#21 Fenxis

Fenxis

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,387 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 07:36 AM

View PostMapleLeafpoker, on Sunday, August 23rd, 2009, 8:59 PM, said:

Wed Sept 23
Blah; I'd love to put my hat in the ring (at least as a co-gm) but been going down to Niagara way too often lately + bad weekend for me.
"@sergetoronto Bang-up analysis there" -- James Mirtle

#22 serge

serge

Leafs nation Grand Poobah

• Members
  • 40,350 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 07:57 AM

View PostDanielNegreanu, on Monday, August 24th, 2009, 12:21 AM, said:

In cases of expansion, new teams come in with nothing. However, that's not the case here. We are not adding new teams or expanding. Existing teams will simply be changing owners and the new owners will simply take over an existing team.Once we have the final list of owners, I think it's 6? I'll throw all 6 teams in a hat and match them with a new owner. The day we get all 6 confirmed is the day you'll all know what team you are taking over.
i still think there should be some sort of handicap/obstacle for the new owners, or some sort of reward for the existing ones.
I am a huge Leafs fan, I am not going to apologize for my love of the greatest team on earth.
GO LEAFS GO

#23 strategy

strategy

Internet expert

• Members
  • 15,932 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:strategy

Posted 24 August 2009 - 07:59 AM

View Postserge, on Monday, August 24th, 2009, 10:57 AM, said:

i still think there should be some sort of handicap/obstacle for the new owners, or some sort of reward for the existing ones.
you're right serge, $10,000 isn't enoughdaniel, don't be so greedy. up it to 15.
QUOTE (ShakeZuma @ Wednesday, November 2nd, 2011, 4:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
seriously though, with that grammar it's really like, I mean it doesn't bother me as much that she gets beat, you know?

#24 Fenxis

Fenxis

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,387 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 08:05 AM

View Postserge, on Monday, August 24th, 2009, 11:57 AM, said:

translation: I've run my team into the ground and need a bail-out!!!
"@sergetoronto Bang-up analysis there" -- James Mirtle

#25 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

Cheese Salesman

• Members
  • 18,124 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 08:24 AM

View PostMapleLeafs, on Sunday, August 23rd, 2009, 8:58 PM, said:

I live 30 mins from Toronto and can make the draft date. I'd be interested.
Just thought I'd mention this person was co-commish in the first year, and 2-time FCHL champ. Not that my word means a lot, but he would be an exceptional choice.This would be lots of fun, but I would not be able to regularly make the draft. Too bad.
Long signatures are really annoying.

#26 serge

serge

• Members
  • 40,350 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 08:31 AM

View Poststrategy, on Monday, August 24th, 2009, 7:59 AM, said:

you're right serge, $10,000 isn't enoughdaniel, don't be so greedy. up it to 15.
lol..thats not what i meant.
I am a huge Leafs fan, I am not going to apologize for my love of the greatest team on earth.
GO LEAFS GO

#27 ajs510

ajs510

Resident Evil

• Members
  • 24,912 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 01:02 PM

View Postmrdannyg, on Monday, August 24th, 2009, 12:24 PM, said:

Just thought I'd mention this person was co-commish in the first year, and 2-time FCHL champ. Not that my word means a lot, but he would be an exceptional choice.
I can echo Danny's vote of confidence for Jay, he's very, very good people and an outstanding fantasy GM. Plus he's really good at Wii Tiger Woods and Guitar Hero. That counts.

#28 serge

serge

• Members
  • 40,350 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 01:35 PM

View Postajs510, on Monday, August 24th, 2009, 1:02 PM, said:

I can echo Danny's vote of confidence for Jay, he's very, very good people and an outstanding fantasy GM. Plus he's really good at Wii Tiger Woods and Guitar Hero. That counts.
i really like Jay too...My brief meeting with him was very pleasant and he seems like a very nice guy.And how can you not like a guy named Mapleleafs :club:
GO LEAFS GO

#29 Ottawa_Biatch

Ottawa_Biatch

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 7,089 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 06:43 PM

When do you think we would know if we had a team? Sorry I'm not trying to rush, it's just I need enough time to book off work.
--------------------------------------

Follow me on twitter

http://twitter.com/Ottawa_Biatch

#30 Zach6668

Zach6668

2009 Stanley Cup Champions

• Moderators
  • 42,902 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 07:25 PM

View Postdigitalmonkey, on Monday, August 24th, 2009, 5:46 AM, said:

Ghosts of Elvis = Sidney Crosby
Yeah, that's literally the only thing I know about any of the teams that are being vacated. There could be better teams out there, there could even be teams with more awesome Penguins. I have no idea. :)Also, keep Jay out. He's too good.
QUOTE (serge @ Tuesday, May 12th, 2009, 7:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LETS GO PITTSBURGH
QUOTE (Acid_Knight @ Monday, March 10th, 2008, 4:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Zach is right about pretty much everything.

#31 MapleLeafpoker

MapleLeafpoker

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 12,807 posts
  • Interests:Poker, Hockey, Hockey pools

Posted 24 August 2009 - 07:45 PM

View PostZach6668, on Monday, August 24th, 2009, 11:25 PM, said:

Yeah, that's literally the only thing I know about any of the teams that are being vacated. There could be better teams out there, there could even be teams with more awesome Penguins. I have no idea. :club:
Based on Dale's guesses on who is out, I think your boy Kennedy is available. (Rug Rats)So how about you just let me have the better teams, and you concentrate on the Tyler Kennedys of the world.

View PostZach6668, on Monday, August 24th, 2009, 11:25 PM, said:

Also, keep Jay out. He's too good.
damn, why is no one trying to keep ME out? I've won too!

#32 Zach6668

Zach6668

• Moderators
  • 42,902 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 07:53 PM

View PostMapleLeafpoker, on Monday, August 24th, 2009, 11:45 PM, said:

damn, why is no one trying to keep ME out? I've won too!
This crossed my mind, but you were apparently already confirmed.Really, tbh, keep out the Jays, Arps, Adams of the world.More Biatches!At least for ratings purposes.
LETS GO PITTSBURGH

#33 Untilted

Untilted

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,796 posts
  • Interests:GOLF, POKER, MUSIC

Posted 24 August 2009 - 09:08 PM

God, I hate to toot my horn, but it looks like I need to fight for a spot.First of all, I am an overall nice guy. That should count for something or maybe It would be better to mix things up a bit? It might be fun.Second, Broadway was the regular season champ in both the FCHL and FCHL 2 this past season. I am not sure why this should mean something since suckie committed owners would be preferred I would thinkThird, If I say that I will be physically at the draft every year, I will physically be at the draft every year. It is tough for me to argue becuase the other guys who are up for a spot are all great guys and are all deserving
Happy Trails

John ( UntiLTed, Broadway or whatever)

#34 Zach6668

Zach6668

• Moderators
  • 42,902 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 09:58 PM

John does know a pretty sweet Italian restaurant near Times Square.He also owns the distinction of being the only one to only see me while completely intoxicated, never seeing me in my sober state, with 3 or more iterations.
LETS GO PITTSBURGH

#35 DanielNegreanu

DanielNegreanu

Poker Forum Veteran

• Root Admin
  • 7,544 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 11:41 PM

So we have 6 spots open and the following seem like locks:Arpiar -----MapleLeafspoker.....ConfirmedZach.........The Zach------------ConfirmedGruven..... looks like he will be able to find someone to draft for him this yearJ.P.-----------------John is a good friend of ours for a long time, and Daniel has said ok to him That leaves two teams left, and the following four owners wanting in:Adam-------While Adam lives in Upstate new york he has said he can make itOttawa Biatch.....Dan lives in Ottawa but will be here for the draft(right Dan)John Untilted------John lives in New York, but is willing to travel to Toronto once a yearadding MapleLeafs MapleLeafs, do you live in Toronto? If so, those are the magic words for a spot. Also, who is Adam? Is he a poster on here?

#36 Untilted

Untilted

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,796 posts
  • Interests:GOLF, POKER, MUSIC

Posted 25 August 2009 - 12:02 AM

View PostDanielNegreanu, on Monday, August 24th, 2009, 11:41 PM, said:

So we have 6 spots open and the following seem like locks:Arpiar -----MapleLeafspoker.....ConfirmedZach.........The Zach------------ConfirmedGruven..... looks like he will be able to find someone to draft for him this yearJ.P.-----------------John is a good friend of ours for a long time, and Daniel has said ok to him That leaves two teams left, and the following four owners wanting in:Adam-------While Adam lives in Upstate new york he has said he can make itOttawa Biatch.....Dan lives in Ottawa but will be here for the draft(right Dan)John Untilted------John lives in New York, but is willing to travel to Toronto once a yearadding MapleLeafs MapleLeafs, do you live in Toronto? If so, those are the magic words for a spot. Also, who is Adam? Is he a poster on here?
Adam is AJS510 and is a huge contributor to this board, Proud owner of the LOST CAUSE in the FCHL and runs the annual FCHL yahoo non-keeper pool
Happy Trails

John ( UntiLTed, Broadway or whatever)

#37 bdc30

bdc30

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 9,407 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 04:45 AM

Does everyone here have me on ignore or something?? lol I've met most of the hockey forum crew, and DN might remember me from the launch party at the Hard Rock (I was the one that brought MarionSauce)

View Postbdc30, on Sunday, August 23rd, 2009, 6:01 PM, said:

I'd be interested, and am from southern ontario

#38 ajs510

ajs510

Resident Evil

• Members
  • 24,912 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 04:58 AM

New sig. :icon_biggrin:If I get a team, I'll do absolutely everything I can to get an enhanced drivers license or passport on short notice so I can get across the border and back. I can't promise I can attend the draft but I absolutely CAN promise I'll be a great AHL owner.

#39 serge

serge

• Members
  • 40,350 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 05:02 AM

it looks like we are down to two spots and it will be decided shortly.I have made my recommendations and opinion. Daniel has some criteria and he will make the decision very soon I believe.We are close
GO LEAFS GO

#40 Ottawa_Biatch

Ottawa_Biatch

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 7,089 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 05:09 AM

Reasons to toot for biatch:1) I will be one of the most active owners in the league. Most people in the FCHL know, I come out with something called the popularity ratings. It has absolutely nothing to do with how good a team is, it just pokes fun at all the owners and says how good their team would be doing if it was based on tv ratings. 2) I am from Ottawa, but I will always be available for the draft every year in Toronto. My parents are near the area, so it isn't that far. 3) I get really really happy when I win FCHL games, and get really really sad when my team loses. The FCHL could literally have no money at stake and I would still get depressed when my team loses and uber excited when my team wins. To be honest, the main reason I love the FCHL is just because of bragging rights over those guys. I think that's why I would be awesome for the AHL, I wouldn't just be a normal owner who just posts a lineup and that's it. I would be living, breathing, and dying AHL.
--------------------------------------

Follow me on twitter

http://twitter.com/Ottawa_Biatch

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users