• Please log in to reply
2286 replies to this topic

#561 DJ Vu

DJ Vu

DJ Vu

• Members
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:20 PM

And another thing, while you guys have got me going...saying that Lebron's decision to pass was good, but the execution was bad is a totally meaningless statement. You don't apply the same reasoning to a guy who takes a bad shot. "It was a good decision to shoot, but he just should've taken a better shot."

#562 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

post bot 3000

• Members
  • 20,656 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:34 PM

i mean i dont follow that at all. a good decision is a good decision no matter the outcome. if we're swinging the ball and a guy makes the extra pass to the wide open guy in the corner but he throws it out of bounds, the decision was still correct - his execution was just off. if a guy takes a good shot, then he's taken a good shot. if he makes it great, if he doesnt at least it was a good shot.a bad shot cannot come because of a good decision. not in the way we're using the phrase. a bad shot is taking a contested three with 20 on the clock when a guy is wide open on the wing. if it goes in, it's still a bad shot. i may have rambled at the end there.

View PostDavid_Sklansky, on 27 May 2014 - 06:26 PM, said:

For sure. I can extrapolate from your posts here that you would be an imaginative film maker and dynamic lover.

#563 DJ Vu

DJ Vu

DJ Vu

• Members
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 08:18 AM

See, you agree with me. You don't judge the decision solely on "pass or shoot?" You decide whether the decision to make the specific pass that he made was a good one. It was not. That pass had zero chance of getting through. If he passed it to an open Carmelo next to him at the top of the key, I would not be saying it was a bad decision.

#564 brvheart

brvheart

I'm the best.

• Members
  • 22,820 posts
  • Interests:Playing in nuclear fallout.
  • Favorite Poker Game:I play 100/200 live with my best friend Jason.

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:39 AM

I think everyone agreed with Suited. It was my assumption this entire time that you were against passing in that spot. That's how you framed it. Everyone thinks he made a bad pass. You are saying that his decision to make that particular cross court pass at that exact speed, and at that exact time, with the defenders in their exact positions, was a poor decision, and I fully agree with you. He should have executed his decision earlier and faster and beat the steal.
CAPITALISM: God's way of determining who is smart and who is poor. - Ron Swanson ---> Video:Ron's Pyramid of Greatness Picture: Poster Size

View PostSuitedAces21, on 20 August 2012 - 11:14 AM, said:

tilt you suck.

View PostEssay21, on 25 February 2013 - 08:32 PM, said:

titly suck a dick bitch

#565 DJ Vu

DJ Vu

DJ Vu

• Members
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:53 AM

Ok, you're actively trying to bother me now, aren't you?

#566 brvheart

brvheart

I'm the best.

• Members
  • 22,820 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 12:14 PM

View PostDJ Vu, on Friday, March 2nd, 2012, 1:53 PM, said:

Ok, you're actively trying to bother me now, aren't you?
A little.
CAPITALISM: God's way of determining who is smart and who is poor. - Ron Swanson ---> Video:Ron's Pyramid of Greatness Picture: Poster Size

tilt you suck.

titly suck a dick bitch

#567 DJ Vu

DJ Vu

DJ Vu

• Members
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:40 PM

View PostRon_Mexico, on Thursday, March 1st, 2012, 9:03 AM, said:

First off, what excellent reporting. They called him Hackman. So awesome. Just solidifies everything they say about sports spew in general. Hilarious that they made news.
More!

#568 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

Forum Entitlist

• Members
  • 23,815 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:18 PM

View PostDJ Vu, on Thursday, March 8th, 2012, 3:40 PM, said:

Christ that is so dumb. the sports media attracts the lowest common denominator. I'm not sure which is funnier, that the guy was wholly unable to detect the humor/irony of what stugotz/hochman said, or that he's so delusional about the importance and power of sports media, that he thinks what Hoch/stugotz said can in some way effect game results.
Posted Image
"We are only wise in knowing that we know nothing"
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

"I'm a basketball player and a businessman, not a Thundercat,"
-Lebron James

#569 Ron_Mexico

Ron_Mexico

You mess with the bull, you'll get the horns

• Members
  • 28,729 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 06:08 PM

Goodness. Hilarious. $100 says Rose has never even heard of them or their comments. I'm embarrassed for that writer. Or is he actually a smart guy that has to pander for clicks and eyeballs just to keep his job, and what better way than civic pride? It's what makes soccer popular in this country.
I make $31,000 dollars a year and I have a home.

#570 DJ Vu

DJ Vu

DJ Vu

• Members
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:28 AM

Tweet from Dan just now (first since 11 hours ago, not in reply to anyone):Dan LeBatard Show ‏ @LeBatardShow1) because Don Shula summoned me to his office to not shake my hand many years ago and 2) so it sees lightDid I miss something?Also, Dan is genius with who he retweets about criticisms of his show. It's just nothing but huge douchebags. It's like in a job interview when you say "I work too hard" to the question about what your faults are. Also, "the big voice says filthy things" is going to be a great tournament.

#571 brvheart

brvheart

I'm the best.

• Members
  • 22,820 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:19 AM

View PostDJ Vu, on Thursday, March 15th, 2012, 10:28 AM, said:

Tweet from Dan just now (first since 11 hours ago, not in reply to anyone):Dan LeBatard Show ‏ @LeBatardShow1) because Don Shula summoned me to his office to not shake my hand many years ago and 2) so it sees lightDid I miss something?Also, Dan is genius with who he retweets about criticisms of his show. It's just nothing but huge douchebags. It's like in a job interview when you say "I work too hard" to the question about what your faults are. Also, "the big voice says filthy things" is going to be a great tournament.
I mean, certainly he's responding to someone. So he forgot to mention them or wanted to respond, but didn't want to link to the person. But you already know that.

tilt you suck.

titly suck a dick bitch

#572 Ron_Mexico

Ron_Mexico

• Members
  • 28,729 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 03:01 PM

The first part of that is the history of why Papi hates the Dolphins and Shula. As a young reporter, Dan wrote a harsh article about the Fins. Shula summoned Dan into his office and refused to shake Dan's hand. Papi has hated them since hearing that story.

#573 Poppy_Hillis

Poppy_Hillis

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 3,886 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:59 PM

When they were doing the Least Interesting Man in the World spots, who were they talking about?

#574 Ron_Mexico

Ron_Mexico

• Members
  • 28,729 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:03 PM

View PostPoppy_Hillis, on Thursday, March 22nd, 2012, 10:59 PM, said:

When they were doing the Least Interesting Man in the World spots, who were they talking about?
As I am here pooping, listening to yesterday's show, I heard one about Stugotz. They were also beating the Forte thing to death. Stugotz is the moron and Lebatard is the voice of the people. I wonder if Sugotz is playing a role

#575 DJ Vu

DJ Vu

DJ Vu

• Members
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:06 PM

I don't know what either one of you are talking about.Here's every discussion on any topic:Dan: Why are things this way?Stu: I don't know what to tell you, that's just the way they are.

#576 DJ Vu

DJ Vu

DJ Vu

• Members
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:14 AM

lol @ Showtime.What Dan said on the radio show: "The Marlins have already heard from old angry Cubans saying 'They need to fire his ass right now!'"What Showtime airs: "They need to fire his ass right now!"Totally par for the course for a reality show, but still pretty jarring when you see it like that. I'd be pissed if I was Dan.Unrelated: I stop listening to the show when it's time for Stu and Hoch only, but I do like the Mt. Rushmore bits. Last one was "unexpectedly great breasts in movies."Hoch's Mt. Rushmore was Phoebe Cates (Fast Times), Halle Berry (Swordfish), Jamie Lee Curtis (Trading Places), and Kate Winslet (Titanic).I'd have to give it some more thought, but when he said what the category was, my first thought was Katie Holmes in The Gift.

#577 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

Forum Entitlist

• Members
  • 23,815 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:52 PM

I think the random tits in airplane at least deserved honorable mention.
Posted Image
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

-Lebron James

#578 Ron_Mexico

Ron_Mexico

• Members
  • 28,729 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:54 PM

View PostDJ Vu, on Tuesday, April 24th, 2012, 3:14 PM, said:

lol @ Showtime.What Dan said on the radio show: "The Marlins have already heard from old angry Cubans saying 'They need to fire his ass right now!'"What Showtime airs: "They need to fire his ass right now!"Totally par for the course for a reality show, but still pretty jarring when you see it like that. I'd be pissed if I was Dan.Unrelated: I stop listening to the show when it's time for Stu and Hoch only, but I do like the Mt. Rushmore bits. Last one was "unexpectedly great breasts in movies."Hoch's Mt. Rushmore was Phoebe Cates (Fast Times), Halle Berry (Swordfish), Jamie Lee Curtis (Trading Places), and Kate Winslet (Titanic).I'd have to give it some more thought, but when he said what the category was, my first thought was Katie Holmes in The Gift.
I heard that and immediately shouted "out of context, he's gonna be pissed." Although, plus side is my gf, who does commercial interior design and loves architecture wants to catch a game there when we're down there in June. Sunday 1:10pm start time against the Rays. Woohoo. Been years since I saw a life pro sporting event.Tits Rushmore has to be girl from Just One Of The Guys. And also Thora Birch from American Beauty. Got to be, no?

#579 Poppy_Hillis

Poppy_Hillis

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 3,886 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:57 AM

The thing about dating Kim Kardashian was funny.

#580 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

Forum Entitlist

• Members
  • 23,815 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:59 AM

View PostRon_Mexico, on Tuesday, April 24th, 2012, 8:54 PM, said:

Although, plus side is my gf, who does commercialminteriormdesign and loves architecture wants to catch a game there when we're down there in June. Sunday 1:10pm start time against the Rays. Woohoo.
Man, I'd love a girlfriend like that. I get erect just thumbing through architecture books. If you're half the man I think you are, you'll bend her over the railing and **** her facing the sculpture.
Posted Image
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

-Lebron James

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users