4228 replies to this topic

#4161 GOCUBSGO

GOCUBSGO

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,276 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:NL MTT's

Posted 22 September 2017 - 03:41 PM

Stugotz doing the Antonio Cromartie 30 for 30 is amazing.

#4162 Essay21

Essay21

forum legend

• Members
  • 9,343 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 06:28 AM

They are taking laziness to new levels with this wake and take intro bullshit

#4163 Ron_Mexico

Ron_Mexico

You mess with the bull, you'll get the horns

• Members
  • 33,002 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 11:45 AM

View PostEssay21, on 23 September 2017 - 06:28 AM, said:

They are taking laziness to new levels with this wake and take intro bullshit

They are just massively trolling, and they know how bad Stu is at content, so they drag it out, do the same thing every morning. Stu thinks it's a bit, but I feel like Mike is just producing the garbage that stu is alone. I fast forward a bunch at the start
I make $31,000 dollars a year and I have a home.

#4164 Ron_Mexico

Ron_Mexico

• Members
  • 33,002 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 03:13 PM

Also, essay, have you considered just going full right wing troll on a right wing forum? Might attract some hot, blonde, awful person pussy.

Just an idea. I'm spitballing here

#4165 Essay21

Essay21

forum legend

• Members
  • 9,343 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 05:22 PM

Iím a libertarian, sir.

#4166 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

Forum Entitlist

• Members
  • 26,633 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 12:21 AM

Good point. Libertarians get no pussy.
"We are only wise in knowing that we know nothing"
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

"I'm a basketball player and a businessman, not a Thundercat,"
-Lebron James

#4167 Ron_Mexico

Ron_Mexico

• Members
  • 33,002 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 02:21 AM

View PostEssay21, on 23 September 2017 - 05:22 PM, said:

Iím a libertarian, sir.

Wasn't saying it had to be legit. But you already have a fair amount of their awful views and a distaste for brown people and women. You could fake the rest of it.

#4168 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 24,804 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 05:10 AM

i have a distaste for idiocy, which isn't confined to any race or gender.
Spoiler

#4169 Essay21

Essay21

forum legend

• Members
  • 9,343 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 06:27 AM

Tomorrowís show should be insufferable. I donít give two shits if people kneel, stand, or jerk each other during the anthem. Just quit giving it attention and it will go away.

#4170 Ron_Mexico

Ron_Mexico

• Members
  • 33,002 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 12:39 PM

Anthem hanjobs. You could be on to something.

I can finish under 2 minutes. I like it

#4171 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 24,804 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 08:27 AM

is the sports media now making the same mistake that MSM made during the election? the praise for the players who kneel, and the condemnation of Trump, is nearly universal. But does that represent the majority of people watching football or even hear about this? Should we give credit to Donny for playing a level above here?
Spoiler

#4172 Ron_Mexico

Ron_Mexico

• Members
  • 33,002 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 09:35 AM

It's actually far from universal. Just depends who you have in your echo chamber, I suppose

#4173 Essay21

Essay21

forum legend

• Members
  • 9,343 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 09:39 AM

Only person Iíve seen who isnít putting the kneeling players up for sainthood is Clay Travis.

#4174 Ron_Mexico

Ron_Mexico

• Members
  • 33,002 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 10:07 AM

View PostEssay21, on 25 September 2017 - 09:39 AM, said:

Only person Iíve seen who isnít putting the kneeling players up for sainthood is Clay Travis.

Sorry, read it backwards.

Wait, Capt 1st Amendment and Boob Man is against people actually using the 1st amendment? Do tell.

#4175 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 24,804 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 10:17 AM

he's not saying they can't do it, that they shouldn't and the reason they are doing it is a false narrative. he actually has the balls to say that the whole 'police brutality' narrative is a false flag.
Spoiler

#4176 Ron_Mexico

Ron_Mexico

• Members
  • 33,002 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 11:33 AM

I mean, that's just stupid and seems like he's talking out of both sides of his mouth. You're allowed to do it, but you shouldn't because it hurts white people's feeling and white people's feeling are all that matter in this country. We tell you when to stand and kneel. I love that it pisses all of them off.

It's not a false narrative. The only false narritve is the one the right is pushing by saying these guys are protesting the flag and the military. Couldn't be further from the truth.

#4177 Essay21

Essay21

forum legend

• Members
  • 9,343 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 11:59 AM

I agree that Trump and a lot of media have effectively made the protests about the flag and obscured the real issue: police brutality.

I think in a country of 400 million people where every police officer has a gun you must accept police shootings. When compared to the number of police interactions with citizens each day there is a statistically irrelevant number of police shootings. The real question is does every police officer need to carry a gun because the law and training and sheer number of interactions will lead to shootings, a few of which will be mistakes that were avoidable a number of times along the way.

I think the idea that Ďpolice are out here murdering innocent black peopleí as a byproduct of white supremacy is a joke. Given a number of factors police are not shooting black people at an alarming rate, and I donít think it is a symptom of some kind of concerted effort to harm black people.

I think focusing on th individual police officer and his actions after a shooting is a waste of time. Changing police procedure is not but isnít as helpful as the real solution - serious efforts to improve the lives of black children before they ever come into contact with the police as teenagers or young men. Itís a cycle of mistrust that current events are doing nothing to help, and in fact are likely exacerbating.

And so while Colin Kaepernick is ever right to take a knee I think he did so based on idea that is incorrect. His action is ironically dumb, too, because he is disrespecting the very symbol of the freedom that allows him to kneel without fear of government harm. But the very essence of freedom is nothing if you cannot say things that poeple donít like, or even hate. The left and the right have lost sight of that in 2017. Him taking a knee doesnít prove heís right anymore than Trump calling him names proves heís wrong.

He took a knee to bring light to what he thinks. He has given his time and money to change lives for the better, and all that makes him someone for a lot of people to admire. But his admirable qualities donít make him correct in his quest to deem the police as the lethal arm of a society designed to harm black poeple. America isnít perfect, but we are significantly more inclusive today than any time in human history. Still work to be done, but forgive those of being called nazis for recoiling and rejecting the notion.

But that leads to my point about the media. I think they are virtue signaling again and it can lead to a false perception, as it did before the election, that the people are against trump on this.

#4178 GOCUBSGO

GOCUBSGO

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,276 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:NL MTT's

Posted 25 September 2017 - 12:30 PM

Fwiw, Rusillo took four fan calls today to gauge the pulse of the average fan and all four were pretty strongly opposed to kneeling during the anthem.

I think there are lots of people who don't agree with Donald Trump using his platform to call protesting athketes sons of bitches or call for them to be fired, but many of those same people also don't think its appropriate to kneel during the anthem which is where the real debate lies.

#4179 Ron_Mexico

Ron_Mexico

• Members
  • 33,002 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 12:32 PM

Lol at russillo's callers being a good sample

#4180 Ron_Mexico

Ron_Mexico

• Members
  • 33,002 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 12:35 PM

Essay, where I think you are off is in assuming there isn't a huge problem in the police culture

I don't think cops have meetings to go out and kill people. Nobody does. It's a red herring. But there is a culture where blacks are definitely policed differently than whites, as a whole

Not blaming whites completely either. Lot of blacks do themselves no favor

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users