shots which they will now. I presume that they will be running a completely different offense which will probably focus on ball movement and getting everyone open shots and a lot less 1v1 and isolation plays.

#424 JoeyJoJo

JoeyJoJo

On the road to 8,143 (approximately)

• Members
  • 8,140 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 09:06 AM

Let's do this like the hockey forum. 5 Predictions:1. Heat win > 65 but < 72 games.2. Kings make the playoffs and Cousins wins ROY.3. Lebron wins 3rd consecutive MVP while Bosh only averages about 15 ppg.4. Carmelo Anthony will both sign an extension and be traded in season.5. Bill Simmons will make a bitter remark in every single column that mentions Kobe Bryant, 2009 Finals MVP.
Homer: Moe, I need your advice.
Moe: Yeah?
Homer: See, I got this friend named... Joey Jo Jo... Junior... Shabadoo.
Moe: That's the worst name I ever heard.

#425 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,889 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 09:10 AM

View PostJoeyJoJo, on Friday, August 20th, 2010, 1:06 PM, said:

Let's do this like the hockey forum. 5 Predictions:1. Heat win > 65 but < 72 games.2. Kings make the playoffs and Cousins wins ROY.3. Lebron wins 3rd consecutive MVP while Bosh only averages about 15 ppg.4. Carmelo Anthony will be both sign an extension and be traded in season.5. Bill Simmons will make a bitter remark in every single column that mentions Kobe Bryant, 2009 Finals MVP.
5 predictions:1. The Shaq experiment is a complete disaster in Boston---until the playoffs where he helps Boston beat Orlando and give Miami a rough series.2. OKC wins their division.3. The Lakers do not win 60 games as they coast through the reg season.4. The Heat do not win more then 64 games.5. The Bulls prove to be vastly overrated.

#426 JoeyJoJo

JoeyJoJo

• Members
  • 8,140 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 09:21 AM

View PostCaneBrain, on Friday, August 20th, 2010, 10:10 AM, said:

3. The Lakers do not win 60 games as they coast through the reg season.5. The Bulls prove to be vastly overrated.
Totally agree on #3. I considered a prediction that Kobe would miss about 20 games this season, but be fresh in the playoffs, but he just never wants to miss any time at all.I think the Bulls are like the Thunder in that they will be very good, but I'm not sure that this is the year it happens.

#427 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,889 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 09:30 AM

View PostJoeyJoJo, on Friday, August 20th, 2010, 1:21 PM, said:

Totally agree on #3. I considered a prediction that Kobe would miss about 20 games this season, but be fresh in the playoffs, but he just never wants to miss any time at all.I think the Bulls are like the Thunder in that they will be very good, but I'm not sure that this is the year it happens.
I think the biggest difference for me with the Bulls and the Thunder is I like Kevin Durant a lot more than I like Derrick Rose. Until Rose starts hitting 3s, I don't love him as much as everyone else does.

#428 JoeyJoJo

JoeyJoJo

• Members
  • 8,140 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 09:54 AM

View PostCaneBrain, on Friday, August 20th, 2010, 10:30 AM, said:

I think the biggest difference for me with the Bulls and the Thunder is I like Kevin Durant a lot more than I like Derrick Rose. Until Rose starts hitting 3s, I don't love him as much as everyone else does.
I love Durant and I would love to see that team make the leap.Somewhere in this forum, possibly even this thread, are some posts about how Rose has revamped his jump shot and has a consistent 3-pointer now. Believe it when I see it and all that, but if it's true, can definitely take a huge step forward.Bonus prediction: Blazers win their division and finish as the #2 seed in the West.

#429 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,889 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 11:18 AM

View PostJoeyJoJo, on Friday, August 20th, 2010, 1:54 PM, said:

I love Durant and I would love to see that team make the leap.Somewhere in this forum, possibly even this thread, are some posts about how Rose has revamped his jump shot and has a consistent 3-pointer now. Believe it when I see it and all that, but if it's true, can definitely take a huge step forward.Bonus prediction: Blazers win their division and finish as the #2 seed in the West.
I remember that post about Rose and I think my reaction was the same as yours: I will believe it when I see it.

#430 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

wink

• Members
  • 19,995 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 11:25 AM

Blake Griffin, ROTY.

#431 JoeyJoJo

JoeyJoJo

• Members
  • 8,140 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 11:30 AM

Crap, I keep forgetting about him.

#432 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,889 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 11:33 AM

View PostJoeyJoJo, on Friday, August 20th, 2010, 3:30 PM, said:

Crap, I keep forgetting about him.
He's still a Clipper, right? The clock on his other knee is ticking....

#433 fleung22

fleung22

PokerStars Global Events Rep (PokerStars Macau)

• Members
  • 7,006 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 03:43 AM

View PostCaneBrain, on Friday, August 20th, 2010, 9:11 PM, said:

Honestly, that looks like a horrible line-up to me. Who is going to create?JJJ, I would give you 1.5-1.
Mo can get about 18 ppg and Jamison is low 20s. Not horrible. Not worse than Wiz any how...oh wait....But I'd be game for 29.5 wins @ 1.5-1. I'll take Cavs to win over 29.5 games at USD $100 to win $150.Reply to confirm!

#434 fleung22

fleung22

PokerStars Global Events Rep (PokerStars Macau)

• Members
  • 7,006 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 03:57 AM

View PostCaneBrain, on Saturday, August 21st, 2010, 1:10 AM, said:

5 predictions:1. The Shaq experiment is a complete disaster in Boston---until the playoffs where he helps Boston beat Orlando and give Miami a rough series.2. OKC wins their division.3. The Lakers do not win 60 games as they coast through the reg season.4. The Heat do not win more then 64 games.5. The Bulls prove to be vastly overrated.
1. I actually think the Shaq thing will work out. I mean, if he doesn't cause a problem and gets 12 and 5 isn't that pretty much success?2. I'm going to say but mostly just to be different. Still think a healthy Portland can do sick stuff and Utah/Denver will be right up there. 3. I'll take the over on 60 games. They're just too good and the new additions have been excellent.4. They might not in the future years but I think Year 1 is the statement year. Barring injury to the Big 3 they'll get more than 645. Totally agree

#435 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,889 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 06:14 AM

View Postfleung22, on Saturday, August 21st, 2010, 7:43 AM, said:

Mo can get about 18 ppg and Jamison is low 20s. Not horrible. Not worse than Wiz any how...oh wait....But I'd be game for 29.5 wins @ 1.5-1. I'll take Cavs to win over 29.5 games at USD $100 to win $150.Reply to confirm!
Nah, I looked at the rest of the East and 33-49 is perfectly likely. I like the Cavs/Thunder bet more. Sorry.I think you might be right about the Heat too. If Lebron does not come out playing all pissed off, he maybe does not have that gear in him.

#436 bigkg

bigkg

Douchebag

• Members
  • 5,070 posts
  • Interests:IU basketball

Posted 21 August 2010 - 11:10 AM

In what way are the Bulls overrated? I've only heard people predicting them to win 48-52 games and finish 4th or 5th in the East which I think is totally reasonable.

#437 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

wink

• Members
  • 19,995 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 03:51 PM

View PostSuitedAces21, on Friday, August 20th, 2010, 1:25 PM, said:

Blake Griffin, ROTY.
for once in my life, i was right.

#438 Suited_Up

Suited_Up

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 25,723 posts
  • Interests:Poker and Sports

Posted 21 February 2011 - 11:22 AM

View Postbigkg, on Saturday, August 21st, 2010, 1:10 PM, said:

In what way are the Bulls overrated? I've only heard people predicting them to win 48-52 games and finish 4th or 5th in the East which I think is totally reasonable.
Underrated imo. :club:
-Kurt

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users