#41 grocery_mony

grocery_mony

^Douchebag^

• Members
  • 9,081 posts
  • Interests:poker,money

Posted 23 April 2010 - 02:54 PM

View Postcoug2828, on Friday, April 23rd, 2010, 11:14 AM, said:

no doubt. especially if Mays is there at 40....could have had the 2 of the top 3 safety's in the draft and not have to worry about that position for a few years. woulda been incredibleHawks had a pretty sweet first round though, all the talking heads on espn are giving them A's.
heh this is the guy I actually had in mind. A fantastic cover safety in the first and a big athletic SS in the second.

#42 coug2828

coug2828

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 03:01 PM

View Postgrocery_mony, on Friday, April 23rd, 2010, 3:54 PM, said:

heh this is the guy I actually had in mind. A fantastic cover safety in the first and a big athletic SS in the second.
hell, he might be there at 60. Claussen might be there too.

#43 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

Forum Entitlist

• Members
  • 24,084 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 03:03 PM

View PostBigDMcGee, on Friday, April 23rd, 2010, 1:02 AM, said:

Minnesota's 100 percent getting claussen.. that's why they traded down. They knew Indy, NO and StL didn't need a qb, so it was safe to trade.
hmmmMaybe 100 percent was too strong.
Posted Image
"We are only wise in knowing that we know nothing"
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

"I'm a basketball player and a businessman, not a Thundercat,"
-Lebron James

#44 grocery_mony

grocery_mony

^Douchebag^

• Members
  • 9,081 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 03:35 PM

Damn I was hoping Gerhart might slip to 60.

#45 grocery_mony

grocery_mony

^Douchebag^

• Members
  • 9,081 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 03:47 PM

Pass rush is such a screaming need they probally go in that direction. Everson Griffen?

#46 coug2828

coug2828

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 03:52 PM

View Postgrocery_mony, on Friday, April 23rd, 2010, 4:47 PM, said:

Pass rush is such a screaming need they probally go in that direction. Everson Griffen?
was just about to say that. if he's there definitely.

#47 grocery_mony

grocery_mony

^Douchebag^

• Members
  • 9,081 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 04:31 PM

meh another small receiver. Hopefully this is the one the breaks through and becomes a top 2 guy. Branch is probally gone now.

#48 coug2828

coug2828

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 07:37 PM

it was either best de, wr or rb available i think and Tate graded out best probably. he's solid, i'm stoked with our draft so far

#49 TRB05

TRB05

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 844 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 02:57 AM

View Postcoug2828, on Friday, April 23rd, 2010, 1:14 PM, said:

no doubt. especially if Mays is there at 40....could have had the 2 of the top 3 safety's in the draft and not have to worry about that position for a few years. woulda been incredibleHawks had a pretty sweet first round though, all the talking heads on espn are giving them A's.
Not that I disagree in this particular case, but they almost always give top grades to teams with multiple first round picks. Except the Broncos

#50 grocery_mony

grocery_mony

^Douchebag^

• Members
  • 9,081 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 06:34 AM

Good trade. Excelent value for moving down 7 spots in the 4th and 9 spots in the 6th. Good change of pace from Forsett.

#51 grocery_mony

grocery_mony

^Douchebag^

• Members
  • 9,081 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 08:30 AM

Now Leon Washington. Very good moves for proven guys giving up crapshoot picks. Carrol looked pumped.

#52 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,896 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:5/10 NLHE (100 max buy in)

Posted 24 April 2010 - 08:34 AM

View PostTRB05, on Saturday, April 24th, 2010, 6:57 AM, said:

Not that I disagree in this particular case, but they almost always give top grades to teams with multiple first round picks. Except the Broncos
Yeah but Seattle seems really good even for the advantages they had.By my estimation, they got the best LT, the 2nd best FS, the third best WR and other value. Getting Okung and Thomas is amazing. Two of the surest things in the draft.
"Give a little bit.....give a little bit of your chips to me...."

#53 TRB05

TRB05

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 844 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 06:39 PM

View PostCaneBrain, on Saturday, April 24th, 2010, 11:34 AM, said:

Yeah but Seattle seems really good even for the advantages they had.By my estimation, they got the best LT, the 2nd best FS, the third best WR and other value. Getting Okung and Thomas is amazing. Two of the surest things in the draft.
Oh, I agree. I think Seattle did well. But, "experts" and their grades are silly because they only factor in the players a team takes. They don't factor in what they gave up to get the picks. The Chiefs had 12 picks a couple years ago, everyone had them with an A that year. So far, meh. It's been a pretty good draft but not an A. Whatever, I think you know what I'm saying...

#54 grocery_mony

grocery_mony

^Douchebag^

• Members
  • 9,081 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 07:12 PM

Very happy with the last couple days. There is no possible way to fill all their gaps but they did fill more than I thought possibleLT[x]S[x]wr[x]rb depth[x]db depth [x]pass rush[ ]DT[ ]Maybe the 2009 preseason NFL sack leader can step up? The franchise quality LT was so key as it makes everybody move 1 down the depth chart into there more suited position. A project qb didnt make sence concidering what they gave up for Whitehurst. Probally seen the last of Julius Jones, thank god.

#55 coug2828

coug2828

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 07:12 PM

trading for White and Washington, combined with the draft picks make it a very successful weekend for me

#56 grocery_mony

grocery_mony

^Douchebag^

• Members
  • 9,081 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 06:50 PM

Everything I have seen has been nothing but glowing over the week the Seahwks had. Even saw someone say they will compete for the NFC West. I dont see that happening but I could see them finishing a strong second to the Niners. Have watched more tape on Golden Tate and yea solid pick up who may be a game breaker with his ability to break tackles after the catch.

#57 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

Forum Entitlist

• Members
  • 24,084 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 08:11 PM

View Postgrocery_mony, on Sunday, April 25th, 2010, 9:50 PM, said:

Everything I have seen has been nothing but glowing over the week the Seahwks had. Even saw someone say they will compete for the NFC West. I dont see that happening but I could see them finishing a strong second to the Niners. Have watched more tape on Golden Tate and yea solid pick up who may be a game breaker with his ability to break tackles after the catch.
I don't think they could compete in any other confrence, but SF still is uneven, and who knows how Lolheirt is going to be, I think the hawks have a very decent chance of doing well next season.
Posted Image
"We are only wise in knowing that we know nothing"
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

"I'm a basketball player and a businessman, not a Thundercat,"
-Lebron James

#58 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,896 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:5/10 NLHE (100 max buy in)

Posted 26 April 2010 - 08:08 AM

View PostTRB05, on Saturday, April 24th, 2010, 10:39 PM, said:

Oh, I agree. I think Seattle did well. But, "experts" and their grades are silly because they only factor in the players a team takes. They don't factor in what they gave up to get the picks. The Chiefs had 12 picks a couple years ago, everyone had them with an A that year. So far, meh. It's been a pretty good draft but not an A. Whatever, I think you know what I'm saying...
Of course, it is easy for Seattle to look like geniuses having two top 15 picks in a really good draft.Still, I would say Okung, Thomas, Tate is really about as good as they possibly could have done at 6,14,60. I mean even counting what they had to work with.....that haul is pretty amazing. It's a passing league so LT and FS and WR are very much positions of need and I love all 3 of those guys (particularly Thomas and Tate relative to their draft positions.)If Miami would have stayed put at #12 and taken Earl Thomas, I would have been just as happy as I was that they traded down and re-couped their 2nd rounder. Thomas is going to be great. The perfect FS for today's NFL.
"Give a little bit.....give a little bit of your chips to me...."

#59 grocery_mony

grocery_mony

^Douchebag^

• Members
  • 9,081 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 07:10 PM

Walter Jones officially retired today. Mike Holmgran said he is the most dominant offensive player he ever coached. This is a tribute video. Watch the last block of the clip against Carolina.http://www.seahawks....35-4ddebabccb5fOn 5,703 pass attempts over 13 seasons, W. Jones was called for holding 9 times and surrendered 23 sacks.

#60 brvheart

brvheart

I'm the best.

• Members
  • 23,100 posts
  • Interests:Playing in nuclear fallout.
  • Favorite Poker Game:I play 100/200 live with my best friend Jason.

Posted 29 April 2010 - 09:34 PM

View Postgrocery_mony, on Thursday, April 29th, 2010, 10:10 PM, said:

On 5,703 pass attempts over 13 seasons, W. Jones was called for holding 9 times and surrendered 23 sacks.
Posted Image
CAPITALISM: God's way of determining who is smart and who is poor. - Ron Swanson ---> Video:Ron's Pyramid of Greatness Picture: Poster Size

View PostSuitedAces21, on 20 August 2012 - 11:14 AM, said:

tilt you suck.

View PostEssay21, on 25 February 2013 - 08:32 PM, said:

titly suck a dick bitch

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users