136 replies to this topic

#121 Jadaki

Jadaki

IIOY?

• Members
  • 22,247 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 10:55 PM

View Postbigkg, on Sunday, February 15th, 2009, 11:19 PM, said:

LeBron lead the East in scoring.But, I didn't realize Wade had 18. I must have turned my head every time he made a shot. That post was mostly made in jest, too, because it came right after Wade missed three straight free throws.
Oh yea, I forgot about the empty the lane dunk they let him do with 12 seconds left because he couldn't get it off during the game. Yea, I was watching the 3 free throws like WTF is going on...

#122 Cappy37

Cappy37

Once again yelled at all day by nekkid women

• Members
  • 9,907 posts
  • Interests:poker, music, books
  • Favorite Poker Game:O8b, Razz

Posted 15 February 2009 - 10:57 PM

Lol people watch this thing?I've been a fan of the NBA since I was in diapers.. And in 20+ years, I have not seen one minute of the all-star game.The only reason I'd watch this would be to root for players on opposing teams in my conference to get hurt.
QUOTE (El Guapo @ Thursday, April 30th, 2009, 10:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Whatever angle it is, i am pretty sure it will be obtuse.

QUOTE (David_Sklansky @ Thursday, February 12th, 2009, 7:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I give you the gift of arousal and this is how you talk to me?

#123 Jadaki

Jadaki

IIOY?

• Members
  • 22,247 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 10:36 AM

View PostCappy37, on Monday, February 16th, 2009, 12:57 AM, said:

Lol people watch this thing?I've been a fan of the NBA since I was in diapers.. And in 20+ years, I have not seen one minute of the all-star game.The only reason I'd watch this would be to root for players on opposing teams in my conference to get hurt.
It's entertaining. You get so see some of the guys when they aren't being serious, and just putting on a show for fans. Plus every now and then you get to see fun things like T-Mac tossing a oop to himself off the glass or Chris Paul posting up with Shaq on the wing.The NBA all star weekend is the best of all the major sports all star events by a long shot.

#124 Poppy_Hillis

Poppy_Hillis

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 3,895 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 11:23 AM

View PostCappy37, on Sunday, February 15th, 2009, 11:57 PM, said:

I can't believe you.

View PostJadaki, on Monday, February 16th, 2009, 11:36 AM, said:

T-Mac tossing a oop to himself off the glass
Yea that was good, but it was better when Kobe did in the playoffs.

#125 Cappy37

Cappy37

• Members
  • 9,907 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 05:18 PM

I'm serious.. I've occasionally watched the dunk contests and the 3point shootouts, and even the rook-soph game (always good to get a sneak peek at the young talent).. I've just never actually sat down and watched the all-star game.I'm sure it's 10x better than the pro-bowl and MLB, but I always forget it's on. Truth be told, the last few years the Blazers have forced me to give up on basketball by the All Star Break, so that might have something to do with it :club:

QUOTE (David_Sklansky @ Thursday, February 12th, 2009, 7:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

#126 Jadaki

Jadaki

IIOY?

• Members
  • 22,247 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 07:29 PM

Thought you might hate to know that the more I watch Durant the more I start leaning toward your line of thinking on Oden/Durant.

#127 keith crime

keith crime

Ron Mexico's ghostwriter

• Members
  • 7,435 posts
  • Interests:flesh peddling

Posted 16 February 2009 - 07:41 PM

View PostPoppy_Hillis, on Monday, February 16th, 2009, 12:56 AM, said:

Actually it was Kobe.
ahh Kobe passed him in the 4th as Shaq was desperately trying to catch his breath on the benchKobe +24 in 39 minsShaq +21 in 11 minsnot bad for the diesel nonetheless

#128 Poppy_Hillis

Poppy_Hillis

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 3,895 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 08:02 PM

View Postkeith crime, on Monday, February 16th, 2009, 8:41 PM, said:

ahh Kobe passed him in the 4th as Shaq was desperately trying to catch his breath on the benchKobe +24 in 39 minsShaq +21 in 11 minsnot bad for the diesel nonetheless
I'm pretty sure Kobe wasn't close to playing 39 minutes.

#129 bigkg

bigkg

Douchebag

• Members
  • 5,070 posts
  • Interests:IU basketball

Posted 16 February 2009 - 08:04 PM

View PostPoppy_Hillis, on Monday, February 16th, 2009, 11:02 PM, said:

I'm pretty sure Kobe wasn't close to playing 39 minutes.
Kobe played 27 minutes.

#130 keith crime

keith crime

Ron Mexico's ghostwriter

• Members
  • 7,435 posts
  • Interests:flesh peddling

Posted 16 February 2009 - 08:05 PM

wow me suck at reading and transcribing box scores!

#131 Cappy37

Cappy37

• Members
  • 9,907 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 01:11 AM

View PostJadaki, on Monday, February 16th, 2009, 7:29 PM, said:

Thought you might hate to know that the more I watch Durant the more I start leaning toward your line of thinking on Oden/Durant.
Now imagine trying to explain it to everyone who will listen and having 4 out of 5 people tell you that you are insane and know nothing about basketball. :)Those kids watching Durant in OKC are watching a unique top tier talent dazzle on the highwire..I'm sitting here in bermuda shorts watching some tall dude with a superman cape and bike helmet belly flop into the shallow end.Perhaps the greatest part of Portland's turnaround this year is that it's been almost in spite of Greg Oden presence, not because of his presence.

#132 CindyLou

CindyLou

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 950 posts
  • Interests:My dogs, poker, and laughing!
  • Favorite Poker Game:No limit hold em

Posted 17 February 2009 - 08:52 AM

View PostCappy37, on Tuesday, February 17th, 2009, 5:11 AM, said:

Those kids watching Durant in OKC are watching a unique top tier talent dazzle on the highwire..I'm sitting here in bermuda shorts watching some tall dude with a superman cape and bike helmet belly flop into the shallow end.Perhaps the greatest part of Portland's turnaround this year is that it's been almost in spite of Greg Oden presence, not because of his presence.
Durant is amazing, no doubt.But come on, Oden is a belly flop and Portland is succeeding in spite of him? (Aside: Portland had a big improvement last year and they've improved upon that this year. It's not a turnaround this year.)Odenís numbers this year: 9 ppg, 7.2 rpg, 1.2 bpgPrzybillaís numbers (who you said has been excellent): 5 ppg, 7.8 rpg, .8 bpgOdenís only real problem has been foul trouble (well, and injuries). Heís only playing 22 minutes a game because he keeps getting into foul trouble. Project his numbers over 35 minutes per game. 14.3 ppg, 11.5 rpg, 1.9 bpg. You donít think that guy is a great player to have with Roy and Aldridge?

#133 Cappy37

Cappy37

• Members
  • 9,907 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 10:32 AM

Yeah, if he's a.) healthy and b. ) playing with a high Basketball IQ..He hasn't got much of a track record of either at the moment.As for the stat comparison to Pryzbilla, Joel's getting 2/3s of the blocks without the fouls, and 2/3s of the scoring with positively *zero* of the offense running through him. You haven't seen Portland waste 5 straight possessions trying to take advantage of Nick Collison in the post (and failing miserably) with Joel, trust me.One day it's all gonna be worth it, tho! He's got wayyyyy too much upside! Kid can jump straight out of the gym! Living as a cripple he's become *really* servicable with his left hand! He's got *tons* of potential! He can completely change the game if we're playing the Chicago Bulls! He likes to get his teammates involved (namely, the backup center)! All that time on the bench makes him extremely coachable! You can't teach height! It's all part of a process! WHY WON'T YOU BELIEVE ME!!!?!?!?!!?!!

#134 CindyLou

CindyLou

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 950 posts
  • Interests:My dogs, poker, and laughing!
  • Favorite Poker Game:No limit hold em

Posted 17 February 2009 - 11:04 AM

View PostCappy37, on Tuesday, February 17th, 2009, 2:32 PM, said:

Yeah, if he's a.) healthy and b. ) playing with a high Basketball IQ..He hasn't got much of a track record of either at the moment.As for the stat comparison to Pryzbilla, Joel's getting 2/3s of the blocks without the fouls, and 2/3s of the scoring with positively *zero* of the offense running through him. You haven't seen Portland waste 5 straight possessions trying to take advantage of Nick Collison in the post (and failing miserably) with Joel, trust me.One day it's all gonna be worth it, tho! He's got wayyyyy too much upside! Kid can jump straight out of the gym! Living as a cripple he's become *really* servicable with his left hand! He's got *tons* of potential! He can completely change the game if we're playing the Chicago Bulls! He likes to get his teammates involved (namely, the backup center)! All that time on the bench makes him extremely coachable! You can't teach height! It's all part of a process! WHY WON'T YOU BELIEVE ME!!!?!?!?!!?!!
First of all, how much of a track record of anything can he have at this point?Prz averages 2.5 fouls per game, Oden 3.9. You don't think Oden can cut out one foul per game? Sure, the Blazers don't run anything through Prz, but getting the ball to a guy who shoots 57% aren't wasted possessions.Now, here's my main argument. I didn't say any of those things you just shouted. All I said was project what he's already doing over 35 minutes instead of 23. All he has to do is learn to avoid those ticky-tack fouls. I think he will improve in this area, you obviously don't and that's fine. I think a 15-12-2 Oden puts the Blazers in a better position to win a title than a 26-6 Durant would.

#135 Poppy_Hillis

Poppy_Hillis

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 3,895 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 12:04 PM

View PostCappy37, on Tuesday, February 17th, 2009, 11:32 AM, said:

He can completely change the game if we're playing the Chicago Bulls!
That's quality.If the Blazers had Durant instead of Oden, as a Laker fan I would be deathly afraid of Portland...this year...and Durant's 20. If the Blazers had Durant instead of Oden, as a Laker fan I would have almost no hope for the future.

#136 BillyPilgrim

BillyPilgrim

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 583 posts
  • Interests:emma's beauty

Posted 26 December 2011 - 10:30 PM

View PostI_fold08, on Friday, February 13th, 2009, 1:51 PM, said:

OJ mayo> derrick rose
this made me laugh pretty good.

View PostSuitedAces21, on Sunday, February 15th, 2009, 8:00 PM, said:

kobe and cp3 together is a freaking nightmare for the other guards. imagine them on the same team.
this made me cry.
QUOTE (SuitedAces21 @ Wednesday, May 4, 2011, 11:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
brvhrt does suck. i think we all can agree on that.
QUOTE (brvheart @ Wednesday, May 4th, 2011, 11:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One of suited's best posts in a long time.

#137 Dread Aidan

Dread Aidan

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 08:47 AM

View PostCindyLou, on Tuesday, February 17th, 2009, 11:04 AM, said:

I think a 15-12-2 Oden puts the Blazers in a better position to win a title than a 26-6 Durant would.
Girls don't know anything about basketball.

Reply to this topic

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users