$50 To $1,000

• Please log in to reply
281 replies to this topic

#261 droberts

droberts

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 656 posts
  • Interests:my family, hunting, fishing, and of course, poker.
  • Favorite Poker Game:texas holdem

Posted 23 January 2010 - 12:53 AM

ok donk, im gonna try and lap you :club: should give u some motivation of course... i have got a new roll on Full Tilt since i did it on stars in about 3 months, so we will see if i can catch up to you...gl sir!

#262 TheDonk1989

TheDonk1989

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 212 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:NL Hold 'Em

Posted 24 January 2010 - 04:47 PM

What games are you playing?
Follow my bankroll progress:

$50 to $1,000, Can I do it?

#263 Shark527

Shark527

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,114 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Limit cash games and NL tournies

Posted 24 January 2010 - 08:35 PM

Withdrew all my money last month for Christmas reasons. Was down to less than $8. Been playing the .01/.02 NL 6max. I jsut don't seem to have the patience for full ring. BR is at $29 now.Do most people wait until they have 25 buy ins for the next limit for a NL game? Should I make it 35 buy ins since I play mostly 6max?
This space for rent. - Sponser my posts

#264 droberts

droberts

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 656 posts
  • Interests:my family, hunting, fishing, and of course, poker.
  • Favorite Poker Game:texas holdem

Posted 26 January 2010 - 09:54 PM

i have been playing 10NL on full tilt.. i started with 200.. and am now at around $300.. hoping to make a push this next month

#265 TheDonk1989

TheDonk1989

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 07:53 PM

at $907

#266 Giorgio

Giorgio

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, learning languages and countries cultures. Activities that recquires reflexion and deep tactics.<br />News, communication. I'm student in journalism, expert on communication and tv reports.
  • Favorite Poker Game:texas no limit hold em, especially cash

Posted 12 February 2010 - 12:37 PM

View PostTheDonk1989, on Thursday, February 12th, 2009, 12:31 AM, said:

[i]I wouldn't call this a challenge because it's my bankroll and im trying to grind it up. About a month ago I deposited $50 on Pokerstars and as of right now it's at $128.41. I've been playing 4 tables of .02/.05 NL, buy in for $5 for about 2 hours a day.
First of all, i wanna say hi as it's my first post on a poker forum. Im a good old poker player, i started online poker a few ago. That's really interesting, i have to admit it ^^About your post : you're courageous to do that, i mean it can take long to reach 150$ when you start with 50$. Might have been better to invest directly 150$ as a bankroll.If you're a student i understand the difficulty of investing 150$.I am a student, and i did some extra jobs on week ends til i could place 200 in pokerstars. Much faster to increase this bankroll. Also, it's very motivating to realise you worked hardly after school, doing boring jobs to play poker. A good way to think twice before "raising or calling".
"Poker is just management of yourself throught 2 grand universes: humans and probabilities". Me

#267 TheDonk1989

TheDonk1989

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 04:14 PM

I have completed the challenge... $50 to $1,000. It has taken me a little over a year but I have done it. I have improved my game tremendously since I first posted this.When I first started this thread I thought I knew more than I did. I think if you read through you'll understand how bad I really was. I only knew ABC poker and it worked when I played 5nl. I have improved my game so much and looking back my name, TheDonk1989, really was truthful.I can remember I commented on a hand about someone calling a raise with a suited connector in a cash game and getting a cooler. I said that you shouldn't call raises with suited connectors... I can't believe I said things like that.I was fortunate for Antistuff and other to post on this thread and help me. I just wanna say sorry to Antistuff for being so argumentative; I should've accepted the advice he gave me even if I liked it or not. Now I can try to build this 1k bankroll and see where it takes me.~Thanks allattached is my cashier

Attached Files

#268 trystero

trystero

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 3,780 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 05:20 PM

congrats man, nice run

#269 Eba12

Eba12

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Texas Hold'Em

Posted 16 February 2010 - 12:14 PM

really nice man congratz!I was just in a hand where I raised PF with a suited connector and hit, and someone with AK kept betting. After showdown he told me you shouldnt play hands like that;).

#270 Chet Chetterson

Chet Chetterson

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,191 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Micro SnG's with donkeys

Posted 16 February 2010 - 04:09 PM

Congrats on the success. Best of luck making the next $950.
ckmcheetah on Pokerstars and FTP

#271 Nashtak

Nashtak

FCP's Worst Player Award

• Members
  • 1,045 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 08:43 PM

View PostTheDonk1989, on Monday, February 15th, 2010, 7:14 PM, said:

I have completed the challenge... $50 to $1,000. It has taken me a little over a year but I have done it. I have improved my game tremendously since I first posted this.When I first started this thread I thought I knew more than I did. I think if you read through you'll understand how bad I really was. I only knew ABC poker and it worked when I played 5nl. I have improved my game so much and looking back my name, TheDonk1989, really was truthful.I can remember I commented on a hand about someone calling a raise with a suited connector in a cash game and getting a cooler. I said that you shouldn't call raises with suited connectors... I can't believe I said things like that.I was fortunate for Antistuff and other to post on this thread and help me. I just wanna say sorry to Antistuff for being so argumentative; I should've accepted the advice he gave me even if I liked it or not. Now I can try to build this 1k bankroll and see where it takes me.~Thanks allattached is my cashier
/thread or will there be a sequel?
QUOTE (Tactical Bear @ Monday, December 27th, 2010, 4:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If I had a nickel for every time I've had this exact same problem I would have zero nickels because I'm not a faggot.

#272 TheDonk1989

TheDonk1989

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 06:46 PM

View PostNashtak, on Saturday, February 20th, 2010, 10:43 PM, said:

/thread or will there be a sequel?
I should do 1k to 10k, because I'm lacking motivation

#273 KingJames

KingJames

<j))))><

• Members
  • 5,531 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:6max cash

Posted 09 March 2010 - 01:49 PM

View Posttrystero, on Monday, February 15th, 2010, 6:20 PM, said:

congrats man, nice run

Spoolios custom fit sports

If you wanna keep your rep up, you know you gotta step up
Tough times never last, but tough people do
blog: 1/1 2011 results/2012 goals

#274 KosinTrouble

KosinTrouble

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 669 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 02:09 PM

Grats Donk! Definitly 10,000 is the next goal! Kosin Trouble

#275 Kyle_Alan

Kyle_Alan

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:No Limit Holdem

Posted 21 March 2010 - 02:18 PM

Congratulations! You have inspired me to try this at some point. I just don't know how I would get started. I have a couple of obstacles in my way. One, I have very limited time to play. Two, I would need to build an account without my wife knowing. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

#276 Equity

Equity

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:NL to grind,PLO for fun

Posted 01 April 2010 - 12:18 PM

I just have found this well done man! Ho you doing now? You didn't bust it did you?Bring on 1000 to 10 000 thread!!!

#277 TheDonk1989

TheDonk1989

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 09:03 AM

Update:Sorry that I havent been on lately. I've been breaking even for a bit. I've looked up some 6 max videos on cardrunners; I highly recommend these videos. It's improved my game greatly. I've been playing 10nl 6 max lately and I'm at about $1300.@KyleNot sure what to tell you about avoiding your wife... but I would suggest some training videos from either Cardrunners or Stoxpoker.Thats it for now-thedonk

#278 TheDonk1989

TheDonk1989

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 06:34 PM

Fast forward four years... Black Friday here and gone, and ever since the game has never been the same (obviously). I ended up cashing out at 2.5k on pokerstars. At that time I was multitabling $16 9-man mtts. Currently, I've been playing carbon poker on and off; sadly, more off than on. I deposited $100 on there about a year or so ago and right now it's at $300 (like I said, been playing here and there--not taking it too seriously). Randomly thought of this thread and it really brings out the feels. Anyways, I was accepted into law school, so I'm gonna play as much online poker as I can this summer--which isn't going to be all that much, I'm working 40 hours at my summer job. I plan on grinding cash games once again, so I currently have 30 buy-ins @ 10nl.

Today was actually a really good day. I won 9.5 buy in's at 10nl ($95--I started the day at $205). If anyone cares to follow me once again reply here and I'll post my carbon screen name. Otherwise, I'll continue the grind as I've been.

Your long time pal,

-thedonk

#279 BellaireDrew

BellaireDrew

starting over

• Members
  • 2,430 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 09:06 AM

GL man, win all that 10nl monies
QUOTE (cwik @ Sunday, November 16th, 2008, 1:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Try balancing your range by beating her when you had a good day too.

#280 TheDonk1989

TheDonk1989

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 01:48 PM

View PostBellaireDrew, on 05 June 2014 - 09:06 AM, said:

GL man, win all that 10nl monies
Thanks man. It's sad that these forums aren't as lively as they used to be.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users