#41 JoeyJoJo

JoeyJoJo

On the road to 8,143 (approximately)

• Members
  • 8,141 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 03:23 PM

View Poststrategy, on Monday, April 12th, 2010, 4:16 PM, said:

still waiting on evidence to the contrary
Her post didn't strike me as someone willing to consider the other side. The idea that one side is trying to get the facts out there for an honest debate while the other side just wants to get lies out there quickly is an absurd position, regardless of which side is which.

View Poststrategy, on Monday, April 12th, 2010, 4:16 PM, said:

I'd actually be happy if FCP went minimalist and just had usernames.
That's basically what I have. I turned avatars off too.
Homer: Moe, I need your advice.
Moe: Yeah?
Homer: See, I got this friend named... Joey Jo Jo... Junior... Shabadoo.
Moe: That's the worst name I ever heard.

#42 Tiltinagain

Tiltinagain

Every village has it's idiot. Welcome to our village.

• Members
  • 6,027 posts
  • Interests:Poker, gun dog training, fishing, upland hunting, not dying from Lymphoma. Not necessarily in that order.
  • Favorite Poker Game:Liquor in the front. Poker in the rear

Posted 12 April 2010 - 03:37 PM

This whole discussion is ridiculous. Like most presidents of both parties do, this is all about the sizzle, not the steak.As Liberals tell it, the treaty will reduce stockpiles by "thousands". As you all have admitted, it also leaves thousands more than is necessaryto destroy the world. So, tell me, what was accomplished other than the Mesiah being able to get on TV and tell us how wonderful he is (while reading a tele-prompter of course) for signing a document that "reduces" nuclear weapons? As Republicans tell it, Obama has harmed American safety by taking away our most potent deterrant to attack from the outside. Again, since there arestill way more than is necessary to blow up the world, what harm was done?This is all just typical politico symbalism over substance.Republican (that hates POLITICS) regards,

View PostJubilantLankyLad, on 23 October 2015 - 04:24 PM, said:

Go to hell, brvy.

View Postfrautotenkinder, on 22 May 2014 - 09:20 PM, said:

I am not comfortable with vaginas and lunch meats being in the same metaphor. Anything besides saying or implying that is an improvement.

speedz99 said:

Fine...when god dies, I'll be ok with people being upset on facebook.

#43 LongLiveYorke

LongLiveYorke

Ending the world one proton at a time

• Members
  • 8,356 posts
  • Interests:fizziks, teh maths, Raid-o-head, Rod Reynolds

Posted 12 April 2010 - 04:09 PM

View PostJoeyJoJo, on Monday, April 12th, 2010, 6:27 PM, said:

Unless you have signatures turned off because of the obnoxiously oversized ones.
The day I turned signatures off was the best day of my life, or at least on these forums.

#44 Southern Buddhist

Southern Buddhist

I take easygoing to the extreme

• Members
  • 1,783 posts
  • Interests:Buddhism, NASCAR, Shakespeare, _Futurama_, and poker. No kidding. Someday I plan to corner the market on freaky unrelated interests, and then I'll take over the world.

Posted 12 April 2010 - 04:49 PM

View PostJoeyJoJo, on Monday, April 12th, 2010, 7:23 PM, said:

Her post didn't strike me as someone willing to consider the other side. The idea that one side is trying to get the facts out there for an honest debate while the other side just wants to get lies out there quickly is an absurd position, regardless of which side is which.
Not precisely that Republicans only lie, although I did phrase it in a rather partisan way, admittedly. I was more thinking that some Republicans who post here often do not have all the facts before them and the liberals who post on here spend a lot of time doing teh Google and teh Wiki and other two-minute research that perhaps the Republicans should have considered doing themselves, i.e., Congress made Reagan spend all that money, Congress has been controlled by Democrats for the last 30 years, the President doesn't create the budget, etc.P.S. The most bad-ass thing Ike ever did was a smackdown of a Democrat, federalizing the National Guard to show Orval Faubus who was boss. It's that Faubus's side took over the Republican party and ultimately won that saddens and disgusts me.

View PostTiltinagain, on Monday, April 12th, 2010, 7:37 PM, said:

This whole discussion is ridiculous. Like most presidents of both parties do, this is all about the sizzle, not the steak.As Liberals tell it, the treaty will reduce stockpiles by "thousands". As you all have admitted, it also leaves thousands more than is necessaryto destroy the world. So, tell me, what was accomplished other than the Mesiah being able to get on TV and tell us how wonderful he is (while reading a tele-prompter of course) for signing a document that "reduces" nuclear weapons? As Republicans tell it, Obama has harmed American safety by taking away our most potent deterrant to attack from the outside. Again, since there arestill way more than is necessary to blow up the world, what harm was done?This is all just typical politico symbalism over substance.Republican (that hates POLITICS) regards,
This is the best answer, of course. That's why I think the yammering of the pundits (of both parties) is so bad for America, because they exist only to encourage enmity and conflict. If we all turned the TV off and drew on our own ideas, the hatred would go way down (or so I like to think).

View PostLongLiveYorke, on Monday, April 12th, 2010, 8:09 PM, said:

The day I turned signatures off was the best day of my life, or at least on these forums.
Are you kidding? Sometimes the sig file is the only part of the post worth reading. HollywoodAFD's past/present/future pic of Carrot Top always makes me smile.

#45 vbnautilus

vbnautilus

psychonaut

• Members
  • 10,326 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 06:35 PM

View PostSouthern Buddhist, on Monday, April 12th, 2010, 5:49 PM, said:

Are you kidding? Sometimes the sig file is the only part of the post worth reading. HollywoodAFD's past/present/future pic of Carrot Top always makes me smile.
Seriously, though, yours is too big.The real mystery is how JJJ knew this given that he reads w/o avatars and signatures.

#46 Southern Buddhist

Southern Buddhist

I take easygoing to the extreme

• Members
  • 1,783 posts
  • Interests:Buddhism, NASCAR, Shakespeare, _Futurama_, and poker. No kidding. Someday I plan to corner the market on freaky unrelated interests, and then I'll take over the world.

Posted 12 April 2010 - 08:00 PM

View Postvbnautilus, on Monday, April 12th, 2010, 10:35 PM, said:

Seriously, though, yours is too big.The real mystery is how JJJ knew this given that he reads w/o avatars and signatures.
Yeah, as a rule I don't like big pictures either, so I'm only going to keep it a few days. Edit: I tried resizing it but it doesn't seem to have worked.

#47 brvheart

brvheart

I'm the best.

• Members
  • 25,272 posts
  • Interests:Playing in nuclear fallout.
  • Favorite Poker Game:I play 100/200 live with my best friend Jason.

Posted 12 April 2010 - 09:26 PM

View PostJoeyJoJo, on Monday, April 12th, 2010, 5:27 PM, said:

Unless you have signatures turned off because of the obnoxiously oversized ones.
This is probably the best answer. At work/school I have them turned off, and home: on.I could make a list of all the people with sig pictures that are obnoxiously big, because I hate them so badly. I will give SB a few days before she goes ON THE LIST.

View PostiZuma, on 20 August 2012 - 11:32 AM, said:

napa I was jesus christing suited, you guys just slipped in before me.

View PostEssay21, on 25 February 2013 - 08:32 PM, said:

#48 jmkiser

jmkiser

The best revenge is massive success.

• Members
  • 2,195 posts
  • Interests:I'm a boring guy XD
  • Favorite Poker Game:Limit Hold'em & Limit Omaha Hi/Lo

Posted 12 April 2010 - 10:19 PM

View PostTiltinagain, on Monday, April 12th, 2010, 4:37 PM, said:

This is what I was about to say. I guess the argument for the Republicans could be made that they don't like the direction Obama is taking our country regarding nuclear weapons. And on the other side, the Democrats could applaud the direction Obama could be taking us by reducing them.But as far as direction goes, we flip political parties every 8 years anyway. Unless the next Republican president in 2016 decides to continue Obama's actions and reduce our stockpile even more, I don't see this having any lasting impact. And I doubt that Obama is going to revisit this issue since he can already claim that he's "done something about it".
I was not lying. I said things that later on seemed to be untrue. - Richard Nixon

People come to Washington believing it is the center of power. It was only much later that I learned that Washington is a steering wheel that's not connected to an engine.

I look at the Senators and pray for this country.

It may be true that you can't fool all the people all the time, but you can fool enough of them to rule a large country.

#49 JoeyJoJo

JoeyJoJo

• Members
  • 8,141 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 07:11 AM

View Postvbnautilus, on Monday, April 12th, 2010, 7:35 PM, said:

The real mystery is how JJJ knew this given that he reads w/o avatars and signatures.
If you click on someone's profile you can see their signature.

#50 ahosang

ahosang

Trolling FCP like everyone else...

• Members
  • 1,282 posts
  • Interests:Trolling
  • Favorite Poker Game:Trolling

Posted 13 April 2010 - 09:07 AM

View PostJoeyJoJo, on Tuesday, April 13th, 2010, 12:23 AM, said:

Her post didn't strike me as someone willing to consider the other side. The idea that one side is trying to get the facts out there for an honest debate while the other side just wants to get lies out there quickly is an absurd position, regardless of which side is which.That's basically what I have. I turned avatars off too.
:club: You mean you haven't watched brvheart's avatar??? Every time I read this forum and that guy makes a post, I watch the whole thing. I'm still waiting for Empire Strikes Back though...
FCP is a trollfest. If ya can't beat 'em, join 'em!!!!

#51 brvheart

brvheart

I'm the best.

• Members
  • 25,272 posts
  • Interests:Playing in nuclear fallout.
  • Favorite Poker Game:I play 100/200 live with my best friend Jason.

Posted 13 April 2010 - 09:16 AM

BOOM!

View PostiZuma, on 20 August 2012 - 11:32 AM, said:

napa I was jesus christing suited, you guys just slipped in before me.

View PostEssay21, on 25 February 2013 - 08:32 PM, said:

#52 ahosang

ahosang

Trolling FCP like everyone else...

• Members
  • 1,282 posts
  • Interests:Trolling
  • Favorite Poker Game:Trolling

Posted 13 April 2010 - 09:32 AM

View Postbrvheart, on Tuesday, April 13th, 2010, 6:16 PM, said:

BOOM!
lol, thanks man.
FCP is a trollfest. If ya can't beat 'em, join 'em!!!!

#53 hblask

hblask

Perpetual slow learner

• Members
  • 9,860 posts
  • Interests:Just deal the cards already

Posted 14 April 2010 - 02:26 PM

More evidence that Republicans are retarded. In light of this:Majority of Americans say no second term for Obamaand this:R's could take 80-90 seats in the fallthe Republicans come out with this:McCain says we need to "pull the trigger" on IranYeah, that's how to get elected -- by suggesting that we get into another endless, unwinnable war against a country that is no serious threat to us.
"Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?" -- J. Coulton

#54 brvheart's I Phone

brvheart's I Phone

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 07:04 PM

One time, Dear Lord. One time.

#55 hblask

hblask

Perpetual slow learner

• Members
  • 9,860 posts
  • Interests:Just deal the cards already

Posted 14 April 2010 - 07:08 PM

View Postbrvheart's I Phone, on Wednesday, April 14th, 2010, 9:04 PM, said:

I'd rather have Gary Johnson, but RP is one of the few other politicians that could convince me to vote for a D or an R.
"Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?" -- J. Coulton

#56 El Guapo

El Guapo

Like A Boss!

• Members
  • 16,439 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 07:39 PM

Is there a list somewhere that shows major political issues and Ron Paul's stances on them?

#57 jmkiser

jmkiser

• Members
  • 2,195 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 10:56 PM

Pit maverick Republican Congressman Ron Paul against President Obama in a hypothetical 2012 election match-up, and the race is virtually dead even.
McCain's gone and they're sticking the maverick title on Ron Paul. Interesting.
I was not lying. I said things that later on seemed to be untrue. - Richard Nixon

People come to Washington believing it is the center of power. It was only much later that I learned that Washington is a steering wheel that's not connected to an engine.

It may be true that you can't fool all the people all the time, but you can fool enough of them to rule a large country.

#58 jmkiser

jmkiser

• Members
  • 2,195 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 11:09 PM

Is there a list somewhere that shows major political issues and Ron Paul's stances on them?
I think RP's political beliefs are more of a general philosophy then an issue by issue stance, but I did find this.http://www.ontheissu...rg/Ron_Paul.htm

#59 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,896 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:5/10 NLHE (100 max buy in)

Posted 15 April 2010 - 07:08 AM

View Postjmkiser, on Thursday, April 15th, 2010, 2:56 AM, said:

McCain's gone and they're sticking the maverick title on Ron Paul. Interesting.
Well, if the shoe fits.....Paul really is a maverick and McCain stripped the title from himself recently:http://politicalwire...o_maverick.htmlso, that's good reporting.
"Give a little bit.....give a little bit of your chips to me...."

#60 JoeyJoJo

JoeyJoJo

• Members
  • 8,141 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 07:40 AM

View Postjmkiser, on Thursday, April 15th, 2010, 12:09 AM, said:

I think RP's political beliefs are more of a general philosophy then an issue by issue stance, but I did find this.http://www.ontheissu...rg/Ron_Paul.htm
That was interesting. I think I agree with him on a lot of stuff.Re: EducationPresent scientific facts that support creationismIs this because he believes in it or is it his political way of saying, "Hey, good luck with that, Mr. Christian Scientist"?I mean, this is pretty low on my priority list, but I was curious.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users