1942 replies to this topic

#21 ajs510

ajs510

Resident Evil

• Members
  • 24,991 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 06:18 AM

View PostDubey, on Thursday, April 22nd, 2010, 10:14 AM, said:

I'll be there May Long 20th-24th.Staying in MGM skyloft, courtesy of my bro.
Who does he think he is, some kind of superstar athlete?

#22 serge

serge

Leafs nation Grand Poobah

• Members
  • 48,785 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 06:22 AM

View Postajs510, on Thursday, April 22nd, 2010, 7:18 AM, said:

Who does he think he is, some kind of superstar athlete?
lol..He will be one day.
Owner of the Mustangs, 2014-2015 AHL Eastern Division Champs

Lets make America Great Again. Trump 2016

#23 SBriand

SBriand

Viva La Beaver!

• Members
  • 15,097 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 06:49 AM

I think we need Dubey to hook us up for next years FCBL draft. lol
QUOTE (digitalmonkey @ Wednesday, August 18th, 2010, 1:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Steve,

It doesn't matter who you start because you have a horse shoe up your ass so far I'm not really sure how you get through the day. You must be gay.

#24 MapleLeafpoker

MapleLeafpoker

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 17,894 posts
  • Interests:Poker, Hockey, Hockey pools

Posted 22 April 2010 - 08:59 AM

Ok, dumb question, but please recall Im here for the FC and not the P. Im a poker novice, and never really read any other forums but hockey.Are there any online satellites for the smaller events at the WSOP? Obv lots of ways to get into main event, but do any of the sites offer sats into the smaller buy in stuff?for example:Tue Jun 8- $5k NLWed Jun 9- $2k LFri Jun 11- $2.5k 6handed LId like to play in these tourneys, but only representing dead money. So, I dont mind spending $100? to win something to get in, but I can't justify that kind of buyin, when I could be spending that money on other Vegas entertainment. Any thoughts?Are there satellites for these kind of tourneys at Rio/WSOP?I had heard there was, but never noticed any while I was there, usually just played the cash games or late night small tourneys.Thanks in advance.

#25 Dubey

Dubey

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 10,923 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 09:10 AM

I'm not aware of any online qualifiers for smaller events.However, the RIO has a giant room dedicated to satellites. How it works is you buy into a 10-person sit and go. they have a number of buyins, from as low as $60ish dollars. The winner of the sit and go gets a tournament chip for the value of the prize pool - rake. they can use that chip to buy into any wsop event.Last year, I played a $125 sat, won, and got a 1k tourney chip + I think $150 in cash. They also do main event super satellite for $250ish.

#26 Zach6668

Zach6668

FCHL Champion.

• Moderators
  • 48,110 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 09:43 AM

View PostMapleLeafpoker, on Thursday, April 22nd, 2010, 12:59 PM, said:

Ok, dumb question, but please recall Im here for the FC and not the P. Im a poker novice, and never really read any other forums but hockey.Are there any online satellites for the smaller events at the WSOP? Obv lots of ways to get into main event, but do any of the sites offer sats into the smaller buy in stuff?for example:Tue Jun 8- $5k NLWed Jun 9- $2k LFri Jun 11- $2.5k 6handed LId like to play in these tourneys, but only representing dead money. So, I dont mind spending $100? to win something to get in, but I can't justify that kind of buyin, when I could be spending that money on other Vegas entertainment. Any thoughts?Are there satellites for these kind of tourneys at Rio/WSOP?I had heard there was, but never noticed any while I was there, usually just played the cash games or late night small tourneys.Thanks in advance.
FTP has satellites, I'm pretty sure, that award $2k packages, $500 in spending and $1500 in tourney chips. They did last year and the year before I'm pretty sure.Rio has tons of satellites to all events.
QUOTE (serge @ Tuesday, May 12th, 2009, 7:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LETS GO PITTSBURGH
QUOTE (Acid_Knight @ Monday, March 10th, 2008, 4:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Zach is right about pretty much everything.

#27 ajs510

ajs510

Resident Evil

• Members
  • 24,991 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 10:36 AM

View PostZach6668, on Thursday, April 22nd, 2010, 1:43 PM, said:

FTP has satellites, I'm pretty sure, that award $2k packages, $500 in spending and $1500 in tourney chips. They did last year and the year before I'm pretty sure.Rio has tons of satellites to all events.
If you win an ME satellite at the Rio, you just get lammers anyway right? They can be used for buyin to anything if I'm not mistaken.

#28 Zach6668

Zach6668

FCHL Champion.

• Moderators
  • 48,110 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 10:41 AM

View Postajs510, on Thursday, April 22nd, 2010, 2:36 PM, said:

If you win an ME satellite at the Rio, you just get lammers anyway right? They can be used for buyin to anything if I'm not mistaken.
I'm pretty sure that's the case. I've never played one, myself, though.
LETS GO PITTSBURGH

#29 ajs510

ajs510

Resident Evil

• Members
  • 24,991 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 10:50 AM

View PostZach6668, on Thursday, April 22nd, 2010, 2:41 PM, said:

I'm pretty sure that's the case. I've never played one, myself, though.
Obv brag postaments.

#30 Zach6668

Zach6668

FCHL Champion.

• Moderators
  • 48,110 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 10:51 AM

View Postajs510, on Thursday, April 22nd, 2010, 2:50 PM, said:

Obv brag postaments.
Not quite. I'm only played 3 events, and one I got into with an FCP satellite, the others were partially staked.
LETS GO PITTSBURGH

#31 serge

serge

• Members
  • 48,785 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 08:36 AM

View PostMapleLeafpoker, on Thursday, April 22nd, 2010, 9:59 AM, said:

I think Ray would be the best guy to talk to..Think he has played the most events here, from the hockey guys anyways...Other than that Pokerstars guy that I see on my tv, and my son says "thats the guy that came to our house"

#32 Speed Limit

Speed Limit

Broseph Ballin'

• Members
  • 3,295 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:PLO

Posted 23 April 2010 - 08:50 AM

View Postserge, on Friday, April 23rd, 2010, 12:36 PM, said:

I think Ray would be the best guy to talk to..Think he has played the most events here, from the hockey guys anyways...Other than that Pokerstars guy that I see on my tv, and my son says "thats the guy that came to our house"
Haha. I saw DN on ESPN last night for some NAPT event, he was sporting some spiffy shades or something.
Limidonks superfan

Pinpoint music

FCBL: Nuclear Scientists (14-18)

#33 MapleLeafpoker

MapleLeafpoker

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 17,894 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 08:54 AM

View Postserge, on Friday, April 23rd, 2010, 12:36 PM, said:

Have you fellow AHL'ers seen the WSOPE on TSN?Im watching that marathon final table/heads up finish vs Shulman, and thinking....I wonder if DN is still tired from drafting for hours, and then talking hockey til 5am at Serge's til we all finally left, which was like a day before that tourney. I was dead at work the next day, and he flew to London for a tourney...sick.Or is he still thinking "man, I really should have drafted Chris Krieder instead of Phillipe Paradis." :club:

#34 Untilted

Untilted

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,571 posts
  • Interests:GOLF, POKER, MUSIC

Posted 23 April 2010 - 09:23 AM

View PostMapleLeafpoker, on Wednesday, April 21st, 2010, 9:09 PM, said:

Im there between 5th-13th. Zach? Ray? John? Shaneekwa?
I believe I am in. Need to finalize plans.
Happy Trails

John ( UntiLTed, Broadway or whatever)

#35 serge

serge

• Members
  • 48,785 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 09:25 AM

View PostMapleLeafpoker, on Friday, April 23rd, 2010, 9:54 AM, said:

Have you fellow AHL'ers seen the WSOPE on TSN?Im watching that marathon final table/heads up finish vs Shulman, and thinking....I wonder if DN is still tired from drafting for hours, and then talking hockey til 5am at Serge's til we all finally left, which was like a day before that tourney. I was dead at work the next day, and he flew to London for a tourney...sick.Or is he still thinking "man, I really should have drafted Chris Krieder instead of Phillipe Paradis." :club:
I did actually think that...

#36 troyomac

troyomac

• Members
  • 11,235 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 09:38 AM

View Postserge, on Friday, April 23rd, 2010, 9:36 AM, said:

View PostZach6668, on Thursday, April 22nd, 2010, 10:43 AM, said:

#37 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

Unenjoyable Annoying Retard

• Members
  • 37,761 posts
  • Interests:sports, music, movies, photography
  • Favorite Poker Game:Hi/Lo Chicago

Posted 23 April 2010 - 12:49 PM

View PostMapleLeafpoker, on Thursday, April 22nd, 2010, 12:38 AM, said:

yeah, I hear ya. I recently scored big in a hockey pool, so I got some "blow it in Vegas" cash, or else I was gonna be low key-ish as well.Im with the same buddy again for work, then some other friends coming down on the 9th for the wknd.You'll have to let me know which night your really gonna be degen, drinking, and especially making the bad decisions.....I like those nights/mornings the best.
Etiquette be damned...how much?
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.

#38 MapleLeafpoker

MapleLeafpoker

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 17,894 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 12:52 PM

View Postdigitalmonkey, on Friday, April 23rd, 2010, 4:49 PM, said:

Etiquette be damned...how much?
$3800.that was 2nd place. Zach's BFF Fleury cost me the first place prize of $7k.

#39 MapleLeafpoker

MapleLeafpoker

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 17,894 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 12:58 PM

anyone going to Vegas this weekend? I highly recommend it for the single guys....BEST convention ever.Hair and Nail Showthis used to go on during my convention. Good times!

#40 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

Unenjoyable Annoying Retard

• Members
  • 37,761 posts
  • Interests:sports, music, movies, photography
  • Favorite Poker Game:Hi/Lo Chicago

Posted 23 April 2010 - 12:59 PM

View PostMapleLeafpoker, on Friday, April 23rd, 2010, 3:52 PM, said:

$3800.that was 2nd place. Zach's BFF Fleury cost me the first place prize of $7k.
Nice...congrats!F Fleury!
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users