Jump to content


5k Poro League


  • Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 DanielNegreanu

DanielNegreanu

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Root Admin
  • 8,281 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Las Vegas

Posted 13 September 2009 - 02:33 AM

PPR leagues are totally different. A 30 yard catch by a player is the equivalent of a TD pass for a QB. Kinda strange. Here is my team in the yahoo 12 game league versus the boyz. I also have waiver wire pick #1 which could come in very handy because I'm in need of an injury at RB somewhere in the league:QB: Peyton Manning, IND.RB Jamal Lewis, CLEV.RB: Tim Hightower, ARI.WR: Reggie Wayne, IND.WR: Chad OchoCinco, CIN.TE: Greg Olsen, CHI.W/T: Dwayne Bowe, KC.K: Shaun Suisham, WAS/DEF: NEW ORLEANSBENCH: RB: Ladanian Tomlinson, SD.BENCH: RB Donald Brown, IND.BENCH: RB Jamaal Charles, KC.BENCH: RB Jonathan Stewart, CAR.BENCH: WR Devery Henderson, NO. There are plenty of fillers at WR available that I like and will plug in on bye weeks. Although my RB situation seems bad, you only can use two RB's a week so I spent more money at WR since we start 3 a week. Hightower has a good matchup this week against SF and I'm not convinced that Beanie Wellls is going to be handed the reigns just like that. I REALLY wanted Marshawn Lynch and Julius Jones and hoped that I saved enough for them. I went all in for 11 on both and got outbid and each went for 12. DOH! INDY has great match ups this year versus really bad pass defenses. I think Manning is going to have a big year, but I'm MOST excited about Greg Olsen. Breakout season coming and he just might be the #1 fantasy TE when it's all said and done. Love me some Olsen!
Posted Image

#2 mskeadas

mskeadas

    Poker Forum Newbie

  • Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 09:28 PM

This was an auction, no? Did you feel like you got good value for anyone in particular? Any info on the other teams in your league? Snake drafts are simply nowhere near as fun or challenging as auctions, but there's nothing worse than getting stuck with a player you were just trying to bid up!

#3 DanielNegreanu

DanielNegreanu

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Root Admin
  • 8,281 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Las Vegas

Posted 15 September 2009 - 03:08 PM

View Postmskeadas, on Sunday, September 13th, 2009, 10:28 PM, said:

This was an auction, no? Did you feel like you got good value for anyone in particular? Any info on the other teams in your league? Snake drafts are simply nowhere near as fun or challenging as auctions, but there's nothing worse than getting stuck with a player you were just trying to bid up!
I paid under value for my whole team. Seriously, I only took bargains and all the guys I got went for less than expected value.
Posted Image

#4 DanielNegreanu

DanielNegreanu

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Root Admin
  • 8,281 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Las Vegas

Posted 15 September 2009 - 03:28 PM

WEEK ONE:Cheap ThievesQB: Peyton Manning, IND. 17.65RB: Ladanian Tomlinson, SD. 10.60RB: Tim HighTower, ARI. 25.60WR: Reggie Wayne, IND. 32.20WR: Chad OchoCinco, CIN. 14.70TE: Greg Olsen, CHI. 1.80W/T: Dwayne Bowe, KC. 14.00K: Kris Brown, HOU. 1.00 DEF: NEW ENGLAD 8.00TOTAL: 125.55SlashtasticQB: Tony Romo, DAL. 29.85RB: Frank Gore, SF. 19.80RB: Brian Westbrook, PHI. 16.20WR: Greg Jennings, GB. 24.60WR: Santana Moss, WAS. 2.60TE: Dustin Keller, NYJ. 13.40W/T: Derek Mason, BAL 8.40K: Robbie Gould, CHI. 8.00DEF: DALLAS 2.00TOTAL: 125.15 That was Chris Lash's team. Next week I face Paul Wasicka's team who has the lowest total in week 1.STANDINGS:1. Butterknife 1-0 150.80 (Martin deKnijff & Ted Park)2. HpyEndings@Shanghi 1-0 148.50 (Nick Rainey)3. I Love Me Some Me 1-0 142.90 (James Sullivan)4. Cheap Thieves 1-0 125.55 (Daniel Negreanu)5. We Love Haters 1-0 115.65 (Chris Porter)6. wendy's number 2 1-0 92.15 (Nathan Doudney)7. Nordberg 0-1 136.45 (Peter Feldman)8. Slashtastic 0-1 125.15 (Chris Lash)9. Gavmaster 0-1 88.50 (Gavin Smith)10. Team Duster 0-1 83.55 (Erick Lindgren)11. Don's Tap 0-1 0-1 80.75 (Brian Balsbaugh)12. Judas Cutler 0-1 75.80 (Paul Wasicka)
Posted Image

#5 DanielNegreanu

DanielNegreanu

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Root Admin
  • 8,281 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Las Vegas

Posted 16 September 2009 - 04:31 AM

Three roster moves while maintaining my #1 waiver option:Release:DEF NEW ENGLANDK Kris Brown, HOU.RB Earnest Graham, TB.Pick Up:DEF NEW ORLEANS (vs Philly this week without McNabb)K Shaun Suisham, WAS. (vs Rams)WR Devery Henderson, NO. I plan on doing matchups all year at Kicker and defense.
Posted Image

#6 Waffles2003

Waffles2003

    **Here We Go**

  • Members
  • 2,712 posts
  • Location:This is the Place
  • Interests:Omaha H/L, Fantasy Sports
  • Favorite Poker Game:PLO8

Posted 16 September 2009 - 08:28 AM

I dont know about new orleans D, they gave up 27 pts to a horrible Detroit Offense.
d(*.*)b

#7 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

    The chosen few....

  • Members
  • 14,896 posts
  • Location:The NFL Films Vault
  • Favorite Poker Game:5/10 NLHE (100 max buy in)

Posted 16 September 2009 - 08:40 AM

I picked up the Redskins D which you might want to consider for matchup purposes. They have St. Louis this week and Detroit next week.
"Give a little bit.....give a little bit of your chips to me...."

#8 brvheart

brvheart

    I'm the best.

  • Members
  • 25,323 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Toyko, Japan
  • Interests:Playing in nuclear fallout.
  • Favorite Poker Game:I play 100/200 live with my best friend Jason.

Posted 16 September 2009 - 08:41 AM

View PostDanielNegreanu, on Wednesday, September 16th, 2009, 7:31 AM, said:

Three roster moves while maintaining my #1 waiver option:Release:DEF NEW ENGLANDK Kris Brown, HOU.RB Earnest Graham, TB.Pick Up:DEF NEW ORLEANS (vs Philly this week without McNabb)K Shaun Suisham, WAS. (vs Rams)WR Devery Henderson, NO. I plan on doing matchups all year at Kicker and defense.
These two things definitely don't seem like a great idea. I mean... since you're doing it all year, that must have included week 1 also, and it was almost your downfall. If you would have just picked a kicker on a high scoring team and stuck with him, you would probably never end up with 1 point for that position for the whole season. Also, I agree with Waffles. NO's defense against the Eagles would probably be in the bottom 25% of my choices for the coming week.

View PostiZuma, on 20 August 2012 - 11:32 AM, said:

napa I was jesus christing suited, you guys just slipped in before me.

View PostEssay21, on 25 February 2013 - 08:32 PM, said:

.

#9 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

    The chosen few....

  • Members
  • 14,896 posts
  • Location:The NFL Films Vault
  • Favorite Poker Game:5/10 NLHE (100 max buy in)

Posted 16 September 2009 - 08:52 AM

View Postbrvheart, on Wednesday, September 16th, 2009, 12:41 PM, said:

These two things definitely don't seem like a great idea. I mean... since you're doing it all year, that must have included week 1 also, and it was almost your downfall. If you would have just picked a kicker on a high scoring team and stuck with him, you would probably never end up with 1 point for that position for the whole season. Also, I agree with Waffles. NO's defense against the Eagles would probably be in the bottom 25% of my choices for the coming week.
I think if you are active that playing the matchups with your defense is a great idea. Of course, if you are choosing the Saints sieve-like D against a good offensive team, the strategy will not work.I dont think it is possible to play matchups with a kicker....it is just too hard to predict how many times a team will stall inside the other team's 35 yard line.
"Give a little bit.....give a little bit of your chips to me...."

#10 Jadaki

Jadaki

    IIOY?

  • Members
  • 22,247 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 16 September 2009 - 09:35 AM

View PostCaneBrain, on Wednesday, September 16th, 2009, 11:52 AM, said:

I dont think it is possible to play matchups with a kicker....it is just too hard to predict how many times a team will stall inside the other team's 35 yard line.
This, also the Eagles have so many weapons that who is at QB isn't going to stop them from putting up points.

#11 DanielNegreanu

DanielNegreanu

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Root Admin
  • 8,281 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Las Vegas

Posted 16 September 2009 - 11:16 AM

View Postbrvheart, on Wednesday, September 16th, 2009, 9:41 AM, said:

These two things definitely don't seem like a great idea. I mean... since you're doing it all year, that must have included week 1 also, and it was almost your downfall. If you would have just picked a kicker on a high scoring team and stuck with him, you would probably never end up with 1 point for that position for the whole season. Also, I agree with Waffles. NO's defense against the Eagles would probably be in the bottom 25% of my choices for the coming week.
Kris Brown was the highest rated Kicker left so I took him. Houston didn't look good in game #1 and there is always high turnover at Kicker in our pool. NO is the highest rated DEF available this week, WAS is gone at the draft, and DEF get their points from turnovers, etc. and I like the idea of racking up sacks and INT's against a back up QB, no matter what weapons he has available to him.
Posted Image

#12 Waffles2003

Waffles2003

    **Here We Go**

  • Members
  • 2,712 posts
  • Location:This is the Place
  • Interests:Omaha H/L, Fantasy Sports
  • Favorite Poker Game:PLO8

Posted 16 September 2009 - 02:14 PM

View PostDanielNegreanu, on Wednesday, September 16th, 2009, 1:16 PM, said:

Kris Brown was the highest rated Kicker left so I took him. Houston didn't look good in game #1 and there is always high turnover at Kicker in our pool. NO is the highest rated DEF available this week, WAS is gone at the draft, and DEF get their points from turnovers, etc. and I like the idea of racking up sacks and INT's against a back up QB, no matter what weapons he has available to him.
Kolb is a decent backup QB, he is probably a top 10 backup qb, I hope your strategies works but its doubtful. Have you found another TE for McMichael? Also, you saying that Olsen is going to be the #1 TE at the end of the season is somewhat a joke...at least I hope so. He will be lucky to get 50 catches this season.
d(*.*)b

#13 DanielNegreanu

DanielNegreanu

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Root Admin
  • 8,281 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Las Vegas

Posted 17 September 2009 - 04:45 PM

View PostWaffles2003, on Wednesday, September 16th, 2009, 3:14 PM, said:

Kolb is a decent backup QB, he is probably a top 10 backup qb, I hope your strategies works but its doubtful. Have you found another TE for McMichael? Also, you saying that Olsen is going to be the #1 TE at the end of the season is somewhat a joke...at least I hope so. He will be lucky to get 50 catches this season.
I have McMichael in my other league, not this one. I still may switch NO DEF before Sunday. As for Olsen, if you watched the game he was at LEAST double teamed on every down. Olsen will end up with more than 50 catches. I'd still bet on that even after his 1 catch performance in game #1. Cutler was AWFUL in game one and Forte got nothing going at all. When they get Forte going that'll help open up the field for Olsen.
Posted Image

#14 Waffles2003

Waffles2003

    **Here We Go**

  • Members
  • 2,712 posts
  • Location:This is the Place
  • Interests:Omaha H/L, Fantasy Sports
  • Favorite Poker Game:PLO8

Posted 18 September 2009 - 06:00 AM

View PostDanielNegreanu, on Thursday, September 17th, 2009, 6:45 PM, said:

I have McMichael in my other league, not this one. I still may switch NO DEF before Sunday. As for Olsen, if you watched the game he was at LEAST double teamed on every down. Olsen will end up with more than 50 catches. I'd still bet on that even after his 1 catch performance in game #1. Cutler was AWFUL in game one and Forte got nothing going at all. When they get Forte going that'll help open up the field for Olsen.
If you look at cutler's stats last season you will notice that he doesnt throw to his RBs that much. Forte didnt get 1 catch last game when he avg 4 per game last season.The reason why Olsen got 50+ catches last season is because Orton couldnt throw deep and had to hit either the RB or the TE for short yardage. Now that cutler is there, he can hit Hester and Bennett deep and that will hurt Olsen and Forte big time. Good luck
d(*.*)b

#15 MaxStPolish

MaxStPolish

    Lenny = White Carl = black

  • Members
  • 2,986 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Chicagoland
  • Favorite Poker Game:PLO

Posted 18 September 2009 - 10:34 AM

View PostWaffles2003, on Friday, September 18th, 2009, 9:00 AM, said:

If you look at cutler's stats last season you will notice that he doesnt throw to his RBs that much. Forte didnt get 1 catch last game when he avg 4 per game last season.The reason why Olsen got 50+ catches last season is because Orton couldnt throw deep and had to hit either the RB or the TE for short yardage. Now that cutler is there, he can hit Hester and Bennett deep and that will hurt Olsen and Forte big time. Good luck
Here in chicago, I'd agree with this analysis. I think once things get running smoothly that there will be enough passing all across the board to make Olsen very effective (as i think the NFC north is going to be crazy offensive oriented, in a total change of pace this season). I do agree that Forte may be in for a major sophomore regression, mainly because of his much lighter load in the passing game.I drafted Anthony Gonzalez in all 3 leagues, took McNabb in 2 of 3.....oh, and played Brees in 2 of 3 for week 1. Oh, and watched my Bears lose Urlacher for the year, lose to the packers, AND (as I was in vegas this weekend with the wife) waited to bet the game until gametime getting the bears at +5 instead of 3.5. Of course Jennings TD puts them up by four, then they successfully convert the 2pt conversion to cover the 5. FML.G/L in week 2 all.

#16 DanielNegreanu

DanielNegreanu

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Root Admin
  • 8,281 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Las Vegas

Posted 18 September 2009 - 04:27 PM

100% behind the New Orleans defense this week. Not only are they facing a back up, Philly's O-line is a complete mess, they'll have him scrambling, hurried, sacked, throwing picks etc.
Posted Image

#17 Waffles2003

Waffles2003

    **Here We Go**

  • Members
  • 2,712 posts
  • Location:This is the Place
  • Interests:Omaha H/L, Fantasy Sports
  • Favorite Poker Game:PLO8

Posted 18 September 2009 - 06:39 PM

View PostDanielNegreanu, on Friday, September 18th, 2009, 6:27 PM, said:

100% behind the New Orleans defense this week. Not only are they facing a back up, Philly's O-line is a complete mess, they'll have him scrambling, hurried, sacked, throwing picks etc.
IF you rely on ur Defense to win the game for you, you may be in trouble :)Would it be possible to get the opponent's roster before you play them?good luck sir.
d(*.*)b

#18 DanielNegreanu

DanielNegreanu

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Root Admin
  • 8,281 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Las Vegas

Posted 19 September 2009 - 12:08 PM

WEEK #2 Opponent:Judas Cutler (Paul Wasicka)QB: Philip Rivers, SD.RB: Marion Barber, DAL.RB: Brandon Jacobs, NYG.WR: Roddy White, ATL.WR: Domenik Hixon, NYG.TE: Owen Daniels, OAK.W/T: Lee Evans, BUF.K: David Akers, PHI.DEF: CHICAGO
Posted Image

#19 DVD ROTS

DVD ROTS

    Poker Forum Newbie

  • Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 11:38 AM

View PostDanielNegreanu, on Saturday, September 19th, 2009, 1:08 PM, said:

WEEK #2 Opponent:Judas Cutler (Paul Wasicka)QB: Philip Rivers, SD.RB: Marion Barber, DAL.RB: Brandon Jacobs, NYG.WR: Roddy White, ATL.WR: Domenik Hixon, NYG.TE: Owen Daniels, OAK.W/T: Lee Evans, BUF.K: David Akers, PHI.DEF: CHICAGO
Owen Daniels is on Houston. Beyond that... Jacobs will have a big day for him. Hixon... maybe a bit less so.

#20 DanielNegreanu

DanielNegreanu

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Root Admin
  • 8,281 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Las Vegas

Posted 20 September 2009 - 03:49 PM

NEW ORLEANS got me 18 points, the #1 defense for the week. Told ya!
Posted Image




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users