#961 AmScray

AmScray

Honk

• Members
  • 4,005 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:wrhsf235yu

Posted 13 December 2011 - 09:21 PM

View PostSCYUKON, on Saturday, March 19th, 2011, 5:25 PM, said:

Was just surfing around Wattsupwiththat.com and noted a suggestion on there that if enough GW skeptics quit using google as their search engine, it may send google a signal (if they noticed a decline in users) to stick to what they do best, which is being a fantastic search engine, and stay away from taking a political stance on an issue. I know many people who in private are closet skeptics but don't like to put their position forward in public. Not using google is a fairly safe, albeit miniscule, form of resistance. Have to start somewhere though.Will be curious to see how the polititians change their political stance once the issue has swung in the other direction (if it has not already).
Why do you think google is "supportive of global warming"?I'd suggest you bone up on how google works. It's algorithmic. While there may be occasional suspicions that they're 'petting' certain results in organic SERP, I'll believe in the grand conspiracy when JewWatch isn't on Page 1 for "Jews", in a search engine owned and operated by two Jews.Or, to research it another way, google "Santorum" and read up on the details.
Posted Image

#962 brvheart

brvheart

I'm the best.

• Members
  • 25,272 posts
  • Interests:Playing in nuclear fallout.
  • Favorite Poker Game:I play 100/200 live with my best friend Jason.

Posted 13 December 2011 - 09:32 PM

View PostAmScray, on Tuesday, December 13th, 2011, 11:21 PM, said:

Why do you think google is "supportive of global warming"?I'd suggest you bone up on how google works. It's algorithmic. While there may be occasional suspicions that they're 'petting' certain results in organic SERP, I'll believe in the grand conspiracy when JewWatch isn't on Page 1 for "Jews", in a search engine owned and operated by two Jews.Or, to research it another way, google "Santorum" and read up on the details.
Jew Watch claims Jews killed 100,000,000 Christians between 1920-1940. That's a lot. How many Jews are living right now?

View PostiZuma, on 20 August 2012 - 11:32 AM, said:

napa I was jesus christing suited, you guys just slipped in before me.

View PostEssay21, on 25 February 2013 - 08:32 PM, said:

#963 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

Cheese Salesman

• Members
  • 20,246 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 06:39 AM

View Posthblask, on Tuesday, December 13th, 2011, 11:52 PM, said:

As a Canadian, I was glad about this. Just what we need - another poorly run, politically motivated, incredibly expensive organization with dubious results. Really wish we could've stuck around and paid a few billion in fines over the years, rather than reinvest in our own infrastructure.

View Postbrvheart, on Wednesday, December 14th, 2011, 1:32 AM, said:

Jew Watch claims Jews killed 100,000,000 Christians between 1920-1940. That's a lot. How many Jews are living right now?
Wikipedia says about 14 million, according to Israel. I've heard numbers closer to 40-50 million of people worldwide self-identify as Jews, though of course, many wouldn't meet Israel's definition.Most of us try to kill at least 7 Christians, just in case. Only 3 are required for your Bar Mitzvah though.
Long signatures are really annoying.

#964 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Deplorable Lives Matter

• Members
  • 24,375 posts
  • Interests:Cigars, Flying, Golf, Bible
  • Favorite Poker Game:Golf

Posted 14 December 2011 - 07:35 AM

View Postmrdannyg, on Wednesday, December 14th, 2011, 6:39 AM, said:

Wikipedia says about 14 million, according to Israel. I've heard numbers closer to 40-50 million of people worldwide self-identify as Jews, though of course, many wouldn't meet Israel's definition.
Awhile back I heard there was more Jews living in NY than Israel, don't know if that is still true.

Most of us try to kill at least 7 Christians, just in case. Only 3 are required for your Bar Mitzvah though.
Yea, but Bat Mitzvah's will make up the difference.
I use my cigar smoke as idiot repellent

The government was set to protect man from criminals - and the Constitution was written to protect man from the government. - Ayn Rand

#965 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Deplorable Lives Matter

• Members
  • 24,375 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 07:24 AM

More lies from the global warming make believe patrol

The government was set to protect man from criminals - and the Constitution was written to protect man from the government. - Ayn Rand

#966 LongLiveYorke

LongLiveYorke

Ending the world one proton at a time

• Members
  • 8,356 posts
  • Interests:fizziks, teh maths, Raid-o-head, Rod Reynolds

Posted 15 December 2011 - 07:52 AM

View PostBalloon guy, on Thursday, December 15th, 2011, 10:24 AM, said:

Thanks, there was a dearth in drivel.

#967 phlegm

phlegm

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:39 AM

Draw a 100 mile atmospheric time line on the ground. The last quarter inch would represent the last 100 years' I can certainly see how a global trend could be seen there.
I am not an alcoholic

I am a drunk

Alcoholics go to meetings

#968 Roll the Bones

Roll the Bones

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,727 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 10:59 AM

View PostSCYUKON, on 10 March 2011 - 08:54 PM, said:

QUOTE (Roll the Bones @ Wednesday, March 9th, 2011, 1:14 PM)It's just really hard for me to look at this evidence and not think that global warming is a problem.http://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/Have a look at this evidence, it may or may not impact your thinkinghttp://anhonestclima...line-explained/
Kidding right? I mean I link NASA and real climate science and you link a blog?
As Eric Idle wrote: You know, you come from nothing - you're going back to nothing. What have you lost? Nothing!

#969 akoff

akoff

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,942 posts
  • Interests:Golf, investing, Eagles football, golf, baseball, coaching Little League and golf
  • Favorite Poker Game:PLO

Posted 15 May 2012 - 02:22 AM

View Postphlegm, on 09 May 2012 - 11:39 AM, said:

Draw a 100 mile atmospheric time line on the ground. The last quarter inch would represent the last 100 years' I can certainly see how a global trend could be seen there.
this
"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America 's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the US Government cannot pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies. Increasing America 's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that, "the buck stops here.' Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better."
~ Senator Barack H. Obama

#970 brvheart

brvheart

I'm the best.

• Members
  • 25,272 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 10:55 AM

View Postvbnautilus, on 05 December 2009 - 02:43 PM, said:

Destroy our economy?
Speaking of fearmongering...

The question is not whether we should "destroy our economy" based on "nothing", but rather whether we should make some economic sacrifices based on a analysis of risk.

Man I miss vb. He really got me here.

#971 brvheart

brvheart

I'm the best.

• Members
  • 25,272 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 10:58 AM

View PostAmScray, on 13 December 2011 - 09:21 PM, said:

I'll believe in the grand conspiracy when JewWatch isn't on Page 1 for "Jews", in a search engine owned and operated by two Jews.

Boom. It's on page 2 now.

#972 mtdesmoines

mtdesmoines

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 9,980 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 11:41 AM

View Postphlegm, on 09 May 2012 - 11:39 AM, said:

Totally this. ADD to this that about 90% of the last quarter inch was documented with instrumentation that would be considered substandard by today's standards. Also, global warming is a computer model, and the performance of the real system is stubbornly disobeying the computer model. It would be funny if the alarmists weren't so serious.
Somewhere Jimmy Carter is smiling because he knows that he is no longer the worst President of the modern era

#973 loogie

loogie

Chopped Liver

• Members
  • 6,111 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:fun poker pics :)

Posted 03 November 2016 - 08:00 AM

View Postmtdesmoines, on 02 November 2016 - 11:41 AM, said:

Totally this. ADD to this that about 90% of the last quarter inch was documented with instrumentation that would be considered substandard by today's standards. Also, global warming is a computer model, and the performance of the real system is stubbornly disobeying the computer model. It would be funny if the alarmists weren't so serious.

Hmm. I wonder if anything significant has happened in the past 100 or so years that might affect global warming. I mean, I can't think of a single damn thing. Not one.

#974 scuudagouch

scuudagouch

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 252 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Limit Holdem

Posted 03 November 2016 - 09:32 AM

Agreed
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him had better take a closer look at the American Indian"

Henry Ford

#975 Dubey

Dubey

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 10,830 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 09:58 AM

View Postloogie, on 03 November 2016 - 08:00 AM, said:

Hmm. I wonder if anything significant has happened in the past 100 or so years that might affect global warming. I mean, I can't think of a single damn thing. Not one.

nah man, total coincidence, statistical noise etc.. We should let this play out for another 60 or 70 years just to make sure. Don't want to do anything drastic.

#976 brvheart

brvheart

I'm the best.

• Members
  • 25,272 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 12:02 PM

you forgot like 6 zeros on the end of the 60 or 70 years.

Less than 1% of the age of the Earth ago, the temperatures were 25 degrees warmer. How is this possible, since life was around before and after that?

Followup question: Why should be be losing our minds about something when nothing changes if it happens? (Temps rise 1.6 degrees in 120 years)

Another followup: Everyone agrees that we should reduce fossil fuel use, because there is a finite amount of them. Everyone does not agree that sham "fixes" like Kyoto, which would simply be a tax on America, and not reduce global warming in any way, are a wise idea. Feel free to live off the grid, and drive a wind powered car. Hell, you could even send in extra tax money to the government. They promise to use it wisely.

#977 Dubey

Dubey

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 10,830 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 12:24 PM

Wow, a whole pack of strawmen!

(I didn't forget any zeros by the way)

#978 scuudagouch

scuudagouch

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 252 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Limit Holdem

Posted 04 November 2016 - 03:55 AM

brv don't let the truth get in the way of the liberal story...next we are going to visit back to the future - McFly where are you.
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him had better take a closer look at the American Indian"

Henry Ford

#979 Dubey

Dubey

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 10,830 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 06:38 AM

lol "Liberal". The Tribalism is almost too much to bear.

I honestly never would have considered believing in Climate change to be a "liberal" viewpoint.

I guess believing in evolution, and that the earth is round and revolves around the sun were liberal viewpoints at one time or another as well?

#980 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Deplorable Lives Matter

• Members
  • 24,375 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 07:58 AM

Liberalism has at its core the innate belief that liberals are smarted and better then others. They can and will control the lives of the 'dumber' people who don't agree with them. Through governmental control of school curriculum and hate laws to silence dissenting speech, liberals want to control society, because it needs controlling.

That's why you can claim to be for freedom of religion, while forcing a Christian baker to bake a cake for a gay wedding, and simultaneously supporting a muslim truck driver's lawsuit to not have to haul alcohol. Feeling superior in both cases for exactly the same reasons, while being unable to understand that you are wrong.

The global warming scam is designed to control the populous through control over production and punish the rich for using more resources. If you want to look at the science, there is almost nothing that can be done that will have any relevant impact short of outlawing all cars, all coal burning power plants and killing most of the people in China, India and Russia.

That's the actual required action to affect the amount of pollution being spewed into the atmosphere that is going to cause the world's mean temperature to shoot up 2 degrees centigrade in the next 100 years.

Anything short of this is just a money grab. A money grab for the elite while the useful idiots circle jerk around the notion that switching their light bulbs means they care more.

How do you think Algore became a billionaire? Elon Musk? Every solar company?

So until you are ready to start a population reduction program aimed at killing 1/2 the world's population, then I'll keep driving my 12mpg vehicle knowing that I'm doing less to harm the environment than you are.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users