Global Warming

• Please log in to reply
981 replies to this topic

#61 slink

slink

Wow

• Members
  • 1,348 posts
  • Interests:Manslaughter, justifiable homicide, knife sharpening...
  • Favorite Poker Game:discharging my weapon

Posted 27 November 2009 - 09:17 PM

Canada Free Press.The best thing to come out of America Jr. since.......wait what comes from Canada? :club:
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

not everyone is as into you as you are

icon_wall.gif

#62 Naked_Cowboy

Naked_Cowboy

the dynamo of volition

• Members
  • 4,479 posts
  • Interests:playing all your best games

Posted 28 November 2009 - 11:23 AM

View Posttimwakefield, on Friday, November 27th, 2009, 9:23 PM, said:

Honestly I feel like I'm one of the most open-minded people here,
A+ comedy gold
~certified bumhunter~

#63 timwakefield

timwakefield

I haven't got the time time

• Members
  • 14,413 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Boxmaha

Posted 28 November 2009 - 03:12 PM

View PostNaked_Cowboy, on Saturday, November 28th, 2009, 2:23 PM, said:

A+ comedy gold
Please show counterexamples. Having opinions and being open-minded are not mutually exclusive. My opinions often change, and I usually am very quick to say when they do.Edit: Probably the best examples I have from my side of willingness to change my views based on nothing in particular are that I used to be anti-death penalty and I'm not anymore. I used to balk at police, now I have the utmost respect for them, or at least for the uniform. I also used to dislike hip-hop in general, now it's like half of what I listen to, and music has always been hugely important to me. Getting into hip-hop and then other modern genres was a huge change. As far as seeing both sides of an issue, see: listening to rap and having respect for police. =\
Karl: She was a bit -- what's the word that you can use, cuz I don't wanna offend anyone?
Steve: Was she a homeless person?
Karl: Yeah but sort of mental homeless.

#64 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,896 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:5/10 NLHE (100 max buy in)

Posted 28 November 2009 - 08:09 PM

View Posttimwakefield, on Saturday, November 28th, 2009, 6:12 PM, said:

Please show counterexamples. Having opinions and being open-minded are not mutually exclusive. My opinions often change, and I usually am very quick to say when they do.Edit: Probably the best examples I have from my side of willingness to change my views based on nothing in particular are that I used to be anti-death penalty and I'm not anymore. I used to balk at police, now I have the utmost respect for them, or at least for the uniform. I also used to dislike hip-hop in general, now it's like half of what I listen to, and music has always been hugely important to me. Getting into hip-hop and then other modern genres was a huge change. As far as seeing both sides of an issue, see: listening to rap and having respect for police. =\
you don't have to defend yourself. any Democrat still posting in this forum has a fair amount of patience, a willingness to debate, and a clear masochistic streak.
"Give a little bit.....give a little bit of your chips to me...."

#65 brvheart

brvheart

I'm the best.

• Members
  • 25,353 posts
  • Interests:Playing in nuclear fallout.
  • Favorite Poker Game:I play 100/200 live with my best friend Jason.

Posted 28 November 2009 - 09:03 PM

View Posttimwakefield, on Saturday, November 28th, 2009, 5:12 PM, said:

I have always been for the death penalty and am now pretty solidly in the anti-death penalty camp.

View PostCaneBrain, on Saturday, November 28th, 2009, 10:09 PM, said:

you don't have to defend yourself. any Democrat still posting in this forum has a fair amount of patience, a willingness to debate, and a clear masochistic streak.
huh?Do all democrats really think like this? I was under the impression that that was a Limbaugh joke.

View PostiZuma, on 20 August 2012 - 11:32 AM, said:

napa I was jesus christing suited, you guys just slipped in before me.

View PostEssay21, on 25 February 2013 - 08:32 PM, said:

#66 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,896 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 09:22 PM

View Postbrvheart, on Sunday, November 29th, 2009, 12:03 AM, said:

I have always been for the death penalty and am now pretty solidly in the anti-death penalty camp.huh?Do all democrats really think like this? I was under the impression that that was a Limbaugh joke.
All I meant was this forum is extremely anti-Democrat, anti-Obama and posting pro-obama things here specifically implies some patience, open-mindedness, and masochism. I dont know what Limbaugh's joke was but if he said it, it probably stinks.

#67 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Deplorable Lives Matter

• Members
  • 24,409 posts
  • Interests:Cigars, Flying, Golf, Bible
  • Favorite Poker Game:Golf

Posted 28 November 2009 - 09:32 PM

View PostCaneBrain, on Saturday, November 28th, 2009, 9:22 PM, said:

All I meant was this forum is extremely anti-Democrat, anti-Obama and posting pro-obama things here specifically implies some patience, open-mindedness, and masochism. I dont know what Limbaugh's joke was but if he said it, it probably stinks.
These things seem to conflict.DUCY?
I use my cigar smoke as idiot repellent

Most bad government has come out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

#68 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,896 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 10:02 PM

View PostBalloon guy, on Sunday, November 29th, 2009, 12:32 AM, said:

These things seem to conflict.DUCY?
I didnt say I was open minded about everything.....and the word probably indicates a small, willingness to be open minded about his jokes. Ta-Da.

#69 Sal Paradise

Sal Paradise

shot down in a blaze of glory

• Members
  • 6,833 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:cuddling

Posted 29 November 2009 - 05:43 AM

View Posttimwakefield, on Saturday, November 28th, 2009, 6:12 PM, said:

flip flopper
QUOTE (Tactical Bear @ Monday, June 15th, 2009, 9:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anybody who dies of Swine Flu is just a faggot.

#70 Pot Odds RAC

Pot Odds RAC

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 7,172 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Live NL TxHE

Posted 29 November 2009 - 07:37 AM

View PostCaneBrain, on Sunday, November 29th, 2009, 12:22 AM, said:

Seriously?The Dems here have at least as much vitriol as Repubs - yourself included. To try and make it seem like Dems are the voices of reason and are mistreated here is pure revisionism. Even in this post you take a knee-jerk shot at Rush because it is just what Dems do when Rush is mentioned.

#71 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,896 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 08:05 AM

View PostPot Odds RAC, on Sunday, November 29th, 2009, 10:37 AM, said:

Seriously?The Dems here have at least as much vitriol as Repubs - yourself included. To try and make it seem like Dems are the voices of reason and are mistreated here is pure revisionism. Even in this post you take a knee-jerk shot at Rush because it is just what Dems do when Rush is mentioned.
That's just not what I said. Not at all. And taking shots at Rush is just good old fashioned fun.It would be easier to just not post here than spend a lot of time peeing uphill into the wind but thats what a couple of us do. It certainly does not make us the voice of reason but it definitely means we are gluttons for punishment and it definitely means we have some patience. I readily admit there are certain conservative elements (like Rush) that I have nothing but contempt for.Who said anything about being mistreated? I honestly dont understand what you are talking about.

#72 Pot Odds RAC

Pot Odds RAC

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 7,172 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Live NL TxHE

Posted 29 November 2009 - 08:21 AM

View PostCaneBrain, on Sunday, November 29th, 2009, 11:05 AM, said:

That's just not what I said. Not at all. And taking shots at Rush is just good old fashioned fun.It would be easier to just not post here than spend a lot of time peeing uphill into the wind but thats what a couple of us do. It certainly does not make us the voice of reason but it definitely means we are gluttons for punishment and it definitely means we have some patience. I readily admit there are certain conservative elements (like Rush) that I have nothing but contempt for.Who said anything about being mistreated? I honestly dont understand what you are talking about.
Dude. I'm really not trying to turn this into some sort of ePissing Contest. I generally respect your contributions to the Forum so I'll just drop it here.

#73 hblask

hblask

Perpetual slow learner

• Members
  • 9,860 posts
  • Interests:Just deal the cards already

Posted 29 November 2009 - 09:33 AM

View PostCaneBrain, on Saturday, November 28th, 2009, 11:22 PM, said:

I am here for open debate, so I wish we could get more people here to defend what the Obama administration and Pelosi and Reid are doing. I've tried to engage people to tell me what's good about the health care bill, what's good about Obama's lack of transparency, and on and on. If that's anti-Democrat, so be it -- I'd just like to see some stances other than "we're a rich country, therefore we need to [whatever]". I tend not stay out of a few of the debates, such as Afghanistan and abortion, so maybe I'm just missing some of the discussion that is here.
"Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?" -- J. Coulton

#74 85suited

85suited

Politics Forum Pundit

• Members
  • 1,686 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Vast Right Wing Conspirator

Posted 29 November 2009 - 09:35 AM

View Posthblask, on Sunday, November 29th, 2009, 11:33 AM, said:

I am here for open debate, so I wish we could get more people here to defend what the Obama administration and Pelosi and Reid are doing. I've tried to engage people to tell me what's good about the health care bill, what's good about Obama's lack of transparency, and on and on. If that's anti-Democrat, so be it -- I'd just like to see some stances other than "we're a rich country, therefore we need to [whatever]". I tend not stay out of a few of the debates, such as Afghanistan and abortion, so maybe I'm just missing some of the discussion that is here.
Henry - repeat after me - it was Bush's fault

#75 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,896 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 09:59 AM

View Posthblask, on Sunday, November 29th, 2009, 12:33 PM, said:

it's just the tone in general. I do not begrudge people their anger/disappointment/viewpoint (someday I will write a post about why I still like Obama enough.....but am appalled by his decision to relive 1992-1994....it's going to be really long-winded) but you cannot deny that this is basically a conservative forum at this point. That's all.I'm not whining; it's a statement of fact. If I felt mistreated, I could move on but I am not being mistreated. Just in the minority. It's kinda like being white in Miami. (Dammit)

#76 85suited

85suited

Politics Forum Pundit

• Members
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 11:08 AM

Back to Climate GateClimateGate: CRU Agrees To Publish All The Data. That They Haven’t Thrown AwayPosted on November 29, 2009 Yesterday, the “scientists” involved in ClimateGate made an important announcement

Leading British scientists at the University of East Anglia, who were accused of manipulating climate change data – dubbed Climategate – have agreed to publish their figures in full.In a statement welcomed by climate change sceptics, the university said it would make all the data accessible as soon as possible, once its Climatic Research Unit (CRU) had negotiated its release from a range of non-publication agreements.

Today, “um, well, ya see, our Bad!”

SCIENTISTS at the University of East Anglia (UEA) have admitted throwing away much of the raw temperature data on which their predictions of global warming are based.It means that other academics are not able to check basic calculations said to show a long-term rise in temperature over the past 150 years.

#77 85suited

85suited

Politics Forum Pundit

• Members
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 11:24 AM

I love reading the old global warming threads... this is a good one http://www.fullconta...u...t&p=1772617here were two of my favorite quotes

View PostZeatrix, on Thursday, April 12th, 2007, 3:45 PM, said:

And it's not even liberal, it's scientific.

View PostAll_In, on Thursday, April 26th, 2007, 12:13 PM, said:

there is no debate, just some lies by the people who think they have the credentials to overrule scientists who spend their lives researching this stuff.
or this gem: jmkiserhttp://www.fullconta...u...t&p=1708340I think the point being made is to just watch out before you start making conspiracy theories about scientists. Scientists become scientists so they can seek out the world, make discoveries, etc.. And they are paid to do just that.You will be very hard pressed to find too many "dirty" scientists, as I like to call them, that will screw with data.

#78 hblask

hblask

Perpetual slow learner

• Members
  • 9,860 posts
  • Interests:Just deal the cards already

Posted 29 November 2009 - 11:54 AM

View PostCaneBrain, on Sunday, November 29th, 2009, 11:59 AM, said:

it's just the tone in general. I do not begrudge people their anger/disappointment/viewpoint (someday I will write a post about why I still like Obama enough.....but am appalled by his decision to relive 1992-1994....it's going to be really long-winded) but you cannot deny that this is basically a conservative forum at this point. That's all.I'm not whining; it's a statement of fact. If I felt mistreated, I could move on but I am not being mistreated. Just in the minority. It's kinda like being white in Miami. (Dammit)
Yeah, I have to agree, and I'm very disappointed by that. I am seriously interested in the debate, not in the winning or losing. I want my views challenged and polished; that doesn't happen if everyone agrees. I'm left debating drug policy with BG
"Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?" -- J. Coulton

#79 brvheart

brvheart

I'm the best.

• Members
  • 25,353 posts
  • Interests:Playing in nuclear fallout.
  • Favorite Poker Game:I play 100/200 live with my best friend Jason.

Posted 29 November 2009 - 11:59 AM

View Posthblask, on Sunday, November 29th, 2009, 1:54 PM, said:

Yeah, I have to agree, and I'm very disappointed by that. I am seriously interested in the debate, not in the winning or losing. I want my views challenged and polished; that doesn't happen if everyone agrees. I'm left debating drug policy with BG
The problem is that the Obama issues are nearly indefensible. Why come here when you have nothing to say?

View PostiZuma, on 20 August 2012 - 11:32 AM, said:

napa I was jesus christing suited, you guys just slipped in before me.

View PostEssay21, on 25 February 2013 - 08:32 PM, said:

#80 timwakefield

timwakefield

I haven't got the time time

• Members
  • 14,413 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Boxmaha

Posted 29 November 2009 - 12:21 PM

View PostSal Paradise, on Sunday, November 29th, 2009, 8:43 AM, said:

flip flopper
Honest-to-God home run. Brilliant (for an internet post).
Karl: She was a bit -- what's the word that you can use, cuz I don't wanna offend anyone?
Steve: Was she a homeless person?
Karl: Yeah but sort of mental homeless.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users