Jump to content


2009 San Francisco Giants Thread


  • Please log in to reply
215 replies to this topic

#1 GeneralGeeWhiz

GeneralGeeWhiz

    Go Niners

  • Members
  • 5,191 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cupertino/Garden City, CA
  • Interests:mtt bubbles, girls, fast cars and golf.
  • Favorite Poker Game:mtt bubbles

Posted 03 March 2009 - 09:29 PM

We don't need that Dodger POS Manny. :club: We have Sandoval, Ishakawa (who is playing a lot better than people anticipated), and not much else... but we do have the best rotation in MLB. :ts

#2 PMJackson21

PMJackson21

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 4,942 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:San Jose, Ca

Posted 04 March 2009 - 12:28 PM

View PostGeneralGeeWhiz, on Tuesday, March 3rd, 2009, 9:29 PM, said:

We don't need that Dodger POS Manny. :club: We have Sandoval, Ishakawa (who is playing a lot better than people anticipated), and not much else... but we do have the best rotation in MLB. :ts
LoooooooooooooooooolI dont think most people have any clue who you are talking about, so not sure what they anticipated from him. Rotation is good on paper, but we shall see how they react to 1.7 runs a game in support. Poor Matt Cain, the Giants should just trade him to the Red Sox or the Yankees so he can win a Cy Young or two and have a good career.That being said, the Giants should be somewhat competitive and no team will like going in there to face that rotation.
----

Patrick
PMJackson21

"PrtyPsux estaba jugando muy loose, raiseaba desde early con KJo...cosas asi."

#3 GeneralGeeWhiz

GeneralGeeWhiz

    Go Niners

  • Members
  • 5,191 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cupertino/Garden City, CA
  • Interests:mtt bubbles, girls, fast cars and golf.
  • Favorite Poker Game:mtt bubbles

Posted 04 March 2009 - 12:46 PM

View PostPMJackson21, on Wednesday, March 4th, 2009, 12:28 PM, said:

LoooooooooooooooooolI dont think most people have any clue who you are talking about, so not sure what they anticipated from him. Rotation is good on paper, but we shall see how they react to 1.7 runs a game in support. Poor Matt Cain, the Giants should just trade him to the Red Sox or the Yankees so he can win a Cy Young or two and have a good career.That being said, the Giants should be somewhat competitive and no team will like going in there to face that rotation.
poor matt cain. i believe he has a career ERA under 3.5 and has 20 more losses than wins. yay giants run support. we do have a stellar rotation, but zero offense. The Dodgers have the opposite with Manny. I can't even name more than one starter for the Dodgers this year besides Kershaw. :club:

#4 PMJackson21

PMJackson21

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 4,942 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:San Jose, Ca

Posted 04 March 2009 - 12:49 PM

View PostGeneralGeeWhiz, on Wednesday, March 4th, 2009, 12:46 PM, said:

poor matt cain. i believe he has a career ERA under 3.5 and has 20 more losses than wins. yay giants run support. we do have a stellar rotation, but zero offense. The Dodgers have the opposite with Manny. I can't even name more than one starter for the Dodgers this year besides Kershaw. :club:
Chad Billingsley > Giants pitchers other then Lincecum
----

Patrick
PMJackson21

"PrtyPsux estaba jugando muy loose, raiseaba desde early con KJo...cosas asi."

#5 Moneyball16

Moneyball16

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 2,747 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Poker, Baseball, Movies
  • Favorite Poker Game:2-7TD or Holdem

Posted 04 March 2009 - 12:58 PM

Cain 3.74 ERA, 30-43 record.

#6 PMJackson21

PMJackson21

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 4,942 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:San Jose, Ca

Posted 04 March 2009 - 01:02 PM

View PostMoneyball16, on Wednesday, March 4th, 2009, 12:58 PM, said:

Cain 3.74 ERA, 30-43 record.
Does he really only have 30 career wins? Wow, I shouldn't be surprised but that number seems so low for someone with his stuff who hasn't had any major injuries or anything.
----

Patrick
PMJackson21

"PrtyPsux estaba jugando muy loose, raiseaba desde early con KJo...cosas asi."

#7 GeneralGeeWhiz

GeneralGeeWhiz

    Go Niners

  • Members
  • 5,191 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cupertino/Garden City, CA
  • Interests:mtt bubbles, girls, fast cars and golf.
  • Favorite Poker Game:mtt bubbles

Posted 04 March 2009 - 01:06 PM

View PostPMJackson21, on Wednesday, March 4th, 2009, 1:02 PM, said:

Does he really only have 30 career wins? Wow, I shouldn't be surprised but that number seems so low for someone with his stuff who hasn't had any major injuries or anything.
It's called pitching for the Giants. :/Also, I bet 3 Giants pitchers will finish with better stats than Billingsley :club:

#8 PMJackson21

PMJackson21

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 4,942 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:San Jose, Ca

Posted 04 March 2009 - 01:12 PM

View PostGeneralGeeWhiz, on Wednesday, March 4th, 2009, 1:06 PM, said:

It's called pitching for the Giants. :/Also, I bet 3 Giants pitchers will finish with better stats than Billingsley :club:
Define stats and you have yourself a bet. I'll even give you odds on that one because I'd feel like I was taking advantage of you otherwise.
----

Patrick
PMJackson21

"PrtyPsux estaba jugando muy loose, raiseaba desde early con KJo...cosas asi."

#9 GeneralGeeWhiz

GeneralGeeWhiz

    Go Niners

  • Members
  • 5,191 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cupertino/Garden City, CA
  • Interests:mtt bubbles, girls, fast cars and golf.
  • Favorite Poker Game:mtt bubbles

Posted 04 March 2009 - 01:38 PM

View PostPMJackson21, on Wednesday, March 4th, 2009, 1:12 PM, said:

Define stats and you have yourself a bet. I'll even give you odds on that one because I'd feel like I was taking advantage of you otherwise.
wins/era and K to walk ratio?

#10 PMJackson21

PMJackson21

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 4,942 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:San Jose, Ca

Posted 04 March 2009 - 01:47 PM

View PostGeneralGeeWhiz, on Wednesday, March 4th, 2009, 1:38 PM, said:

wins/era and K to walk ratio?
I'd prefer era+ and whip...wins is fine but not a very good stat for your side of the bet. I would require there be a min of 25 starts by Chad for the bet to go off.
----

Patrick
PMJackson21

"PrtyPsux estaba jugando muy loose, raiseaba desde early con KJo...cosas asi."

#11 GeneralGeeWhiz

GeneralGeeWhiz

    Go Niners

  • Members
  • 5,191 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cupertino/Garden City, CA
  • Interests:mtt bubbles, girls, fast cars and golf.
  • Favorite Poker Game:mtt bubbles

Posted 04 March 2009 - 02:13 PM

View PostPMJackson21, on Wednesday, March 4th, 2009, 1:47 PM, said:

I'd prefer era+ and whip...wins is fine but not a very good stat for your side of the bet. I would require there be a min of 25 starts by Chad for the bet to go off.
alright, era+ whip sounds good. :club: This includes Lincecum also for me. 25 starts for everyone makes sense too.

#12 Moneyball16

Moneyball16

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 2,747 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Poker, Baseball, Movies
  • Favorite Poker Game:2-7TD or Holdem

Posted 04 March 2009 - 02:14 PM

View PostGeneralGeeWhiz, on Wednesday, March 4th, 2009, 2:06 PM, said:

It's called pitching for the Giants. :/Also, I bet 3 Giants pitchers will finish with better stats than Billingsley :club:
Posted Image

#13 PMJackson21

PMJackson21

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 4,942 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:San Jose, Ca

Posted 04 March 2009 - 02:17 PM

View PostGeneralGeeWhiz, on Wednesday, March 4th, 2009, 2:13 PM, said:

alright, era+ whip sounds good. :club: This includes Lincecum also for me. 25 starts for everyone makes sense too.
Obv Lincecum included. I guess I could make you pick 3, but not really necessary I dont think.So, 3 Giants starting pitchers have to finish with more wins, a better era+, and a better whip over a min of 25 starts. If Bills has a better number in any category than any of the 3 Giants pitchers who qualify, I win. If the Giants somehow don't have 3 sps that make 25+ starts, or if Bills doesn't, the bet is off. Is that right?
----

Patrick
PMJackson21

"PrtyPsux estaba jugando muy loose, raiseaba desde early con KJo...cosas asi."

#14 PMJackson21

PMJackson21

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 4,942 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:San Jose, Ca

Posted 04 March 2009 - 02:18 PM

View PostMoneyball16, on Wednesday, March 4th, 2009, 2:14 PM, said:

Posted Image
:club:
----

Patrick
PMJackson21

"PrtyPsux estaba jugando muy loose, raiseaba desde early con KJo...cosas asi."

#15 GeneralGeeWhiz

GeneralGeeWhiz

    Go Niners

  • Members
  • 5,191 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cupertino/Garden City, CA
  • Interests:mtt bubbles, girls, fast cars and golf.
  • Favorite Poker Game:mtt bubbles

Posted 04 March 2009 - 03:13 PM

View PostPMJackson21, on Wednesday, March 4th, 2009, 2:17 PM, said:

Obv Lincecum included. I guess I could make you pick 3, but not really necessary I dont think.So, 3 Giants starting pitchers have to finish with more wins, a better era+, and a better whip over a min of 25 starts. If Bills has a better number in any category than any of the 3 Giants pitchers who qualify, I win. If the Giants somehow don't have 3 sps that make 25+ starts, or if Bills doesn't, the bet is off. Is that right?
deal. :club: losing this bet will be the only excitement i'll get from the 2009 giants

#16 PMJackson21

PMJackson21

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 4,942 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:San Jose, Ca

Posted 04 March 2009 - 03:29 PM

View PostGeneralGeeWhiz, on Wednesday, March 4th, 2009, 3:13 PM, said:

deal. :club: losing this bet will be the only excitement i'll get from the 2009 giants
Still have to work out terms.
----

Patrick
PMJackson21

"PrtyPsux estaba jugando muy loose, raiseaba desde early con KJo...cosas asi."

#17 GeneralGeeWhiz

GeneralGeeWhiz

    Go Niners

  • Members
  • 5,191 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cupertino/Garden City, CA
  • Interests:mtt bubbles, girls, fast cars and golf.
  • Favorite Poker Game:mtt bubbles

Posted 04 March 2009 - 08:52 PM

View PostPMJackson21, on Wednesday, March 4th, 2009, 3:29 PM, said:

Still have to work out terms.
sounds good. I'm cool with money, but do you also want to do something like the loser has to wear the opposing teams gear to a game and take pics or something stupid like that. We could do that for the NL west standings bet.

#18 GeneralGeeWhiz

GeneralGeeWhiz

    Go Niners

  • Members
  • 5,191 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cupertino/Garden City, CA
  • Interests:mtt bubbles, girls, fast cars and golf.
  • Favorite Poker Game:mtt bubbles

Posted 04 March 2009 - 10:21 PM

The Giants have more wins than any team in any professional sport, on earth. lol at least I have another reason to stay a loyal giants fan.over 10,200 wins.

#19 miamicanes

miamicanes

    Poker Forum Newbie

  • Members
  • 25 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:25 43′ 17.92″ N, 80 16′ 45.36″ W

Posted 04 March 2009 - 10:43 PM

I like Lincecum (SP) but I predict his little body cant take the way he pitches. It would be wise for the Giantsto cut his innings and work on his mechanics. But this is the Giants so I suspect they will do nothing. They NEEDED Manny. Even if they wont say publicy. Outside of Rowand and maybe Renteria (who is a solid bat) who else is gonna produce. Does anyone think Molina is as good as he was most of the season last year? Winn (old)?Outside of the Mets, the Giants were always a team I would've like to see do well. Sabean has made that impossibe so I would like to see the Giants continue to be terrible so maybe, just maybe ownership will tell him to take a hike.

#20 Poppy_Hillis

Poppy_Hillis

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 3,894 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 11:22 PM

View PostGeneralGeeWhiz, on Wednesday, March 4th, 2009, 4:13 PM, said:

deal. :club: losing this bet will be the only excitement i'll get from the 2009 giants
What if one of their retarded fans loses it, kills one of the players, slices off his branded number on his arm and puts it in another player's freezer then kidnaps that player's son and makes him hit a homerun to save his kid. Now that would be exciting.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users