• Please log in to reply
606 replies to this topic

#1 fighter

fighter

2009 Year of the grind

• Members
  • 2,761 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 01:29 AM

Fox new ad in Washington post Posted ImageRick Sanchez on air response http://www.thrfeed.c...ews-video-.htmlCNN reply ad24hr news seems alot like professional wrestling now a days.

#2 Avaron

Avaron

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 321 posts
  • Interests:Music, books, pc games, poker
  • Favorite Poker Game:Mixed Games

Posted 21 September 2009 - 04:18 AM

looking forward to a 5 man battle royal. who would fight? one thing is for sure: glenn beck is heel.
PokerStars: Avaron

#3 85suited

85suited

Politics Forum Pundit

• Members
  • 1,686 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Vast Right Wing Conspirator

Posted 21 September 2009 - 04:25 AM

CNN,MSN,and the Nets are a joke...If 50 people showed in Washington to protest the war or banks or wall street it would be first segment news.in February 2003, during the lead-up to the Iraq war, CNN aired a two-hour special report, “Voices of Dissent,” which was devoted to an anti-war protest organized by International ANSWER, a radical left-wing organization. The following month on March 22, 2003 CNN broadcast 38 separate reports on another anti-Iraq war demonstration. On the other hand, CNN personalities recently labeled anti-Obama protesters 'insane.' There’s no way that Sanchez’s claim, that CNN “covered it as well, probably less than we covered” the Tea Party, can be accurate.How they can't report on a story ACORN fraud when they are eligible for 4 billion dollars of your tax money is beyond me..They are either too stupid or complicit

#4 lolly.gag.her

lolly.gag.her

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 04:45 AM

Dems watch CNN ~ anti rush limbaugh and coRep watch FOX ~ anti barack obama (but its not because he is black)so that will fall into the catagory of what you are is what you watchthat might be painting a broad stoke of everyone but it is what it is
~VOLCANO NACHOS REALLY DO CHANGE A MAN ~ they can also cause stainage on your toilet bowl

#5 SlapStick

SlapStick

I'll be glad to see you later

• Members
  • 3,698 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Live

Posted 21 September 2009 - 04:49 AM

View Post85suited, on Monday, September 21st, 2009, 1:25 PM, said:

CNN,MSN,and the Nets are a joke...If 50 people showed in Washington to protest the war or banks or wall street it would be first segment news.in February 2003, during the lead-up to the Iraq war, CNN aired a two-hour special report, “Voices of Dissent,” which was devoted to an anti-war protest organized by International ANSWER, a radical left-wing organization. The following month on March 22, 2003 CNN broadcast 38 separate reports on another anti-Iraq war demonstration. On the other hand, CNN personalities recently labeled anti-Obama protesters 'insane.' There’s no way that Sanchez’s claim, that CNN “covered it as well, probably less than we covered” the Tea Party, can be accurate.How they can't report on a story ACORN fraud when they are eligible for 4 billion dollars of your tax money is beyond me..They are either too stupid or complicit
wait, wait, wait. You watch Fox??
Luck123: Hi everyone :)
Ziigmund: f u luck

My favourite thread in the whole wide world
http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...howtopic=126798

#6 Pot Odds RAC

Pot Odds RAC

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 7,172 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Live NL TxHE

Posted 21 September 2009 - 05:25 AM

I don't watch a lot of televised news coverage. However I don't recall seeing a single "headline" on CNN's web page related to this story - until their response to FOX's ad.

#7 85suited

85suited

Politics Forum Pundit

• Members
  • 1,686 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Vast Right Wing Conspirator

Posted 21 September 2009 - 05:44 AM

View PostSlapStick, on Monday, September 21st, 2009, 7:49 AM, said:

wait, wait, wait. You watch Fox??
How did you guess?How do you not cover the ACORN scandal? 4 Billion of Tax Payers fund available and it isn't newsworthy?Especially since Obama told us all during the election how important it was to be a community organizerEach network was offered the ACORN tapes before FOX and passed..

#8 Zealous Donkey

Zealous Donkey

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,219 posts
  • Interests:Poker, Reading, Sports
  • Favorite Poker Game:NL Holdem

Posted 21 September 2009 - 06:28 AM

The liberal bias in the media is nothing new. What is new is that all of the MSM have dropped all pretense to being objective. It is not uncommon for them to flaunt their support for Obama and his policies. I don't know what effect this will have in the long run. I do think the general public is catching on that they aren't getting the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth from the media and that the media has an agenda one and the same as the president. As this sinks in the MSM will continue their decline, until the pretense is dropped altogether and we have an offical State Run media, aside from PBS. http://thehill.com/b...er-bailout-bill
"Never play pool with a guy that brings his own stick. And Never, Ever play pool with a guy that brings his own table." ~Hoyt Axton

#9 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Deplorable Lives Matter

• Members
  • 24,409 posts
  • Interests:Cigars, Flying, Golf, Bible
  • Favorite Poker Game:Golf

Posted 21 September 2009 - 06:28 AM

Fox News is on track to have its most-watched year ever, showing significant ratings growth despite coming off a high-flying election season. With the second quarter coming to a close, Fox News averaged about the same number of viewers as the top three other cable news networks combined. And while rivals like CNN (-22%) and MSNBC (-18%) took hits following last quarter’s Inauguration-fueled boost, Fox News (-3%) remained nearly steady.Compared with last year, Fox News (averaging 2.1 million viewers, 509,000 adults 25-54 quarter-to-date) is up 35% over last year in primetime viewers and 48% in the demo. CNN (805,000 viewers, 210,000 in demo) was -16% in viewers and -29% in the demo. MSNBC (787,000 viewers, 259,000 in demo) climbed 15% in viewers and about on par, -3%, in the demo. And CNN Headline News (553,000, 201,000) showed very strong growth, up 39% and 37%, respectively, and is on track for its best second quarter yet.

I use my cigar smoke as idiot repellent

Most bad government has come out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

#10 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,896 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:5/10 NLHE (100 max buy in)

Posted 21 September 2009 - 07:00 AM

I think the MSM saw how successful FoxNews has been going the "drop all pretenses, hyper-partisan route" so to try and not go the way of the dodo like newspapers they are copying the format.It would be nice to have ONE unbiased news source.
"Give a little bit.....give a little bit of your chips to me...."

#11 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Deplorable Lives Matter

• Members
  • 24,409 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 07:03 AM

View PostCaneBrain, on Monday, September 21st, 2009, 8:00 AM, said:

I think the MSM saw how successful FoxNews has been going the "drop all pretenses, hyper-partisan route" so to try and not go the way of the dodo like newspapers they are copying the format.It would be nice to have ONE unbiased news source.
For straight news I think Fox is unbiased.Their 'bias' is just in their commentators.When it's news times, it's 90% "White girl missing let's all focus on creepy guy X" etc.After all: They report, You decide

#12 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 26,989 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 07:03 AM

View PostCaneBrain, on Monday, September 21st, 2009, 11:00 AM, said:

Well you have to go outside the US to find them but BBC and CBC are pretty good and I suggest everybody read The Economist, all their articles are available for free online. Best newsmagazine in the World without a doubt.
Bob

info@fullcontactpoker.com

#13 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,896 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:5/10 NLHE (100 max buy in)

Posted 21 September 2009 - 07:10 AM

View PostBalloon guy, on Monday, September 21st, 2009, 11:03 AM, said:

For straight news I think Fox is unbiased.Their 'bias' is just in their commentators.When it's news times, it's 90% "White girl missing let's all focus on creepy guy X" etc.After all: They report, You decide
every news station is much more about commentators than straight news anyway. When people think FoxNews, they think Beck, Hannity, O'Reilly....not whoever does the boring, old regular news. Same for MSNBC. People think Matthews and Olbermann not whoever does the boring stuff.That's probably a huge part of the problem....
"Give a little bit.....give a little bit of your chips to me...."

#14 LongLiveYorke

LongLiveYorke

Ending the world one proton at a time

• Members
  • 8,356 posts
  • Interests:fizziks, teh maths, Raid-o-head, Rod Reynolds

Posted 21 September 2009 - 07:55 AM

Pretty much all of Fox and MSNBC as well as a lot of CNN is unwatchable.The only shows I watch are Meet the Press and George Stephanopoulos (and sometimes the McLaughlin Group... but don't tell anybody).

#15 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 26,989 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 07:59 AM

View PostLongLiveYorke, on Monday, September 21st, 2009, 11:55 AM, said:

Pretty much all of Fox and MSNBC as well as a lot of CNN is unwatchable.The only shows I watch are Meet the Press and George Stephanopoulos (and sometimes the McLaughlin Group... but don't tell anybody).
You should add this show to the mix from CNN, really good show on International Affairs.http://www.cnn.com/C...ed.zakaria.gps/Plus he was the one who told me about that healthcare article in The Atlantic
Bob

info@fullcontactpoker.com

#16 LongLiveYorke

LongLiveYorke

Ending the world one proton at a time

• Members
  • 8,356 posts
  • Interests:fizziks, teh maths, Raid-o-head, Rod Reynolds

Posted 21 September 2009 - 10:15 AM

View PostFCP Bob, on Monday, September 21st, 2009, 11:59 AM, said:

You should add this show to the mix from CNN, really good show on International Affairs.http://www.cnn.com/C...ed.zakaria.gps/Plus he was the one who told me about that healthcare article in The Atlantic
Oh, yeah, I've seen his show too. It's pretty good. I like that he's a smart guy and he listens to his guests and tries to get interesting information out of them. I mean, it sounds laughable when I have to spell out in such simple terms what makes a good news show, but so many fail to do to the obvious.

#17 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Deplorable Lives Matter

• Members
  • 24,409 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 10:41 AM

Well if you want to really want to save time, just listen to Rush Limbaugh for all your news.He spends his weekends watching news programs etc and can break them all down to simple sound bites that are accurate 98.7% of the time.I haven't watched a news program or read a paper in years because of this time saving technique.

#18 DanielNegreanu

DanielNegreanu

Poker Forum Veteran

• Root Admin
  • 8,301 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 03:48 PM

View PostBalloon guy, on Monday, September 21st, 2009, 11:41 AM, said:

Well if you want to really want to save time, just listen to Rush Limbaugh for all your news.He spends his weekends watching news programs etc and can break them all down to simple sound bites that are accurate 98.7% of the time.I haven't watched a news program or read a paper in years because of this time saving technique.
He's the guy who said, "In Obama's America black kids beat up on white kids on school buses."
Posted Image

#19 DanielNegreanu

DanielNegreanu

Poker Forum Veteran

• Root Admin
  • 8,301 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 03:51 PM

View Postlolly.gag.her, on Monday, September 21st, 2009, 5:45 AM, said:

Dems watch CNN ~ anti rush limbaugh and coRep watch FOX ~ anti barack obama (but its not because he is black)so that will fall into the catagory of what you are is what you watchthat might be painting a broad stoke of everyone but it is what it is
Sounds about right to me. I love CNN and whenever I watch Fox I want to punch everyone in the face. They yell WAAAAY more often on that network and yelling annoys me, regardless of what they are saying. Rush Limbaugh is a piece of crap to me. I don't hate too many people, but him, Glen Beck, and Bill O'Reilly top my list of people I'd like to spit on.
Posted Image

#20 Karrol Lina

Karrol Lina

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 04:23 PM

View PostDanielNegreanu, on Monday, September 21st, 2009, 6:51 PM, said:

Sounds about right to me. I love CNN and whenever I watch Fox I want to punch everyone in the face. They yell WAAAAY more often on that network and yelling annoys me, regardless of what they are saying. Rush Limbaugh is a piece of crap to me. I don't hate too many people, but him, Glen Beck, and Bill O'Reilly top my list of people I'd like to spit on.
Wow, your pretty nice, I have way more people than three, that I'd like to spit on.. :club:
The deepest human defeat suffered by human beings is constituted by the difference between what one was capable of becoming and what one has in fact become

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users