Random Basketball Observations

4115 replies to this topic

#41 rcooj_7

rcooj_7

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,199 posts
  • Interests:Poker (online and even more live), Basketball, Not Working, watching sports (Warriors, Raiders, Athletics, Shraks)
  • Favorite Poker Game:PLOhi. nlhe/lhe

Posted 04 November 2009 - 04:19 PM

Going to Warriors/Memphis game tonight.. should be fun... F*** Mayo
Follow My Sports Bets!!!!!!
Follow my sports Bets^^^^^^^^^^^

http://www.centsports.com/?opcode=588494
Play for free here and follow my bets from this site... They give you $.10 and if you go broke, they just give you another $.10 if you get over $20 they willsend you a check, thought i would share with you guys.

Fulltilt- rcooj_7
Pokerstars- madicardsAA

Raiders +4 games > Falcons -4 games. Fredecs $120 to my $100
Warriors +12.5 > Hawks with Fred, $100 -$100

#42 Canary3

Canary3

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,374 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:short handed pot limit omaha

Posted 04 November 2009 - 09:16 PM

Go Memphis! Hope you have/had a good time!
You can get free stuff just for signing up for an online poker room http://www.pokersource.com/?rc=whatsupma3

#43 rcooj_7

rcooj_7

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,199 posts
  • Interests:Poker (online and even more live), Basketball, Not Working, watching sports (Warriors, Raiders, Athletics, Shraks)

Posted 05 November 2009 - 12:37 AM

View PostCanary3, on Wednesday, November 4th, 2009, 9:16 PM, said:

Go Memphis! Hope you have/had a good time!
Was ok.... So much more going on when you are there rather then on TV/sportscenter.... Fun notes.... Smart led most timeout huddles, while Nelson stared at the floor. My buddy and I were upgraded to front row of the upper bowl... he said there were 5 seats left and there were these fine ass Iranian chicks sitting 2 rows back, so we brought them along... Got to see jackson cry after EVERY no call.. and watch Randolph get a cramp in the butt after sitting for too long... watching Gay and Morrow go back and forth was AWESOME.... good to see a win, many more to come....

Play for free here and follow my bets from this site... They give you $.10 and if you go broke, they just give you another $.10 if you get over $20 they willsend you a check, thought i would share with you guys.

Fulltilt- rcooj_7
Pokerstars- madicardsAA

#44 Poppy_Hillis

Poppy_Hillis

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 3,886 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 02:43 AM

The Rockets play really really hard.

#45 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 20,087 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 03:44 AM

Starters Min FG 3Pt FT +/- Off Reb Ast TO Stl BS BA PF Pts D. Fisher 34:03 0-5 0-1 0-0 -2 0 0 0 0 2 0 0 2 0 Deriek Fisher's stats from last night vs Houston34 minutes from a guard with zero points, zero assists and zero rebounds. That's pretty hard to do.
Bob

info@fullcontactpoker.com

#46 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 20,087 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 03:45 AM

View PostPoppy_Hillis, on Thursday, November 5th, 2009, 5:43 AM, said:

The Rockets play really really hard.
And they play really really smart.I'll be rooting for the Rockets all year for those two reasons.
Bob

#47 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,896 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:5/10 NLHE (100 max buy in)

Posted 05 November 2009 - 04:58 AM

Beasley Watch: Beasley is very quiet in a loss to the Suns and a win at the Wiz. In fairness, it was Wade time against the Wiz as he exploded for 40 points in a close win. So far, Beasley seems to be slightly improved on the court and not getting into trouble off it.Heat are 4-1. Like their chances to slip into the playoffs around #6.
"Give a little bit.....give a little bit of your chips to me...."

#48 king_tanner

king_tanner

Poker Forum C***

• Members
  • 11,047 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Crazy Pineapple hi/lo

Posted 05 November 2009 - 10:24 AM

I really like the Rockets. I'm sad things haven't worked out with McGrady and Yao, last year was especially promising. Yao should be getting injured a lot because he is such a monster, but McGrady has been a huuuuuge letdown, even when he's healthy.

QUOTE (rcgs59 @ Wednesday, January 5th, 2011, 8:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
$5,000 lol wish it was 5000

#49 Canary3

Canary3

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,374 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:short handed pot limit omaha

Posted 05 November 2009 - 11:46 AM

Also a fan of the rockets for above reasons. Very rare for a team in the NBA to play both hard and smart.
You can get free stuff just for signing up for an online poker room http://www.pokersource.com/?rc=whatsupma3

#50 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 20,087 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 03:59 AM

I really feel sorry for Chris Paul, it's going to be a tough season in New Orleans. They probably have the worst and fastest declining group of wing players in the NBA.James Posey looks horrible. Peja is looking really old. Mo Pete is done like dinner and the worst starting wing player in the NBA and I love him from his Raptor days.
Bob

#51 babylondonks

babylondonks

I have had a perfectly wonderful evening

• Members
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 01:40 PM

I'm so glad we didn't give Posey that extra year on his contract right now. But really, I don't have much respect for Chris Paul. Very dirty/thuggish player that hides behind his persona.

#52 Jadaki

Jadaki

IIOY?

• Members
  • 22,247 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 04:07 PM

What's up with Shaq banging Arenas's fiance?

#53 Poppy_Hillis

Poppy_Hillis

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 3,886 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 12:47 AM

View PostJadaki, on Tuesday, November 10th, 2009, 4:07 PM, said:

Did you read the emails? It was pretty funny. I'm going to start telling girls I want to fill dat up.

#54 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,896 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 05:57 AM

Beasley/Heat Watch:Beasley goes for 15 last night against the Wiz but needs 19 shots to get there. Still seems to be struggling to find his place on the team. But his attitude has been really good.Wade drops 41, though, and the Heat move to 6-1. I know they will regress to the mean eventually but it is nice to have a hot start. Chalmers looks like he made a jump over the offseason which is fantastic.

#55 rcooj_7

rcooj_7

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 11:39 PM

View PostCaneBrain, on Wednesday, November 11th, 2009, 5:57 AM, said:

Beasley/Heat Watch:Beasley goes for 15 last night against the Wiz but needs 19 shots to get there. Still seems to be struggling to find his place on the team. But his attitude has been really good.Wade drops 41, though, and the Heat move to 6-1. I know they will regress to the mean eventually but it is nice to have a hot start. Chalmers looks like he made a jump over the offseason which is fantastic.
Vegas is loving the Heat right now... thankfully, ive thought they are underrated still this year.... have won me a few units

Fulltilt- rcooj_7
Pokerstars- madicardsAA

#56 Poppy_Hillis

Poppy_Hillis

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 3,886 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 03:32 AM

I don't know about you guys, but I cannot wait for the Cavs Wizards game, Wednesday on ESPN.

#57 JoeyJoJo

JoeyJoJo

On the road to 8,143 (approximately)

• Members
  • 8,140 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 08:57 AM

Steve Kerr said he would trade his career for Steve Nash's career.Steve Nash: two-time MVP, great individual stats, some postseason success, but no championships.Steve Kerr: key role player, five rings including famous series winning shot off a pass from MJ.Which career would you take? I would probably lean towards Nash if it wasn't for that one shot, but I still think it's close.
Homer: Moe, I need your advice.
Moe: Yeah?
Homer: See, I got this friend named... Joey Jo Jo... Junior... Shabadoo.
Moe: That's the worst name I ever heard.

#58 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,896 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 09:35 AM

http://sports.espn.g...ronMiami-091112Please, oh please, please......make it so.

#59 JoeyJoJo

JoeyJoJo

On the road to 8,143 (approximately)

• Members
  • 8,140 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 12:21 PM

View PostCaneBrain, on Thursday, November 12th, 2009, 9:35 AM, said:

http://sports.espn.g...ronMiami-091112Please, oh please, please......make it so.
Marc Stein talked about this scenario as well.Heard it from someone plugged into the Team USA scene this week. From a prominent player agent. From an Eastern Conference team official, too.Move Miami up your list.That's the advice I'm getting more and more. No doctorate required to understand the thinking, either: Miami's combination of Dwyane Wade, Pat Riley, sufficient cap space to sign one max player and the bonus attraction of South Beach adds up to an offer LeBron might not be able to refuse.Did we mention D-Wade?The long-held assumption around the league called for Riley -- forever married to the idea that you win nothing without a dominant big man -- to try to sign Bosh away from Toronto to partner with D-Wade, helped along by the fact that Bosh and Wade are both represented by Chicago-based agent Henry Thomas. Yet one source close to the situation told ESPN.com on Thursday night that the theory is outdated. The source is further convinced that Bosh isn't even looking at Miami and that Riley is definitely dreaming of a Wade-and-LeBron combo. Michael Beasley might be the only other NBA-worthy starter besides Wade on the Heat's roster come July -- and Beasley obviously still has plenty to prove -- but surely James will be tempted. Think about it.Let's not overstate the chance to work with Riley or the South Beach factor but instead focus solely on the opportunity to hook up with his fellow 2003 draftee and form what might be the most dynamic perimeter tag team of all-time. At worst? LeBron and Wade could sure put a modern/scary/spectacular spin on the Jordan-and-Scottie Pippen concept.I'm starting to get the vibe that the Cavs know it, too.I also heard that Wade stays at Lebron's house when they go to Cleveland, so it seems like these guys are real friends, not just basketball friends.If that were to happen, how many games do the Heat get on national television? 50?
Homer: Moe, I need your advice.
Moe: Yeah?
Homer: See, I got this friend named... Joey Jo Jo... Junior... Shabadoo.
Moe: That's the worst name I ever heard.

#60 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 20,087 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 12:38 PM

Assuming that D Wade stays in Miami there is no question that the Heat are the most attractive of the teams that will have cap space to sign a max free agent.I'm going to comment about Bosh in the Raptors thread since there has been a bunch of talk over there about it.
Bob

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users