Jump to content


New Challenge: Movin' On Up


  • Please log in to reply
9578 replies to this topic

#9101 CobaltBlue

CobaltBlue

    Post-Apocalyptic Wanderer

  • Members
  • 9,643 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ft Lauderdale, FL
  • Favorite Poker Game:Hold 'Em, Crazy Pineapple, 2-7 TD

Posted 11 February 2012 - 03:21 AM

For the sake of balance, brag post...P3(BB) $300 - VP:80 PFR:40 AF:0.5 W:67|0 STL:100|0 3B:0| CB:100| N:-355 Hands:5P4(MP) $502 - VP:100 PFR:33 AF:0.5 W:100|50 STL: 3B:0| CB:|0 N:-300 Hands:3Me(UTG) $1666.50 - VP:47 PFR:43 AF:2.3 W:17|100 STL:76|67 3B:18|0 CB:75|0 N:1691.30 Hands:51P7(CO) $285 - VP:25 PFR:25 AF: W:0| STL:|100 3B:0| CB: N:-70 Hands:4P8(BTN) $385 - VP:0 PFR:0 AF: W: STL: 3B:0| CB: N:-15 Hands:3P9(SB) $666.30 - VP:37 PFR:25 AF:4.0 W:9|0 STL:50|61 3B:9|33 CB:100|33 N:-963.30 Hands:51Pre Flop: Me(UTG) with [2c,2d]P4(MP) calls 10, Me(UTG) calls 10, P7(CO) raises 55, P8(BTN) folds, P9(SB) calls 50, P3(BB) calls 45, P4(MP) calls 45, Me(UTG) calls 45 Flop: (Qd,2s,4c) (5 players)P9(SB) checks, P3(BB) checks, P4(MP) bets 180, Me(LP) calls 180, P7(LP) folds, P9(SB) raises 611.30, P3(BB) folds, P4(MP) calls 267, Me(LP) calls 431.30 Final:P4(MP) shows [Qc,7c]P9(SB) shows [Ad,Qs]Me(UTG) wins 328.10Me(UTG) wins 1613.50
Seals With Clubs - Bitcoin Poker Room - Easy and Fast Deposits and Cashouts (Open to US)
https://sealswithclu...aff.php?aff=182

#9102 QED

QED

    Poker Forum Groupie

  • Members
  • 856 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:UK
  • Favorite Poker Game:FR Rush cash

Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:14 AM

View Postfighter, on Friday, February 10th, 2012, 5:56 AM, said:

I wouldn't overbet here. Especially vs a reg. This is the classic fish with quads line. c/c flop, check turn, realise that the pot is as small as their poker ability and over bet. I just never see this getting a call. If you handed me AA in this situation and you overbet in this spot, I would fold 100% of the time. Just value bet.

View PostCobaltBlue, on Friday, February 10th, 2012, 9:15 AM, said:

Concur. The best places to overbet are against fish in less standard spots.
I guess I'm wrong but I would have thought that even a reg at 25NL would still be bad enough to just click call because they have a boat here.

#9103 SuperJon

SuperJon

    <3

  • Members
  • 6,346 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Florida

Posted 11 February 2012 - 05:13 PM

View PostCobaltBlue, on Wednesday, February 8th, 2012, 6:01 AM, said:

I called down three streets with AT-high the other day. =)To be fair, it wasn't too difficult...2/4 HU...I raise :ts :club: to $12, villain calls...flop :5c :4h :jh...he bets $4, I call...Turn :qh...he bets $16, I call...River :3h...he bets $20, I call...he flips 87o.
k so mine's only 2 streetsMerge - $0.04 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 playersHand converted by PokerTracker 3: http://www.pokertracker.comSB: $3.23BB: $1.68Hero (UTG): $5.00MP: $9.62CO: $0.59BTN: $6.03SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.04Pre Flop: ($0.06) Hero has Ac 8cHero raises to $0.12, fold, fold, fold, SB calls $0.10, foldFlop: ($0.28, 2 players) 5s Qc JhSB checks, Hero checksTurn: ($0.28, 2 players) JdSB bets $0.21, Hero calls $0.21River: ($0.70, 2 players) KcSB bets $0.52, Hero calls $0.52SB shows 7s 9c (One Pair, Jacks) (Pre 37%, Flop 23%, Turn 14%)Hero shows Ac 8c (One Pair, Jacks) (Pre 63%, Flop 77%, Turn 86%)Hero wins $1.66

#9104 SuperJon

SuperJon

    <3

  • Members
  • 6,346 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Florida

Posted 11 February 2012 - 07:46 PM

purty good dayPosted ImagePosted Image

#9105 fighter

fighter

    2009 Year of the grind

  • Members
  • 2,761 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Queensland, Australia

Posted 11 February 2012 - 08:42 PM

View PostSuperJon, on Sunday, February 12th, 2012, 1:46 PM, said:

purty good day
Posted Image

#9106 meservery

meservery

    I've climbed the stairway to maturity!

  • Members
  • 1,539 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Some Place Awesome
  • Interests:Hermione Granger, Luna Lovegood, Cho Chang, etc.
  • Favorite Poker Game:PLO

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:54 AM

View Postfighter, on Friday, February 10th, 2012, 10:36 AM, said:

I am subscribed to a youtube channel where a lady does piano covers of rock songs. http://www.youtube.c...ature=watch#g/uColdplay: clocksMuse - Butterflies and HurricanesLynyrd Skynyrd - Free BirdShe does a lot of really heavy metal too, which I think is awesome. Slipknot - Before I ForgetSystem Of A Down - Toxicity I see uriah heep, pantera, slayer , metallica, megadeth , Black Sabbath, nirvana, perfect circle, korn.
I'm subscribed to her channel as well. Its so sick how you can only barely see her hand during parts of "Toxicity."

#9107 DiamondDixie

DiamondDixie

    Poker Forum Groupie

  • Members
  • 914 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Chillin' in Meereen
  • Interests:Poker
  • Favorite Poker Game:NLH

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:32 AM

Cash grind is going pretty well, started with $11.50 on Carbon on Jan. 10 one month later have $188, mostly from cash games but about but $53 of it came from a couple of MTT deep runs in the $11 $750 gtd super turbo luckboxament (I was staked for 2 of them so that's why the profit is so low). I've moved up to 10NL with a strict stop loss since I'm not too well rolled for it yet. Thoughts on this hand please: I have 143 hands on villain at 41/34/3bet 10% so since he's so loose and I was MP with so many left to act I felt a 3 bet was best here. As for post I don't see getting away from top two but I wanted some opinions on pre and post actions. Merge - $0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 playersHand converted by PokerTracker 4BB: $9.05UTG: $11.02Hero (MP): $10.87CO: $10.00BTN: $25.18SB: $10.97SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has K:diamond: A:diamond: UTG raises to $0.35, Hero raises to $1.00, fold, fold, fold, fold, UTG calls $0.65Flop: ($2.15, 2 players) A:heart: K:heart: J:spade: UTG checks, Hero bets $1.43, UTG raises to $3.50, Hero raises to $9.87 and is all-in, UTG calls $6.37

#9108 fighter

fighter

    2009 Year of the grind

  • Members
  • 2,761 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Queensland, Australia

Posted 13 February 2012 - 04:42 AM

View Postmeservery, on Monday, February 13th, 2012, 6:54 PM, said:

I'm subscribed to her channel as well. Its so sick how you can only barely see her hand during parts of "Toxicity."
I think I have found her most impressive song. Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody4 minutes in she just cuts sick. It really is a thing of beauty

View PostDiamondDixie, on Monday, February 13th, 2012, 7:32 PM, said:

Cash grind is going pretty well, started with $11.50 on Carbon on Jan. 10 one month later have $188, mostly from cash games but about but $53 of it came from a couple of MTT deep runs in the $11 $750 gtd super turbo luckboxament (I was staked for 2 of them so that's why the profit is so low). I've moved up to 10NL with a strict stop loss since I'm not too well rolled for it yet. Thoughts on this hand please: I have 143 hands on villain at 41/34/3bet 10% so since he's so loose and I was MP with so many left to act I felt a 3 bet was best here. As for post I don't see getting away from top two but I wanted some opinions on pre and post actions. Merge - $0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 playersHand converted by PokerTracker 4BB: $9.05UTG: $11.02Hero (MP): $10.87CO: $10.00BTN: $25.18SB: $10.97SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has K:diamond: A:diamond: UTG raises to $0.35, Hero raises to $1.00, fold, fold, fold, fold, UTG calls $0.65Flop: ($2.15, 2 players) A:heart: K:heart: J:spade: UTG checks, Hero bets $1.43, UTG raises to $3.50, Hero raises to $9.87 and is all-in, UTG calls $6.37
I think the way you played this hand is optimal. If you had a tight image and had not been 3 betting him at all, I could see justification for only calling in this situation. Since 3 betting him here UTG vs UTG+1 with a really tight image allows him to play perfectly against you. I wouldn't be afraid of playing AKs multi way. It make TPTK every time you pair and If you do flop a flush draw, you either have at MINIMUM, 2 overcards+ flush draw. By it being a single raise pot you greatly increase the chance of over flushing an opponent and having nut straight vs 98. The vast majority of flops that you don't flop a draw on, you can float anyway since the two big scare cards in which the PFR will continue to bet on (Ace, King) give you TPTK. I still think 3 betting is optimal. However as long as you play smart post flop, having AKs can never be a bad thing.

#9109 bat

bat

    Poker Forum Newbie

  • Members
  • 61 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:North Kakalaki
  • Favorite Poker Game:NLHE

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:42 AM

View PostCobaltBlue, on Saturday, February 11th, 2012, 12:37 AM, said:

Feels like I'm swinging all over the place these days.Also, by popular request, here are a couple of silly hands for bat from yesterday's marathon...Bovada 5/10 NLHE (3-handed)Cobalt $1850BB $412Cobalt is Button with :5c :D. BB seems to be a fish.Pre-flop:Cobalt raises to $30, 1 fold, BB callsFlop ($65): :club: :D :qh (2 players)BB checks, Cobalt bets $40, BB callsTurn ($145): :3h (2 players)BB checks, Cobalt bets $106, BB callsRiver ($357): :ts (2 players)BB checks, Cobalt bets $236, BB callsBB shows :4h :jcBB wins $827Same opponent a few hands later...Bovada 5/10 NLHE (3-handed)SB $802Cobalt $1343Cobalt is BB with :jh :D. SB abhors folding pre-flop and likes to donk flops and just do other crazy dumb things.Pre-flop:1 fold, SB calls, Cobalt raises to $40, SB callsFlop ($80): :D :3h :4h (2 players)SB bets $50, Cobalt raises to $190, SB raises to $400, Cobalt goes all-in, SB calls all-inTurn ($1604): :5c (2 players)River ($1604): :ts (2 players)SB shows :club: :9hSB wins $1604At the time, I was pretty frustrated.
Ouch! That first guy sounds like a calling station though...very useful in the long run! I'm sure he had no idea where he stood the whole time. That second guy (same guy?) just got totally lucky on the flop or I'm sure you would've had the opportunity to out play him! Well, thanks for posting these man....at least I know your human now! :qh

#9110 SuperJon

SuperJon

    <3

  • Members
  • 6,346 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Florida

Posted 13 February 2012 - 05:57 PM

Merge - $0.04 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 4 playersHand converted by PokerTracker 3: http://www.pokertracker.comBB: $4.44UTG: $2.53SB: $4.00Hero (BB): $4.05SB posts SB $0.02, Hero posts BB $0.04Pre Flop: ($0.06) Hero has As Jcfold, fold, SB raises to $0.12, Hero calls $0.08Flop: ($0.24, 2 players) 9c 4c 8dSB checks, Hero bets $0.18, SB calls $0.18Turn: ($0.60, 2 players) 8hSB checks, Hero checksRiver: ($0.60, 2 players) 7cSB checks, Hero bets $0.92, foldHero wins $0.57

#9111 KingJames

KingJames

    <ēj))))><

  • Members
  • 5,527 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Colorado
  • Favorite Poker Game:6max cash

Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:02 PM

Whatcha reppin'?I prob get curious and call 9x+ and vs 4nl fish they prob just call a lot too...
Spoolios custom fit sports

If you wanna keep your rep up, you know you gotta step up
Tough times never last, but tough people do
blog: 1/1 2011 results/2012 goals

#9112 KingJames

KingJames

    <ēj))))><

  • Members
  • 5,527 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Colorado
  • Favorite Poker Game:6max cash

Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:08 PM

Like when you check back turn he is likely going to value bet his strong-ish hands on the river and the rest of his range is likely to be check/folding; so I thinks a normal size bet is going to be as effective. And then you don't lose as much when he is quad'd up and is praying for you to bet...When you are bluffing I think you want to keep a lot of value hands in your range and over betting doesn't really accomplish that.. you rep like 99, 98 etc. You never take this line with QQ right? Do you even over-bet a flush that you checked back the draw on the turn?meh, I dunno
Spoolios custom fit sports

If you wanna keep your rep up, you know you gotta step up
Tough times never last, but tough people do
blog: 1/1 2011 results/2012 goals

#9113 SuperJon

SuperJon

    <3

  • Members
  • 6,346 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Florida

Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:09 PM

He was a reg. Against a fish I reckon I just give up on turn.Reppin' a flush Although I would occasionally have a FH here as well.

#9114 KingJames

KingJames

    <ēj))))><

  • Members
  • 5,527 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Colorado
  • Favorite Poker Game:6max cash

Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:18 PM

When he raises pre and check calls the flop he likely has weak showdown value; AX or a small pair or something. I think barreling the turn with your flush draws will be >>>> checking them back.
Spoolios custom fit sports

If you wanna keep your rep up, you know you gotta step up
Tough times never last, but tough people do
blog: 1/1 2011 results/2012 goals

#9115 SuperJon

SuperJon

    <3

  • Members
  • 6,346 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Florida

Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:22 PM

View PostKingJames, on Monday, February 13th, 2012, 9:08 PM, said:

Like when you check back turn he is likely going to value bet his strong-ish hands on the river and the rest of his range is likely to be check/folding; so I thinks a normal size bet is going to be as effective. And then you don't lose as much when he is quad'd up and is praying for you to bet...When you are bluffing I think you want to keep a lot of value hands in your range and over betting doesn't really accomplish that.. you rep like 99, 98 etc. You never take this line with QQ right? Do you even over-bet a flush that you checked back the draw on the turn?meh, I dunno
Good points. My thoughts in hand when he checked the river were that his range is mostly bluff catchers. I didn't think he'd check there with nutted hands with the exception of quads. I thought the overbet had a higher chance of getting his bluff catchers to fold.Against certain opponents [not this one in particular] I would definitely over bet some of the weaker hands in my value range. Not necessarily on this board, because I think an overbet on this board is extremely polarizing.

#9116 KingJames

KingJames

    <ēj))))><

  • Members
  • 5,527 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Colorado
  • Favorite Poker Game:6max cash

Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:26 PM

View PostSuperJon, on Monday, February 13th, 2012, 7:22 PM, said:

Good points. My thoughts in hand when he checked the river were that his range is mostly bluff catchers. I didn't think he'd check there with nutted hands with the exception of quads. I thought the overbet had a higher chance of getting his bluff catchers to fold.Against certain opponents [not this one in particular] I would definitely over bet some of the weaker hands in my value range. Not necessarily on this board, because I think an overbet on this board is extremely polarizing.
Agree, a normal bet he prob calls with 67 and folds to a over bet. I think he is calling 9x regardless of sizing bc it's BvB and you rep super thin
Spoolios custom fit sports

If you wanna keep your rep up, you know you gotta step up
Tough times never last, but tough people do
blog: 1/1 2011 results/2012 goals

#9117 SuperJon

SuperJon

    <3

  • Members
  • 6,346 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Florida

Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:34 PM

View PostKingJames, on Monday, February 13th, 2012, 9:18 PM, said:

When he raises pre and check calls the flop he likely has weak showdown value; AX or a small pair or something. I think barreling the turn with your flush draws will be >>>> checking them back.
But isn't it cheaper to check back those hands and bluff rivers when checked too? I mean when we barrel the turn, and they call, then we almost have to bet the river whether we hit or miss.

#9118 DiamondDixie

DiamondDixie

    Poker Forum Groupie

  • Members
  • 914 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Chillin' in Meereen
  • Interests:Poker
  • Favorite Poker Game:NLH

Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:45 PM

View Postfighter, on Monday, February 13th, 2012, 7:42 AM, said:

I think the way you played this hand is optimal. If you had a tight image and had not been 3 betting him at all, I could see justification for only calling in this situation. Since 3 betting him here UTG vs UTG+1 with a really tight image allows him to play perfectly against you. I wouldn't be afraid of playing AKs multi way. It make TPTK every time you pair and If you do flop a flush draw, you either have at MINIMUM, 2 overcards+ flush draw. By it being a single raise pot you greatly increase the chance of over flushing an opponent and having nut straight vs 98. The vast majority of flops that you don't flop a draw on, you can float anyway since the two big scare cards in which the PFR will continue to bet on (Ace, King) give you TPTK. I still think 3 betting is optimal. However as long as you play smart post flop, having AKs can never be a bad thing.
I three bet a reasonable amount I'm 23/18 with 7% 3 bet and 2.5 AF and having over 140 hands with villain I'm sure he's seen enough 3 betting from me not to fold most decent hands. Post flop I felt he had 2 hands that beat me QT, which isn't very likely, and JJ, since he didn't 4 bet pre I didn't think he had KK or AA although I can't completely rule it out, but he had many more hands that I beat such as AQ, AJ and even KJ as well as flush draws so I felt getting it all in on the flop was best.Someone I know argued me down that the 3 bet pre wasn't optimal and I disagree so that's why I wanted opinions from you guys.

#9119 KingJames

KingJames

    <ēj))))><

  • Members
  • 5,527 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Colorado
  • Favorite Poker Game:6max cash

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:45 PM

View PostDiamondDixie, on Monday, February 13th, 2012, 7:45 PM, said:

I three bet a reasonable amount I'm 23/18 with 7% 3 bet and 2.5 AF and having over 140 hands with villain I'm sure he's seen enough 3 betting from me not to fold most decent hands. Post flop I felt he had 2 hands that beat me QT, which isn't very likely, and JJ, since he didn't 4 bet pre I didn't think he had KK or AA although I can't completely rule it out, but he had many more hands that I beat such as AQ, AJ and even KJ as well as flush draws so I felt getting it all in on the flop was best.Someone I know argued me down that the 3 bet pre wasn't optimal and I disagree so that's why I wanted opinions from you guys.
vs that particular villain a 3b pre is certainly optimal and I think after that the hand plays it self. Good analysis from both you and fighter, nh
Spoolios custom fit sports

If you wanna keep your rep up, you know you gotta step up
Tough times never last, but tough people do
blog: 1/1 2011 results/2012 goals

#9120 CobaltBlue

CobaltBlue

    Post-Apocalyptic Wanderer

  • Members
  • 9,643 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ft Lauderdale, FL
  • Favorite Poker Game:Hold 'Em, Crazy Pineapple, 2-7 TD

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:51 PM

Was going to play poker tonight...then noticed Bovada gave me a casino matching bonus for $214...so I grinded Blackjack for about 4 hours and made $480 overall.
Seals With Clubs - Bitcoin Poker Room - Easy and Fast Deposits and Cashouts (Open to US)
https://sealswithclu...aff.php?aff=182




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users