Random Basketball Observations

4141 replies to this topic

#1961 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

pure brody

• Members
  • 21,057 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:37 PM

the lakers need to man up and trade pau.

#1962 DJ Vu

DJ Vu

DJ Vu

• Members
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 12:31 PM

View PostSuitedAces21, on Monday, March 12th, 2012, 1:37 PM, said:

the lakers need to man up and trade pau.
Marc Stein ‏ @ESPNSteinLineBulls exploring avenues to try to trade for Lakers' Pau Gasol, sources close to situation say. Story going up now at ESPN online

#1963 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 20,397 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 12:42 PM

View PostDJ Vu, on Tuesday, March 13th, 2012, 4:31 PM, said:

Marc Stein ‏ @ESPNSteinLineBulls exploring avenues to try to trade for Lakers' Pau Gasol, sources close to situation say. Story going up now at ESPN online
I would think that would have to be a 3-way trade since any deal for the Lakers would have to involve a point guard and the Bulls don't have one that would make the Lakers better who they would trade.
Bob

info@fullcontactpoker.com

#1964 DJ Vu

DJ Vu

DJ Vu

• Members
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 12:48 PM

View PostFCP Bob, on Tuesday, March 13th, 2012, 1:42 PM, said:

I would think that would have to be a 3-way trade since any deal for the Lakers would have to involve a point guard and the Bulls don't have one that would make the Lakers better who they would trade.
Wow that sentence.But I assume that's why he said "exploring avenues to trade for." I've heard Andre Miller's name floating around. I don't think he's the best fit for the Lakers because they need shooting, but he's still a big upgrade. And I don't know who else would be involved in the trade.

#1965 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 20,397 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:31 PM

View PostDJ Vu, on Tuesday, March 13th, 2012, 4:48 PM, said:

Wow that sentence.
Being able to edit everything has it's advantages
Bob

#1966 DJ Vu

DJ Vu

DJ Vu

• Members
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:44 PM

Haha

#1967 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

pure brody

• Members
  • 21,057 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 02:30 PM

i dont see the lakers taking boozer. his contract is too long and for too much. a three teamer is the only way. but who wants boozer?who they get:Lakers: Josh Smith, Kirk HinrichBulls: Pau GasolHawks: Carlos Boozer, 1st rounderpretty weak for the lakers. they'd need more to do it. hawks probably not loving it either.

#1968 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 20,397 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:05 PM

Pathetic Bobcats Owner Again Regaling Players With Tales of His NBA Glory Days
Bob

#1969 fleung22

fleung22

PokerStars Global Events Rep (PokerStars Macau)

• Members
  • 7,006 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:57 PM

FIRST BIG TRADE: Bucks trade Bogut & Jackson to Warriors for EllisIronic that Jackson cried himself out of Golden State and I'd imagine he's pretty damn happy to be coming back. Going to be interesting to see if he was just a star in the doghouse or whether he's dropping skilz a la Iverson. So reminds me of AI's return to the 76ers which looked good for literally 1 game then bust.http://abcnews.go.co...64#.T2BO-nlIXAx

#1970 DJ Vu

DJ Vu

DJ Vu

• Members
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:36 AM

This is a BIG TRADE?Stephen Jackson was a star?Brandon Jennings and Monta Ellis is a funny backcourt. I don't see how that makes any sense.

#1971 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

pure brody

• Members
  • 21,057 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:03 AM

that trade is really good for the warriors if bogut comes back.dwight howard has lost his damn mind. does he think he's fooling anyone with this shit.

#1972 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 20,397 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:09 AM

View PostSuitedAces21, on Wednesday, March 14th, 2012, 12:03 PM, said:

that trade is really good for the warriors if bogut comes back.dwight howard has lost his damn mind. does he think he's fooling anyone with this shit.
Getting rid of Ellis is good.Getting rid of Ekpe Udoh is bad.Getting Stephen Jackson is horrible if you actually plan on letting him in your dressing room.
Bob

#1973 DJ Vu

DJ Vu

DJ Vu

• Members
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:11 AM

View PostSuitedAces21, on Wednesday, March 14th, 2012, 9:03 AM, said:

dwight howard has lost his damn mind. does he think he's fooling anyone with this shit.
There was a good article about him the other day. It basically said he doesn't want to be a bad guy, so he's telling Orlando what they want to hear, but he's leaving no matter what at the end of the year. And that he really, really wants to go to New Jersey. Part of why he doesn't want to be traded is because Orlando is pretty good now and he doesn't want to go to a team that has been gutted to trade for him (like what happened with Melo).

#1974 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

pure brody

• Members
  • 21,057 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:29 AM

View PostDJ Vu, on Wednesday, March 14th, 2012, 11:11 AM, said:

There was a good article about him the other day. It basically said he doesn't want to be a bad guy, so he's telling Orlando what they want to hear, but he's leaving no matter what at the end of the year. And that he really, really wants to go to New Jersey. Part of why he doesn't want to be traded is because Orlando is pretty good now and he doesn't want to go to a team that has been gutted to trade for him (like what happened with Melo).
yeah i read that too. it's insane that the magic can be so stupid.

#1975 DJ Vu

DJ Vu

DJ Vu

• Members
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:38 AM

View PostSuitedAces21, on Wednesday, March 14th, 2012, 9:29 AM, said:

yeah i read that too. it's insane that the magic can be so stupid.
You know, it might not be that stupid to keep him and let him walk. That team can make the second round of the playoffs (heck, if they're hot from 3, they can probably beat anyone) which is worth a lot of money. Then Dwight leaves and you've got a ton of cap space. (It would be really nice if they could convince Nelson to not exercise his $8m player option, but that doesn't seem likely.) Orlando isn't a small market that can't attract any free agents, so cap space is actually worth something to them. You have to get rid of Otis Smith though.Who is saying no to Howard for Bynum right now? Is it LA or Orlando? Bynum has been a beast lately. Love seeing the Lakers go to him more often. The health is always an issue of course.

#1976 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

pure brody

• Members
  • 21,057 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:53 AM

hoopshype doesnt list jameer's as an option year.the word about the lakers is that dwight says he wont sign an extension there, so the lakers wont do it.

#1977 DJ Vu

DJ Vu

DJ Vu

• Members
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:00 AM

View PostSuitedAces21, on Wednesday, March 14th, 2012, 9:53 AM, said:

well hoopshype doesnt list jameer's as an option year. but even if jameer and dwight leave they'll still be around 60 million.
They're still paying Gilbert Arenas's $20 million (holy crap), but it doesn't count against the cap (amnesty!).So $45 million even with Jameer.Hoops World: Jameer Nelson, Orlando Magic – $7.8 million – Player Option ($7.8 million)I don't know, maybe he already exercised the option? Can you do that this early?Anyway, I think if you're Orlando you don't trade Dwight just to trade him. You actually have to get real value coming back, not just whatever the best offer is.

#1978 DJ Vu

DJ Vu

DJ Vu

• Members
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:47 AM

More Howard news.“I know basketball. I’m not a body language expert,” said general manager Otis Smith. “But the fact that Dwight was making a wanking motion the whole time he was talking makes me wonder if he wasn’t 100-percent serious. Especially how when he said ‘I want to remain with the Magic for my entire career,’ he pretended to ejaculate into the air and then he slumped over like he was dead.”Howard insists he was serious in his statements about staying a member of the Magic.“Oh, yeah. Totally serious. What would make you think I was being sarcastic,” he asked, now furiously faux-wanking with both hands while rolling his eyes.“Dwight is only 26 and is one of the best big men to come along in years, but I’m sure that even at this late date we can get a fair return for him in a trade,” general manager Smith said with a wanking motion.

#1979 DJ Vu

DJ Vu

DJ Vu

• Members
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:40 AM

So...D'Antoni quit.

#1980 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 20,397 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:58 AM

View PostDJ Vu, on Wednesday, March 14th, 2012, 2:40 PM, said:

So...D'Antoni quit.
I wonder if he told them either they trade Melo or he quits.http://www.nytimes.c...nicks.html?_r=2
Bob

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users