Absolute/UB Cereus No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (8 handed) - Absolute/UB Cereus Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comButton ($2.42)SB ($3.98)Hero (BB) ($2.06)UTG ($1.57)UTG+1 ($9.51)MP1 ($0.80)MP2 ($4.53)CO ($4.93)Preflop: Hero is BB with A :4h, Q :5c4 folds, CO bets $0.07, 1 fold, SB calls $0.06, Hero calls $0.05Flop: ($0.21) Q :club:, 6 :qh, 6 :3h(3 players)SB checks, Hero bets $0.12, CO calls $0.12, 1 foldTurn: ($0.45) 3 :ts(2 players)Hero bets $0.22, CO raises to $4.74 (All-In) Hero???I immediately think about about pocket 3's, x-6, or some kind of weird queen, anywhere form K-Q to Q-8.Wich play is +EV, fold or call?and I Know i should be careful with only one pair when facing an all-in on the turn...i hate these spots

3-bet preflop. Your AK/AQ hands rely too much on folding equity to overcall like this.I'm not exactly sure how you also rule out A's and K's or A-6s... or even add in something silly like Q-8 through Q-T... but I"m fairly certain folding is you *only* option here unless there is the rare exception that he continuously makes monster overbet bluffs which is superrare to find.Think about what you're ahead of... maybe a crappily played KQ or total air... that's it

you've supplied no reads so the standard line is to fold. I'd expect him to have KK+/qq/66/betterhandpf is a good spot to 3-bet but, again, can't know for sure if we don't know the players involved

I re pop this pre flop. You're miles ahead of the CO's range and the sb never has a better hand.I don't like donking this flop at all. Not that there is a really good way to play this oop which is why 3-betting pre is so good.

How can you guys say 3bet without knowing how tight the opener is?The flat call preflop is completely fine unless the opener is a nut job, at that point it becomes a large mistake to not squeeze.Having reads on villain would make this spot infinitely easier. I would bet/call the turn but sometimes you'll see KK/AA played like this.

How can you guys say 3bet without knowing how tight the opener is?The flat call preflop is completely fine unless the opener is a nut job, at that point it becomes a large mistake to not squeeze.Having reads on villain would make this spot infinitely easier. I would bet/call the turn but sometimes you'll see KK/AA played like this.
This is a 3 bet preflop, and it's not even close. You are missing an insane amount of value by flatting here.I don't understand the reasoning behind the flop donk bet. This is a board where we should expect villain to cb his entire range, and we aren't to worried about it getting checked through.

I don't even know why I wasted my time responding to these hands. I should just keep letting breakeven 10nl players give advice to other breakeven 5nl players.

LOL Ryan strat tilt!
lol! Yeah, I am.These fuckers are saying that not 3betting AQss is a huge mistake when we know NOTHING about the opener.I'm saying 3betting it is okay but flatting isn't a mistake either. It only becomes a large mistake if villain has a high steal percentage, which none of us know if he does.It's like these fuckers don't want to take advice from people who have worked on their game and have come up through the limits. They don't take advice from people who are better than them and play much higher than them. I hope they are content at grinding out 10nl. When I posted here more regularly around a year ago, a lot of these same guys are playing the same limits then as they are now. You know what that says? They are pretty poor players.

Responding to Ryan tilt puts me in such an odd spot. I think there are a few things here:1. They don't know you and don't know if you suck or not. Not that it should matter, because they should think about your advice and counter it with sound reasoning, but w/e.2. It shouldn't tilt you unless you want to actually make people better on these forums, you don't need their recognition that you're a very good NL player, many people know it and w/e you make all the mobnies.3. This is kinda dangerous to post, but... just because people post in NL strat doesn't mean they want to get better at poker. A lot of time they just want to prove/verify that their thought process was correct, and instead of looking outside that box onto other ways of playing it they are going to just defend what they believe was/is right.4. Because of #3 a lot of your last sentence is true.

I don't even know why I wasted my time responding to these hands. I should just keep letting breakeven 10nl players give advice to other breakeven 5nl players.
If you are not raising AQs in this spot against most players at microstakes, then you aren't value 3 betting enough. Villain will call with a lot of Ax, KQ, KJ, KT, QJ, QT, JT, low-middle pocket pairs, and sc hands.
If you are not raising AQs in this spot against most players at microstakes, then you aren't value 3 betting enough. Villain will call with a lot of Ax, KQ, KJ, KT, QJ, QT, JT, low-middle pocket pairs, and sc hands.
These fuckers are saying that not 3betting AQss is a huge mistake when we know NOTHING about the opener.I'm saying 3betting it is okay but flatting isn't a mistake either. It only becomes a large mistake if villain has a high steal percentage, which none of us know if he does.
So I'm reading this thread and what you go on to say from this point on makes a lot of sense. The problem is that we are given a very limited amount of information to deal with and it's $5 NL, so many, many people (prob correctly) make the assumption that it's OK to 3bet. And I'm guessing that the hero knows very little about the villain as well, prob isn't using PT, has no stats or reads.
2. It shouldn't tilt you unless you want to actually make people better on these forums, you don't need their recognition that you're a very good NL player, many people know it and w/e you make all the mobnies.
Word.I shouldn't really care to be honest. I guess this is why everybody moved to the private forum. The microgrinders at 4bb seem so much more open to learning/improving/moving up than fcp strat.Good luck in turning this place around, Tim.
Word.I shouldn't really care to be honest. I guess this is why everybody moved to the private forum. The microgrinders at 4bb seem so much more open to learning/improving/moving up than fcp strat.Good luck in turning this place around, Tim.
I don't understand why everyone takes everything so personal around here. Like... seriously? If the above is what sets you off then I dunno how you handle playing poker.
Pretty well apparently.
And again - brag. Why? And you took that out of context.I'm just asking why you're taking someone disagreeing with you so personal. Not everyone knows everyone else's poker results/mind by heart.
And again - brag. Why? And you took that out of context.I'm just asking why you're taking someone disagreeing with you so personal. Not everyone knows everyone else's poker results/mind by heart.
:club:

One guy comes in the thread and says, "you miss a lot of value by flatting pf," and you respond "I don't know why I bother, these ****ers all suck I'm part of the private forum clubargghghgghg!!!"

Favorite Poker Game: Not just another arrogent ******* pothead.
lol