59 replies to this topic

#21 DrawingDeadInDM

DrawingDeadInDM

BCS Bound

• Members
  • 18,247 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 06:03 PM

View PostCaneBrain, on Wednesday, May 27th, 2009, 4:22 PM, said:

AWESOME!!!!!! from yahoo:I'm sure there are a lot of Vikings fans out there who would love to see Brett Favre(notes) put on the purple and yellow, but Fran Tarkenton isn't one of them. If it does eventually happen, you won't see Tarkenton showing up at Favre's door in Minnesota with a freshly-baked apple pie to welcome him.Tarkenton was on 790 the Zone in Atlanta yesterday and talked about the Brett Favre's "I'm retired, wait, no I'm not" bit.I think its despicable. What he put the Packers through last year was not good. Heres an organization that was loyal to him for 17, 18 years, provided stability of organization, provided players. It just wasnt about Brett Favre. In this day and time, we have glorified the Brett Favres of the world so much, they think its about them. He goes to New York and bombs. Hes 39 years old. How would you like Ray Nitschke in his last year (playing for) the Vikings, or I retire, and go play for the Packers. I kind of hope it happens, so he can fail.Wow. That's a Limbaugh-on-Obama level of hatred right there. And Tarkenton wasn't much more complimentary of Favre as a football player, either.I think he has been a great flamboyant quarterback, but he has made more stupid plays than any great quarterback that Ive ever seen. Look at his final game in a Packers uniform. He blew that game against the Giants. Hes playing against Eli Manning(notes), I love Eli Manning, but hes still not a great quarterback. Hes not Peyton yet, or Tom Brady(notes). Hes just a guy. And theyre (Packers) are playing at home, and theyre in a tight situation, they went to overtime and he (Favre) throws the interception that allows them (the Giants) to come back and win the game. He has done that and driven his coaches crazy all of his career.
I agree with every word.
I'm also fed up with the common cold but I just hate to say goodbye.

#22 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

Forum Entitlist

• Members
  • 23,812 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 11:38 AM

View PostDrawingDeadInDM, on Thursday, May 28th, 2009, 9:03 PM, said:

I agree with every word.
Me too! Fran Tarkington is officially my favorite QB I've never seen play.
Posted Image
"We are only wise in knowing that we know nothing"
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

"I'm a basketball player and a businessman, not a Thundercat,"
-Lebron James

#23 Freddec

Freddec

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,970 posts
  • Interests:poker, sports, music<br /><br />

Posted 31 May 2009 - 07:48 PM

View PostBigDMcGee, on Friday, May 29th, 2009, 11:38 AM, said:

Me too! Fran Tarkington is officially my favorite QB I've never seen play.
another fine product from UGA
THIS OLD TOWNS FILLED WITH SIN
ITLL SWALLOW YOU IN
IF YOUVE GOT SOME MONEY TO BURN
TAKE IT HOME, RIGHT AWAY
YOUVE GOT THREE YEARS TO PAY
BUT SATAN IS WAITING HIS TURN

"Sin City" Gram Parsons

freddec on Stars
freddyspades on Tilt

#24 leftygolfer

leftygolfer

Back and better than ever

• Members
  • 3,995 posts
  • Interests:Making the correct decisions

Posted 29 July 2009 - 05:12 AM

HahahahahaBigD you still have that Favre sack pic sequence? Epic IMO.
QUOTE (speedz99 @ Monday, May 4th, 2009, 11:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I find you all to be unfunny and annoying.

Ok, I think I'm going to venture out of the house for the first time in a few days. A round of golf in the sun will do me some good.

Watch your thoughts; they become your words. Watch your words; they become your habits. Watch your habits; they become your character. Watch your character; it becomes your legacy.
-Jack Nicklaus

#25 grocery_mony

grocery_mony

^Douchebag^

• Members
  • 9,081 posts
  • Interests:poker,money

Posted 17 August 2009 - 05:03 PM

OMG, **** off Favre

#26 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,896 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:5/10 NLHE (100 max buy in)

Posted 17 August 2009 - 07:11 PM

View Postgrocery_mony, on Monday, August 17th, 2009, 6:03 PM, said:

OMG, **** off Favre
I can't take it anymore. This story is like a god damn vampire...it just will not die.
"Give a little bit.....give a little bit of your chips to me...."

#27 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,896 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 10:07 AM

and it is official. Favre is back. What a jopke.I hope he stinks and gets benched for Sage Rosenfels.....that would be a fitting end to his end of career bullcrap.

#28 SGFULTON83

SGFULTON83

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,120 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 11:00 AM

View PostCaneBrain, on Tuesday, August 18th, 2009, 2:07 PM, said:

I hope he stinks and gets benched for Sage Rosenfels.....that would be a fitting end to his end of career bullcrap.
Yeah, I would be pretty pissed if I was some no-name trying to earn a roster spot and had been working my ass off during training camp. Just come out and say you want to sign but don't want to go through training camp instead of playing those media games about whether your retired or not. Everyone knows Brett knew full well his intentions and so did the Vikings front office more than likely. I just think its shitty for the no-name guys out there busting their ass trying to make it.I used to kind of like Favre but over the last few years of this BS, I'm kind of sick of "the ole gunslinger".

#29 DrawingDeadInDM

DrawingDeadInDM

BCS Bound

• Members
  • 18,247 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 11:13 AM

Don't know why anyone's surprised. He's been doing this to Packers fans for 4 years now.

#30 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,896 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 11:45 AM

View PostDrawingDeadInDM, on Tuesday, August 18th, 2009, 11:13 AM, said:

Don't know why anyone's surprised. He's been doing this to Packers fans for 4 years now.
yeah. Favre has reached the "George Foreman" stage of his career. Whatever he says about retiring or un-retiring just ignore it. You can't believe anything he says about the subject.I think Minnesota is making a huge mistake....Rosenfels would be better for them. Favre looked awful last year down the stretch. Not "bad for Favre" but bad for anyone. He killed the Jets at the end of the season. Just killed them. He will have a lot to work with in Minnesota though.

#31 DrawingDeadInDM

DrawingDeadInDM

BCS Bound

• Members
  • 18,247 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 12:42 PM

View PostCaneBrain, on Tuesday, August 18th, 2009, 12:45 PM, said:

yeah. Favre has reached the "George Foreman" stage of his career. Whatever he says about retiring or un-retiring just ignore it. You can't believe anything he says about the subject.I think Minnesota is making a huge mistake....Rosenfels would be better for them. Favre looked awful last year down the stretch. Not "bad for Favre" but bad for anyone. He killed the Jets at the end of the season. Just killed them. He will have a lot to work with in Minnesota though.
Minnesota, IMO, needs a game manager. Someone who just hands the ball off to their stable of running backs, doesn't turn the ball over and generally just makes good decisions and tosses for 180-225 a game. Favre is not that guy.

#32 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,896 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 01:04 PM

View PostDrawingDeadInDM, on Tuesday, August 18th, 2009, 1:42 PM, said:

Minnesota, IMO, needs a game manager. Someone who just hands the ball off to their stable of running backs, doesn't turn the ball over and generally just makes good decisions and tosses for 180-225 a game. Favre is not that guy.
I agree. He will chaff (chafe?) against the role that makes the Vikings best (QB = game-manager) whereas Sage would have been thrilled to hand the ball off most of the game. Plus, the best part about having a great running game (which the Vikes obviously do) is that you can take advantage by throwing downfield off play action. Can Favre make teams pay down the field in December? Maybe in a dome....but his arm was basically falling off during the season finale last year. The dolphins played a very blah sort of game and Favre handed them the W.

#33 bmtphs05

bmtphs05

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 02:01 PM

I hate Brett Favre. And I've been a Packers fan all my life. I hated him when he pulled this retirement crap for the last several years, and now, the tip of the iceberg. I was glad his ass was sent to the Jets, and glad he failed there. Favre has no intentions of trying to win a Super Bowl. Just wants two chances to f*** with Ted Thompson and every GB fan.And ESPN will treat November 1st bigger than the Super Bowl, guaranteed. To be honest, I'm giddy because I expect him to bomb, and to be embarrassed when he returns to Lambeau.

#34 CoolHandPuke

CoolHandPuke

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 08:23 AM

Posted Image

#35 grocery_mony

grocery_mony

^Douchebag^

• Members
  • 9,081 posts
  • Interests:poker,money

Posted 04 August 2010 - 06:47 AM

See you in 4 weeks Brett

#36 Vatche

Vatche

Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 10:06 AM

lol @ all the self-ownage in this thread...i love how everyone in here ignores the fact he played injured the last half of the jets season.old washed up favre and his stats for 2009:passer rating: 107.2yards: 4,202td's: 33int: 768% cmpoh, and practiclly lead the team to the SB...insanne enviorment at the metrodome...fumble after fumble...blown call after blown call....everything possible that could be going against the vikes happening, and yet here is favre leading the final drive...tie game, 4th quarter, minute and a half to go, 1st and 10 in FG range, and here comes another miracle to bail out the saints...too many men on the field?????? favre was one 5 yard penalty away from the SB...bottom line, the vikings were the best team last season...favre was the best QB last season...the vikings wouldve destroyed the saints on a neutral filed...it took home filed, boatload of fumbles, crooked refs, a bizzare penalty at the worst time and a coin flip to beat the vikes...but thats ooooooookkkkkkkkkk...because hes comming back...hes GOING TO TAKE WHATS HIS...and he will shut every single haters mouth up while they watch him lift the SB MVP trophy...its going to be SEXUALbuckle up boys and girls, FAVREAGEDDON is upon us...aint nothing anyone can do to stop it...oh, in case anyone wants to say the game was reffed fairly.....

#37 SBriand

SBriand

Viva La Beaver!

• Members
  • 15,097 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 10:11 AM

I vaguely remember the game and all I can remember is that he had a chance to go to the SB regardless of the alleged crappy call but instead threw his patented INT. I could be wrong. But I know one thing for sure, I could care less if he plays or not and I don't care who he plays for.
QUOTE (digitalmonkey @ Wednesday, August 18th, 2010, 1:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Steve,

It doesn't matter who you start because you have a horse shoe up your ass so far I'm not really sure how you get through the day. You must be gay.

#38 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,896 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 10:16 AM

View PostVatche, on Wednesday, August 4th, 2010, 2:06 PM, said:

lol @ all the self-ownage in this thread...i love how everyone in here ignores the fact he played injured the last half of the jets season.old washed up favre and his stats for 2009:passer rating: 107.2yards: 4,202td's: 33int: 768% cmpoh, and practiclly lead the team to the SB...insanne enviorment at the metrodome...fumble after fumble...blown call after blown call....everything possible that could be going against the vikes happening, and yet here is favre leading the final drive...tie game, 4th quarter, minute and a half to go, 1st and 10 in FG range, and here comes another miracle to bail out the saints...too many men on the field?????? favre was one 5 yard penalty away from the SB...bottom line, the vikings were the best team last season...favre was the best QB last season...the vikings wouldve destroyed the saints on a neutral filed...it took home filed, boatload of fumbles, crooked refs, a bizzare penalty at the worst time and a coin flip to beat the vikes...but thats ooooooookkkkkkkkkk...because hes comming back...hes GOING TO TAKE WHATS HIS...and he will shut every single haters mouth up while they watch him lift the SB MVP trophy...its going to be SEXUALbuckle up boys and girls, FAVREAGEDDON is upon us...aint nothing anyone can do to stop it...oh, in case anyone wants to say the game was reffed fairly.....
oh.

#39 JoeyJoJo

JoeyJoJo

On the road to 8,143 (approximately)

• Members
  • 8,140 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 10:20 AM

View PostCaneBrain, on Wednesday, August 4th, 2010, 11:16 AM, said:

oh.
Yeah, pretty much.Also, Drew Brees was better than Favre last year.
Homer: Moe, I need your advice.
Moe: Yeah?
Homer: See, I got this friend named... Joey Jo Jo... Junior... Shabadoo.
Moe: That's the worst name I ever heard.

#40 Vatche

Vatche

Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 10:28 AM

View PostCaneBrain, on Wednesday, August 4th, 2010, 11:16 AM, said:

oh.
lol, sorry for the emotional post...6 months and i guess im not over it yet :)i dont think about it anymore like i did for the 1st 2 months, but everytime i come accross something about it on the internet, all the anger comes back...just want the new season to start so i could forget about this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users