• Please log in to reply
435 replies to this topic

#421 iBeaver

iBeaver

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,601 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 01:46 PM

I love Dan as well and to let him know how I feel I've let him have his way with many times in trades. I still feel dirty but satisfied.

#422 MapleLeafpoker

MapleLeafpoker

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 17,887 posts
  • Interests:Poker, Hockey, Hockey pools

Posted 13 November 2015 - 01:50 PM

View Postmrdannyg, on 13 November 2015 - 01:37 PM, said:

I wasn't trying to be extreme, just wanted to make it clear I was distancing myself from any accusation of Biatch!

Let's say Wayne offers me 2 firsts and a third, but I really want 3 firsts. So I tell you my best offer is 3 firsts. You say no and you see the next day that I took Wayne's offer. Is that unethical? Would you reconsider trading with me in the future? Really just curious on people's opinions here since even Zach suggests he wouldn't care

I dont know what ethics we are supposed to have in a hockey pool or what others would find ethical or unethical.
I just know that personally I wont lie. Not going to suggest an offer is there when it isn't, or tell someone a player is awesome if he isnt.

If someone lies to me, then ya, I would be less likely to trade with them in the future, thats assuming I even remember. I cant even think of a situation where someone out and out lied to me.
I don't exactly have a file on my competition, I just kind of now the people I like to deal with, and the people that are not as easy to deal with. I can only think of 1 team that I dont like to deal with due to past issues, but everyone else is fairly easy. Some more than others of course. I just love Biatchs way of trading, its out there, and I love it as a competitor. If Dan had traded with Bob, I wouldnt have minded, because at least I know Dan got back good value, and took something off Bobs team. Its when lopsided deals are made that I kind of lose it. :)

If anyone is curious, I wont mention the team I dont like, but my fav trading part in either pool is Dubey. I have made many deals with him, and it seems like we are always having a quick, frank discussion and getting a deal done pretty easily. I always walk away thinking my team got better, and he always seems happy with the deal too. I dont know what he thinks of me, but its a little funny how easy it is for me to deal with him, and I cant say that about a lot of people even in my other pools. lol

#423 serge

serge

Leafs nation Grand Poobah

• Members
  • 48,783 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 01:54 PM

If there was a gold medal for most persistent, creative, easy to communicate trading partner my vote goes to Dale.

He is tough but fair.
Owner of the Mustangs, 2014-2015 AHL Eastern Division Champs

Lets make America Great Again. Trump 2016

#424 iBeaver

iBeaver

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,601 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 01:55 PM

I was trying to trade with someone in the fchl and he told me that he was going to get back to me the next day...that was Oct 29th. What a dick cheese pizza. ;)

#425 iBeaver

iBeaver

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,601 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 01:57 PM

I hate trading. I always get overwhelmed. Am I asking for too much? Am I getting jobbed? I'm clearly the less knowledgeable in the trade. Etc etc.

#426 MapleLeafpoker

MapleLeafpoker

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 17,887 posts
  • Interests:Poker, Hockey, Hockey pools

Posted 13 November 2015 - 02:03 PM

View PostiBeaver, on 13 November 2015 - 01:55 PM, said:

I was trying to trade with someone in the fchl and he told me that he was going to get back to me the next day...that was Oct 29th. What a dick cheese pizza. ;)

This feels like me. Sorry Steve. :( :)

I just cant decide which side of the fence Im on, sorry

edit: Oh, also, I forgot.

#427 Dubey

Dubey

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 10,920 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 08:36 AM

Thanks Arp, I always enjoy dealing with you as well!

I should note that I've had nothing but positive experiences with Biatch also.

I also want to say that trading a premium asset when you are juggling multiple offers is hard. I know I ruffled some feathers when I traded Stamkos because I didn't get back to everyone hat I said I would. I felt like I needed an excel sheet to keep track of who I'd talked to and what they'd offered.

Even when I traded Benn, I had a really good offer on the table from Jay (I hope you don't mind me sharing this) of I believe his first round pick (8th or 9th last year) and Sam Reinhart. I was telling everyone in negotiations that my best offer was a top 10 pick and a top 5 prospect. Biatch ended up making a late push and gave me a package I liked slightly better (8th overall, a 3rd, Darnelle Nurse and Hampus Lindholm). I still felt a little shady when I posted the deal since it was different than the deal I'd told multiple people that I had on the table. And you could make an argument that it was a worse deal.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I agree with Steve. Trading is stressful, and it's hard to juggle multiple offers without pissing anyone off.

#428 serge

serge

• Members
  • 48,783 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 01:36 PM

good luck tonight my friend..I have a very weak and depleted lineup, that you might beat.

#429 Ottawa_Biatch

Ottawa_Biatch

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 8,260 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 02:30 PM

View Postserge, on 16 November 2015 - 01:36 PM, said:

good luck tonight my friend..I have a very weak and depleted lineup, that you might beat.

Good luck. I think we play in champions league and survivor tonight too.
--------------------------------------

Follow me on twitter

http://twitter.com/Ottawa_Biatch

#430 serge

serge

• Members
  • 48,783 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 02:37 PM

View PostOttawa_Biatch, on 16 November 2015 - 02:30 PM, said:

Good luck. I think we play in champions league and survivor tonight too.

Yes and also we face each other in Dancing with the Stars and Big Brother..

PS I got scared and thought it was Survivor night, because I am a candidate for low score tonight.

#431 Ottawa_Biatch

Ottawa_Biatch

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 8,260 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 07:12 AM

Delicious with a big win last night over shoot loose and now currently have the final playoff spot in the east/west.

Follow me on twitter

#432 serge

serge

• Members
  • 48,783 posts

Posted 23 January 2016 - 11:14 AM

I miss this team competing. Get better soon please

#433 bigguyren68

bigguyren68

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 436 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:omaha, hi-low stud

Posted 15 March 2017 - 07:06 PM

Good Luck Dan.

The Gothic dynasty of the last few years must stop, and you have the team to do it.

Go Magic.

#434 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

Unenjoyable Annoying Retard

• Members
  • 37,756 posts
  • Interests:sports, music, movies, photography
  • Favorite Poker Game:Hi/Lo Chicago

Posted 24 March 2017 - 02:43 AM

Congratulations and good luck in the finals!
Don't change your underwear.
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.

#435 Ottawa_Biatch

Ottawa_Biatch

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 8,260 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 06:57 PM

Wow can't believe it actually happened. These playoffs have been an absolute roller coaster of emotions.

I thought it would be funny to give a quick recap the history of the Magically Delicious and how we luck boxed our way into the title.

To think back to 2009, when I originally took over the team with guys like can't miss prospect Nikitia Filiatov & high priced FA rental stud D man Nicklas Lidsteon. The team actually had a lot of young talent and I could have built thru the draft. I'll admit I tried and failed.

In 2014, I finally realized this strategy wasn't working. I'm the first to admit I give zero f*cks about fantasy prospects and a poor judge of talent. So I did what I think I do better then most at, creative trades. There was no salary cap at the time and I was wondering why nobody exploited the rule. So I did, lol. Unfortunately, I had Crosby and Malkin, and they both got injured in the playoffs, and I fell to the Gothic in 4 in the Conference Finals.

In 2015, the rules were changed to prevent me from doing this, I became a little creative but nothing really meaningful came from it. I lost in the second round to Negreanu. I was actually up 3-1 in the series and he delivered a dick cheese pizza to my door and won 3 straight to knock me out.

2016 was a dud year, didn't even make the playoffs.

2017, honestly, the plan was originally to draft some high priced FA and then flip them for future picks and young talent. My idiot self tho asked for way too much and nobody wanted Stamkos, Malkin, Coutoure etc for my ridiculous price. So the plan was to trade them at the deadline but then my junk ass team had a decent lead in the division. The degenerate in me, said screw it, I know my team isn't as good as the top tier teams but the playoffs are a crapshoot. So I went all in and did my usual thing. Big name super forwards and no name defencemen. I just made some crazy moves and you know the rest.

Just a shout out to PK Dealers. One of the nicest guys in the league. Texting me about injuries and stuff. They will be back next year.

I just want to thank all the teams in the playoffs and the league. This has been super enjoyable and it's fun seeing you all. I am so happy. Imaginary high fives for everyone.

Follow me on twitter

#436 serge

serge

• Members
  • 48,783 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:44 AM

Back to back