78 replies to this topic

#41 Dubey

Dubey

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 10,912 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 11:28 AM

View Postmrdannyg, on Wednesday, June 1st, 2011, 11:15 AM, said:

p.s. the real star of the Marlins isn't Hanley anyway, it is LOGAN.
YES! That's 2 of us on board with this theory. Next year, we can both say "I knew Logan Morrison was a superstar before everybody else caught on", and we'll have this thread to prove it. (Also, countless threads on the FCBL forums for me :club:)

#42 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,896 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:5/10 NLHE (100 max buy in)

Posted 01 June 2011 - 03:39 PM

View Postmrdannyg, on Wednesday, June 1st, 2011, 3:15 PM, said:

There is a Florida Marlins thread?
It's almost as surprising as finding out people still care about the NHL.
"Give a little bit.....give a little bit of your chips to me...."

#43 Poppy_Hillis

Poppy_Hillis

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 3,904 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 04:18 PM

I drafted Gaby Sanchez in my keeper league this year. I don't think LoMo keeps this up. Unfortunately, I don't think Gaby will either. But I also have Hanley, and he can't keep this up either. What's Hanley's deal? He's strictly a ground ball hitter now, he used to be an even split.

#44 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 24,850 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 05:50 PM

I was all over Mike Stanton in this years drafts. I'm on his nuts like a squirrel. Guy is ridiculous.
Spoiler

#45 Poppy_Hillis

Poppy_Hillis

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 3,904 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 08:06 PM

View PostSuitedAces21, on Wednesday, June 1st, 2011, 6:50 PM, said:

I was all over Mike Stanton in this years drafts. I'm on his nuts like a squirrel. Guy is ridiculous.
He's a whiffer.

#46 Dubey

Dubey

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 10,912 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 07:40 AM

View PostPoppy_Hillis, on Wednesday, June 1st, 2011, 4:18 PM, said:

I don't think LoMo keeps this up.
[homer alert]I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with you on LoMo. Outside of 2 weeks last year when he was first called up, he has been consistantly performing at an elite level for close to 400 abs now. his On base percentage has been floating around .400, and all the doubles and triples he was belting last year are turning into HRs this year.In fact, from the time of his callup last year, only 4 players in the league scored more runs than Morrison, and that was batting in the 7 hole in a less than Stellar Marlins lineup. Now that he is hitting in the 3 hole, if hanley ever picks his game up, he will start producing runs at a very elite level. I would be willing to write off his ~250 abs last year as a hot streak, but given his consistent performance this year while in the lineup, for over 100 abs now, I am less inclined to do so. the only 'mirage' that we might be seeing from him this year, is the home run numbers, as he is hitting at a ~35 HR pace, and I don't see him as more than a 20 HR guy, but I could be wrong about that too.[/homer]

#47 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 24,850 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 08:37 AM

400 AB's is nothing. See me at 2000.And Mike Stanton aint no whiffer, bro. Guy is a striker. A ball striker.
Spoiler

#48 Skeleton Jelly

Skeleton Jelly

KOWTF

• Members
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 08:40 AM

View PostSuitedAces21, on Thursday, June 2nd, 2011, 9:37 AM, said:

400 AB's is nothing. See me at 2000.
His minor league numbers show the guy can get on base.

#49 Dubey

Dubey

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 10,912 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 08:44 AM

well, he had over 1600 minor league at bats with a .383 obp. a very Similar OBP in about 400 Major league at bats. a good draft pedigree, and was always considered a top prospect by pretty much everybody until he got his callup, and has performed above expectations since getting his foot in the door. He has consistently performed at a high level thorugh his entire career. I don't think we need 3+ more seasons of major league play to draw some conclusions about him.

#50 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 24,850 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 08:59 AM

you stat nerds make me sick, with your numbers and your percentages and your evidence.but i'd still like to see more MLB AB's before i trust a guy. but those numbers look promising.but seriously, Mikey Stanton? Awesome power right. Gonna hit 50 yacktowns at least once.
Spoiler

#51 Poppy_Hillis

Poppy_Hillis

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 3,904 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 09:16 AM

View PostSuitedAces21, on Thursday, June 2nd, 2011, 9:59 AM, said:

you stat nerds make me sick, with your numbers and your percentages and your evidence.but i'd still like to see more MLB AB's before i trust a guy. but those numbers look promising.but seriously, Mikey Stanton? Awesome power right. Gonna hit 50 yacktowns at least once.
Ya, he's a right-handed Adam Dunn.

#52 Dubey

Dubey

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 10,912 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 09:37 AM

I like Stanton a lot.I think his ceiling is a Ryan Howard type. High K's but lots of bombs to make up for it. Considering how young he is, his Power numbers are already very impressive.

#53 GeneralGeeWhiz

GeneralGeeWhiz

Go Niners

• Members
  • 5,191 posts
  • Interests:mtt bubbles, girls, fast cars and golf.
  • Favorite Poker Game:mtt bubbles

Posted 03 August 2011 - 01:02 AM

i enjoyed every second of watching hanley rolling around in agony. its just a sprain, but hopefully it will linger for the rest of his career. kinda like posey's ankle will hurt for the rest of his career.

#54 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

Cheese Salesman

• Members
  • 20,266 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 06:37 AM

View PostGeneralGeeWhiz, on Wednesday, August 3rd, 2011, 6:02 AM, said:

i enjoyed every second of watching hanley rolling around in agony. its just a sprain, but hopefully it will linger for the rest of his career. kinda like posey's ankle will hurt for the rest of his career.
I agree. Because Hanley went out of his way to hurt Posey. Wait, what?This is an incredibly stupid post. I think you'd admit that it was poorly founded, but it was way stupider.And if you actually want one of the most talented baseball players on the planet to have a lingering injury, you are obviously an annoying homer, and not a baseball fan.
Long signatures are really annoying.

#55 GeneralGeeWhiz

GeneralGeeWhiz

Go Niners

• Members
  • 5,191 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 09:27 AM

View Postmrdannyg, on Wednesday, August 3rd, 2011, 7:37 AM, said:

I agree. Because Hanley went out of his way to hurt Posey. Wait, what?This is an incredibly stupid post. I think you'd admit that it was poorly founded, but it was way stupider.And if you actually want one of the most talented baseball players on the planet to have a lingering injury, you are obviously an annoying homer, and not a baseball fan.
stfu mr dannyg, you have no idea how much of a fan i am.. its ingrained in every giants fans DNA to hate the marlins for several reasons.. theyre a team full of punks and their best player hanley hot dogs it every game. and he'll be fine. just a sprain. too bad he is a punk and will never live up to his full potential.

#56 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,896 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 10:03 AM

View PostGeneralGeeWhiz, on Wednesday, August 3rd, 2011, 1:27 PM, said:

stfu mr dannyg, you have no idea how much of a fan i am.. its ingrained in every giants fans DNA to hate the marlins for several reasons.. theyre a team full of punks and their best player hanley hot dogs it every game. and he'll be fine. just a sprain. too bad he is a punk and will never live up to his full potential.
so sad.

#57 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

Cheese Salesman

• Members
  • 20,266 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 11:13 AM

View PostGeneralGeeWhiz, on Wednesday, August 3rd, 2011, 2:27 PM, said:

I cannot imagine why San Francisco fans would hate the Marlins, other then for Posey. In fact, I can't imagine anyone hating the hapless Marlins. The many natural rivals for the Giants makes your suggestion even more questionable. I'm reasonable certain that you are a huge fan of the Giants in the same way that dogmatic religious types are fans of god, or the security guard in my building with parkinson's is a fan of shaking.You get full points for proper use of "they're" and "their" in the same sentence.
Long signatures are really annoying.

#58 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,896 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 12:09 PM

SF fans (supposedly) hate the Marlins because the Marlins knocked them out of the playoffs twice in the Wild Card Round, in 1997 and 2003. And they are a team full of punks because the 25th guy on our roster accidentally broke Buster Posey's leg on a play the MLB ruled to be perfectly clean. Yeah, I don't get either part.

#59 Dubey

Dubey

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 10,912 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 08:24 AM

View PostGeneralGeeWhiz, on Wednesday, August 3rd, 2011, 1:02 AM, said:

.... wow.

#60 GeneralGeeWhiz

GeneralGeeWhiz

Go Niners

• Members
  • 5,191 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 05:34 PM

hanley has proven himself to be a piece of garbage on and off the field. a hot dogging cocky kid with a HUGE amount of talent (its unreal) that he will never live up to. i do regret saying i hope he is perma inured and im sorry. another reason the marlins are sad is the have about 12 fans. even though they're a talented team. ANOTHER reason is they do such a great job scouting, farm system, etc.. then have a fire sale of every talented player after a decent season or a WS. hanley will be fine, posey will have lingering problems for years to come.and i dont care that he was a 25th player on your team or hanley, launch yourself into a catcher is a bush league play and thats what the marlins teach. i know i said the hit was clean originally, but the more i think about it and the more i watch it, the worse it gets. posey left a clear lane to the plate and the marlin came in, diving like james harrison from the steelers. i hope we go head hunting this month when we go to FLA, like boachy indicated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users