#21 Jadaki

Jadaki

IIOY?

• Members
  • 22,247 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 10:08 AM

View PostFCP Bob, on Thursday, October 29th, 2009, 12:48 PM, said:

they might sign Lebron next year.
I just listened to an interview Lebetard had with Pat Riley yesterday who seems to be implying they are going to be trying to sign Lebron next season too saying they are the only team with room to sign 2 max contract players (not sure how accurate that is).

#22 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

Forum Entitlist

• Members
  • 26,672 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 01:13 PM

View PostFCP Bob, on Wednesday, October 28th, 2009, 10:41 PM, said:

Interesting fact, in Canada Mountain Dew doesn't contain caffeine as only dark soft drinks like Colas or Root Beer can have caffeine added to them.
Without caffine, mountain dew has to be the worlds worst drink.

View PostCaneBrain, on Thursday, October 29th, 2009, 11:33 AM, said:

Michael Beasley watch:Beasley got off to a good start last night going for 21pts on 9 of 14 from the floor in an easy Heat win (over the Knicks). He also did not do anything crazy. More to follow.
I hope he turns it around. Mental illness in sports isn't treated enough, or openly and honestly.

View PostFCP Bob, on Thursday, October 29th, 2009, 12:48 PM, said:

Speaking of the Knicks. They should be the worst team in the league this year and it's pretty disgusting what they are doing in the faint hope that they might sign Lebron next year.
Man the Knicks screwed themselves. When they started down this salary dumping/sign lebron path, it was before the economy crashed. They thought they were going to be able to sign 2 max payroll players, if the cap grew like it did in the past. Now, instead of the salary cap growing, it has shrunk for the first time ever, a couple seasons in a row, and that just ends the Knicks franchise for pretty much ever.
"We are only wise in knowing that we know nothing"
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

"I'm a basketball player and a businessman, not a Thundercat,"
-Lebron James

#23 bigkg

bigkg

Douchebag

• Members
  • 5,070 posts
  • Interests:IU basketball

Posted 29 October 2009 - 03:35 PM

http://deadspin.com/...ant-you-to-read

#24 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 26,930 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 04:14 PM

View Postbigkg, on Thursday, October 29th, 2009, 7:35 PM, said:

Thanks for the link.I think anybody who has read any of my posts knows that I think NBA refs cheat so it wouldn't surprise me if everything in that book is true. It also wouldn't surprise me if a bunch of it is made up and twisted by a scumbag.
Bob

info@fullcontactpoker.com

#25 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

Forum Entitlist

• Members
  • 26,672 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 04:19 PM

View PostFCP Bob, on Thursday, October 29th, 2009, 7:14 PM, said:

Thanks for the link.I think anybody who has read any of my posts knows that I think NBA refs cheat so it wouldn't surprise me if everything in that book is true. It also wouldn't surprise me if a bunch of it is made up and twisted by a scumbag.
LOL pretty much this. I have absolutely no idea how much of that is going to end up being true... the only thing that would surprise me is if NONE of it was true. Also the NBA has squashed the book with lawsuit threats to random house or who ever's publishing it, and it's no longer coming out.
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

-Lebron James

#26 keith crime

keith crime

Ron Mexico's ghostwriter

• Members
  • 7,436 posts
  • Interests:flesh peddling

Posted 29 October 2009 - 04:44 PM

so everything we always thought was true about the NBA but revealed by a convicted liar - see Roger Clemenssomehow i believe it all

#27 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

Forum Entitlist

• Members
  • 26,672 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 04:45 PM

I am also going to call Shaq "Shaqatross" all season, because he's an albatross hanging around lebron's neck.
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

-Lebron James

#28 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 26,930 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 05:59 PM

View PostBigDMcGee, on Thursday, October 29th, 2009, 8:45 PM, said:

I am also going to call Shaq "Shaqatross" all season, because he's an albatross hanging around lebron's neck.
The trade itself wasn't a bad one. Ben Wallace, Sasha Pavlovic along with a second-round pick in the 2010 draft and $500,000 in cash for Shaq and they don't have any obligations to him beyond this year.The problem is that the Cavs front court is just so damn slow. If you have Shaq you have to do something else to get some better fits to complement him and LeBron. I think they're going to have to move Ilgauskas and his expiring contract if they want to have any chance this year.Now I'm not saying that Shaq and LeBron are going to be a great fit either together and you can't really be sure what Shaq is going to give you over a complete season.
Bob

#29 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 26,930 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 06:28 PM

View PostJadaki, on Thursday, October 29th, 2009, 2:08 PM, said:

I just listened to an interview Lebetard had with Pat Riley yesterday who seems to be implying they are going to be trying to sign Lebron next season too saying they are the only team with room to sign 2 max contract players (not sure how accurate that is).
http://hoopshype.com...aries/miami.htmMiami has the big contracts of O'Neal, Richardson and Haslem coming off the books after this season so they for sure will have the cap space to take on a max contract free agent. I think the second one they are referring to would be them resigning Wade.
Bob

#30 rcooj_7

rcooj_7

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,199 posts
  • Interests:Poker (online and even more live), Basketball, Not Working, watching sports (Warriors, Raiders, Athletics, Shraks)
  • Favorite Poker Game:PLOhi. nlhe/lhe

Posted 29 October 2009 - 09:52 PM

View PostFCP Bob, on Thursday, October 29th, 2009, 5:14 PM, said:

It would be so easy for them to cheat too... The over/under on games would be very simple to beat in my opinion... Think about it... the refs have the power to slow the game down, speed it up. they can control overtime in certain situations.Imagine the player props that they could do.... LeBron over 29.5 tonight? guess who goes to the line 14 times, and has only 2 fouls against for the game... With all the offshore accounts... litterally dozens that they could have.... they could be laying 100k on one game easy.
Follow My Sports Bets!!!!!!
Follow my sports Bets^^^^^^^^^^^

http://www.centsports.com/?opcode=588494
Play for free here and follow my bets from this site... They give you $.10 and if you go broke, they just give you another $.10 if you get over $20 they willsend you a check, thought i would share with you guys.

Fulltilt- rcooj_7
Pokerstars- madicardsAA

Raiders +4 games > Falcons -4 games. Fredecs $120 to my $100
Warriors +12.5 > Hawks with Fred, $100 -$100

#31 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,896 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:5/10 NLHE (100 max buy in)

Posted 31 October 2009 - 06:18 AM

View PostJadaki, on Thursday, October 29th, 2009, 2:08 PM, said:

Assuming the salary cap contracts a little bit, Miami will be the only team with the ability to sign 2 max guys. Lebron? That seems like a fantasy. Wade and Bosh seems very likely however.Beasley watch: 12 and 9 against the Pacers in another easy win. So far so good. He even got to the line a little bit last night.
"Give a little bit.....give a little bit of your chips to me...."

#32 king_tanner

king_tanner

Poker Forum C***

• Members
  • 11,672 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Crazy Pineapple hi/lo

Posted 01 November 2009 - 07:53 PM

Wasn't there something about Lebron going to New Jersey also so he could play for Jay-Z? Would work, New Jersey doesn't have anyone.I was looking through the rosters on yahoo, and they have the players salary next to their names. I didn't go through all the teams but lol at Jason Kidd, Jermaine O'Neal, and Iverson getting paid 21 mil this year.
QUOTE (rcgs59 @ Wednesday, January 5th, 2011, 8:14 PM)
$5,000 lol wish it was 5000

#33 Poppy_Hillis

Poppy_Hillis

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 3,904 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 09:59 PM

View Postking_tanner, on Sunday, November 1st, 2009, 7:53 PM, said:

Wasn't there something about Lebron going to New Jersey also so he could play for Jay-Z? Would work, New Jersey doesn't have anyone.
If the Nets get Lebron they will be the favorite in the East. They have some good young players who could follow a leader, including a guy who can score on the block.

#34 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,896 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 08:52 AM

Beasley Watch: A rough 3 for 12 shooting night but Haslem comes off the bench to save the day. Heat move to 3-0, Beasley looks like a solid B so far.

#35 rcooj_7

rcooj_7

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,199 posts
  • Interests:Poker (online and even more live), Basketball, Not Working, watching sports (Warriors, Raiders, Athletics, Shraks)

Posted 02 November 2009 - 09:12 AM

View PostCaneBrain, on Monday, November 2nd, 2009, 8:52 AM, said:

Beasley Watch: A rough 3 for 12 shooting night but Haslem comes off the bench to save the day. Heat move to 3-0, Beasley looks like a solid B so far.
I dont want to bash, or rain on any parades... but who gives a shit about beasley?

Play for free here and follow my bets from this site... They give you $.10 and if you go broke, they just give you another $.10 if you get over $20 they willsend you a check, thought i would share with you guys.

Fulltilt- rcooj_7
Pokerstars- madicardsAA

#36 Jadaki

Jadaki

IIOY?

• Members
  • 22,247 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 09:14 AM

View Postrcooj_7, on Monday, November 2nd, 2009, 11:12 AM, said:

I dont want to bash, or rain on any parades... but who gives a shit about beasley?
I don't want to state the obvious, but probably Heat fans.

#37 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,896 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 09:31 AM

View Postrcooj_7, on Monday, November 2nd, 2009, 12:12 PM, said:

I think anything could happen with him and his career right now so I am tracking it. The title of this thread says random basketball observations. Embrace it.

#38 king_tanner

king_tanner

Poker Forum C***

• Members
  • 11,672 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Crazy Pineapple hi/lo

Posted 02 November 2009 - 02:43 PM

View PostPoppy_Hillis, on Sunday, November 1st, 2009, 9:59 PM, said:

If the Nets get Lebron they will be the favorite in the East. They have some good young players who could follow a leader, including a guy who can score on the block.
Who would play defense? Brook Lopez? Yi? I don't think they would be better than Orlando or Boston if they had Lebron right now.I like Douglas-Roberts though.
QUOTE (rcgs59 @ Wednesday, January 5th, 2011, 8:14 PM)
$5,000 lol wish it was 5000

#39 rcooj_7

rcooj_7

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 03:52 PM

View PostCaneBrain, on Monday, November 2nd, 2009, 9:31 AM, said:

I think anything could happen with him and his career right now so I am tracking it. The title of this thread says random basketball observations. Embrace it.
ill embrace then :club:

Fulltilt- rcooj_7
Pokerstars- madicardsAA

#40 Poppy_Hillis

Poppy_Hillis

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 3,904 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 04:47 PM

View Postking_tanner, on Monday, November 2nd, 2009, 3:43 PM, said:

Who would play defense? Brook Lopez? Yi? I don't think they would be better than Orlando or Boston if they had Lebron right now.I like Douglas-Roberts though.
That would be the question, although I would be confident they could be at least an average defensive team, which is pretty much all they would need to be. They would be right there.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users