Jump to content


2009 San Francisco Giants Thread


  • Please log in to reply
215 replies to this topic

#201 Graydon

Graydon

    Poker Forum Regular

  • Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 09:35 PM

The whole Fielder situation was weird. I really didn't see a problem with it and I'm a Giants fan and a high school baseball coach (so I've seen many different kinds of showboating). I am all for putting one in a player's back if they disrespect the game or your team or a player, but I didn't take it like that. I can definitely see both sides of the argument though. More importantly, Lincecum is scratched, the Giants fall 3 games back and my sorrow increases....

#202 Graydon

Graydon

    Poker Forum Regular

  • Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 04:49 PM

Wow, we beat the Dodgers! Now we're only 7 games out!!! or whatever it is : ( yes i'm pouting

#203 PMJackson21

PMJackson21

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 4,942 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:San Jose, Ca

Posted 15 September 2009 - 11:35 PM

Win tomorrow and maybe even Tom will post again.
----

Patrick
PMJackson21

"PrtyPsux estaba jugando muy loose, raiseaba desde early con KJo...cosas asi."

#204 GeneralGeeWhiz

GeneralGeeWhiz

    Go Niners

  • Members
  • 5,191 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cupertino/Garden City, CA
  • Interests:mtt bubbles, girls, fast cars and golf.
  • Favorite Poker Game:mtt bubbles

Posted 17 September 2009 - 10:19 AM

View PostPMJackson21, on Wednesday, September 16th, 2009, 12:35 AM, said:

Win tomorrow and maybe even Tom will post again.
i doubt he will post again until next season.

#205 Good Tom Hunting

Good Tom Hunting

    Poker Forum Regular

  • Members
  • 175 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:San Jose,CA
  • Favorite Poker Game:NLH MTT

Posted 18 September 2009 - 11:47 AM

View PostGeneralGeeWhiz, on Thursday, September 17th, 2009, 11:19 AM, said:

i doubt he will post again until next season.
HA! :club:

#206 GeneralGeeWhiz

GeneralGeeWhiz

    Go Niners

  • Members
  • 5,191 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cupertino/Garden City, CA
  • Interests:mtt bubbles, girls, fast cars and golf.
  • Favorite Poker Game:mtt bubbles

Posted 18 September 2009 - 11:49 AM

View PostGood Tom Hunting, on Friday, September 18th, 2009, 12:47 PM, said:

HA! :club:
Wow! :ts

#207 Good Tom Hunting

Good Tom Hunting

    Poker Forum Regular

  • Members
  • 175 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:San Jose,CA
  • Favorite Poker Game:NLH MTT

Posted 19 September 2009 - 08:12 PM

After this loss, I will officially admit that I think they have no chance of getting in the playoffs. :club: Even though they won't make the playoffs, I have to say that this has been one of the most exciting years in recent history and it has been a lot of fun to follow them this year. I think it is now time to get our young guys some more playing time and look towards the future. Hopefully, Bochy will give Bumgarner and Posey some starts before the season ends.

#208 GeneralGeeWhiz

GeneralGeeWhiz

    Go Niners

  • Members
  • 5,191 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cupertino/Garden City, CA
  • Interests:mtt bubbles, girls, fast cars and golf.
  • Favorite Poker Game:mtt bubbles

Posted 20 September 2009 - 12:26 AM

View PostGood Tom Hunting, on Saturday, September 19th, 2009, 9:12 PM, said:

After this loss, I will officially admit that I think they have no chance of getting in the playoffs. :club: Even though they won't make the playoffs, I have to say that this has been one of the most exciting years in recent history and it has been a lot of fun to follow them this year. I think it is now time to get our young guys some more playing time and look towards the future. Hopefully, Bochy will give Bumgarner and Posey some starts before the season ends.
^ this.the giants exceeded my low expectations that I had for them entering this season.

#209 Moneyball16

Moneyball16

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 2,747 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Poker, Baseball, Movies
  • Favorite Poker Game:2-7TD or Holdem

Posted 20 September 2009 - 06:13 AM

Still have 4.64% on BP. Pretty terrible September for baseball with every division leader/wild card leader pretty much a lock for playoffs besides the Tigers which still have 70%.

#210 Good Tom Hunting

Good Tom Hunting

    Poker Forum Regular

  • Members
  • 175 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:San Jose,CA
  • Favorite Poker Game:NLH MTT

Posted 20 September 2009 - 03:27 PM

Top hitting prospect, Angel Villalona is suspected of murder in the Dominican Republic. Link to storyFantastic. :club:

#211 PMJackson21

PMJackson21

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 4,942 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:San Jose, Ca

Posted 26 September 2009 - 08:25 PM

GG, wp, ulBrian Wilson putting the final nail in the coffin Thursday night brought a smile to my face, I must admit. I hate that guy. Hopefully the Giants bring back Bochy and Sabean and I don't have to worry too much about them over the next few years. Don't fall for the Penny/multi-year deal trap he is trying to get you guys with, and bite the bullet and overpay for some offensive help and the Giants will be pretty competitive next year. Sabean's moves have still kinda f'd the team (Renteria, Sanchez, etc) but you never know.
----

Patrick
PMJackson21

"PrtyPsux estaba jugando muy loose, raiseaba desde early con KJo...cosas asi."

#212 El Guapo

El Guapo

    Like A Boss!

  • Members
  • 16,439 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Carmen's Flower

Posted 26 September 2009 - 09:16 PM

Going to the game tomorrow, but I am a Cubs fan.

#213 GeneralGeeWhiz

GeneralGeeWhiz

    Go Niners

  • Members
  • 5,191 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cupertino/Garden City, CA
  • Interests:mtt bubbles, girls, fast cars and golf.
  • Favorite Poker Game:mtt bubbles

Posted 27 September 2009 - 06:00 PM

View PostPMJackson21, on Saturday, September 26th, 2009, 9:25 PM, said:

GG, wp, ulBrian Wilson putting the final nail in the coffin Thursday night brought a smile to my face, I must admit. I hate that guy. Hopefully the Giants bring back Bochy and Sabean and I don't have to worry too much about them over the next few years. Don't fall for the Penny/multi-year deal trap he is trying to get you guys with, and bite the bullet and overpay for some offensive help and the Giants will be pretty competitive next year. Sabean's moves have still kinda f'd the team (Renteria, Sanchez, etc) but you never know.
if this happens, kill me. i really hope that our new owner boots both their asses to the curb and sign some offense.

#214 El Guapo

El Guapo

    Like A Boss!

  • Members
  • 16,439 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Carmen's Flower

Posted 27 September 2009 - 06:57 PM

HAHAHA, the Giants are terrible.Bottom of the first no out runners at first and second. Bochy decides to sacrifice with Wynn. Seriously, WTF? In the first? No outs? With your 3 hole hitter? They still won, but the Cubs had 5 guys in the lineup I have never heard of.

#215 PMJackson21

PMJackson21

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 4,942 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:San Jose, Ca

Posted 27 September 2009 - 07:01 PM

View PostEl Guapo, on Sunday, September 27th, 2009, 7:57 PM, said:

HAHAHA, the Giants are terrible.Bottom of the first no out runners at first and second. Bochy decides to sacrifice with Wynn. Seriously, WTF? In the first? No outs? With your 3 hole hitter? They still won, but the Cubs had 5 guys in the lineup I have never heard of.
The funniest part of this scenario is that Randy Wynn is their 3 hitter.
----

Patrick
PMJackson21

"PrtyPsux estaba jugando muy loose, raiseaba desde early con KJo...cosas asi."

#216 GeneralGeeWhiz

GeneralGeeWhiz

    Go Niners

  • Members
  • 5,191 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cupertino/Garden City, CA
  • Interests:mtt bubbles, girls, fast cars and golf.
  • Favorite Poker Game:mtt bubbles

Posted 27 September 2009 - 08:08 PM

View PostPMJackson21, on Sunday, September 27th, 2009, 8:01 PM, said:

The funniest part of this scenario is that Randy Wynn is their 3 hitter.
stop. it stings. why must you torture me?? its bad enough to be a loyal giants fan. :club:




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users