1593 replies to this topic

#681 Theraflu

Theraflu

I like beer.

• Members
  • 6,253 posts
  • Interests:Addictions

Posted 11 March 2012 - 08:19 AM

Yu!Cespedes!I'm looking forward to this season a lot.
Marital Aids.

#682 Theraflu

Theraflu

I like beer.

• Members
  • 6,253 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:13 AM

Utley, Carpenter, Salvador Perez, Joaquin Soria, Michael Martinez, Crawford...All missing the start of the season with various new injuries. Exxxcitement
Marital Aids.

#683 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

post bot 3000

• Members
  • 20,899 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:02 AM

the salvador pereze injury makes me very sad indeed. i actually tuned in to watch him catch, he's that good.soria? who cares, should have traded him last year at the deadline for anything they could get. it was obvious his career is trending down.also, to red sox fans: just know that i never really liked you or your team, but now that you've hired bobby valentine i passionately hate you. i hope all the bad things in life happen to the red sox and no one else. he is the worst. my only consolation is he wont be on espn saying ridiculous and stupid things anymore. but i hate him and now i hate you.

View PostDavid_Sklansky, on 27 May 2014 - 06:26 PM, said:

For sure. I can extrapolate from your posts here that you would be an imaginative film maker and dynamic lover.

View PostInternetExplorer, on 26 August 2014 - 03:07 PM, said:

sometimes suited has good zings

#684 DJ Vu

DJ Vu

DJ Vu

• Members
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:57 AM

View PostTheraflu, on Wednesday, March 21st, 2012, 9:13 AM, said:

Utley, Carpenter, Salvador Perez, Joaquin Soria, Michael Martinez, Crawford...All missing the start of the season with various new injuries. Exxxcitement
Joba Chamberlain suffers "open ankle dislocation."What the fuck? Open ankle dislocation? "As we understand, they were at, they have these kids places where you jump on trampolines and stuff like that," Yankees general manager Brian Cashman said Friday.Chamberlain had surgery on Thursday night at St. Joseph's Hospital, and is expected to remain in the hospital for several days for the injury, which resulted in an open flesh wound around the ankle. Manager Joe Girardi was at the hospital early Friday morning.Holy crap.

#685 Theraflu

Theraflu

I like beer.

• Members
  • 6,253 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 11:09 AM

Matt Bush & Bobby Jenks both get charged with DUI's. Bobby said he was on muscle relaxers, and that's why he drove into a car at the strip club. Bush blew blew a .17 and .18. At 5pm.Professional athletes!
Marital Aids.

#686 timwakefield

timwakefield

I haven't got the time time

• Members
  • 14,399 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Boxmaha

Posted 23 March 2012 - 04:29 PM

Wait, Bobby Jenks is still on the Red Sox? Dammit. Not dammit that he got arrested (although that too) but dammit that we're paying him to play AAA, most likely.

According to the police report, Jenks was at a Fort Myers bar called Babe's. He allegedly struck two vehicles in the establishment's parking lot while driving a white Mercedes Benz SUV.
Come on.
Karl: She was a bit -- what's the word that you can use, cuz I don't wanna offend anyone?
Steve: Was she a homeless person?
Karl: Yeah but sort of mental homeless.

#687 DJ Vu

DJ Vu

DJ Vu

• Members
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:57 AM

Spring training baseball!Posted Image

#688 DJ Vu

DJ Vu

DJ Vu

• Members
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:37 AM

Baseball's "season opener" in Tokyo tilts me. ESPN has an opening day counter on their website that shows 7 days left. Why do you open your season in the middle of the night? Every other sport makes opening day an event, MLB hides it. So lame.

#689 akoff

akoff

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,942 posts
  • Interests:Golf, investing, Eagles football, golf, baseball, coaching Little League and golf
  • Favorite Poker Game:PLO

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:42 PM

View PostDJ Vu, on Wednesday, March 28th, 2012, 9:37 AM, said:

Baseball's "season opener" in Tokyo tilts me. ESPN has an opening day counter on their website that shows 7 days left. Why do you open your season in the middle of the night? Every other sport makes opening day an event, MLB hides it. So lame.
Bud Selig...remember the all-star game determines the home team for the WS....he is special.
"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America 's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the US Government cannot pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies. Increasing America 's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that, "the buck stops here.' Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better."
~ Senator Barack H. Obama

#690 brvheart

brvheart

I'm the best.

• Members
  • 22,967 posts
  • Interests:Playing in nuclear fallout.
  • Favorite Poker Game:I play 100/200 live with my best friend Jason.

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:20 AM

Impressive.
CAPITALISM: God's way of determining who is smart and who is poor. - Ron Swanson ---> Video:Ron's Pyramid of Greatness Picture: Poster Size

View PostSuitedAces21, on 20 August 2012 - 11:14 AM, said:

tilt you suck.

View PostEssay21, on 25 February 2013 - 08:32 PM, said:

titly suck a dick bitch

#691 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 20,244 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:25 AM

View Postbrvheart, on Saturday, March 31st, 2012, 1:20 PM, said:

I have to root hard for anybody older than I am who can still play pro ball.
Bob

info@fullcontactpoker.com

#692 DJ Vu

DJ Vu

DJ Vu

• Members
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:17 AM

View PostDJ Vu, on Wednesday, March 28th, 2012, 9:37 AM, said:

Finally, real baseball is here. Marlins and Cardinals on national television tonight. In the meantime, I think I'll watch a little Yankees-Mets online...wait, why are they opening with an interleague game? Oh, so some teams are still playing spring training games while just two teams open the season. I mean, besides the two teams that opened the season a week ago. Hoooly fuck, MLB.

#693 timwakefield

timwakefield

I haven't got the time time

• Members
  • 14,399 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Boxmaha

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:43 PM

View PostDJ Vu, on Wednesday, April 4th, 2012, 2:17 PM, said:

Hoooly fuck, MLB.
I don't know what the deal is. Apparently Oakland and Seattle split a 2 game series in Japan in like mid-March? I didn't even pay attention because whatever, but that's what the standings say (well, they don't say it was in Japan). Wait, and Miami and St. Louis just had a one-game-series because Miami is at Cincinnati tomorrow? Why is the beginning of the season so retarded?Anyway, Stephen Strasburg tomorrow.
Karl: She was a bit -- what's the word that you can use, cuz I don't wanna offend anyone?
Steve: Was she a homeless person?
Karl: Yeah but sort of mental homeless.

#694 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

post bot 3000

• Members
  • 20,899 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:55 PM

i mean bud selig is in charge guys.

View PostDavid_Sklansky, on 27 May 2014 - 06:26 PM, said:

For sure. I can extrapolate from your posts here that you would be an imaginative film maker and dynamic lover.

View PostInternetExplorer, on 26 August 2014 - 03:07 PM, said:

sometimes suited has good zings

#695 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

Forum Entitlist

• Members
  • 23,936 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:17 AM

Man I fing love the new Miami stadium.
Posted Image
"We are only wise in knowing that we know nothing"
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

"I'm a basketball player and a businessman, not a Thundercat,"
-Lebron James

#696 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

Forum Entitlist

• Members
  • 23,936 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:19 AM

Also, if moyer pitches into his 50's, he should go to the hall of fame.
Posted Image
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

-Lebron James

#697 Theraflu

Theraflu

I like beer.

• Members
  • 6,253 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 03:49 AM

View Posttimwakefield, on Wednesday, April 4th, 2012, 11:43 PM, said:

I don't know what the deal is. Apparently Oakland and Seattle split a 2 game series in Japan in like mid-March? I didn't even pay attention because whatever, but that's what the standings say (well, they don't say it was in Japan). Wait, and Miami and St. Louis just had a one-game-series because Miami is at Cincinnati tomorrow? Why is the beginning of the season so retarded?Anyway, Stephen Strasburg tomorrow.
They've rarely had a good idea to open the season. Usually it's a two-game series, but the 1-game is very silly. The world champions playing the newest ballpark, I guess. I don't hate the Japan thing. 3rd or 4th time they've done it. Probably should have picked at least one team that could hit though. Merry Strasmas!

View PostSuitedAces21, on Thursday, April 5th, 2012, 12:55 AM, said:

i mean bud selig is in charge guys.
This is a valid point to just about everything.

View PostBigDMcGee, on Thursday, April 5th, 2012, 4:17 AM, said:

Man I fing love the new Miami stadium.
I do too, except for the abomination in center. That thing is the worst. I don't get it. I love the aquariums, I like the weird lime green everywhere. I like all the bullpen stands. I like that they limited capacity to 37k. I feel nothing but disgust every time a fly ball is hit to center field. I was hoping one of Stanton's bombs would go out (jesus christ the park plays huge) just to see the whirlygig in action, so I could hate it more.

View PostBigDMcGee, on Thursday, April 5th, 2012, 4:19 AM, said:

He's pretty amazing. What isn't amazing is that the Rockies have him starting their 2nd game. He needs 33 more wins to get to 300, and if that happens, that's a pretty damn fun case to put into the Hall.
Marital Aids.

#698 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

Shufflin'

• Members
  • 17,981 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:32 AM

View Posttimwakefield, on Thursday, April 5th, 2012, 12:43 AM, said:

You left out two important insanities:- After playing two "real" games in Japan, Oakland and Seattle came back and played MORE SPRING TRAINING.- Many teams are opening their seasons today, then skipping Friday, and finishing a series Sat/SunThe whole thing is idiotic.i) The Japan series could've just been exhibition games. Everything the same, but don't make them count. Don't tell me that whether they count in the standings would've made any difference.ii) Have an 'opening day' consisting of more than 1 game. I don't even know why they do it that way, it is insane. If you're going to open with one game, it has to be Yankees/Red Sox anywayiii) The "opening game" has to be part of an opening series. Pretending that baseball fans care SO MUCH about the defending champs playing in a new park is so wrong as to be insane. Making such a big deal of it to play the game on a night by itself, and not as part of the team's regular schedule is nuts.iv) Why are teams playing Thursday/Saturday/Sunday? I don't get it. Play Fri/Sat/Sun or some shit. Skipping a day is just weird.

View PostBigDMcGee, on Thursday, April 5th, 2012, 5:19 AM, said:

This is accurate. Same goes for Omar Vizquel, though he probably won't make it another year.
Long signatures are really annoying.

#699 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

Forum Entitlist

• Members
  • 23,936 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:37 AM

View PostTheraflu, on Thursday, April 5th, 2012, 6:49 AM, said:

I do too, except for the abomination in center. That thing is the worst. I don't get it. I love the aquariums, I like the weird lime green everywhere. I like all the bullpen stands. I like that they limited capacity to 37k. I feel nothing but disgust every time a fly ball is hit to center field. I was hoping one of Stanton's bombs would go out (jesus christ the park plays huge) just to see the whirlygig in action, so I could hate it more.
I couldn't possibly disagree with you more. I think it's hilarious and amazing, and I can't believe they put it in. It gives me nothing but joy every time I see it, and I can't understand why people have such visceral hate for it. IT's freaking hilarious.
Posted Image
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

-Lebron James

#700 DJ Vu

DJ Vu

DJ Vu

• Members
  • 2,862 posts