• Please log in to reply
1832 replies to this topic

#41 runthemover

runthemover

jano way

• Members
  • 6,922 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 08:24 PM

well I have them as my top two currently. well forgetting Lost I mean. I don't think they're great but they are quite good.I had Curb in my head for the post but I totally forgot it, obviously. I'm quite a few seasons behind but I'm sure it's great.

#42 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

Forum Entitlist

• Members
  • 26,673 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 08:27 PM

View Postrunthemover, on Thursday, November 19th, 2009, 10:24 PM, said:

well I have them as my top two currently. well forgetting Lost I mean. I don't think they're great but they are quite good.I had Curb in my head for the post but I totally forgot it, obviously. I'm quite a few seasons behind but I'm sure it's great.
You need to get back on that train, this season has been epic.
"We are only wise in knowing that we know nothing"
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

"I'm a basketball player and a businessman, not a Thundercat,"
-Lebron James

#43 TRB05

TRB05

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 844 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 06:44 AM

View PostTRB05, on Thursday, November 19th, 2009, 8:48 PM, said:

As bad as the trailer for 2012 is, I have heard from a few people that it actually pretty good. Coming from people who also thought the trailer looked like an awful movie as well, I thought that was interesting. I will not be spending any money to see it.

View Postspeedz99, on Thursday, November 19th, 2009, 9:21 PM, said:

Heh.
I did not see the thread about this, explains the post. Glad to see nobody here liked it, my friends have confirmed their idiocy.

#44 hank213

hank213

inventor of the tactical turtleneck..the tactilneck

• Members
  • 9,517 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 09:43 AM

I've had a xmas tradition since I was about 12. Being the child of divorced parents I would shlep 350 miles every xmas vacation to see my dad and his parents. Usually by day 2 they were driving me nuts so xmas day was a day where I would spend all afternoon at the movies. See, my little podunk town only had one theatre and it only showed 1 film per weekend (1 show a night), usually movies on their 2nd or 3rd run. So, going to a large metro area with multiplexes and movies running from noon to nearly midnight was great. Usually I had no trouble spotting at least 2 or 3 movie previews for the holiday season that would instill at least an interest in shelling out exorbitant ticket prices to see them. This year, not so much. There's The Road for which I'm hopeful. However, the ads for this flick make it seem less psychological drama and character study and more of a subdued Road Warrior. I'm hoping the ad just reflects a marketing dept that has no idea how to market this movie than a true glimpse of the film. So I'm hesitant to shell out what's got to be close to 10 bucks a ticket now in order to be massively disappointed.Downey putting his spin on Sherlock Holmes might be alright. Honestly haven't seen much for this flick. The Dec 25th release date worries me that the studio is releasing on one of the biggest movie days of the year so they can do a quick cash grab before word of mouth spreads that it's a turd.So it looks like I may have to figure out a new tradition for xmas this year.
Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen.

#45 JoeyJoJo

JoeyJoJo

On the road to 8,143 (approximately)

• Members
  • 8,141 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 09:52 AM

View Posthank213, on Friday, November 20th, 2009, 9:43 AM, said:

This year, not so much.
Up in the AirInvictusThe Lovely BonesNineThe Imaginarium of Doctor Panassus
Homer: Moe, I need your advice.
Moe: Yeah?
Homer: See, I got this friend named... Joey Jo Jo... Junior... Shabadoo.
Moe: That's the worst name I ever heard.

#46 hank213

hank213

• Members
  • 9,517 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 09:59 AM

View PostJoeyJoJo, on Friday, November 20th, 2009, 11:52 AM, said:

Up in the Air-worth a rent.Invictus-sports stories don't really turn my crank...even if it is rugby.The Lovely Bones-what dreams may come with a teen girl? Only if there's lots of gratuitous nudity.Nine-hmm, a middle age man going to a musical by himself in the middle of the day. I'm not that gay.The Imaginarium of Doctor Panassus-this is a distinct possibility. I wonder how tight a leash the studio kept on Gilliam to keep the train on the tracks though.

Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen.

#47 JoeyJoJo

JoeyJoJo

• Members
  • 8,141 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 10:01 AM

Nine-hmm, a middle age man going to a musical by himself in the middle of the day. I'm not that gay.
TrailerWait, you're middle aged?

#48 hank213

hank213

• Members
  • 9,517 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 10:32 AM

View PostJoeyJoJo, on Friday, November 20th, 2009, 12:01 PM, said:

depending on which definition you use, yes, maybe, kinda, possibly. "The US Census lists middle age as including both the age categories 35 to 44 and 45 to 54, while prominent social scientist, Erik Erikson, sees it ending a little later and defines middle adulthood as between 40 and 65."Flamboyantly not that gay.--edit after reading sickie thread:Not that there's anything wrong with it. My father was gay.

#49 JoeyJoJo

JoeyJoJo

• Members
  • 8,141 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 10:42 AM

View Posthank213, on Friday, November 20th, 2009, 10:32 AM, said:

Flamboyantly not that gay.
I mean, I understand this and everything, but there's a lot of half-naked women there, no?

#50 hank213

hank213

• Members
  • 9,517 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 10:49 AM

View PostJoeyJoJo, on Friday, November 20th, 2009, 12:42 PM, said:

I mean, I understand this and everything, but there's a lot of half-naked women there, no?
So maybe I'll rent. Access to ffwd and slomo will be important for this film. Or I'll just wait and find a torrent of the good parts.

#51 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

Forum Entitlist

• Members
  • 26,673 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 11:04 AM

View PostJoeyJoJo, on Friday, November 20th, 2009, 12:01 PM, said:

I'm so excited by the idea of 9. To remake Felini's 8 1/2 as a musical is one of the most audacious ideas ever, and staring DDL to boot! Either it's going to be Ishtar bad, or it's going to be epic.
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

-Lebron James

#52 frautotenkinder

frautotenkinder

Edna Mode + Sally Draper

• Members
  • 1,648 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Smoky Paloma

Posted 20 November 2009 - 11:46 AM

View PostBigDMcGee, on Friday, November 20th, 2009, 11:04 AM, said:

To remake Felini's 8 1/2 as a musical is one of the most audacious ideas ever, and staring DDL to boot!
It was a Broadway musical first, which was first staged in 1982, and according to Wikipedia, ran for 729 performances.
The above is my best decision in a while.

#53 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

Forum Entitlist

• Members
  • 26,673 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 12:25 PM

View Postfrautotenkinder, on Friday, November 20th, 2009, 1:46 PM, said:

It was a Broadway musical first, which was first staged in 1982, and according to Wikipedia, ran for 729 performances.
I know, and it's still audacious.
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

-Lebron James

#54 timwakefield

timwakefield

I haven't got the time time

• Members
  • 14,413 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Boxmaha

Posted 20 November 2009 - 12:33 PM

Random observation: wednesday's Top Chef is still unavailable on the stupid internet. There is a working link from piratebay, but it's impossibly slow (still just the 1 seeder). Was stuck at 80% all night, now all the way up to 90%. It is real though. Anyways, my random observation is that I am fiending for some goddam top chef.
Karl: She was a bit -- what's the word that you can use, cuz I don't wanna offend anyone?
Steve: Was she a homeless person?
Karl: Yeah but sort of mental homeless.

#55 LadyGrey

LadyGrey

I've never even seen this part of Pussytown before!

• Members
  • 5,912 posts
  • Interests:Napping.

Posted 20 November 2009 - 12:39 PM

View Posttimwakefield, on Friday, November 20th, 2009, 8:33 PM, said:

Random observation: wednesday's Top Chef is still unavailable on the stupid internet. There is a working link from piratebay, but it's impossibly slow (still just the 1 seeder). Was stuck at 80% all night, now all the way up to 90%. It is real though. Anyways, my random observation is that I am fiending for some goddam top chef.
I've been dling it since this morning and I'm at 90.6%, guess I won't see it til tomorrow. It's so annoying, I am afraid of accidentally seeing a spoiler, plus I started watching it earlier thinking it was done and got a few mins in before realising it wasn't a complete file.
We are all so complicated, and then we die. We are a subject one day, with our vanities, our loves, our worries, and then one day, abruptly, we become nothing but an object, an absolutely disgusting pile of shit. We pass very quickly from one stage to the next. It's very bizarre. It will happen to all of us, and fairly soon too. We become an object you can handle like a stone, but a stone that was someone.
Christian Boltanski

Religion. It's given people hope in a world torn apart by religion.
Jon Stewart

#56 Suited_Up

Suited_Up

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 25,723 posts
  • Interests:Poker and Sports

Posted 20 November 2009 - 01:41 PM

You two need DVR.
-Kurt

#57 speedz99

speedz99

It don't matter to Jesus.

• Members
  • 28,085 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 05:24 PM

Clearly, "I hope they weren't triplets," is the greatest film-ending line of all time.
You got a date Wednesday, baby!

#58 timwakefield

timwakefield

I haven't got the time time

• Members
  • 14,413 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Boxmaha

Posted 21 November 2009 - 08:25 PM

View PostLadyGrey, on Friday, November 20th, 2009, 3:39 PM, said:

I've been dling it since this morning and I'm at 90.6%, guess I won't see it til tomorrow. It's so annoying, I am afraid of accidentally seeing a spoiler, plus I started watching it earlier thinking it was done and got a few mins in before realising it wasn't a complete file.
There is a new and working torrent of it up at mininova/piratebay now.
Karl: She was a bit -- what's the word that you can use, cuz I don't wanna offend anyone?
Steve: Was she a homeless person?
Karl: Yeah but sort of mental homeless.

#59 king_tanner

king_tanner

Poker Forum C***

• Members
  • 11,672 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Crazy Pineapple hi/lo

Posted 22 November 2009 - 08:07 PM

Is anybody watching the AMA's? Janet Jackson needs to stop she is horrible. She is lip syncing the whole thing which means she should be good at dancing, but she's not, and she's sweating her ass off.
QUOTE (rcgs59 @ Wednesday, January 5th, 2011, 8:14 PM)
$5,000 lol wish it was 5000

#60 JoeyJoJo

JoeyJoJo

• Members
  • 8,141 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 08:14 AM

View Postspeedz99, on Friday, November 20th, 2009, 5:24 PM, said:

Clearly, "I hope they weren't triplets," is the greatest film-ending line of all time.
Marked for Death!(And I didn't even need google for that one.)Steven Seagal is the best.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users