Boxing Thread

219 replies to this topic

#21 bmtphs05

bmtphs05

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 09:19 AM

Bute/Andrade II tomorrow night. To refresh your memory, the last minute of the first fight.

#22 bmtphs05

bmtphs05

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 07:50 PM

Kevin Iole says Pacquiao/Mayweather almost a done deal for March 13th. Location will likely be either MGM Grand, Cowboys Stadium, or Louisiana Superdome.http://sports.yahoo....Y...o&type=lgns

#23 fleung22

fleung22

PokerStars Global Events Rep (PokerStars Macau)

• Members
  • 7,006 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 11:28 AM

View Postgrocery_mony, on Saturday, November 21st, 2009, 9:47 AM, said:

The question is where does boxing go after Mayweather/Pacquiao? Both were established stars before the MMA boom and are really the only 2 bankable names left. 3 million is probally real close but barring a rematch I dont see boxing breaking 7 figures again in buys for a long time.
Pacquiao vs. Tyson of course :club:

#24 bmtphs05

bmtphs05

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 03:09 PM

Bob Arum says that venue for Pacquiao/Mayweather is down to three. Either MGM Grand, Cowboys Stadium, or now the Georgia Dome in Atlanta.Keep it in Vegas.

#25 runthemover

runthemover

jano way

• Members
  • 6,922 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 11:31 AM

I really don't understand what is going on with this whole thing.Adding a clause that says $10 mill for every pound you're over is good. Saying you'll only agree to urine testing at scheduled times when apparently the only thing that can catch HGH is blood testing (and apparently you can easily do your cycles around scheduled testing times) seems extremely shady. Suing the other side for calling you out on this doesn't make much sense either. No we won't do what is necessary to prove we're not cheating and we're going to sue you because of your remarks.How am I not supposed to come to the conclusion that MP is cheating?

#26 mrpaddyx

mrpaddyx

Only here for the Cider

• Members
  • 1,458 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:H.O.R.S.E., Triple Stud, Razz

Posted 26 December 2009 - 02:22 PM

Although they probably don't need to all this nonsense about blood testing, lawsuits etc is just to build hype for the fight. The could be the last mega fight for some time and they will want every possible bit of media coverage that they can get.
The Queens we use would not excite you.

#27 bmtphs05

bmtphs05

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 03:25 PM

Berto pulls out of fight with Mosley. Won't blame him at all, he's going through a lot after the disaster in Haiti.Step up Floyd.

#28 bmtphs05

bmtphs05

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 01:40 PM

Pacquiao/Clottey a week away. Even though it doesn't have the star power matchup like Mayweather/Mosley, this will be a better fight to watch.

#29 savagerebel

savagerebel

This is my custom title

• Members
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 11:16 AM

I just find that I can't get into boxing as much as I used to. I think MMA has ruined me. Anyway I do think I would be sucked in with a live fight. This is coming to my area and I am pretty sure I am going to make it out there.ESPN Boxing Eliminator Fight3/19/2010 8:00 PM - 10:30 PMLive at the Durant Choctaw Event Center!Friday, March 19th, 2010 at 8:00PM CentralDoors open at 7:00PM. $100.00 - Platinum$75.00 - Gold$55.00 - Silver$35.00 - Generalhttp://www.choctawca...spx#calendarTopSechew Powell 25-2 vs Deandre Latimore 20-2

#30 bmtphs05

bmtphs05

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 11:27 AM

Once again, he made it look easy. Even if it was against a guy who apparently didn't want to win.No offense to Mosley, who I really like, but Pac/Mayweather has to happen. Enough of this pre-fight testing garbage.

#31 byaaatch

byaaatch

Weeee I can change my title

• Members
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 09:22 PM

View Postbmtphs05, on Sunday, March 14th, 2010, 11:27 AM, said:

Once again, he made it look easy. Even if it was against a guy who apparently didn't want to win.No offense to Mosley, who I really like, but Pac/Mayweather has to happen. Enough of this pre-fight testing garbage.
As much as I would love to see this happen I honestly can't see it happening.

#32 jdrury12

jdrury12

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:NLHE

Posted 14 March 2010 - 09:44 PM

I'd be shocked if it didn't. The only reason it didn't happen the first time was because PBF's people were upset it wasn't getting the right amount of press. The fight was supposed to happen in March and people in January didn't care. If it's signed tomorrow for an August date, people will get excited. They are just slowly dragging people in with the 'it has to happen' talk.

#33 GWCGWC

GWCGWC

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 14,661 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 11:07 PM

Mayweather/Mosley tomorrow. I wish I could bring myself to PPV this but I just can't pull the trigger on $54.99. I'm sure I won't be able to avoid hearing about the results for 2 weeks and it's replayed on HBO. I think it'll be 12 rounds of boxing worth watching. The 2 middle rounds that mayweather takes off could probably be skipped but there will be a lot of boxing goodness in the other rounds of this bout. Surely the Pacquiao fight will go through after this.

#34 bmtphs05

bmtphs05

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 07:22 AM

View PostGWCGWC, on Friday, April 30th, 2010, 11:07 PM, said:

Mayweather/Mosley tomorrow. I wish I could bring myself to PPV this but I just can't pull the trigger on $54.99. I'm sure I won't be able to avoid hearing about the results for 2 weeks and it's replayed on HBO. I think it'll be 12 rounds of boxing worth watching. The 2 middle rounds that mayweather takes off could probably be skipped but there will be a lot of boxing goodness in the other rounds of this bout. Surely the Pacquiao fight will go through after this.
It definitely will if Mosley wins. After the failed negotiations with Mayweather, I don't know if he and Pacquiao can agree on all the testing garbage. Plus, tomorrow night will do a huge number of PPV buys, so Floyd is gonna want more of the revenue instead of a 50/50 split.

#35 bmtphs05

bmtphs05

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 11:57 PM

Mayweather cruises in last ten rounds, but I've never seen him that badly hurt in a fight in round 2. I jumped when Mosley landed that second massive right hand. But I didn't expect Floyd to just humiliate Mosley in last part of the fight.Again, Pacquiao/Mayweather has to happen, but I don't think it's going to. There's NOBODY left for Mayweather to fight.

#36 Ron_Mexico

Ron_Mexico

You mess with the bull, you'll get the horns

• Members
  • 33,056 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 06:12 AM

View Postbmtphs05, on Sunday, May 2nd, 2010, 3:57 AM, said:

Mayweather cruises in last ten rounds, but I've never seen him that badly hurt in a fight in round 2. I jumped when Mosley landed that second massive right hand. But I didn't expect Floyd to just humiliate Mosley in last part of the fight.Again, Pacquiao/Mayweather has to happen, but I don't think it's going to. There's NOBODY left for Mayweather to fight.
I wouldn't say nobody. He could fight Paul Williams, Cotto, etc.
I make $31,000 dollars a year and I have a home.

#37 bmtphs05

bmtphs05

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 01:10 PM

I wouldn't have a problem with him fighting Williams, that's a decent fight they could make later. Some suggested Sergio Martinez as well, again do that down the road. I don't think a fight against Cotto will mean all that much now. Cotto's been beaten up in three of his last four fights, and know he's out of the welterweight division for the time being.He has to fight Pacquiao next. Pacquiao has to give in and take the damn tests.

#38 Ron_Mexico

Ron_Mexico

You mess with the bull, you'll get the horns

• Members
  • 33,056 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 06:50 PM

I've heard, and it could be wrong, that Manny has softened his stance all the way down to 14 days before the test when he was holding firm at 24 days before.
I make $31,000 dollars a year and I have a home.

#39 dna4ever

dna4ever

The Parochial Chicken

• Members
  • 33,614 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:HORSE

Posted 11 May 2010 - 08:20 AM

Pacquiao-Mayweather gaining traction"I think the fight will happen," said Roach, who was in New York with another of his fighters, Amir Khan, who defends his junior welterweight title against Paulie Malignaggi on Saturday night at Madison Square Garden."It will probably be November, maybe October," Roach added. "November's not a great pay-per-view month, but I think it will happen."Roach wouldn't say whether Pacquiao would budge on the drug-testing dilemma. Full story - http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=5178115

#40 dna4ever

dna4ever

The Parochial Chicken

• Members
  • 33,614 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:HORSE

Posted 11 May 2010 - 09:32 AM

one thing I don't understand what the big deal is .... is even though Pacquiao said he wouldn't allow blood within 24 days of the fight because he felt it would weaken him, he has publicly agreed to have blood taken immediately after the fight. Why can't they make the agreement and have a clause in the contract that says if any type of performance enhancing drugs were found then it was an automatic forfeit or title and money or something similar.I totally get Mayweather 'sPOV of doing the Olympic Style testing, but certainly there are legitimate compromises that do not have to go through a shit ton of mediation again?

Reply to this topic

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users