215 replies to this topic

#141 Sportsmack

Sportsmack

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 05:14 PM

View PostGood Tom Hunting, on Tuesday, August 18th, 2009, 5:16 PM, said:

Yeah, it hurt. I cried a little :club: On another note, why the bleep is schierholtz not playing? did he stab bochy or something?!?!?
I believe Schierholtz is fine, but Wynn had a pretty nice game last night...it might just be a "play the hot bat" situation. I actually think he's like 2 for 3 already tonight with 2 RBI. Looks like he might get a few more starts.
QUOTE (TwstdWrstr @ Thursday, April 2nd, 2009, 3:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Only two more tables until you achieve poker orgy! Chips will be flying every which way, nonstop suck outs galore, and you won't know where you blew your stack but damn it'll be a great night.

#142 Sportsmack

Sportsmack

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 11:34 AM

/season
Only two more tables until you achieve poker orgy! Chips will be flying every which way, nonstop suck outs galore, and you won't know where you blew your stack but damn it'll be a great night.

#143 GeneralGeeWhiz

GeneralGeeWhiz

Go Niners

• Members
  • 5,191 posts
  • Interests:mtt bubbles, girls, fast cars and golf.
  • Favorite Poker Game:mtt bubbles

Posted 25 August 2009 - 12:35 PM

View PostSportsmack, on Tuesday, August 25th, 2009, 12:34 PM, said:

/season
this. asfdhwuncljanecpdkkneruiy24895

#144 gobears

gobears

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 6,096 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 01:31 PM

And as an aside - how has that Sanchez trade worked out so far? Sabean, you dimwit!
Work to live, don't live to work - Todd Harrison

#145 Good Tom Hunting

Good Tom Hunting

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 175 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:NLH MTT

Posted 25 August 2009 - 01:32 PM

/season

View PostGeneralGeeWhiz, on Tuesday, August 25th, 2009, 1:35 PM, said:

this. asfdhwuncljanecpdkkneruiy24895
I think that is a little bit of an overreaction. I realize the loss was devastating, but teams have come back from worse.The Rockies play the dodgers for three games and then head to SF to play three games. If the Giants are still 4 games out after this stretch, then yes, I would say they are out of it.

#146 GeneralGeeWhiz

GeneralGeeWhiz

Go Niners

• Members
  • 5,191 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 03:00 PM

View PostGood Tom Hunting, on Tuesday, August 25th, 2009, 2:32 PM, said:

I think that is a little bit of an overreaction. I realize the loss was devastating, but teams have come back from worse.The Rockies play the dodgers for three games and then head to SF to play three games. If the Giants are still 4 games out after this stretch, then yes, I would say they are out of it.
stop drinking the cool aid.

#147 Good Tom Hunting

Good Tom Hunting

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 03:02 PM

View PostGeneralGeeWhiz, on Tuesday, August 25th, 2009, 4:00 PM, said:

stop drinking the cool aid.
How can i stop when its delicious and red flavored? HOW CAN I?!?!?!

#148 Sportsmack

Sportsmack

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 03:40 PM

View PostGood Tom Hunting, on Tuesday, August 25th, 2009, 2:32 PM, said:

I think that is a little bit of an overreaction. I realize the loss was devastating, but teams THAT HAVE SOME SEMBLANCE OF AN OFFENSE have come back from worse.The Rockies play the dodgers for three games and then head to SF to play three games. If the Giants are still 4 games out after this stretch, then yes, I would say they are out of it.
eff why pee

#149 Good Tom Hunting

Good Tom Hunting

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 12:31 AM

Clutch Kirk Gibson-esqe HR by Bengie...3 games back

#150 Sportsmack

Sportsmack

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 06:01 AM

View PostGood Tom Hunting, on Thursday, August 27th, 2009, 1:31 AM, said:

Clutch Kirk Gibson-esqe HR by Bengie...3 games back
Late inning heroics against Arizona. Let me say that again....ARIZONA!!

#151 Good Tom Hunting

Good Tom Hunting

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 10:03 PM

Does anyone else in the league hit more HRs on 0-2 counts than Molina or Sandoval?

/season
...oh, and 2 games back btw :3h :4h :club: :ts :5c :qh

#152 Sportsmack

Sportsmack

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 11:58 PM

View PostGood Tom Hunting, on Friday, August 28th, 2009, 11:03 PM, said:

Does anyone else in the league hit more HRs on 0-2 counts than Molina or Sandoval? ...oh, and 2 games back btw :3h :4h :club: :ts :5c :qh
do you ever post after losses? just curious.

#153 Good Tom Hunting

Good Tom Hunting

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 02:14 AM

View PostSportsmack, on Saturday, August 29th, 2009, 12:58 AM, said:

do you ever post after losses? just curious.
were you just curious or were you trying to make a not so subtle point? I post whenever I feel like it. Maybe that is more after wins, maybe more after losses...i dont understand why it matters. I think now that the Giants are only two games back again you can definitely say that they are still in the playoff hunt. Call me crazy but ive always heard that good pitching and clutch hitting wins ballgames. :club:

#154 Sportsmack

Sportsmack

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 10:05 AM

View PostGood Tom Hunting, on Saturday, August 29th, 2009, 3:14 AM, said:

were you just curious or were you trying to make a not so subtle point? I post whenever I feel like it. Maybe that is more after wins, maybe more after losses...i dont understand why it matters. I think now that the Giants are only two games back again you can definitely say that they are still in the playoff hunt. Call me crazy but ive always heard that good pitching and clutch hitting wins ballgames. :jh
I wasn't necessarily trying to be subtle. And don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to pick a fight, you're actually starting to grow on me a little...but don't let it go to your head. I'm just saying that all you seem to do is post these guys :5c :ts :club: :qh :3h :4h after wins, but you don't show up after 11-0 losses to the D-bags. And yes, clutch hitting will win you ball games, however the Giants don't do it nearly enough to be a playoff team...just ask Barry Zito.

#155 GeneralGeeWhiz

GeneralGeeWhiz

Go Niners

• Members
  • 5,191 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 09:58 PM

View PostSportsmack, on Saturday, August 29th, 2009, 11:05 AM, said:

I wasn't necessarily trying to be subtle. And don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to pick a fight, you're actually starting to grow on me a little...but don't let it go to your head. I'm just saying that all you seem to do is post these guys :5c :ts :club: :qh :3h :4h after wins, but you don't show up after 11-0 losses to the D-bags. And yes, clutch hitting will win you ball games, however the Giants don't do it nearly enough to be a playoff team...just ask Barry Zito.
He pitched pretty well tonight. Not to mention he has a 1.80 ERA in his last eight starts.If the Giants can continue to play good, solid baseball, we could be a serious threat in the playoffs thanks to our pitching staff. (That's if we make the playoffs.)

#156 Good Tom Hunting

Good Tom Hunting

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 03:34 PM

Great win today!!!

#157 Sportsmack

Sportsmack

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 04:07 PM

View PostGeneralGeeWhiz, on Saturday, August 29th, 2009, 10:58 PM, said:

He pitched pretty well tonight. Not to mention he has a 1.80 ERA in his last eight starts.If the Giants can continue to play good, solid baseball, we could be a serious threat in the playoffs thanks to our pitching staff. (That's if we make the playoffs.)
My point wasn't that he's not pitching well. My point was that the Giants don't get those clutch hits with Z on the mound. I'm sure he's having flashbacks of Oakland.And going into this weekend I would've said that there's no way they can make the playoffs, much less be any kind of threat. This weekend's series however, makes me think they do still have a legitimate shot. They just need to stay consistent, and they haven't been able to do so all year.

#158 Graydon

Graydon

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 07:34 PM

I will admit, I had felt it was over even though it was only 4 games after that horrible loss to the Rocks in extras. Fortunately, we got to see the D-Backs for 3 games (barely won 2) and then put together a great full series for once against the Rockies. It's nice to be back in it, but we have a ways to go. I'm not sold on the bullpen or our offense just yet...but I'll take a tie for the wild card lead this late in the season any day!

#159 Good Tom Hunting

Good Tom Hunting

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 03:28 PM

Brad Penny has been picked up by the Giants.Good move I think...he should pitch a lot better in the N.L. and be a decent 5th starter.

#160 PMJackson21

PMJackson21

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,942 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 04:09 PM

View PostGood Tom Hunting, on Monday, August 31st, 2009, 4:28 PM, said:

Brad Penny has been picked up by the Giants.Good move I think...he should pitch a lot better in the N.L. and be a decent 5th starter.
Penny is a dbag but he probably should be a minor to moderate upgrade over Martinez. Not sure why Sabean is focused on upgrading his 5th starter when there are more glaring needs though.My fav commentary on Penny via Larry Bowa this spring:"Is this the same Penny that never went to meetings, that came late, left early, was never in shape, always had an excuse when things didn't go right, didn't help the young kids at all? Coaches get on players when they're lazy and don't work. I think he should worry about getting hitters out in the American League East and not worry about me."
----

Patrick
PMJackson21

"PrtyPsux estaba jugando muy loose, raiseaba desde early con KJo...cosas asi."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users