#41 hblask

hblask

Perpetual slow learner

• Members
  • 9,860 posts
  • Interests:Just deal the cards already

Posted 25 April 2010 - 02:32 PM

View Poststrategy, on Sunday, April 25th, 2010, 12:05 PM, said:

hblask for president.I'm serious. let's do this.
Step 1. Raise 200 million dollars.Step 2. Get elected.
"Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?" -- J. Coulton

#42 hblask

hblask

Perpetual slow learner

• Members
  • 9,860 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 02:33 PM

View PostSouthern Buddhist, on Sunday, April 25th, 2010, 12:50 PM, said:

I'm in if he'll let me be the Secretary of Health and Human Services and Other Mushy Liberal Crap.Gotta throw in here that those allegedly non-racist freedom-loving Republicans are the same ones who demand that Obama carry his original birth certificate at all times, because they can't quite wrap their minds around the idea that a non-white person could possibly be a "real American."
Yeah, I can live with this. Social programs such as food stamps and stuff is absolutely last on the list of things that need to be dealt with; any competent person could keep the program running and maybe improve it a bit.
"Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?" -- J. Coulton

#43 hblask

hblask

Perpetual slow learner

• Members
  • 9,860 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 02:42 PM

View PostPot Odds RAC, on Sunday, April 25th, 2010, 1:18 PM, said:

Step 1 - Really? Change the laws because too many people are breaking them? Really?
No, we need to change the drug laws because prohibition is ridiculous. It was a failure with alcohol and it's a failure with other drugs. Legalizing drugs doesn't eliminate the problems of drug use (real world experiments show a slight decline in use), it keeps the drug *use* problem about the same. What it eliminates is the problems associated with prohibition: violence, abuse, police corruption, and civil rights violations.

Step 2 - Supply and Demand? The "Supply" in this case is "America", and the demand is from people wanting to tap into that Supply illegally.
No, the "demand" is individual Americans making the choice to create businesses that create jobs and require employers, and the supply is workers willing to take those jobs that Americans are too fat and lazy or greedy to take. Conservatives are supposed to understand this. I'm not sure why their understanding of economics breaks down when applied to people who look and talk differently.

Step 3 - Gaining US Citizenship isn't supposed to be "Easy", and I don't think there should be some streamlined fast track process to get there. Just because someone wants to come here to work doesn't mean we have some sort of imperative to make that easy or else they HAVE to become criminals. They CHOOSE to become criminals. Again, have you ever tried to go to another country to work? I'm not talking about "third world countries" here. Try the UK or Canada. I can personally attest that it is very difficult to legally enter those countries to work even for a short period of time.
We are a country built on the dignity of individuals, on basic human rights, not on some notion of collectivist views of the "common good" (hmmm, where is that phrase from....). Consigning entire countries full of people to poverty because unions know they can't compete with hard workers is immoral. If you had the choice between feeding your child and breaking an immoral and stupid law, which would you choose? And you judge them for that?And no, I don't care what ANY other country is doing. We are supposed to be the model of freedom and liberty. There's a reason we were world leaders for a century, and there is a reason we are slipping now. Freedom works.

#44 hblask

hblask

Perpetual slow learner

• Members
  • 9,860 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 02:43 PM

View PostPot Odds RAC, on Sunday, April 25th, 2010, 1:32 PM, said:

In Vietnam there is a depressingly large problem in Human Trafficking - including unspeakable abuse of children. But hey, it is all "Supply and Demand" so it is all cool. Americans and other sex tourists going there illegally shouldn't be criminalized.
That's an excellent comparison for people who don't know the difference between voluntary consensual behavior and forcible slavery of children.For the other 99.9% of the population, you are not really helping your case.

#45 ahosang

ahosang

Trolling FCP like everyone else...

• Members
  • 1,282 posts
  • Interests:Trolling
  • Favorite Poker Game:Trolling

Posted 25 April 2010 - 02:47 PM

View Posthblask, on Sunday, April 25th, 2010, 11:32 PM, said:

What's your elocution like, and how photogenic are you??Cos I got Step 1 covered baby..
FCP is a trollfest. If ya can't beat 'em, join 'em!!!!

#46 hblask

hblask

Perpetual slow learner

• Members
  • 9,860 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 02:49 PM

View Postantistuff, on Sunday, April 25th, 2010, 3:05 PM, said:

i've been told by cops in new york if you don't have id on you they can take you with them until they can verify who you are. wither this is true or its was just cops being cops i have no idea.
I think it varies from state to state, and the SCOTUS has given mixed signals, so nobody is quite sure. I believe the Washington state constitution specifically states that you do not need to carry an ID. There was a case lately where a woman got arrested only for that, so it caused quite a stir.

#47 hblask

hblask

Perpetual slow learner

• Members
  • 9,860 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 02:51 PM

View Postahosang, on Sunday, April 25th, 2010, 4:47 PM, said:

What's your elocution like, and how photogenic are you??Cos I got Step 1 covered baby..
I could probably get by on the former, I might need a little extra for plastic surgery on the latter.

#48 dapokerbum

dapokerbum

The American Dream?

• Members
  • 2,350 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:NLHE for now

Posted 26 April 2010 - 08:55 AM

View Posthblask, on Sunday, April 25th, 2010, 3:32 PM, said:

Ask Goldman Sachs ... I hear they love giving money to politicians.Also, on this issue. I for one back it ... not because I believe in the law, but because I believe it may get washington to finally get off it's ass on this and get some real immigration reform. If this is the doorway to that, then I am all for it. The fact is we DO need immigration reform. As misguided as this may seem, if it passes the legal test AND the federal government does NOTHING then I could see other border states passing similar bills. Immigration is a real issue and it isn't going to go away if we keep ignoring it.EDIT: So I just saw a story on some of the protests and one person was holding a sign that says "We Have Rights". If you are working here illegally or in the country illegally what rights exactly aren't they privy to anymore. Do they have a "right" to work here?
There was madness in any direction, at any hour…You could strike sparks anywhere. There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning…. And that, I think, was the handle-that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn’t need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting-on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave….So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark-that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back.

#49 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Deplorable Lives Matter

• Members
  • 24,409 posts
  • Interests:Cigars, Flying, Golf, Bible
  • Favorite Poker Game:Golf

Posted 26 April 2010 - 02:13 PM

They randomly pull people over in Vermont to check for ID because some of the 9-11 terrorist came through Canada ( Makes you think....Canada...hmmmm.....)So far the American's in Vermont have decided carrying their driver's license around isn't the first step to the concentration camps of one of the previous democrat presidential administrations...
I use my cigar smoke as idiot repellent

Most bad government has come out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

#50 hblask

hblask

Perpetual slow learner

• Members
  • 9,860 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 02:28 PM

View PostBalloon guy, on Monday, April 26th, 2010, 4:13 PM, said:

They randomly pull people over in Vermont to check for ID because some of the 9-11 terrorist came through Canada ( Makes you think....Canada...hmmmm.....)So far the American's in Vermont have decided carrying their driver's license around isn't the first step to the concentration camps of one of the previous democrat presidential administrations...
Bad policy in some states is hardly justification for bad policy in other states. Freedom and individual rights are still the gold standard of governance.

#51 Ninjafoo

Ninjafoo

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 282 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:uhh poker

Posted 26 April 2010 - 02:40 PM

View Posthblask, on Monday, April 26th, 2010, 3:28 PM, said:

Bad policy in some states is hardly justification for bad policy in other states. Freedom and individual rights are still the gold standard of governance.
So how exactly does showing some id take away your freedom and your rights?

#52 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Deplorable Lives Matter

• Members
  • 24,409 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 02:44 PM

View PostNinjafoo, on Monday, April 26th, 2010, 3:40 PM, said:

Because it is the government's way of causing you to....carry a wallet?Yea, I got nothing.

#53 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 26,982 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 03:38 PM

View PostBalloon guy, on Monday, April 26th, 2010, 6:13 PM, said:

That is an urban myth.None of the 9/11 Terrorists entered the US through Canada.
Bob

info@fullcontactpoker.com

#54 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Deplorable Lives Matter

• Members
  • 24,409 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 03:48 PM

View PostFCP Bob, on Monday, April 26th, 2010, 4:38 PM, said:

That is an urban myth.None of the 9/11 Terrorists entered the US through Canada.
So you are saying that they were actually Canadians in the first place?

#55 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 26,982 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 03:57 PM

View PostBalloon guy, on Monday, April 26th, 2010, 7:48 PM, said:

So you are saying that they were actually Canadians in the first place?
Yup, it's why this guy keeps getting pulled over for extra screening at the border now.Posted Image
Bob

info@fullcontactpoker.com

#56 hblask

hblask

Perpetual slow learner

• Members
  • 9,860 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 04:31 PM

View PostNinjafoo, on Monday, April 26th, 2010, 4:40 PM, said:

Because it opens the door for selective enforcement and abuse of power. And if I'm going across the street to the gym, it's a pain to have to carry an ID. And because the government doesn't own me, and I've got nothing to prove to them. They work for me, and I am innocent until proven guilty. So, no, my employees do not get to make random, intrusive demands.Is that enough, or should I keep going? I could fill a book with a list of violations of human rights that are done against innocent people in the name of the common good.

#57 hblask

hblask

Perpetual slow learner

• Members
  • 9,860 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 05:11 PM

There won't be any racial profiling. We promise. Trust us. Seriously.PHOENIX – A Valley man says he was pulled over Wednesday morning and questioned when he arrived at a weigh station for his commercial vehicle along Val Vista and the 202 freeway. Abdon, who did not want to use his last name, says he provided several key pieces of information but what he provided apparently was not what was needed. He tells 3TV, “I don’t think it’s correct, if I have to take my birth certificate with me all the time.” 3TV caught up with Abdon after he was released from the Immigration and Customs Enforcement office in central Phoenix. He and his wife, Jackie, are still upset about what happened to him. Jackie tells 3TV, “It’s still something awful to be targeted. I can’t even imagine what he felt, people watching like he was some type of criminal.” Abdon was told he did not have enough paperwork on him when he pulled into a weigh station to have his commercial truck checked. He provided his commercial driver’s license and a social security number but ended up handcuffed. An agent called his wife and she had to leave work to drive home and grab other documents like his birth certificate. Jackie explains, “I have his social security card as well and mine. He’s legit. It’s the first time it’s ever happened.” Both were born in the United States and say they are now both infuriated that keeping important documents safely at home is no longer an option.

#58 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,896 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:5/10 NLHE (100 max buy in)

Posted 26 April 2010 - 05:24 PM

It's like the GOP is not even remotely interested in contesting the Latino vote.This was inevitable but I do cringe at the media so obviously staking out the ICE in Arizona waiting on pins and needles for this to happen. Just another way for the government to hassle you.....small government iz hard.
"Give a little bit.....give a little bit of your chips to me...."

#59 gobears

gobears

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 6,096 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 05:51 PM

View Posthblask, on Monday, April 26th, 2010, 6:11 PM, said:

There won't be any racial profiling. We promise. Trust us. Seriously.PHOENIX – A Valley man says he was pulled over Wednesday morning and questioned when he arrived at a weigh station for his commercial vehicle along Val Vista and the 202 freeway. Abdon, who did not want to use his last name, says he provided several key pieces of information but what he provided apparently was not what was needed. He tells 3TV, “I don’t think it’s correct, if I have to take my birth certificate with me all the time.” 3TV caught up with Abdon after he was released from the Immigration and Customs Enforcement office in central Phoenix. He and his wife, Jackie, are still upset about what happened to him. Jackie tells 3TV, “It’s still something awful to be targeted. I can’t even imagine what he felt, people watching like he was some type of criminal.” Abdon was told he did not have enough paperwork on him when he pulled into a weigh station to have his commercial truck checked. He provided his commercial driver’s license and a social security number but ended up handcuffed. An agent called his wife and she had to leave work to drive home and grab other documents like his birth certificate. Jackie explains, “I have his social security card as well and mine. He’s legit. It’s the first time it’s ever happened.” Both were born in the United States and say they are now both infuriated that keeping important documents safely at home is no longer an option.
Seriously? Wow, what a joke! And what was the reason for pulling him over in the first place?
Work to live, don't live to work - Todd Harrison

#60 hblask

hblask

Perpetual slow learner

• Members
  • 9,860 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 06:12 PM

View Postgobears, on Monday, April 26th, 2010, 7:51 PM, said:

Seriously? Wow, what a joke! And what was the reason for pulling him over in the first place?
Hi, I'm from Republicans To Re-Elect Obama. Do you have a problem with our program?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users