Random Basketball Observations

3878 replies to this topic

#2321 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,889 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:5/10 NLHE (100 max buy in)

Posted 31 May 2012 - 01:17 PM

View PostPoppy_Hillis, on 31 May 2012 - 12:26 PM, said:

Well Stern rigged the whole ****ing season and future for the 16-TIME NBA CHAMPION LOS ANGELES LAKERS...so who knows.
oh, please. Look back at the trade that was vetoed compared to the trade they made. The second trade is clearly superior. Stern seems pretty vindicated to me on his claim that he vetoed the Lakers trade because it wasn't a good enough deal. Sure, the way it went down was really shady but that's the inherent problem with the league owning a team. It creates compromising situations and the inherent appearance of impropriety.I'm sure the Lakers will end up getting New Jersey to panic-trade D-Williams for Gasol or something, don't worry too much.
"Give a little bit.....give a little bit of your chips to me...."

#2322 SuperJon

SuperJon

<3

• Members
  • 6,215 posts
  • Interests:Pool
    Poker
    P**sy

Posted 31 May 2012 - 01:51 PM

What's with all these NBA players wearing the thick framed hipster glasses?

#2323 Essay21

Essay21

poker forum god

• Members
  • 4,474 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 05:30 PM

gotta be SWAG son

#2324 I_fold08

I_fold08

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,073 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:stud8

Posted 31 May 2012 - 08:58 PM

Lopsided, awful trades are made all the time. The notion that Stern is vindicated is dumb. He ****ed up and everyone knows it.Swag has got to be the worst ****ing word ever. It's so absurd, worse than stupid ****ing frameless glasses. All these millionaire NBA players perfectly embody what a hipster is.

#2325 DJ Vu

DJ Vu

DJ Vu

• Members
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 07:20 AM

I really couldn't care less what they wear.Thunder's defense was pretty great last night. Funny how that happens when you play Ibaka and Thabo instead of Perkins and Fisher. San Antonio looked a little flustered on offense and had some bad turnovers. I think they'll be better tomorrow, but it will be a close game. According to LeBatard, a "high ranking Miami official" says that the Spurs don't scare them because Boston is better. Which is so absurd it hurts me. His reasoning was Garnett > Duncan, Rondo > Parker, Pierce > Manu, Allen > Spurs 3 pt shooters, Boston defense > Spurs defense. I guess if you're Miami you look at teams that way. All individual pieces. Not to mention that he's wrong about some of those comparisons anyway.

#2326 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,889 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 07:30 AM

View PostDJ Vu, on 01 June 2012 - 07:20 AM, said:

According to LeBatard, a "high ranking Miami official" says that the Spurs don't scare them because Boston is better. Which is so absurd it hurts me. His reasoning was Garnett > Duncan, Rondo > Parker, Pierce > Manu, Allen > Spurs 3 pt shooters, Boston defense > Spurs defense. I guess if you're Miami you look at teams that way. All individual pieces. Not to mention that he's wrong about some of those comparisons anyway.
I can guarantee Pat Riley does not look at teams that way. Miami defends the pick and roll as well as anybody in the last decade so they have a great shot against San Antonio (especially if they stick Lebron on Parker as often as possible) but I think most credible basketball people know SA is the favorite. 34-4 is what it is.There are a lot of "high-ranking Miami officials" who are just related to owner Mickey Arison including his son. I bet it's one of them.

#2327 DJ Vu

DJ Vu

DJ Vu

• Members
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 07:53 AM

I don't really think the Spurs are a pick-and-roll team. That's part of their offense, but there's a lot more movement and off the ball screens. The Heat defend the pick-and-roll by going hard at the ball-handler because he's usually the biggest threat (like Derrick Rose), but if the Spurs can hit Duncan or Diaw rolling, they are very good passers with several options. I think a Spurs-Heat match-up would be fascinating while a Thunder-Heat match-up would be all about star power and athleticism. Which would be a different kind of fascinating. Either way, it should be a really fun Finals.

#2328 brvheart

brvheart

I'm the best.

• Members
  • 22,531 posts
  • Interests:Playing in nuclear fallout.
  • Favorite Poker Game:I play 100/200 live with my best friend Jason.

Posted 01 June 2012 - 08:50 AM

View PostDJ Vu, on 01 June 2012 - 07:20 AM, said:

I really couldn't care less what they wear.
This is absolutely where I am. I don't care, and wouldn't notice, if ESPN wasn't always shouting "Look at Wade's pink pants!"
CAPITALISM: God's way of determining who is smart and who is poor. - Ron Swanson ---> Video:Ron's Pyramid of Greatness Picture: Poster Size

View PostSuitedAces21, on 20 August 2012 - 11:14 AM, said:

tilt you suck.

View PostEssay21, on 25 February 2013 - 08:32 PM, said:

titly suck a dick bitch

#2329 DJ Vu

DJ Vu

DJ Vu

• Members
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 10:21 AM

I should probably clarify, even at the risk of you unliking my post...I do like seeing what they're wearing. Mostly to get a chuckle or two. "Look at Lebron's tiny purse!" But it just doesn't upset me in any way.

#2330 Essay21

Essay21

poker forum god

• Members
  • 4,474 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 01:33 PM

i hope the lebron sticks the dagger in the shitty celtics tonight. just a monstrous game of epic proportions.

#2331 DJ Vu

DJ Vu

DJ Vu

• Members
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 03:04 PM

This gif will probably be useful in response to certain posts:Posted ImageI wonder what his assistant coach is thinking as he lays in his lap.

#2332 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,889 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 07:28 PM

Lebron and Wade went from 35 FTAs in Game 2 to 5 total in Game 3 including zero for Wade (which I'm sure happens approximately never). Whine and ye shall receive apparently.

#2333 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 19,028 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 07:35 PM

View PostCaneBrain, on 01 June 2012 - 07:28 PM, said:

Lebron and Wade went from 35 FTAs in Game 2 to 5 total in Game 3 including zero for Wade (which I'm sure happens approximately never). Whine and ye shall receive apparently.
Combination of regression to the mean and extra millions in revenue from an extra game or two in this series.
Bob

info@fullcontactpoker.com

#2334 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,889 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 07:38 PM

View PostFCP Bob, on 01 June 2012 - 07:35 PM, said:

Combination of regression to the mean and extra millions in revenue from an extra game or two in this series.
Their mean is a lot higher than 5. It's just human nature; Boston complains loudly and they get a game of favorable whistles. I've seen it happen so many times. I just hope Boston's shooting regresses to the mean soon.

#2335 Poppy_Hillis

Poppy_Hillis

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 3,886 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 07:44 PM

They complained after the first game, and Lebron and Wade shot 35 FT's combined.

#2336 Essay21

Essay21

poker forum god

• Members
  • 4,474 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 06:20 PM

dajuan blair break away dunk attempt had to be one of the funnier things i've ever seen. he literally has a 3 inch vertical.

#2337 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 19,028 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 06:26 PM

View PostEssay21, on 02 June 2012 - 06:20 PM, said:

dajuan blair break away dunk attempt had to be one of the funnier things i've ever seen. he literally has a 3 inch vertical.
Let's see how high you could jump if you were 350 pounds and had no cartilage in your knees
Bob

#2338 Essay21

Essay21

poker forum god

• Members
  • 4,474 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 06:40 PM

still funny though.

#2339 I_fold08

I_fold08

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,073 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:stud8

Posted 03 June 2012 - 12:54 PM

Lamarcus Aldrige potential life threatening blood disease. Hope he has a speedy recoveryhttp://www.slamonlin...ly-blood-virus/

#2340 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 19,028 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 03:20 PM

If I'm a high draft pick I don't want Portland to take me and then have to live with the curse.
Bob

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users