3513 replies to this topic

#1921 serge

serge

Leafs nation Grand Poobah

• Members
  • 41,501 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 04:37 PM

View PostMapleLeafpoker, on Sunday, August 8th, 2010, 3:14 PM, said:

Serge, please comment on your sick pitching from today against my team. And the fact your boys scored 17runs against my pitching yesterday.Can we agree your bad luck doesnt apply when you face other Armenians in your pools or your side-bets?
It was pretty sick..My bad luck doesnt apply against you thats for sure..This weekend was a joy to watch the Jays..
I am a huge Leafs fan, I am not going to apologize for my love of the greatest team on earth.
GO LEAFS GO

#1922 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

Cheese Salesman

• Members
  • 18,328 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 08:34 AM

Alright, looking for advice on tonight's pitching decision. For anyone unfamiliar, strikeouts are key to the FCBL scoring system.Options:Clay Buchholz/Red Sox against Jered Weaver/Angels:Pro: Buchholz is pitching great. They're at home, and will have Pedroia back.Con: Buchholz is only striking out 6.1/9, the Angels are 9th-best in the MLB at striking out and Weaver has been awesome. Also, Red Sox have not been hitting well.Chacin/Rockies against Kershaw/Dodgers:Pro: Chacin is strking out 10/9, with similar performances in recent minor league starts. Dodgers are in the bottom-half of the league for strikeouts.Con: Kershaw is a great pitcher, and the Dodgers are better than the Angels. And not at home.Rockies are +150, Red Sox are -140. Hm, bigger difference than I thought. I guess that's my decision.
Long signatures are really annoying.

#1923 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

Unenjoyable Annoying Retard

• Members
  • 32,713 posts
  • Interests:sports, music, movies, photography
  • Favorite Poker Game:Hi/Lo Chicago

Posted 17 August 2010 - 08:36 AM

View Postmrdannyg, on Tuesday, August 17th, 2010, 11:34 AM, said:

Alright, looking for advice on tonight's pitching decision. For anyone unfamiliar, strikeouts are key to the FCBL scoring system.Options:Clay Buchholz/Red Sox against Jered Weaver/Angels:Pro: Buchholz is pitching great. They're at home, and will have Pedroia back.Con: Buchholz is only striking out 6.1/9, the Angels are 9th-best in the MLB at striking out and Weaver has been awesome. Also, Red Sox have not been hitting well.Chacin/Rockies against Kershaw/Dodgers:Pro: Chacin is strking out 10/9, with similar performances in recent minor league starts. Dodgers are in the bottom-half of the league for strikeouts.Con: Kershaw is a great pitcher, and the Dodgers are better than the Angels. And not at home.Rockies are +150, Red Sox are -140. Hm, bigger difference than I thought. I guess that's my decision.
Go with Boston. I'm starting the Angels so it will make our head-to-head battle more realistic. :club:
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.

#1924 Dubey

Dubey

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 7,415 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 08:43 AM

I'm starting Detroit against the Yankees tonight, so I doubt you have much to worry about.

#1925 SBriand

SBriand

Viva La Beaver!

• Members
  • 15,097 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 09:11 AM

Tough pitching choice today...Volquez vs Diamondbacks. He throws strikes but throws just as many balls along with those strikes.or Richard vs Cubs. 10 game winning going against a Cub pitcher who is 0-0 with a 10+ ERA. He doesn't throw strikes consistently. Can have an 8 strike game and then two 1 strike games.Bah!
QUOTE (digitalmonkey @ Wednesday, August 18th, 2010, 1:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Steve,

It doesn't matter who you start because you have a horse shoe up your ass so far I'm not really sure how you get through the day. You must be gay.

#1926 SBriand

SBriand

Viva La Beaver!

• Members
  • 15,097 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 09:12 AM

double post
Steve,

It doesn't matter who you start because you have a horse shoe up your ass so far I'm not really sure how you get through the day. You must be gay.

#1927 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

Cheese Salesman

• Members
  • 18,328 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 09:13 AM

Doubly tough because the Diamondbacks are the worst (or close) to the worst in the MLB for striking out. Cubs aren't very good either, but nowhere near the DBacks.Without that, I'd go with Richard for sure. San Diego is just goo good. Even with that, I think I go with Richard, but it is close. I can't believe how friggin good San Diego and Cincinnati pitching is. Gross.

#1928 SBriand

SBriand

Viva La Beaver!

• Members
  • 15,097 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 09:15 AM

View Postmrdannyg, on Wednesday, August 18th, 2010, 1:13 PM, said:

Doubly tough because the Diamondbacks are the worst (or close) to the worst in the MLB for striking out. Cubs aren't very good either, but nowhere near the DBacks.Without that, I'd go with Richard for sure. San Diego is just goo good. Even with that, I think I go with Richard, but it is close. I can't believe how friggin good San Diego and Cincinnati pitching is. Gross.
Yeah, looking at SO stats by team it makes it harder. I never thought to look at that until your post yesterday. AZ has like 300 more SO than the Cubs.I got ridic lucky on pitching this year. Glad I made that move to drop Mil and pick up SD.
Steve,

#1929 Dubey

Dubey

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 7,415 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 09:25 AM

Go against the diamondbacks. Justin Upton is 1 for his last 30 with like 15 K's. this way you get 3 points every time he strikes out, which will probably be 4 or 5 times.

#1930 SBriand

SBriand

Viva La Beaver!

• Members
  • 15,097 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 09:36 AM

View PostDubey, on Wednesday, August 18th, 2010, 1:25 PM, said:

Go against the diamondbacks. Justin Upton is 1 for his last 30 with like 15 K's. this way you get 3 points every time he strikes out, which will probably be 4 or 5 times.
I know, man this is a tough one. Have SD in so far but I have changed it 3 times already. Part of me likes that SD is at 2:20 so I can know my pitching score before I leave work. Not that that is a good strategy to winning lol.
Steve,

#1931 Dubey

Dubey

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 7,415 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 09:45 AM

lol, I've done that before when it is a close decision, just to have something to sweat while I'm at work.

#1932 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

Unenjoyable Annoying Retard

• Members
  • 32,713 posts
  • Interests:sports, music, movies, photography
  • Favorite Poker Game:Hi/Lo Chicago

Posted 18 August 2010 - 09:55 AM

Steve,It doesn't matter who you start because you have a horse shoe up your ass so far I'm not really sure how you get through the day. You must be gay.
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.

#1933 SBriand

SBriand

Viva La Beaver!

• Members
  • 15,097 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 10:00 AM

View Postdigitalmonkey, on Wednesday, August 18th, 2010, 1:55 PM, said:

Steve,It doesn't matter who you start because you have a horse shoe up your ass so far I'm not really sure how you get through the day. You must be gay.
hahaha
Steve,

#1934 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

Cheese Salesman

• Members
  • 18,328 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 10:28 AM

View PostSBriand, on Wednesday, August 18th, 2010, 2:15 PM, said:

Yeah, looking at SO stats by team it makes it harder. I never thought to look at that until your post yesterday. AZ has like 300 more SO than the Cubs.I got ridic lucky on pitching this year. Glad I made that move to drop Mil and pick up SD.
If you can still change, might not want to go with San Diego. Looks like they're resting several starters.

View PostDubey, on Wednesday, August 18th, 2010, 2:45 PM, said:

lol, I've done that before when it is a close decision, just to have something to sweat while I'm at work.
I've often done that, if a game was on TV or something.

#1935 serge

serge

• Members
  • 41,501 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 10:51 AM

Going to watch the Las Vegas 51s take on the Reno Aces in Vegas on Thursday August 26..Fun stuff
I am a huge Leafs fan, I am not going to apologize for my love of the greatest team on earth.
GO LEAFS GO

#1936 SBriand

SBriand

Viva La Beaver!

• Members
  • 15,097 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 12:11 PM

View Postserge, on Thursday, August 19th, 2010, 2:51 PM, said:

Going to watch the Las Vegas 51s take on the Reno Aces in Vegas on Thursday August 26..Fun stuff
Sorry you have to be a participant of this league to post here. :)Playoffs start next Tuesday. You gonna participate?
Steve,

#1937 MapleLeafs

MapleLeafs

FCHL CHAMPION 2008, 2009

• Members
  • 3,229 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 09:55 AM

I guess I'm glad Alex Rodriguez landed on the DL. I doubt my team would have done much damage in the playoffs with the amount of guys I'm down. (Alex Rodriguez, Kendry Morales, Manny Ramirez, Chipper Jones)This will assure that he finishes no higher then Tier 2, and has an outside shot at Tier 3. This was a frustrating season for the Hurricanes, and I hope my team can stay healthy next year.Also Serge, this bet "vs. Serge - $25 - Albert Pujols/Alex Rodriguez vs. Ryan Braun/Chase Utley total Yahoo points (Season) (Min. 290 games played)" is void since Utley missed too much time.
When I go to a fast food restaurant, and my order comes to $6.28, I like to give the cashier $18.71. They look at me and say 'What's this?' and I say 'I'm all in'. They usually fold.

AHL EAST/WEST Conference Champion 2011-12
FCGL Champion 2013

#1938 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

Cheese Salesman

• Members
  • 18,328 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 10:18 AM

View PostMapleLeafs, on Sunday, August 22nd, 2010, 2:55 PM, said:

I guess I'm glad Alex Rodriguez landed on the DL. I doubt my team would have done much damage in the playoffs with the amount of guys I'm down. (Alex Rodriguez, Kendry Morales, Manny Ramirez, Chipper Jones)This will assure that he finishes no higher then Tier 2, and has an outside shot at Tier 3. This was a frustrating season for the Hurricanes, and I hope my team can stay healthy next year.Also Serge, this bet "vs. Serge - $25 - Albert Pujols/Alex Rodriguez vs. Ryan Braun/Chase Utley total Yahoo points (Season) (Min. 290 games played)" is void since Utley missed too much time.
Wow, that is quite the list of guys who have disappointed this season. Pujols has been alright, but not crazy-dominant Pujols.Is it me or has there been a ton of stars hurt this year? When I look at who'll be in the top 2 tiers, it is amazing to me how many stars are missing, mostly due to injuries.Then again, there's always Joe Mauer who is just sickly dominant in the catcher category. It'll hurt to resign him to like $17-$22/year, but how can I not? He has 24% more points than any other catcher this year. That is exagerrated by Posey's short season and Martinez's injury, but still nuts.

#1939 Dubey

Dubey

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 7,415 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 07:49 PM

Looks like I will be going to the jays/yanks game tomorrow night. Woo hoo! Do I need to worry about getting tickets in advance? Or will I be able to buy them at the door.

#1940 serge

serge

• Members
  • 41,501 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 05:51 AM

View PostDubey, on Sunday, August 22nd, 2010, 8:49 PM, said:

Looks like I will be going to the jays/yanks game tomorrow night. Woo hoo! Do I need to worry about getting tickets in advance? Or will I be able to buy them at the door.
You will be able to buy them at the box office.Typical Jays games you can get seats for less than face value from scalpers, however since its the Yankees it probably wont happen.If you go early enough you should get half decent seats from the box office..
GO LEAFS GO

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users