Jump to content


I Hate Republicans


  • Please log in to reply
418 replies to this topic

#1 brvheart

brvheart

    I'm the best.

  • Members
  • 25,272 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Toyko, Japan
  • Interests:Playing in nuclear fallout.
  • Favorite Poker Game:I play 100/200 live with my best friend Jason.

Posted 11 April 2010 - 08:13 AM

http://www.cbsnews.c...208-503544.htmlThe super great news about this is that Ron Paul only lost by one vote. 439-438. That's a major step forward for a guy considered a fringe looney toon.Mitt Romney would be a total disaster.

View PostiZuma, on 20 August 2012 - 11:32 AM, said:

napa I was jesus christing suited, you guys just slipped in before me.

View PostEssay21, on 25 February 2013 - 08:32 PM, said:

.

#2 hblask

hblask

    Perpetual slow learner

  • Members
  • 9,860 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Minnesota
  • Interests:Just deal the cards already

Posted 11 April 2010 - 08:34 AM

If there were a sure way to get Obama re-elected in 2012, it would be for the Republicans to nominate someone whose primary quality is that he's only 90% as bad as Obama.There are a number of Republicans that I could be convinced to vote for, and two or three I could vote for enthusiastically.I'd rather vote for Obama than Romney, though, because if we're going to move toward socialism, I'd rather leave it to the people who openly support it, not the people who put us there under the banner of capitalism.
"Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?" -- J. Coulton


#3 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

    The chosen few....

  • Members
  • 14,896 posts
  • Location:The NFL Films Vault
  • Favorite Poker Game:5/10 NLHE (100 max buy in)

Posted 11 April 2010 - 09:10 AM

See, I hate Republicans because Obama signed a sensible treaty with Russia to reduce our collective nuclear stockpiles.......and then Fox News spent the whole day chiding Obama for making us look weak......some of them like Sarah Palin openly wished for a return to a strong leader like Ronald Reagan.....who once proposed THE EXACT SAME TREATY THAT OBAMA JUST SIGNED.They aren't pushing back on Obama. They just say no to anything he says regardless of the content. Sean Hannity and Newt Gingrich spent a good half hour lying about its contents. Fair and balanced is hard.
"Give a little bit.....give a little bit of your chips to me...."

#4 LongLiveYorke

LongLiveYorke

    Ending the world one proton at a time

  • Members
  • 8,356 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manhattan
  • Interests:fizziks, teh maths, Raid-o-head, Rod Reynolds

Posted 11 April 2010 - 09:14 AM

I hate Republicans because they smell bad and only brush their teeth once a week.

#5 El Guapo

El Guapo

    Like A Boss!

  • Members
  • 16,439 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Carmen's Flower

Posted 11 April 2010 - 09:52 AM

View PostLongLiveYorke, on Sunday, April 11th, 2010, 10:14 AM, said:

I hate Republicans because they smell bad and only brush their teeth once a week.
Pretty sure you are confusing republicans with pot smoking tree hugging hippy liberals.

#6 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

    Deplorable Lives Matter

  • Members
  • 24,375 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:So Cal
  • Interests:Cigars, Flying, Golf, Bible
  • Favorite Poker Game:Golf

Posted 11 April 2010 - 10:58 AM

View PostEl Guapo, on Sunday, April 11th, 2010, 10:52 AM, said:

Pretty sure you are confusing republicans with pot smoking tree hugging hippy liberals. vbnautalis
I hate that republicans are the best hope for this country...
I use my cigar smoke as idiot repellent

The government was set to protect man from criminals - and the Constitution was written to protect man from the government. - Ayn Rand

#7 strategy

strategy

    Internet expert

  • Members
  • 15,932 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:strategy
  • Favorite Poker Game:strategy

Posted 11 April 2010 - 11:01 AM

Quote

Asked about Palin's criticism this morning on Good Morning America, Obama told ABC's George Stephanopoulos, "I really have no response, because last I checked, Sarah Palin's not much of an expert on nuclear issues."[Obama] went on to state that the new policy was developed with experts such as Defense Secretary Robert Gates and Joint Chiefs of Staff chairman Michael Mullen. To that, Obama said, “I’m probably going to take my advice from them and not from Sarah Palin.”
I like that he's already slapping her down in anticipation of a 2012 race. The funny thing is, this reduction still leaves us with a gigantic number of missiles. Good lord, I hate republicans. Spin a huge positive for the human race into alarmist bullshit for political gain... sure, why not.
QUOTE (ShakeZuma @ Wednesday, November 2nd, 2011, 4:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
seriously though, with that grammar it's really like, I mean it doesn't bother me as much that she gets beat, you know?


#8 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

    Deplorable Lives Matter

  • Members
  • 24,375 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:So Cal
  • Interests:Cigars, Flying, Golf, Bible
  • Favorite Poker Game:Golf

Posted 11 April 2010 - 11:18 AM

View Poststrategy, on Sunday, April 11th, 2010, 12:01 PM, said:

I like that he's already slapping her down in anticipation of a 2012 race. The funny thing is, this reduction still leaves us with a gigantic number of missiles. Good lord, I hate republicans. Spin a huge positive for the human race into alarmist bullshit for political gain... sure, why not.
I think you are wrong.Obama and the dems are going to run against Bush again in November and in 2012.They are not going to run against Palin unless they get desperate and have no actual message of their own.
I use my cigar smoke as idiot repellent

The government was set to protect man from criminals - and the Constitution was written to protect man from the government. - Ayn Rand

#9 JustDoIt

JustDoIt

    Poker Forum Groupie

  • Members
  • 877 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Omaha H/L

Posted 11 April 2010 - 11:20 AM

View PostLongLiveYorke, on Sunday, April 11th, 2010, 9:14 AM, said:

I hate Republicans because they smell bad and only brush their teeth once a week.
Naw, your wrong twice a week.
Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured.

Mark Twain

#10 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

    The chosen few....

  • Members
  • 14,896 posts
  • Location:The NFL Films Vault
  • Favorite Poker Game:5/10 NLHE (100 max buy in)

Posted 11 April 2010 - 11:22 AM

View Poststrategy, on Sunday, April 11th, 2010, 3:01 PM, said:

I like that he's already slapping her down in anticipation of a 2012 race. The funny thing is, this reduction still leaves us with a gigantic number of missiles. Good lord, I hate republicans. Spin a huge positive for the human race into alarmist bullshit for political gain... sure, why not.
not to mention it was basically RONALD REAGAN's idea. It was the idea of their favorite god after Jesus. And they still can't stop themselves from going into "OBAMA BAD!!" mode. It's as sad as it is insulting.It's good that Sarah Palin keeps actively destroying her own chances to be President though.
"Give a little bit.....give a little bit of your chips to me...."

#11 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

    Deplorable Lives Matter

  • Members
  • 24,375 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:So Cal
  • Interests:Cigars, Flying, Golf, Bible
  • Favorite Poker Game:Golf

Posted 11 April 2010 - 11:31 AM

View PostCaneBrain, on Sunday, April 11th, 2010, 12:22 PM, said:

not to mention it was basically RONALD REAGAN's idea. It was the idea of their favorite god after Jesus. And they still can't stop themselves from going into "OBAMA BAD!!" mode. It's as sad as it is insulting.It's good that Sarah Palin keeps actively destroying her own chances to be President though.
Yea, I'm sure Obama went into the Presidential papers, pulled out Reagan's plan and resubmitted it exactly.This is Obama who only last week came out for offshore drilling...except in places that have water and or might have water in the future...Now I should preface this by saying that this is Masters week and if the TV is on it's watching the Masters so I have absolutely no clue what this nuke treaty is about or what it says..I am just trusting Obama to continue to be...Obama
I use my cigar smoke as idiot repellent

The government was set to protect man from criminals - and the Constitution was written to protect man from the government. - Ayn Rand

#12 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

    The chosen few....

  • Members
  • 14,896 posts
  • Location:The NFL Films Vault
  • Favorite Poker Game:5/10 NLHE (100 max buy in)

Posted 11 April 2010 - 11:37 AM

View PostBalloon guy, on Sunday, April 11th, 2010, 3:31 PM, said:

Yea, I'm sure Obama went into the Presidential papers, pulled out Reagan's plan and resubmitted it exactly.This is Obama who only last week came out for offshore drilling...except in places that have water and or might have water in the future...Now I should preface this by saying that this is Masters week and if the TV is on it's watching the Masters so I have absolutely no clue what this nuke treaty is about or what it says..I am just trusting Obama to continue to be...Obama
exactly you are an internet character made of balloons. It is ok for you to just assume things and go about your business. Be nice to get a slightly higher level of attention from a "news" station.Cliffs notes: a lot of this treaty matches up word for word with things Reagan publicly said about decreasing our nuclear stockpiles. It's a nice start but it still leaves us enough nukes to blow up the world 100 times over if need be. Newt and Hannity went on TV and lied about its contents for 30 minutes. Jon Stewart make them look stupid. Sarah Palin continue to be easy fodder for comedians.
"Give a little bit.....give a little bit of your chips to me...."

#13 Naked_Cowboy

Naked_Cowboy

    the dynamo of volition

  • Members
  • 4,479 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Dallas, TX
  • Interests:playing all your best games

Posted 11 April 2010 - 12:32 PM

I'm all about reducing the stockpiles. I do, however, think we need to do it in conjunction with testing and updating the technology of what's left. A legacy nintendo rivals the computers put in these things when they were originally built and that scares the hell out of me.
~certified bumhunter~

#14 brvheart

brvheart

    I'm the best.

  • Members
  • 25,272 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Toyko, Japan
  • Interests:Playing in nuclear fallout.
  • Favorite Poker Game:I play 100/200 live with my best friend Jason.

Posted 11 April 2010 - 12:38 PM

View PostCaneBrain, on Sunday, April 11th, 2010, 12:10 PM, said:

See, I hate Republicans because Obama signed a sensible treaty with Russia to reduce our collective nuclear stockpiles.......and then Fox News spent the whole day chiding Obama for making us look weak......some of them like Sarah Palin openly wished for a return to a strong leader like Ronald Reagan.....who once proposed THE EXACT SAME TREATY THAT OBAMA JUST SIGNED.They aren't pushing back on Obama. They just say no to anything he says regardless of the content. Sean Hannity and Newt Gingrich spent a good half hour lying about its contents. Fair and balanced is hard.
Wrong. Off-shore drilling.

View PostiZuma, on 20 August 2012 - 11:32 AM, said:

napa I was jesus christing suited, you guys just slipped in before me.

View PostEssay21, on 25 February 2013 - 08:32 PM, said:

.

#15 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

    The chosen few....

  • Members
  • 14,896 posts
  • Location:The NFL Films Vault
  • Favorite Poker Game:5/10 NLHE (100 max buy in)

Posted 11 April 2010 - 12:39 PM

View PostNaked_Cowboy, on Sunday, April 11th, 2010, 4:32 PM, said:

I'm all about reducing the stockpiles. I do, however, think we need to do it in conjunction with testing and updating the technology of what's left. A legacy nintendo rivals the computers put in these things when they were originally built and that scares the hell out of me.
This seems like a really good idea.
"Give a little bit.....give a little bit of your chips to me...."

#16 Naked_Cowboy

Naked_Cowboy

    the dynamo of volition

  • Members
  • 4,479 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Dallas, TX
  • Interests:playing all your best games

Posted 11 April 2010 - 01:06 PM

View PostCaneBrain, on Sunday, April 11th, 2010, 3:39 PM, said:

This seems like a really good idea.
Thanks. Obama isn't interested in the second half of the equation. Seems like a no-brainer. We don't lose any perceived effectiveness if we have the best technology in what's left of our weapons, and you reduce the chances that we have a catastrophic accident with the most powerful weapons on earth.
~certified bumhunter~

#17 strategy

strategy

    Internet expert

  • Members
  • 15,932 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:strategy
  • Favorite Poker Game:strategy

Posted 11 April 2010 - 01:58 PM

View PostCaneBrain, on Sunday, April 11th, 2010, 2:22 PM, said:

It's as sad as it is insulting.
I'm more worried than I am sad or insulted. See: Dr. Strangelove

View PostNaked_Cowboy, on Sunday, April 11th, 2010, 3:32 PM, said:

I'm all about reducing the stockpiles. I do, however, think we need to do it in conjunction with testing and updating the technology of what's left. A legacy nintendo rivals the computers put in these things when they were originally built and that scares the hell out of me.
I've heard NASA space shuttles run on just a few megabytes of RAM. Generally anything less than 2GB (2048MB) of RAM in a desktop computer is scoff-worthy. The reason they're in no hurry to upgrade is because the software they run is rigorously tested and elegant in its simplicity. Supposedly one issue with running a more complex set of processes (for NASA) is keeping things simple enough to be able to deal with radiation damage. H probably has more to say here.But yeah, I'm all for juicing up what we've got. Wiki claims the total number of warheads for each country:US: 5951Russia: 2825Assuming the 25-30% number, that's anywhere between 2194 and 2633 warheads that won't sit around threatening humanity.
QUOTE (ShakeZuma @ Wednesday, November 2nd, 2011, 4:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
seriously though, with that grammar it's really like, I mean it doesn't bother me as much that she gets beat, you know?


#18 LongLiveYorke

LongLiveYorke

    Ending the world one proton at a time

  • Members
  • 8,356 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manhattan
  • Interests:fizziks, teh maths, Raid-o-head, Rod Reynolds

Posted 11 April 2010 - 02:42 PM

View Poststrategy, on Sunday, April 11th, 2010, 5:58 PM, said:

I've heard NASA space shuttles run on just a few megabytes of RAM. Generally anything less than 2GB (2048MB) of RAM in a desktop computer is scoff-worthy. The reason they're in no hurry to upgrade is because the software they run is rigorously tested and elegant in its simplicity. Supposedly one issue with running a more complex set of processes (for NASA) is keeping things simple enough to be able to deal with radiation damage. H probably has more to say here.
If you know exactly what a computing machine is going to be used for, it's easy to keep it small and simple. Much of the processing can be coded directly with hardware. It's not like you're going to have to surf the internet with a nuclear missile.

#19 strategy

strategy

    Internet expert

  • Members
  • 15,932 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:strategy
  • Favorite Poker Game:strategy

Posted 11 April 2010 - 03:02 PM

View PostLongLiveYorke, on Sunday, April 11th, 2010, 5:42 PM, said:

If you know exactly what a computing machine is going to be used for, it's easy to keep it small and simple. Much of the processing can be coded directly with hardware. It's not like you're going to have to surf the internet with a nuclear missile.
I got pretty pissed when I found out that the previous owner of my ICBM hadn't run windows update since Vista's SP1.
QUOTE (ShakeZuma @ Wednesday, November 2nd, 2011, 4:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
seriously though, with that grammar it's really like, I mean it doesn't bother me as much that she gets beat, you know?


#20 Nashtak

Nashtak

    FCP's Worst Player Award

  • Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ottawa

Posted 11 April 2010 - 03:12 PM

View Posthblask, on Sunday, April 11th, 2010, 12:34 PM, said:

If there were a sure way to get Obama re-elected in 2012, it would be for the Republicans to nominate someone whose primary quality is that he's only 90% as bad as Obama.There are a number of Republicans that I could be convinced to vote for, and two or three I could vote for enthusiastically.I'd rather vote for Obama than Romney, though, because if we're going to move toward socialism, I'd rather leave it to the people who openly support it, not the people who put us there under the banner of capitalism.
Then again Bush won it twice.
QUOTE (Tactical Bear @ Monday, December 27th, 2010, 4:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If I had a nickel for every time I've had this exact same problem I would have zero nickels because I'm not a faggot.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users