37 replies to this topic

#21 RISEorFall

RISEorFall

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,984 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:HU freezeout 4 souls

Posted 13 September 2009 - 11:41 PM

id bet 4th street in hand 2. no one is playing like they have a high made yet and we have the only low draw even if they do.
Rise,

I like the whole hand. You should play drunk more often. :)
-Screech

#22 SwolyswoND

SwolyswoND

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,170 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Limit Hold Em, Razz

Posted 17 September 2009 - 08:24 AM

View PostRISEorFall, on Monday, September 14th, 2009, 2:41 AM, said:

id bet 4th street in hand 2. no one is playing like they have a high made yet and we have the only low draw even if they do.
Hero did, did he not?
QUOTE (Ninja Ace @ Wednesday, March 24th, 2010, 2:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Flops are kind of like vagina's. The wetter they are, the harder you hit them.

#23 RISEorFall

RISEorFall

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,984 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:HU freezeout 4 souls

Posted 18 September 2009 - 07:36 PM

yeah, nvm. musta been late, really thought he didnt.
Rise,

I like the whole hand. You should play drunk more often. :)
-Screech

#24 KingJames

KingJames

<ēj))))><

• Members
  • 5,531 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:6max cash

Posted 23 September 2009 - 02:51 PM

An interesting spot live:Obv can't remember all dead cards, and some suits are prob wrong (I want a photographic memory for xmas)Stud8- 6 handed .5/1 (.1ante/.25bring-in)Villain 1: (X X) Ac AdVillain 2: (X X) Qd QhHero: (2h 3c) 4d 8c3rd: Hero brings-in, 1 fold, Villain 1 completes, Villain 2 calls, couple folds, Hero calls (4.1sb)4th: Villain 1 bets, Villain 2 raises, Hero...It should be noted that Villain 1 tried to double-bet, but it's stud8. He also had a dollar chip in his hand as he was going to 3bet... So I'm looking at a capped 4th streetI'm assuming that I'm against something like 54 AA and TQ QQ or JJ QQ (I don't think villain two would raise with just JT QQ) Villain 1 could certainly have 4A AA... Any and all thoughts
Spoolios custom fit sports

If you wanna keep your rep up, you know you gotta step up
Tough times never last, but tough people do
blog: 1/1 2011 results/2012 goals

#25 SwolyswoND

SwolyswoND

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,170 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 09:14 PM

I really can't see anyone, good or bad at the game, b/3b the open AA here with two babies underneath - I think he has to have trips. A non-expert at S/8 won't b/3b because they are way behind Villain 2's repped hand, and have to catch 2 for any low, they will almost certainly peel and hope to improve in one direction or the other on 5th. An expert player won't b/3b (w)(w)AA either, because he will want to keep you in the hand with an 8 draw. Even though he has two to make any low, it's almost certain that it would end up being better than your 8 low. Since he's drawing at a two outer to scoop, he's got no reason to drive you out. Therefore I put V1 on trip aces and nothing else, really. I think you are certainly good to peel one here. if it does get capped on 4th, thats not the end of the world because even if you brick 5th V2 would have to be either certifiably insane (or have quads) to get in another raising war on 5th. And also, V2 is never raising anything besides trip Q there. You can safely throw out any ideas of JJQQ or TJQQ.

#26 KingJames

KingJames

<ēj))))><

• Members
  • 5,531 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 08:08 PM

TYTY, I stuck around for a capped 4th, 2 bets on 5th and made my low on 6th and took 1/2 the pot as neither of them improved and it was AAA vs QQQ

#27 SwolyswoND

SwolyswoND

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,170 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 07:45 AM

2 bets on 5th? Did QQ raise AGAIN? or did the AA get in a c/r?

#28 KingJames

KingJames

<ēj))))><

• Members
  • 5,531 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 06:43 PM

View PostSwolyswoND, on Sunday, September 27th, 2009, 8:45 AM, said:

2 bets on 5th? Did QQ raise AGAIN? or did the AA get in a c/r?
Obv can't remember all dead cards, and some suits are prob wrong (I want a photographic memory for xmas)Stud8- 6 handed .5/1 (.1ante/.25bring-in)Villain 1: (X X) Ac Ad 9x Tx (X)Villain 2: (X X) Qd Qh 4x Jx (x)Hero: (2h 3c) 4d 8c 2x 7x (Kx)3rd: Hero brings-in, 1 fold, Villain 1 completes, Villain 2 calls, couple folds, Hero calls (4.1sb)4th: Villain 1 bets, Villain 2 raises, Hero calls, Villain 1 raises, Villain 2 caps, Hero calls, Villain 1 calls (16.1sb)5th: Villain 1 checks, Villain 2 bets, Hero calls, Villain 1 raises, Villain 2 calls, Hero calls (14bb)6th: Vilain 1 bets, Villain 2 calls, Hero raises, Villain 1 calls, Villain 2 calls (20bb)7th: Villain 1 checks, Villain 2 checks, Hero bets, Villain 1 calls, Villain 2 calls (23bb)

#29 SwolyswoND

SwolyswoND

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,170 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 08:07 PM

Sheesh, I dunno if I'm ballsy enough to go for the c/r on 5th as Villain 1. With you showing three to a low I think as Villain 1 with open AA I'd just lead, the QQ calls and then I'd expect/hope the low to pump it up and then I could give the gas pipe to Villain 2 in a raising sandwich, as it's very obvious that he has QQQ. BTW, mark Villain 2 down as a complete moron and stalk him anytime he plays S/8. He shouldn't be calling on 3rd after the Ace completes, let alone raising 4th nor betting 5th.

#30 KingJames

KingJames

<ēj))))><

• Members
  • 5,531 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 09:24 PM

Yes, very true about villain 2And luckily, he is a regular at my home game. .10/.25 NL & PL games and .50/1 limit games... lots of fun. Pretty decent NL players, but their stud/8/razz abilities are terrible. <3 that game...TY your responses...

#31 gfdsa146

gfdsa146

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,958 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 05:22 PM

View PostKingJames, on Monday, September 28th, 2009, 1:24 AM, said:

Yes, very true about villain 2And luckily, he is a regular at my home game. .10/.25 NL & PL games and .50/1 limit games... lots of fun. Pretty decent NL players, but their stud/8/razz abilities are terrible. <3 that game...TY your responses...
omfg how the hell do you convince people at your home game to play anything else besides NLHE? I wanna try to get them to play stud8 cuz I think i'd rock them to death.

#32 KingJames

KingJames

<ēj))))><

• Members
  • 5,531 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 11:24 AM

View Postgfdsa146, on Thursday, October 22nd, 2009, 6:22 PM, said:

omfg how the hell do you convince people at your home game to play anything else besides NLHE? I wanna try to get them to play stud8 cuz I think i'd rock them to death.
Yes, it's fantastic!The game is at my house and I tell everyone that it's dealers choice. .1/.25 NL and PL and .5/1 limit games... I've got them into playing PLO8 Stud8 Razz and NL27 single draw... and as bad as they are at NLHE, they are way worse at mixed games... It ends up being about 70% NLHE and 30% other games, which is nice.Brag:Scopped a 30BB pot in stud8 Tuesday night with rolled-up 5s... just to get an idea of how lol-bad people are at stud8, a friend capped 3rd with split 9s...I beat 9s up, aces up and a busted low-draw... scoooooooooop

#33 KingJames

KingJames

<ēj))))><

• Members
  • 5,531 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 01:22 PM

Interesting article from 2+2 mag...http://www.twoplustw...airs-Stud-8.php

#34 KingJames

KingJames

<ēj))))><

• Members
  • 5,531 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 02:11 PM

HU 7game: Stud8 $.50/$1 with .1 anteHero: (6 :3h 7 :qh) 5 :club: 9 :jh 3 :ts Q :club:Laggy Villain: ( Xx Xx ) A :4h T :D 5 :5c K :diamond:3rd: Hero brings-in, Villain completes, Hero calls (2.4sb)4th: Villain bets, Hero calls (3.4sb)5th: Villain bets, Hero call (3.7BB)6th: Villain bets, Hero????Villain is laggy in that he always bets when he has the lead. I've made some thin call downs, but I doubt he is adjusting. Always completes when I bring-in so I think his hole-card range is pretty much ATCMeh, I've been putting down some thoughts and I guess it's a pretty zzzzz standard call...

#35 staniv

staniv

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 239 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:H.O.R.S.E

Posted 11 November 2009 - 10:29 PM

View PostKingJames, on Thursday, November 5th, 2009, 5:11 PM, said:

HU 7game: Stud8 $.50/$1 with .1 anteHero: (6 :3h 7 :qh) 5 :club: 9 :jh 3 :ts Q :club:Laggy Villain: ( Xx Xx ) A :4h T :D 5 :5c K :diamond:3rd: Hero brings-in, Villain completes, Hero calls (2.4sb)4th: Villain bets, Hero calls (3.4sb)5th: Villain bets, Hero call (3.7BB)6th: Villain bets, Hero????Villain is laggy in that he always bets when he has the lead. I've made some thin call downs, but I doubt he is adjusting. Always completes when I bring-in so I think his hole-card range is pretty much ATCMeh, I've been putting down some thoughts and I guess it's a pretty zzzzz standard call...
str drawlow draw flush draw and it hu i'm raising 6thand ask questions other places u should be happy i'm real bored while playing now and seen this :D

#36 KingJames

KingJames

<ēj))))><

• Members
  • 5,531 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 01:39 PM

View Poststaniv, on Wednesday, November 11th, 2009, 11:29 PM, said:

str drawlow draw flush draw and it hu i'm raising 6thand ask questions other places u should be happy i'm real bored while playing now and seen this :club:
Yeah, no one reads this so I kind of just post whatever here... I have been so bad at retrieving HHs from 7game b/c I've gotten accustomed to having tracker...I am gonna put in some 7game/HORSE volume this week!!

#37 KingJames

KingJames

<ēj))))><

• Members
  • 5,531 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 09:48 AM

I haven't been playing stud at all recently... PLO and NLHE ftw but it's super tilting so I'm really gonna try to play some 7game soon

#38 KingJames

KingJames

<ēj))))><

• Members
  • 5,531 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 02:31 PM

My home game is a mixed game dealer's choice where we play .1/.25 PLO PLO8 NLHE and .5/1 limit everything else.Well it works about to be about 75% NLHE 15 % PLO/PLO8 and 10% stud/8/razz/draw games.It's super HOF because there are like two players who will get an A on 3rd and bet every street if they have the lead, and call down if they don't.They are also the same guys who raise in NL2-7 single draw, stand pat and pot post draw like 30-50% of the time...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users