Kj Flopped It...

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Biff Goods

Biff Goods

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 649 posts
  • Interests:Legs, Ass, Boobs....I guess a good face....oh....interests in "life."
  • Favorite Poker Game:Cardsies Chipsies....

Posted 16 May 2010 - 09:15 PM

Is this standard? Is there any way to get anymore value on the later streets? PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (8 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.comPreflop: Hero is UTG+1 with J[:spade:], K[:diamond:]. 1 fold, Hero calls, 2 folds, CO raises, Button calls, 1 fold, BB calls, Hero calls.Flop: (8.50 SB) T[:heart:], Q[:heart:], A[:club:] (4 players)BB checks, Hero checks, CO bets, Button calls, BB calls, Hero raises, CO 3-bets, Button calls, BB calls, Hero caps, CO calls, Button calls, BB calls.Turn: (12.25 BB) 7[:diamond:] (4 players)BB checks, Hero bets, CO calls, Button folds, BB folds.River: (14.25 BB) 4[:spade:] (2 players)Hero bets, CO calls.Final Pot: 16.25 BB
QUOTE (Ninja Ace @ Wednesday, August 25th, 2010, 3:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The only way to deal with a bully is to punch him in the nose

My thanks to Ninja Ace for constantly suppling me with new Sigs.

#2 Novice26

Novice26

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:NL

Posted 16 May 2010 - 09:53 PM

looks pretty good, hard to know w/o knowing how the others play, but it looks like good value

#3 Danege

Danege

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 03:10 AM

Preflop is terrible. Fold pf. KJo sucks UTG+1 in FR. What are your reasons for open limping KJo here?Postflop; the only way you're going to get more value out of that hand is if someone raises you somewhere. When you make nut hands in limit holdem in big multiway pots keep pressing the bet and or raise button and don't try to be fancy.

#4 rrumsey

rrumsey

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,881 posts
  • Interests:I like to think about and play poker. Enough said. I read a lot of forums and am now trying to write in them.
  • Favorite Poker Game:O8, PLO, LHE, NLHE

Posted 17 May 2010 - 05:24 AM

View PostDanege, on Monday, May 17th, 2010, 4:10 AM, said:

Preflop is terrible. Fold pf. KJo sucks UTG+1 in FR. What are your reasons for open limping KJo here?Postflop; the only way you're going to get more value out of that hand is if someone raises you somewhere. When you make nut hands in limit holdem in big multiway pots keep pressing the bet and or raise button and don't try to be fancy.
AGREED, except the flop play was totally standard imo
Escalante in the small stakes grinder podcast in respect to my FPS " Bet your damn hands!!!" hahaha

Download Spartan's podcast, Small Stakes Grinder! the link for iTunes is: (http://itunes.apple....der/id354114893)
Check out updates to the podcast in the "Members Blog" section of the forum (of pokerroad)...or else. Check it out guys it is a great podcast. Next Episode (Topic: Interview with Barry Greenstein Part 2): 04/19/10

#5 Danege

Danege

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 02:24 AM

View Postrrumsey, on Monday, May 17th, 2010, 11:24 PM, said:

AGREED, except the flop play was totally standard imo
I think flop play is fine. That wasn't what I was saying. I wasn't saying to donk, just more a general concept.

#6 rrumsey

rrumsey

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,881 posts
  • Interests:I like to think about and play poker. Enough said. I read a lot of forums and am now trying to write in them.
  • Favorite Poker Game:O8, PLO, LHE, NLHE

Posted 18 May 2010 - 07:06 PM

View PostDanege, on Tuesday, May 18th, 2010, 2:24 AM, said:

I think flop play is fine. That wasn't what I was saying. I wasn't saying to donk, just more a general concept.
hey do you post on pokerroad and have a tom dwan sigg? isnt it " i hate folding, you cant win if you fold" or something like that?
Escalante in the small stakes grinder podcast in respect to my FPS " Bet your damn hands!!!" hahaha

Download Spartan's podcast, Small Stakes Grinder! the link for iTunes is: (http://itunes.apple....der/id354114893)
Check out updates to the podcast in the "Members Blog" section of the forum (of pokerroad)...or else. Check it out guys it is a great podcast. Next Episode (Topic: Interview with Barry Greenstein Part 2): 04/19/10

#7 Danege

Danege

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 01:11 AM

Nope. I only post on here and 4bb.

#8 daveharvey

daveharvey

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 06:23 AM

maybe check raise the turnapart from that you can't do much more

#9 quadaces

quadaces

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,945 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 03:47 PM

View PostDanege, on Monday, May 17th, 2010, 4:10 AM, said:

View Postdaveharvey, on Thursday, June 3rd, 2010, 7:23 AM, said:

maybe check raise the turnapart from that you can't do much more
Yup. Fold pf. after that flop play is goodCant check the turn. after putting in raises on the flop he is going to check behind most of the time. Always bet the turn.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users