I seem to do very well at SnG's, even up to 180s. My ROI is quite good in them, and I am a winning player in them. Bt I suck at massive MTTS. Why?Is there a big difference? Do I lose patience? I don't get it. Have I not played enough MTTS to be on the other side of variance? Mattspenc on stars for my stats. Any advice?I'd apply for VT's coaching, but I know I won't get picked. Advice?P.S. Whats up with all the new members posting dumb crap that gets closed?

The real question is what skills make you a good SnG player and not a good MTT player.Those skills are summed up in one word: LuckAnd hotpockets, but hotpockets are kind of esotericOh and more old members need to start new threads to stop the need for new members to ask dumb questions.Except checky, he shouldn't start new threads

The real question is what skills make you a good SnG player and not a good MTT player.Those skills are summed up in one word: LuckAnd hotpockets, but hotpockets are kind of esotericOh and more old members need to start new threads to stop the need for new members to ask dumb questions.Except checky, he shouldn't start new threads
While we can all agree on that, maybe I am not spending more time advancing my game. I haven't read a book in years, SnG's are robotic, but overall not a decent score. I don't consider myself a grinder, I'd like a decent run in the 20 or so MTTS I run a week.
While we can all agree on that, maybe I am not spending more time advancing my game. I haven't read a book in years, SnG's are robotic, but overall not a decent score. I don't consider myself a grinder, I'd like a decent run in the 20 or so MTTS I run a week.
I started playing the double or nothing ones to build my shattered bankroll and they ruined my game for MTTs.Try staying away from SnGs for a while and see if that helps.

I've found SNG's are mostly only useful for final table experience. In MTT's you can't count on there being fewer and fewer opponents at your table. Identify where in the MTT you're having trouble (initial chip accumulation, mid tourney play, bubble play, etc.). Chances are SNG's aren't helping with any of the likely areas.