1599 replies to this topic

#21 timwakefield

timwakefield

I haven't got the time time

• Members
  • 14,403 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Boxmaha

Posted 19 November 2009 - 04:22 PM

I was thinking of starting a 'What tv show are you watching' thread. Does that sound like a good/bad idea? Basically a thread for random tv observations, old shows you might be watching that don't have their own thread, or some new show that you're watching, whatever.
Karl: She was a bit -- what's the word that you can use, cuz I don't wanna offend anyone?
Steve: Was she a homeless person?
Karl: Yeah but sort of mental homeless.

#22 Suited_Up

Suited_Up

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 25,723 posts
  • Interests:Poker and Sports

Posted 19 November 2009 - 04:22 PM

View PostJoeyJoJo, on Thursday, November 19th, 2009, 5:11 PM, said:

I think he overacts, but I still like him in certain roles. I liked Matchstick Men a lot.
Love that movie!
-Kurt

#23 Pot Odds RAC

Pot Odds RAC

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 7,172 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Live NL TxHE

Posted 19 November 2009 - 04:27 PM

View Posttimwakefield, on Thursday, November 19th, 2009, 7:22 PM, said:

I was thinking of starting a 'What tv show are you watching' thread. Does that sound like a good/bad idea? Basically a thread for random tv observations, old shows you might be watching that don't have their own thread, or some new show that you're watching, whatever.
I've heard there is quite the interest in Miami Vice.

#24 JoeyJoJo

JoeyJoJo

On the road to 8,143 (approximately)

• Members
  • 8,140 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 04:29 PM

View PostSal Paradise, on Thursday, November 19th, 2009, 4:11 PM, said:

in which you'd like to watch them poop?
To do anything, Sal, to do anything.

View Postspeedz99, on Thursday, November 19th, 2009, 4:15 PM, said:

Random...uh...oh, I'm not so sure about the new Portman/Gylenhal (sp)/Maguire (sp) movie. It seems like they can't even figure out how to correctly market it. I bet it's a decent film (I'm not sure I buy "ANGRY TOBEY"), but my guess is it won't do so well in theaters.
I want to see this movie.I used to get excited for the summer blockbuster movie season. Now I'm much more excited for the Oscar hopefuls movie season.
Homer: Moe, I need your advice.
Moe: Yeah?
Homer: See, I got this friend named... Joey Jo Jo... Junior... Shabadoo.
Moe: That's the worst name I ever heard.

#25 speedz99

speedz99

It don't matter to Jesus.

• Members
  • 28,025 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 04:34 PM

View PostJoeyJoJo, on Thursday, November 19th, 2009, 4:29 PM, said:

I used to get excited for the summer blockbuster movie season. Now I'm much more excited for the Oscar hopefuls movie season.
Well la de FREAKIN' DA!
You got a date Wednesday, baby!

#26 JoeyJoJo

JoeyJoJo

• Members
  • 8,140 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 04:37 PM

View Postspeedz99, on Thursday, November 19th, 2009, 4:34 PM, said:

Well la de FREAKIN' DA!
I probably get excited to see more movies than I actually see.But getting back to that Brothers movie, I think it's a really interesting premise and I hope they don't go too far with the ANGRY TOBEY angle.

#27 Suited_Up

Suited_Up

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 25,723 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 04:37 PM

LOL... Apparently it's the anniversary of MJ dangling the baby out the window..... Gerard Butler didn't forget....Posted ImageIt's a plant in a towel.
-Kurt

#28 frautotenkinder

frautotenkinder

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 999 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Blooming Jacaranda

Posted 19 November 2009 - 04:38 PM

View PostJoeyJoJo, on Thursday, November 19th, 2009, 5:29 PM, said:

I used to get excited for the summer blockbuster movie season. Now I'm much more excited for the Oscar hopefuls movie season.
How does this feel, then? The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences today announced that 15 films in the Documentary Feature category will advance in the voting process for the 82nd Academy Awards®. Eighty-nine pictures had originally qualified in the category.The 15 films are listed below in alphabetical order by title, with their production company:“The Beaches of Agnes,” Agnès Varda, director (Cine-Tamaris)“Burma VJ,” Anders Østergaard, director (Magic Hour Films)“The Cove,” Louie Psihoyos, director (Oceanic Preservation Society)“Every Little Step,” James D. Stern and Adam Del Deo, directors (Endgame Entertainment)“Facing Ali,” Pete McCormack, director (Network Films Inc.)“Food, Inc.,” Robert Kenner, director (Robert Kenner Films)“Garbage Dreams,” Mai Iskander, director (Iskander Films, Inc.)“Living in Emergency: Stories of Doctors Without Borders,” Mark N. Hopkins, director (Red Floor Pictures)“The Most Dangerous Man in America: Daniel Ellsberg and the Pentagon Papers,” Judith Ehrlich and Rick Goldsmith, directors (Kovno Communications)“Mugabe and the White African,” Andrew Thompson and Lucy Bailey, directors (Arturi Films Limited)“Sergio,” Greg Barker, director (Passion Pictures and Silverbridge Productions)“Soundtrack for a Revolution,” Bill Guttentag and Dan Sturman, directors (Freedom Song Productions)“Under Our Skin,” Andy Abrahams Wilson, director (Open Eye Pictures)“Valentino The Last Emperor,” Matt Tyrnauer, director (Acolyte Films)“Which Way Home,” Rebecca Cammisa, director (Mr. Mudd)I've only seen one. (Valentino, which I enjoyed, but not in that Oh Holy Oscar way.)

#29 speedz99

speedz99

• Members
  • 28,025 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 04:45 PM

View PostJoeyJoJo, on Thursday, November 19th, 2009, 4:37 PM, said:

But getting back to that Brothers movie, I think it's a really interesting premise and I hope they don't go too far with the ANGRY TOBEY angle.
One of the previews I've seen almost makes it out to be a horror flick because of angry Tobey's RAGE.

#30 Suited_Up

Suited_Up

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 25,723 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 04:46 PM

Speaking of documentaries.... I just saw "Who the $%*# is Jackson Pollack?"It was ok, but makes you hate the art world and laugh at hicks.
-Kurt

#31 LadyGrey

LadyGrey

I've never even seen this part of Pussytown before!

• Members
  • 5,912 posts
  • Interests:Napping.

Posted 19 November 2009 - 04:49 PM

Hey, what's everyone here's favourite Dan Quayle gaffe?
We are all so complicated, and then we die. We are a subject one day, with our vanities, our loves, our worries, and then one day, abruptly, we become nothing but an object, an absolutely disgusting pile of shit. We pass very quickly from one stage to the next. It's very bizarre. It will happen to all of us, and fairly soon too. We become an object you can handle like a stone, but a stone that was someone.
— Christian Boltanski

Religion. It's given people hope in a world torn apart by religion.
— Jon Stewart

#32 JoeyJoJo

JoeyJoJo

• Members
  • 8,140 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 04:53 PM

View Postspeedz99, on Thursday, November 19th, 2009, 4:45 PM, said:

One of the previews I've seen almost makes it out to be a horror flick because of angry Tobey's RAGE.
Hmm, I haven't seen it presented that way.Hey, maybe they don't know how to market it? What do you think, maybe?

#33 speedz99

speedz99

• Members
  • 28,025 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 04:57 PM

That poor guy...from most accounts, he was actually a solid public servent. The potato thing was only half his fault, and he got KILLED for it. There are some funny quotes on his wiki page though.Contributing greatly to the perception of Quayle's incompetence was his tendency to make public statements which were either self-contradictory ("The holocaust was an obscene period in our nation's history.… No, not our nation's, but in World War II. I mean, we all lived in this century. I didn't live in this century, but in this century's history."), impossible ("I have made good judgments in the past. I have made good judgments in the future") or confused and inappropriate, as when he addressed the United Negro College Fund, whose slogan is "A mind is a terrible thing to waste," and said, "You take the UNCF model that what a waste it is to lose one's mind or not to have a mind is being very wasteful. How true that is."[13]Shortly after Bush announced the Space Exploration Initiative, which included a manned landing on Mars, Quayle was asked his thoughts on sending humans to Mars. In his response he made a number of errors: "Mars is essentially in the same orbit [as Earth]....Mars is somewhat the same distance from the Sun, which is very important. We have seen pictures where there are canals, we believe, and water. If there is water, that means there is oxygen. If oxygen, that means we can breathe."

#34 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

Forum Entitlist

• Members
  • 23,992 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 05:22 PM

So I'm planning to smoke weed for the first time in months and months, and kidnap a friend of mine to go see 2012 this weekend. I love love love terrible disaster movies, they crack me up. And the day after tomorrow ( by the director of 2012) was maybe the single stupidest movie I've ever seen ( obv I loved it. If you're going to be stupid, do it BIG). I know I'm going to love 2012.
Posted Image
"We are only wise in knowing that we know nothing"
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

"I'm a basketball player and a businessman, not a Thundercat,"
-Lebron James

#35 brvheart

brvheart

I'm the best.

• Members
  • 23,006 posts
  • Interests:Playing in nuclear fallout.
  • Favorite Poker Game:I play 100/200 live with my best friend Jason.

Posted 19 November 2009 - 05:51 PM

View PostJoeyJoJo, on Thursday, November 19th, 2009, 6:01 PM, said:

I think that's the correct order.
No one should ever be below Miley Cyrus.

View PostSuited_Up, on Thursday, November 19th, 2009, 6:46 PM, said:

Speaking of documentaries.... I just saw "Who the $%*# is Jackson Pollack?"It was ok, but makes you hate the art world and laugh at hicks.
I really liked that movie. How stupid are these 'experts'? HIS ****ING FINGERPRINT AND DNA ARE ON THE BACK OF THE DAMN PAINTING!!!!!

View PostLadyGrey, on Thursday, November 19th, 2009, 6:49 PM, said:

Hey, what's everyone here's favourite Dan Quayle gaffe?
sonofa...

View Postspeedz99, on Thursday, November 19th, 2009, 6:57 PM, said:

That poor guy...from most accounts, he was actually a solid public servent. The potato thing was only half his fault, and he got KILLED for it.
This is the nicest thing about Quayle that I've ever heard coming from a liberal.
CAPITALISM: God's way of determining who is smart and who is poor. - Ron Swanson ---> Video:Ron's Pyramid of Greatness Picture: Poster Size

View PostSuitedAces21, on 20 August 2012 - 11:14 AM, said:

tilt you suck.

View PostEssay21, on 25 February 2013 - 08:32 PM, said:

titly suck a dick bitch

#36 speedz99

speedz99

• Members
  • 28,025 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 06:38 PM

View PostBigDMcGee, on Thursday, November 19th, 2009, 5:22 PM, said:

So I'm planning to smoke weed for the first time in months and months, and kidnap a friend of mine to go see 2012 this weekend. I love love love terrible disaster movies, they crack me up. And the day after tomorrow ( by the director of 2012) was maybe the single stupidest movie I've ever seen ( obv I loved it. If you're going to be stupid, do it BIG). I know I'm going to love 2012.
I think you're in store for an incredible experience.

View Postbrvheart, on Thursday, November 19th, 2009, 5:51 PM, said:

This is the nicest thing about Quayle that I've ever heard coming from a liberal.
I may lean towards the liberal side on most issues, but I judge politicians on an individual basis. The guy got a raw deal.But don't think I won't always make fun of W for being an idiot. I'm sure he's a nice guy, but the dude should have known that he had no business being president. Quayle worked hard, always did well for himself and his constituents (sp), was asked to join a ticket, and answered the call. Bush failed constantly and still used daddy's influence to put him in the position to screw many millions of people. Huge difference. W deserves all the mocking he gets.

#37 TRB05

TRB05

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 844 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 06:48 PM

View PostBigDMcGee, on Thursday, November 19th, 2009, 7:22 PM, said:

As bad as the trailer for 2012 is, I have heard from a few people that it actually pretty good. Coming from people who also thought the trailer looked like an awful movie as well, I thought that was interesting. I will not be spending any money to see it.

#38 speedz99

speedz99

• Members
  • 28,025 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 07:21 PM

View PostTRB05, on Thursday, November 19th, 2009, 6:48 PM, said:

As bad as the trailer for 2012 is, I have heard from a few people that it actually pretty good. Coming from people who also thought the trailer looked like an awful movie as well, I thought that was interesting.
Heh.

#39 runthemover

runthemover

jano way

• Members
  • 6,922 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 08:08 PM

really? no emma watson jokes like removing her from the list.I have to say TV is on a downturn now. House, The Office, 24, Weeds, Dexter are all shells of what they once were (and some weren't really that much to begin with). The Wire, Sopranos, and Battlestar Gallactica are no longer with us (though BG was really like that since the end of season 2). Lost is ending soon.Combine that with movies seemingly turning out crap after crap and we're quite meh at the moment.Thankfully we've got Sunny and 30 Rock but I can't really think of anything else that brings the quality of these two consistently (sorry Mad Men). Damages and Breaking Bad are just below those Ad Men.I'm probably forgetting some shows but yea. That's pretty much how it is.

#40 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

Forum Entitlist

• Members
  • 23,992 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 08:16 PM

View Postrunthemover, on Thursday, November 19th, 2009, 10:08 PM, said:

Thankfully we've got Sunny and 30 Rock but I can't really think of anything else that brings the quality of these two consistently (sorry Mad Men). Damages and Breaking Bad are just below those Ad Men.I'm probably forgetting some shows but yea. That's pretty much how it is.
I have to disagree about Mad Men and Breaking bad. I think they are easily the best dramas on right now, and Mad Men is particularly great. Also Curb is great. other than that? No great.
Posted Image
"We are only wise in knowing that we know nothing"
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

"I'm a basketball player and a businessman, not a Thundercat,"
-Lebron James

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google