Jump to content


New Challenge: Movin' On Up


  • Please log in to reply
9578 replies to this topic

#2541 KingJames

KingJames

    <ēj))))><

  • Members
  • 5,524 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Colorado
  • Favorite Poker Game:6max cash

Posted 19 May 2010 - 05:00 PM

Sigh... back to battle after dinner! Mexican food ftwPosted Imageonce a cow has a taste for violence, it reverts. it becomes feral.Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.10/$0.25 - 5 playersButton fouinny313: $16.45 SB hughesj1982: $10.55 BB FLOMASTER11: $27.27 UTG Elsoldadodelsol: $36.97 CO Hero: $25.00 Preflop: ($0.35) Hero is CO with Posted Image Posted Image (5 players)Elsoldadodelsol folds, Hero raises to $0.75, fouinny313 calls $0.75, hughesj1982 calls $0.65, FLOMASTER11 calls $0.50Flop: ($3.00) Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image (4 players)hughesj1982 checks, FLOMASTER11 checks, Hero bets $1.50, fouinny313 folds, hughesj1982 raises to $9.80, and is all in, FLOMASTER11 calls $9.80, Hero raises to $24.25, and is all in, FLOMASTER11 calls $14.45Turn: ($61.30) Posted Image (3 players)River: ($61.30) Posted Image (3 players)hughesj1982 showed Posted Image Posted Image, and lost with a pair of TensFLOMASTER11 showed Posted Image Posted Image, and won ($58.30) with a full house, Tens full of EightsHero showed Posted Image Posted Image, and lost with three of a kind, TensFLOMASTER11 won $58.30(Rake: $3)
Spoolios custom fit sports

If you wanna keep your rep up, you know you gotta step up
Tough times never last, but tough people do
blog: 1/1 2011 results/2012 goals

#2542 KingJames

KingJames

    <ēj))))><

  • Members
  • 5,524 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Colorado
  • Favorite Poker Game:6max cash

Posted 19 May 2010 - 05:01 PM

I was like, okay, who has 66 when the cards got flipped... oh, wow I'm ahead
Spoolios custom fit sports

If you wanna keep your rep up, you know you gotta step up
Tough times never last, but tough people do
blog: 1/1 2011 results/2012 goals

#2543 droberts

droberts

    Poker Forum Groupie

  • Members
  • 656 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:usa
  • Interests:my family, hunting, fishing, and of course, poker.
  • Favorite Poker Game:texas holdem

Posted 19 May 2010 - 05:02 PM

lets calm down here guys.. this is for strat and stuff.. no need to get in a e-fightand poker student, not trying to attack u, but ninja ace is an accomplished winner at microstakes poker.although i dont agree with all his advice, he generally knows what he is talking about.

#2544 KosinTrouble

KosinTrouble

    Poker Forum Groupie

  • Members
  • 669 posts
  • Location:Frozen Tundra of the North

Posted 19 May 2010 - 05:04 PM

View Postpoker student, on Wednesday, May 19th, 2010, 6:46 PM, said:

**** offYour experience is so good that you don't even know that at 10NL or below the rake is next to nothing on stars dumb ass. Your such a pro who are you again? Your an ass hole that has his head up his ass. stars has rake back but your so smart you already knew that not. Also your wrong about the MGR I checked what a joke. Another dumb **** that can't beat the low limits so they think they have to play short or have rake back. What a wast of time. If you such a big time pro then why are you in the micro thread? I have played on more then one site. I can see this is a wast of time so I'm moving on from the site. I feel sorry for anyone that listens to you.
Actually the rake at any site is stupid high at microstakes... The fact is you get a good chunk of it back with rakeback. Sadly, Pokerstars does not have rakeback, they have thier VIP system which unless you are Nova level or higher it cannot match the money you get back from a rakeback site.Just because someone makes a living at poker does not mean he is a well known person like the ones you see on TV. There are thousands of people that make a living playing poker and who are not famous. The reason he is in this forum is because he just might be friends with a bunch of the people that post here in this thread. Kosin Trouble

#2545 poker student

poker student

    Poker Forum Newbie

  • Members
  • 17 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:NL Hold'em

Posted 19 May 2010 - 05:15 PM

View PostKosinTrouble, on Wednesday, May 19th, 2010, 8:04 PM, said:

Actually the rake at any site is stupid high at microstakes... The fact is you get a good chunk of it back with rakeback. Sadly, Pokerstars does not have rakeback, they have thier VIP system which unless you are Nova level or higher it cannot match the money you get back from a rakeback site.Just because someone makes a living at poker does not mean he is a well known person like the ones you see on TV. There are thousands of people that make a living playing poker and who are not famous. The reason he is in this forum is because he just might be friends with a bunch of the people that post here in this thread. Kosin Trouble
You only need to be a silver star (2nd lowest) to get rake back through their system. I would hate to see what you think is high then because $0.10 out of $3 is very low. Don't ever play live then.
The fundamental theorem of poker:

Every time you play a hand differently from the way you would have played it if you could see all your opponents' cards, they gain; and every time you play your hand the same way you would have played it if you could see all their cards, they lose. Conversely, every time opponents play their hands differently from the way they would have if they could see all your cards, you gain; and every time they play their hands the same way they would have played if they could see all your cards, you lose.

by David Sklansky

#2546 KosinTrouble

KosinTrouble

    Poker Forum Groupie

  • Members
  • 669 posts
  • Location:Frozen Tundra of the North

Posted 19 May 2010 - 05:39 PM

View Postpoker student, on Wednesday, May 19th, 2010, 7:15 PM, said:

You only need to be a silver star (2nd lowest) to get rake back through their system. I would hate to see what you think is high then because $0.10 out of $3 is very low. Don't ever play live then.
Pokerstars is actually .05 per $1 in the pot to a max of $3 in No Limit games with 6-9 players. So if you shove your $10 thats $1 that goes to the rake(if villian calls shove). So yes I do consider that a fair amount.Because I am currently at ps, I am curious on what you mean by you can qualify for rakeback once you hit silver.Kosin Trouble

#2547 Ninja Ace

Ninja Ace

    Don't fold anything to me and profit

  • Members
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 06:04 PM

View Postpoker student, on Wednesday, May 19th, 2010, 5:15 PM, said:

You only need to be a silver star (2nd lowest) to get rake back through their system. I would hate to see what you think is high then because $0.10 out of $3 is very low. Don't ever play live then.
Their VIP is not rakeback... it's a bonus system. And you'll get about 5-10% at silverstar... and it will take a while to get even the 5000pt $50 bonus. You pretty much need to be supernova or supernova elite to actually beat out the rakeback systems at other sites.AP/UB is probably your best bet... since you aren't playing high enough yet to get destroyed the extra rake at their BBJ tables, you can get 30% RB... you have basically unlimited albeit slowly releasing bonus dollars, and their points are pretty much worth a penny per point with the point exchange, since it's unlikely you put enough volume in a month to max it out.FT is your next best bet bc you get weekly RB at 27%, which can help give you that extra umph to take a shot higher a fortnight earlier. The action is pretty decent at the micros although you'll have to table select a little bit.And actually, since the rake has a cap in dollar amounts, not percentage, rake hurts the most in the micros. You need to be playing at at least $50NL before you start seeing a significant rake reduction due to the cap.p.s. if you're going to try to make me look like an ass then at least get your grade school grammar down
Idiot Savant Extraordinaire


QUOTE (QED @ Monday, May 24th, 2010, 2:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just got slow rolled by some random with aces, time to take an automatic weapon to the nearest crowded public space.


QUOTE (BaseJester)
"Mixing it up" doesn't magically rationalize anything you do. It's like you walk up to a pencil sharpener, pencil in hand, and think, "Everyone expects me to sharpen this pencil, but I'm going to mix it up." Then you whip out your cock and sharpen that instead and yell, "Ha ha, bitches, you never saw that coming!" Well, no, they didn't. But you still have a dull pencil and bleeding dick.

#2548 Ninja Ace

Ninja Ace

    Don't fold anything to me and profit

  • Members
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 06:08 PM

View PostKingJames, on Wednesday, May 19th, 2010, 5:00 PM, said:

Sigh... back to battle after dinner! Mexican food ftwPosted Imageonce a cow has a taste for violence, it reverts. it becomes feral.Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.10/$0.25 - 5 playersButton fouinny313: $16.45 SB hughesj1982: $10.55 BB FLOMASTER11: $27.27 UTG Elsoldadodelsol: $36.97 CO Hero: $25.00 Preflop: ($0.35) Hero is CO with Posted Image Posted Image (5 players)Elsoldadodelsol folds, Hero raises to $0.75, fouinny313 calls $0.75, hughesj1982 calls $0.65, FLOMASTER11 calls $0.50Flop: ($3.00) Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image (4 players)hughesj1982 checks, FLOMASTER11 checks, Hero bets $1.50, fouinny313 folds, hughesj1982 raises to $9.80, and is all in, FLOMASTER11 calls $9.80, Hero raises to $24.25, and is all in, FLOMASTER11 calls $14.45Turn: ($61.30) Posted Image (3 players)River: ($61.30) Posted Image (3 players)hughesj1982 showed Posted Image Posted Image, and lost with a pair of TensFLOMASTER11 showed Posted Image Posted Image, and won ($58.30) with a full house, Tens full of EightsHero showed Posted Image Posted Image, and lost with three of a kind, TensFLOMASTER11 won $58.30(Rake: $3)
How do you re-shove with only 2nd kicker there you donk :-pI bet you were expecting running aces when the cards were flipped
Idiot Savant Extraordinaire


QUOTE (QED @ Monday, May 24th, 2010, 2:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just got slow rolled by some random with aces, time to take an automatic weapon to the nearest crowded public space.


QUOTE (BaseJester)
"Mixing it up" doesn't magically rationalize anything you do. It's like you walk up to a pencil sharpener, pencil in hand, and think, "Everyone expects me to sharpen this pencil, but I'm going to mix it up." Then you whip out your cock and sharpen that instead and yell, "Ha ha, bitches, you never saw that coming!" Well, no, they didn't. But you still have a dull pencil and bleeding dick.

#2549 babylondonks

babylondonks

    I have had a perfectly wonderful evening

  • Members
  • 4,104 posts
  • Location:but this wasn't it.

Posted 19 May 2010 - 06:23 PM

The only thing I have won at in the last week is rush 100PLO, which I played for 5 minutes just before and won $300

#2550 Ninja Ace

Ninja Ace

    Don't fold anything to me and profit

  • Members
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 06:27 PM

View PostKingJames, on Wednesday, May 19th, 2010, 4:59 PM, said:

Results aside, we cool with jamming the turn?
Don't really see another option tbh... there are definitely worse cards than a ten as well
Idiot Savant Extraordinaire


QUOTE (QED @ Monday, May 24th, 2010, 2:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just got slow rolled by some random with aces, time to take an automatic weapon to the nearest crowded public space.


QUOTE (BaseJester)
"Mixing it up" doesn't magically rationalize anything you do. It's like you walk up to a pencil sharpener, pencil in hand, and think, "Everyone expects me to sharpen this pencil, but I'm going to mix it up." Then you whip out your cock and sharpen that instead and yell, "Ha ha, bitches, you never saw that coming!" Well, no, they didn't. But you still have a dull pencil and bleeding dick.

#2551 KingJames

KingJames

    <ēj))))><

  • Members
  • 5,524 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Colorado
  • Favorite Poker Game:6max cash

Posted 19 May 2010 - 06:28 PM

View PostNinja Ace, on Wednesday, May 19th, 2010, 8:27 PM, said:

Don't really see another option tbh... there are definitely worse cards than a ten as well
true on all accounts... and I need to c/r largerThat hand was going on during the KT hand and I didn't think it through enough
Spoolios custom fit sports

If you wanna keep your rep up, you know you gotta step up
Tough times never last, but tough people do
blog: 1/1 2011 results/2012 goals

#2552 Ninja Ace

Ninja Ace

    Don't fold anything to me and profit

  • Members
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 06:34 PM

View PostKingJames, on Wednesday, May 19th, 2010, 6:28 PM, said:

true on all accounts... and I need to c/r larger
How do you figure? I like the size considering it makes it really hard for him to fold anything and leaves almost exactly a psb left.I mean, pricing out draws has its merrits and stuff... but with people uberfastplaying almost every draw now I tend to try to get value from other handsJust cuz you lost the hand and shoved when you were behind doesn't mean you did anything incorrectly
Idiot Savant Extraordinaire


QUOTE (QED @ Monday, May 24th, 2010, 2:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just got slow rolled by some random with aces, time to take an automatic weapon to the nearest crowded public space.


QUOTE (BaseJester)
"Mixing it up" doesn't magically rationalize anything you do. It's like you walk up to a pencil sharpener, pencil in hand, and think, "Everyone expects me to sharpen this pencil, but I'm going to mix it up." Then you whip out your cock and sharpen that instead and yell, "Ha ha, bitches, you never saw that coming!" Well, no, they didn't. But you still have a dull pencil and bleeding dick.

#2553 poker student

poker student

    Poker Forum Newbie

  • Members
  • 17 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:NL Hold'em

Posted 19 May 2010 - 07:12 PM

View PostKosinTrouble, on Wednesday, May 19th, 2010, 8:39 PM, said:

Pokerstars is actually .05 per $1 in the pot to a max of $3 in No Limit games with 6-9 players. So if you shove your $10 thats $1 that goes to the rake(if villian calls shove). So yes I do consider that a fair amount.Because I am currently at ps, I am curious on what you mean by you can qualify for rakeback once you hit silver.Kosin Trouble
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (7 handed) - Poker-Stars Hand Converter from HandHistoryConverter.comTotal pot: $3.05 | Rake: $0.10
The fundamental theorem of poker:

Every time you play a hand differently from the way you would have played it if you could see all your opponents' cards, they gain; and every time you play your hand the same way you would have played it if you could see all their cards, they lose. Conversely, every time opponents play their hands differently from the way they would have if they could see all your cards, you gain; and every time they play their hands the same way they would have played if they could see all your cards, you lose.

by David Sklansky

#2554 Ninja Ace

Ninja Ace

    Don't fold anything to me and profit

  • Members
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 07:14 PM

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (7 handed) - Poker-Stars Hand Converter from HandHistoryConverter.comUTG ($12.50)MP1 ($7.05)MP2 ($8.85)Hero (CO) ($11.40)Button ($10)SB ($13.95)BB ($26.75)Preflop: Hero is CO with KPosted Image, KPosted Image1 fold, MP1 bets $0.30, MP2 calls $0.30, Hero raises to $1.20, 4 folds, MP2 calls $0.90Flop: ($2.85) 3Posted Image, QPosted Image, 5Posted Image (2 players)MP2 bets $0.10, Hero raises to $2.85, 1 foldTotal pot: $3.05 | Rake: $10.10Wow we played almost exactly the same hand! difference is I lost money on the hand to the rake :(nice try though
Idiot Savant Extraordinaire


QUOTE (QED @ Monday, May 24th, 2010, 2:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just got slow rolled by some random with aces, time to take an automatic weapon to the nearest crowded public space.


QUOTE (BaseJester)
"Mixing it up" doesn't magically rationalize anything you do. It's like you walk up to a pencil sharpener, pencil in hand, and think, "Everyone expects me to sharpen this pencil, but I'm going to mix it up." Then you whip out your cock and sharpen that instead and yell, "Ha ha, bitches, you never saw that coming!" Well, no, they didn't. But you still have a dull pencil and bleeding dick.

#2555 poker student

poker student

    Poker Forum Newbie

  • Members
  • 17 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:NL Hold'em

Posted 19 May 2010 - 07:27 PM

View PostNinja Ace, on Wednesday, May 19th, 2010, 9:04 PM, said:

Their VIP is not rakeback... it's a bonus system. And you'll get about 5-10% at silverstar... and it will take a while to get even the 5000pt $50 bonus. You pretty much need to be supernova or supernova elite to actually beat out the rakeback systems at other sites.AP/UB is probably your best bet... since you aren't playing high enough yet to get destroyed the extra rake at their BBJ tables, you can get 30% RB... you have basically unlimited albeit slowly releasing bonus dollars, and their points are pretty much worth a penny per point with the point exchange, since it's unlikely you put enough volume in a month to max it out.FT is your next best bet bc you get weekly RB at 27%, which can help give you that extra umph to take a shot higher a fortnight earlier. The action is pretty decent at the micros although you'll have to table select a little bit.And actually, since the rake has a cap in dollar amounts, not percentage, rake hurts the most in the micros. You need to be playing at at least $50NL before you start seeing a significant rake reduction due to the cap.p.s. if you're going to try to make me look like an ass then at least get your grade school grammar down
Victory Poker Rakeback 40% Rakeback at Victory Poker Cellsino Poker Rakeback 40% Rakeback at Cellsino PokerFat Bet Poker Rakeback 40% Rakeback at Fat Bet PokerMinted Poker Rakeback 40% Rakeback at Minted PokerThose aren't even the sites that offer 35%.At 50NL Weekly rakeback $3.6 My RB would be even less.
The fundamental theorem of poker:

Every time you play a hand differently from the way you would have played it if you could see all your opponents' cards, they gain; and every time you play your hand the same way you would have played it if you could see all their cards, they lose. Conversely, every time opponents play their hands differently from the way they would have if they could see all your cards, you gain; and every time they play their hands the same way they would have played if they could see all your cards, you lose.

by David Sklansky

#2556 hartman72

hartman72

    Poker Forum Nut

  • Members
  • 349 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:ohio

Posted 19 May 2010 - 07:51 PM

View PostNinja Ace, on Wednesday, May 19th, 2010, 7:14 PM, said:

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (7 handed) - Poker-Stars Hand Converter from HandHistoryConverter.comUTG ($12.50)MP1 ($7.05)MP2 ($8.85)Hero (CO) ($11.40)Button ($10)SB ($13.95)BB ($26.75)Preflop: Hero is CO with KPosted Image, KPosted Image1 fold, MP1 bets $0.30, MP2 calls $0.30, Hero raises to $1.20, 4 folds, MP2 calls $0.90Flop: ($2.85) 3Posted Image, QPosted Image, 5Posted Image (2 players)MP2 bets $0.10, Hero raises to $2.85, 1 foldTotal pot: $3.05 | Rake: $10.10Wow we played almost exactly the same hand! difference is I lost money on the hand to the rake :(nice try though
That would be a reraise

#2557 Ninja Ace

Ninja Ace

    Don't fold anything to me and profit

  • Members
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 08:17 PM

This has got to be a troll account. I refuse to believe anybody is that stupidand if you're real... i hope you deposit on a Pitbull type site kidDID YOU HEAR?????!!!!!11111onehundredelevenWWW.ISWEARWEARENOTAFLYBYNIGHTPOKERSITETHATWILLSTEALYOURMOBNIES.COM OFFERS UP TO 400% THAT'S FOUR HUNDRED PERCENT RAKEBACK! ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS GIVE US YOUR SSN, BIRTH CERTIFICATE, PIN NUMBER, DRIVERS LICENSE NUMBER, AND MOTHERS MAIDEN NAME AND YOU'RE IN FOR THE PROGRAM. THIS IS A LIMITED TIME OFFER BECAUSE YOU ARE THE 1526425823409TH PERSON TO VISIT OUR SITE. CHECK YOUR INBOX, WE SENT YOU FIVE GAGILLION EMAILS FROM UNRECOGNIZABLE SOURCES!
Idiot Savant Extraordinaire


QUOTE (QED @ Monday, May 24th, 2010, 2:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just got slow rolled by some random with aces, time to take an automatic weapon to the nearest crowded public space.


QUOTE (BaseJester)
"Mixing it up" doesn't magically rationalize anything you do. It's like you walk up to a pencil sharpener, pencil in hand, and think, "Everyone expects me to sharpen this pencil, but I'm going to mix it up." Then you whip out your cock and sharpen that instead and yell, "Ha ha, bitches, you never saw that coming!" Well, no, they didn't. But you still have a dull pencil and bleeding dick.

#2558 KingJames

KingJames

    <ēj))))><

  • Members
  • 5,524 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Colorado
  • Favorite Poker Game:6max cash

Posted 19 May 2010 - 11:43 PM

I lost 6bi and won 3 back... after 1500 hands of not winning a hand, i won a few... my favorite:Posted ImageThis converter is going to be a cash cow...Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.10/$0.25 - 5 playersBB: $15.72 UTG: $28.71 CO: $26.70 Button: $28.89 (Hero)SB: $31.23 Preflop: ($0.35) Hero is Button with Posted Image Posted Image (5 players)2 folds, Hero raises to $0.65, SB folds, BB calls $0.40Flop: ($1.40) Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image (2 players)BB bets $0.50, Hero raises to $1.50, BB calls $1Turn: ($4.40) Posted Image (2 players)BB checks, Hero bets $2.75, BB calls $2.75River: ($9.90) Posted Image (2 players)BB checks, Hero bets $11, BB calls $10.82, and is all inBB mucked Posted Image Posted ImageHero showed Posted Image Posted Image, and won ($29.97) with a straight, Five highHero won $29.97(Rake: $1.57)One of those rivers at the tail end of a long session where you have to actively count to make sure you have the straight
Spoolios custom fit sports

If you wanna keep your rep up, you know you gotta step up
Tough times never last, but tough people do
blog: 1/1 2011 results/2012 goals

#2559 KingJames

KingJames

    <ēj))))><

  • Members
  • 5,524 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Colorado
  • Favorite Poker Game:6max cash

Posted 19 May 2010 - 11:47 PM

View PostNinja Ace, on Wednesday, May 19th, 2010, 8:34 PM, said:

How do you figure? I like the size considering it makes it really hard for him to fold anything and leaves almost exactly a psb left.I mean, pricing out draws has its merrits and stuff... but with people uberfastplaying almost every draw now I tend to try to get value from other handsJust cuz you lost the hand and shoved when you were behind doesn't mean you did anything incorrectly
Yeah, and if I made it slightly larger, then it's even less compared to the pot and the shove is even easier for him to call if he still has pair + draw or whatev...today was lulz, at the lowest point, I also went to breakeven for the month, then I won some back... oh well back to battle tomorrowPosted Image
Spoolios custom fit sports

If you wanna keep your rep up, you know you gotta step up
Tough times never last, but tough people do
blog: 1/1 2011 results/2012 goals

#2560 QED

QED

    Poker Forum Groupie

  • Members
  • 856 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:UK
  • Favorite Poker Game:FR Rush cash

Posted 20 May 2010 - 03:44 AM

View PostKingJames, on Wednesday, May 19th, 2010, 4:59 PM, said:

Results aside, we cool with jamming the turn? Not the card I wanted to see, but I thought I'd get calls from a lot worse, especially over pairs and 9x combos.. and J9 :club:
I had a similar hand the other day my thoughts is may be there is a slight argument that check/calling a shove is better than shoving. They have to have a hand to call but there is a chance (probably very small) that you can get them to do something totally spazzy if you let them do the shoving. I guess it's player dependent though, if the villain is aggressive or passive.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users