281 replies to this topic

#81 antistuff

antistuff

monotonously monotonous

• Members
  • 5,466 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 10:06 AM

View Postbuffofspades, on Wednesday, April 1st, 2009, 1:49 PM, said:

Yeah, hit this the hard way. About a week ago, I started to run cold and I was back south of $250. The bleeding's stopped, and I back around $300 again. I'm going to head back to NLHE (haven't decided if I'm going 6max or full ring, I also might play a smaller tournament this weekend), but the change was nice cause I was getting really bored. And when I get bored, I find I start playing WAAAAY too loose. Wish me luck!
there is way more money in plo right now than in lhe.edit: meant nlhe
QUOTE ( Barry Greenstein)
Successful gamblers are compulsive winners.

#82 TheDonk1989

TheDonk1989

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 212 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:NL Hold 'Em

Posted 01 April 2009 - 11:26 AM

View Postbuffofspades, on Wednesday, April 1st, 2009, 12:49 PM, said:

Yeah, hit this the hard way. About a week ago, I started to run cold and I was back south of $250. The bleeding's stopped, and I back around $300 again. I'm going to head back to NLHE (haven't decided if I'm going 6max or full ring, I also might play a smaller tournament this weekend), but the change was nice cause I was getting really bored. And when I get bored, I find I start playing WAAAAY too loose. Wish me luck!
Nice to hear from you again! Good luck on grinding your bankroll. I have that problem also... If I get bored I start to play loose.I dont feel good today. I woke up puking :club: . I gotta migrane, I started to feel better and decided that I couldn't multitable.I played a few hands of .10/.25 and won like $2. I'm probably not gonna play anymore today.
Follow my bankroll progress:

$50 to $1,000, Can I do it?

#83 buffofspades

buffofspades

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:NL Hold'em, PL Omaha

Posted 01 April 2009 - 01:04 PM

View Postantistuff, on Wednesday, April 1st, 2009, 12:06 PM, said:

there is way more money in plo right now than in lhe.
I'm not sure if there's more money, but it feels like there's more loose money. When I run good in PLO, i'm find I'm getting called down with stuff like overpairs or bottom two pair when I've got nut straights. NHLE seems to be playing real tight right now, but that could be there seems to be a bit of tightening up from $.10 NHLE to $.25 NLHE and I haven't adjusted yet.

View PostTheDonk1989, on Wednesday, April 1st, 2009, 1:26 PM, said:

Nice to hear from you again! Good luck on grinding your bankroll. I have that problem also... If I get bored I start to play loose.I dont feel good today. I woke up puking :club: . I gotta migrane, I started to feel better and decided that I couldn't multitable.I played a few hands of .10/.25 and won like $2. I'm probably not gonna play anymore today.
Sorry to hear that, get well soon!

#84 TheDonk1989

TheDonk1989

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 05:21 AM

I got into the $5 scoop event and that was a bad idea. I felt ok for the first hour but then my head was killing me. I kept going all in and got knocked out and ran to the darkness of my room. So lesson learned, no poker when I have a migrane. I've got poker withdrawals... I've been so bored these past days.

#85 buffofspades

buffofspades

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:NL Hold'em, PL Omaha

Posted 03 April 2009 - 09:03 AM

View PostTheDonk1989, on Friday, April 3rd, 2009, 7:21 AM, said:

I got into the $5 scoop event and that was a bad idea. I felt ok for the first hour but then my head was killing me. I kept going all in and got knocked out and ran to the darkness of my room. So lesson learned, no poker when I have a migrane. I've got poker withdrawals... I've been so bored these past days.
Seriously. Get to the doctor. 2 day migraine's aren't normal.

#86 TheDonk1989

TheDonk1989

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 11:12 AM

View Postbuffofspades, on Friday, April 3rd, 2009, 12:03 PM, said:

Seriously. Get to the doctor. 2 day migraine's aren't normal.
Nah I've had them since I was 5. I get them for 5 days straight. First day, wake up puking. Second day-4th day, can hardly walk. 5th day, better but light sensitivity. Yeah its pretty bad. Today I felt perky and was able to play a bit.

#87 jmbreslin

jmbreslin

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,788 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:8-Game

Posted 03 April 2009 - 11:18 AM

View PostTheDonk1989, on Friday, April 3rd, 2009, 3:12 PM, said:

Nah I've had them since I was 5. I get them for 5 days straight. First day, wake up puking. Second day-4th day, can hardly walk. 5th day, better but light sensitivity. Yeah its pretty bad. Today I felt perky and was able to play a bit.
LOL, that's like someone saying "Nah, I've had chest pain for the past 20 years, it's not a problem." Have you actually looked into it?
“Integrity is doing the right thing, even if nobody is watching." - Anonymous

#88 jmbreslin

jmbreslin

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,788 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:8-Game

Posted 03 April 2009 - 11:23 AM

View Postbuffofspades, on Wednesday, April 1st, 2009, 1:49 PM, said:

I hear ya, I've actually started playing micro stakes PLO again myself. It's amazing, NLHE just can't hold my attention for very long. Eventually I start straying to some of the more interesting games. I've put in a few sessions at .01-.02 full table PLO but I'm going to try 6-max for a while.
“Integrity is doing the right thing, even if nobody is watching." - Anonymous

#89 TheDonk1989

TheDonk1989

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 11:24 AM

View Postjmbreslin, on Friday, April 3rd, 2009, 2:18 PM, said:

LOL, that's like someone saying "Nah, I've had chest pain for the past 20 years, it's not a problem." Have you actually looked into it?
Yeah lol. I've been going to the doctor, neurologist, ever since ive had them. They just say they are chronic migranes. I've had several catscans and nothing has been wrong. I just have medicine for them whenever I get them.I get them almost every 4-5 months

#90 TheDonk1989

TheDonk1989

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 11:25 AM

I was playing 10nl when this happend. It was folded to me with AA and I wanted to get something out of it.I raised it 2.5x to make it look like a steal, I guess it worked.Bold is hero, meRed is the donkAfter the 3rd deuce hit the river I knew I was golden.If anyone has a hand converter and wants to make it easier to read feel free.PokerStars Game #26683461217: Hold'em No Limit ($0.05/$0.10) - 2009/04/03 14:02:44 CT [2009/04/03 15:02:44 ET]Table 'Ilsewa III' 9-max Seat #5 is the buttonSeat 2: PowerpaeT ($1.85 in chips) Seat 3: Nicorman ($4.15 in chips) Seat 4: vendu ($10.80 in chips) Seat 5: TheDonk1989 ($8.35 in chips) Seat 6: tapiovaara ($10 in chips) Seat 7: TimmyReichel ($6 in chips) Seat 8: Pestion ($8.25 in chips) Seat 9: elmeen ($11.75 in chips) tapiovaara: posts small blind $0.05TimmyReichel: posts big blind $0.10*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to TheDonk1989 [Ah As]Pestion: folds paddleballer joins the table at seat #1 elmeen: folds PowerpaeT: folds Nicorman: folds vendu: folds TheDonk1989: raises $0.15 to $0.25tapiovaara: folds TimmyReichel: calls $0.15*** FLOP *** [Kd 4s 2d]TimmyReichel: bets $0.50TheDonk1989: raises $1 to $1.50TimmyReichel: calls $1*** TURN *** [Kd 4s 2d] [2s]TimmyReichel: checks TheDonk1989: bets $1.20TimmyReichel: calls $1.20*** RIVER *** [Kd 4s 2d 2s] [2h]TimmyReichel: bets $3.05 and is all-inTheDonk1989: calls $3.05*** SHOW DOWN ***TimmyReichel: shows [8d 7d] (three of a kind, Deuces)TheDonk1989: shows [Ah As] (a full house, Deuces full of Aces)TheDonk1989 collected $11.50 from pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $12.05 | Rake $0.55 Board [Kd 4s 2d 2s 2h]Seat 2: PowerpaeT folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 3: Nicorman folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 4: vendu folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 5: TheDonk1989 (button) showed [Ah As] and won ($11.50) with a full house, Deuces full of AcesSeat 6: tapiovaara (small blind) folded before FlopSeat 7: TimmyReichel (big blind) showed [8d 7d] and lost with three of a kind, DeucesSeat 8: Pestion folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 9: elmeen folded before Flop (didn't bet)

#91 Danege

Danege

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 11:55 AM

View PostTheDonk1989, on Saturday, April 4th, 2009, 5:25 AM, said:

I raised it 2.5x to make it look like a steal, I guess it worked.
This isnt really an issue in cash games. Just raise your normal 3bb amount like you would any other hand.

#92 TheDonk1989

TheDonk1989

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 11:58 AM

View PostDanege, on Friday, April 3rd, 2009, 2:55 PM, said:

This isnt really an issue in cash games. Just raise your normal 3bb amount like you would any other hand.
That's true but raising to 2.5x makes it look like an obvious steal. So either way 3x or 2.5x it doesnt matter. I went with 2.5x because I wanted it to look like a total steal. It worked because he called me with 78s and thought I was bluffing the entire way.

#93 TheDonk1989

TheDonk1989

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 07:13 PM

If my aces ever held up Id be in pretty good shape.

#94 Danege

Danege

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 09:03 PM

View PostTheDonk1989, on Saturday, April 4th, 2009, 5:58 AM, said:

That's true but raising to 2.5x makes it look like an obvious steal. So either way 3x or 2.5x it doesnt matter. I went with 2.5x because I wanted it to look like a total steal. It worked because he called me with 78s and thought I was bluffing the entire way.
When you're making an 'obvious steal' you do everything to make it NOT look like an 'obvious steal', am I right? Just get value for your hand and raise the 3bb. He's going to call here with 78s for either sized raise, so stop thinking your outplaying him by raising 2.5bb's. Also, it's super standard for someone to miss a draw and shove the river.Also, the next time this happens and villian shows up with 23o your post is going to be "OMG how can this fish call my pfr with 23o :club::(:ts:(:4h". Think about it.

#95 TheDonk1989

TheDonk1989

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 09:18 PM

View PostDanege, on Saturday, April 4th, 2009, 12:03 AM, said:

When you're making an 'obvious steal' you do everything to make it NOT look like an 'obvious steal', am I right? Just get value for your hand and raise the 3bb. He's going to call here with 78s for either sized raise, so stop thinking your outplaying him by raising 2.5bb's. Also, it's super standard for someone to miss a draw and shove the river.Also, the next time this happens and villian shows up with 23o your post is going to be "OMG how can this fish call my pfr with 23o :club::(:ts:(:4h". Think about it.
Wrong, at these levels the obvious steal becomes: "I've gotta solid read! THis guy is stealing!!!" There's 5 cents difference when getting "value for my hand..."Its not super standard for someone to shove when they missed... seeing how he had $3 which was pot, a decent chunk of change at 10nl. If you call to see a flop with 78s, looking like a steal or not your probably gonna lose more than you make, as we saw here. You can't say anything about my play here... seeing how I got MAXIMUM VALUE.So if hes gonna call my raise with 23o 2.5x hes gonna call a 3x raise... So either way. Even if that happend no way would he have called a raise with low pair...Maybe you should think about it...Dont say I didnt out play him if you werent there... Lemme guess, it was all luck??

#96 Danege

Danege

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 09:57 PM

View PostTheDonk1989, on Saturday, April 4th, 2009, 3:18 PM, said:

Wrong, at these levels the obvious steal becomes: "I've gotta solid read! THis guy is stealing!!!" There's 5 cents difference when getting "value for my hand..."Its not super standard for someone to shove when they missed... seeing how he had $3 which was pot, a decent chunk of change at 10nl. If you call to see a flop with 78s, looking like a steal or not your probably gonna lose more than you make, as we saw here. You can't say anything about my play here... seeing how I got MAXIMUM VALUE.So if hes gonna call my raise with 23o 2.5x hes gonna call a 3x raise... So either way. Even if that happend no way would he have called a 3 bet raise with low pair...Maybe you should think about it...Dont say I didnt out play him if you werent there... Lemme guess, it was all luck??
First bolded partThese two senarios are what happens so much of the time:You raise AA 2.5x from the button and big blind calls with 78s, flops nothing and folds on the flop.You raise AA 3x from the button and big blind calls with 78s, flops noting and folds on the flop.Which play gets max value over 10k hands?Second bolded part:SO RAISE YOUR STANDARD RAISE! Is this really hard to understand?By your logic, just call the bb when you have AA so everyone calls and you trap everyone lolololol111!!111oneThird bolded part:What the hell does this mean... seriously? 3 bet? Do you even know what you're saying? If he thinks you're on an "obvious steal" as you put it, then he would definitely call with bottom pair, because you're bluffing.

#97 TheDonk1989

TheDonk1989

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 10:15 PM

Ok I'll do everything you said to do next time. I never limp with aces with full ring game, How is that my logic? Suddenly raising 2.5x is the new limp??So I got MAXIMUM VALUE for this hand yet I played it completely wrong?? I'm pretty sure he thought I was bluffing or else he wouldnt have shoved all in on the river after missing his draw.He pushed in hopes that I was making a play the entire way, which I wasn't, I out played him.Either way I got ALL of his chips, hence max value.You know what that means right?There is nothing wrong with my play period... If I wouldve raised 3x who knows what wouldve happend?? I raised 2.5x and this happend.So its either you raise 2.5x and get all of his chips or raise 3x and it could've worked the same, we dont know.If he does call my post flop raise with low pair because he thinks im bluffing then I played it perfectly. I wanted him to think I was bluffing, he wouldve sucked out...Key phrase: I wanted him to think I was bluffing so he would make a play at me, giving me more money, giving me max value.Most decisions made by players are done so on a whim... that's why this hand was played this way. He made up his mind that I was stealing and making a play at him, probably because I made a 2.5x raise preflop.

#98 Danege

Danege

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 10:19 PM

View PostTheDonk1989, on Saturday, April 4th, 2009, 4:15 PM, said:

Ok I'll do everything you said to do next time. I never limp with aces with full ring game, How the hell is that my logic? Suddenly raising 2.5x is the new limp?? wtf?So I got MAXIMUM VALUE for this hand yet I played it completely wrong?? I'm pretty sure he thought I was bluffing or else he wouldnt have shoved all in on the river after missing his draw.He pushed in hopes that I was making a play the entire way, which I wasn't, I out played him.Either way I got ALL of his chips, hence max value.You know what that means right?There is nothing wrong with my play period... If I wouldve raised 3x who knows what wouldve happend?? I raised 2.5x and this happend.So its either your 2.5x raise was the correct play or the 3x raise could've worked the same. If he does call my post flop raise with low pair because he thinks im bluffing then I played it perfectly. I wanted him to think I was bluffing, he wouldve sucked out...Key phrase: I wanted him to think I was bluffing so he would make a play at me, giving me more money, giving me max value.Most decisions made by players are done so on a whim... that's why this hand was played this way. He made up his mind that I was stealing and making a play at him.
My whole issue in all of this came from your preflop play. Your play in the hand was 100% fine, stop arguing things that I'm not arguing about. Anyway, I'm over it. Good luck getting to $1000 and I sincerely mean that.

#99 TheDonk1989

TheDonk1989

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 10:22 PM

View PostDanege, on Saturday, April 4th, 2009, 1:19 AM, said:

My whole issue in all of this came from your preflop play. Your play in the hand was 100% fine, stop arguing things that I'm not arguing about. Anyway, I'm over it. Good luck getting to $1000 and I sincerely mean that.
Ok thanks man, I'm over it too. Pretty heated discussion lmao. Good luck with your play as well.

#100 FARGOpokerND

FARGOpokerND

11-time National Champions!

• Members
  • 6,163 posts
  • Interests:POKER!
  • Favorite Poker Game:PLO

Posted 04 April 2009 - 11:37 AM

View PostTheDonk1989, on Friday, April 3rd, 2009, 2:58 PM, said:

LoL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users