• Please log in to reply
281 replies to this topic

#41 Jam-Fly

Jam-Fly

FCP's resident Irish guy

• Members
  • 4,910 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 07:02 PM

Nice read. Better than most of the rubbish posted. Gl man, I wish u the best.
"Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional"

Posted Image
Baller

My blog - www.JamFlyPoker.blogspot.com

#42 Kataklysmos

Kataklysmos

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:NLHE

Posted 25 March 2009 - 08:52 AM

Best of luck.. I'm in a similar situation. Started with $25 on Pstars currently at $460. Started at $15 on Full Tilt, currently at $248.

#43 TheDonk1989

TheDonk1989

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 212 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:NL Hold 'Em

Posted 25 March 2009 - 02:14 PM

View PostKataklysmos, on Wednesday, March 25th, 2009, 11:52 AM, said:

Best of luck.. I'm in a similar situation. Started with $25 on Pstars currently at $460. Started at $15 on Full Tilt, currently at $248.
Thanks, hopefully I can do the same. At the rate im going I'll get there eventually. I'm gonna step up to .05/.10 again when im at $300.
Follow my bankroll progress:

$50 to $1,000, Can I do it?

#44 TheDonk1989

TheDonk1989

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 02:15 PM

View PostJam-Fly, on Tuesday, March 24th, 2009, 10:02 PM, said:

Nice read. Better than most of the rubbish posted. Gl man, I wish u the best.
Thanks, keep reading tho!

#45 TheDonk1989

TheDonk1989

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 04:13 PM

Played 1000+ hand session today. Gonna try a break and try one more session later.I started the session pretty bad I was down $7 at one point. I remained patient andmanaged to climb my way back up and make almost $6.I still havent had a losing session since switching to 9 tables.

#46 pbwl11

pbwl11

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 791 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Limit Hold'em

Posted 26 March 2009 - 05:39 AM

Not to try to hijack the thread, but I'm trying the same thing with the $5 I got free from Pokerstars this month...Started March 1st playing .01/.02 nl. Just playing at a single table mind you, trying to stay in the correct bankroll management mode, if there even is one when you only have 5 bucks to play with. lol. But you wanna talk about BORING.....I've played an hour or two 3 or 4 days a week and I'm at about 3200 hands.I'm up to a whopping $12.75!!! :club: Not sure what my real goal is. Just to try to get the bankroll as high as I can get while learning as much as I can along the way I guess.Wish me luck!
They tell me I have ADD....
They just don't underst-oooh look! A bunny!

#47 TheDonk1989

TheDonk1989

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 12:43 PM

View Postpbwl11, on Thursday, March 26th, 2009, 8:39 AM, said:

Not to try to hijack the thread, but I'm trying the same thing with the $5 I got free from Pokerstars this month...Started March 1st playing .01/.02 nl. Just playing at a single table mind you, trying to stay in the correct bankroll management mode, if there even is one when you only have 5 bucks to play with. lol. But you wanna talk about BORING.....I've played an hour or two 3 or 4 days a week and I'm at about 3200 hands.I'm up to a whopping $12.75!!! :club: Not sure what my real goal is. Just to try to get the bankroll as high as I can get while learning as much as I can along the way I guess.Wish me luck!
Good luck!

#48 TheDonk1989

TheDonk1989

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 12:58 PM

Im running hot right now.Played 65 hands and im up $9

#49 TheDonk1989

TheDonk1989

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 02:01 PM

6 straight winning sessions. I've won $45.30 in 5 days. Which is how long ive been playing 9 tables.It seems that 9 tables really work for me.

#50 TheDonk1989

TheDonk1989

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 02:37 PM

About to play for a bit before my home game.I've decided once I reach about $300 I'm gonna try .05/.10 again. This time I'll try 9 tables.If I lose money at that level I'll go back to .02/.05 and slowly grind it to $375 or $400 and try .10/.25.

#51 TheDonk1989

TheDonk1989

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 03:22 PM

Playing for about an hour or two and broke my winning streak. I lost $4.40, so less than a buy in. I'll try again later tonight.

#52 TheDonk1989

TheDonk1989

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 09:00 AM

I played 1600 hands and made almost $5. I was down $5 at one point. Half of the session I was playing at 9 tables but then my aces got cracked by jacks and I jumped to 3 more tables. Next session I will do 12 tables of 5nl. I need 26 more FPP's and then I get my $50 bonus. Once I get that I'll have about $300, I'll jump to 10nl and 9 tables.

#53 antistuff

antistuff

monotonously monotonous

• Members
  • 5,466 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 12:50 PM

instead of playing a million tables of microstakes might it not be more productive to play one or two tables and work on getting better at poker?also

Half of the session I was playing at 9 tables but then my aces got cracked by jacks and I jumped to 3 more tables.
usually when things like that happen and you are losing you will not play your best. the solution is to play less or not play at all. adding more tables is putting in more hands when you are not in peak form and is the exact opposite of what you should be doing.
QUOTE ( Barry Greenstein)
Successful gamblers are compulsive winners.

#54 rcooj_7

rcooj_7

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,199 posts
  • Interests:Poker (online and even more live), Basketball, Not Working, watching sports (Warriors, Raiders, Athletics, Shraks)
  • Favorite Poker Game:PLOhi. nlhe/lhe

Posted 29 March 2009 - 01:26 PM

View Postantistuff, on Sunday, March 29th, 2009, 1:50 PM, said:

instead of playing a million tables of microstakes might it not be more productive to play one or two tables and work on getting better at poker?alsousually when things like that happen and you are losing you will not play your best. the solution is to play less or not play at all. adding more tables is putting in more hands when you are not in peak form and is the exact opposite of what you should be doing.
not exactly, if he is playing well, and he is getting it in good but it doesnt hold, that isnt his fault, keep playing. Grind it out, you will win if you keep playing your best. its when he is getting it in bad is when he will need to stop playing.
Follow My Sports Bets!!!!!!
Follow my sports Bets^^^^^^^^^^^

http://www.centsports.com/?opcode=588494
Play for free here and follow my bets from this site... They give you $.10 and if you go broke, they just give you another $.10 if you get over $20 they willsend you a check, thought i would share with you guys.

Fulltilt- rcooj_7
Pokerstars- madicardsAA

Raiders +4 games > Falcons -4 games. Fredecs $120 to my $100
Warriors +12.5 > Hawks with Fred, $100 -$100

#55 TheDonk1989

TheDonk1989

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 01:46 PM

View Postantistuff, on Sunday, March 29th, 2009, 3:50 PM, said:

instead of playing a million tables of microstakes might it not be more productive to play one or two tables and work on getting better at poker?alsousually when things like that happen and you are losing you will not play your best. the solution is to play less or not play at all. adding more tables is putting in more hands when you are not in peak form and is the exact opposite of what you should be doing.
I disagree with both. When my aces were cracked I wasn't tilted, I wanted to see what it was like playing 12 tables. When I get a hand like aces cracked it makes me play better because I want to make up for what I lost. I don't really tilt, I play really tight so I don't get into much marginal situations.When you say play one or two tables and work at getting poker that doesn't really make much sense. With 9 tables I will see MUCH more hands and get MUCH more experience. Do you mean I should play one or two tables of a higher stake or just at the same level? When I only play at 1 or 2 tables I get bored and tend to become more aggressive and more loose with my starting hand selections, which means... more marginal situations and more money lost.Seeing 1600 hands in 2 hours as to maybe 300 in 2 hours will improve my game faster.

#56 TheDonk1989

TheDonk1989

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 03:17 PM

Played a 900 hand session playing 12 tables right away this time. The more tables I play it seems I do better.I made $12.45

#57 antistuff

antistuff

monotonously monotonous

• Members
  • 5,466 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 03:58 PM

View PostTheDonk1989, on Sunday, March 29th, 2009, 5:46 PM, said:

I disagree with both. When my aces were cracked I wasn't tilted, I wanted to see what it was like playing 12 tables. When I get a hand like aces cracked it makes me play better because I want to make up for what I lost. I don't really tilt, I play really tight so I don't get into much marginal situations.When you say play one or two tables and work at getting poker that doesn't really make much sense. With 9 tables I will see MUCH more hands and get MUCH more experience. Do you mean I should play one or two tables of a higher stake or just at the same level? When I only play at 1 or 2 tables I get bored and tend to become more aggressive and more loose with my starting hand selections, which means... more marginal situations and more money lost.Seeing 1600 hands in 2 hours as to maybe 300 in 2 hours will improve my game faster.
no it won't. its like driving really fast. you miss all the little subtle things that go on around you. you must think im a confrontational bastard. i'm not. i'm just noticing a lot of little things that i wish somebody would have told me when i was starting out.

View PostTheDonk1989, on Sunday, March 29th, 2009, 7:17 PM, said:

Played a 900 hand session playing 12 tables right away this time. The more tables I play it seems I do better.I made $12.45
you don't have large enough sample sizes to make a correlation like this.
QUOTE ( Barry Greenstein)
Successful gamblers are compulsive winners.

#58 Shark527

Shark527

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,114 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Limit cash games and NL tournies

Posted 29 March 2009 - 05:31 PM

Then how many tables is considered multitabling but still having the ability to focus?I will six table .25/.50 LH full ring, sometimes up to 10 tables. Would you consider this to much? What about quantity of 6max tables?
This space for rent. - Sponser my posts

#59 TheDonk1989

TheDonk1989

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 06:25 PM

View Postantistuff, on Sunday, March 29th, 2009, 6:58 PM, said:

no it won't. its like driving really fast. you miss all the little subtle things that go on around you. you must think im a confrontational bastard. i'm not. i'm just noticing a lot of little things that i wish somebody would have told me when i was starting out.you don't have large enough sample sizes to make a correlation like this.
First, What subtle things will I be missing? I'd really want to know... I know how to play the game, I'm not a beginner.Second, I dont need to back up anything. It seems like I'm doing better when I'm playing more tables. You have no idea. This wasn't a fact that was stated, I said I seem like I do better. I can say anything that I want about what I feel...Third, What's your online name and what site do you play on?

#60 TheDonk1989

TheDonk1989

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 06:30 PM

View PostShark527, on Sunday, March 29th, 2009, 8:31 PM, said:

Then how many tables is considered multitabling but still having the ability to focus?I will six table .25/.50 LH full ring, sometimes up to 10 tables. Would you consider this to much? What about quantity of 6max tables?
There is no deffinate answer to this. You are the only one that can answer this. Do you think that you can focus when playing 10 tables?Some people can play 20+ tables at a time while others can only play 2. You have to find the correct number of tables to play that will give you the greatest profit. In time you will be able to add more tables. I can't tell you to just play 1 or 2 tables because I have no idea what your play is like and what your capable of doing.~thanks for the reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users