Abortion Thread

• Please log in to reply
219 replies to this topic

#41 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,896 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:5/10 NLHE (100 max buy in)

Posted 06 February 2009 - 09:20 AM

View PostZealous Donkey, on Friday, February 6th, 2009, 10:00 AM, said:

The baby?? I agree with everything you said except your conclusion. Life trumps Choice.
I did not conclude anything. I said that I deferred to women who, as a majority, want abortion to remain legal. There are lots of people in our society making sure the potential baby has a voice which is good.
"Give a little bit.....give a little bit of your chips to me...."

#42 LongLiveYorke

LongLiveYorke

Ending the world one proton at a time

• Members
  • 8,356 posts
  • Interests:fizziks, teh maths, Raid-o-head, Rod Reynolds

Posted 06 February 2009 - 09:31 AM

I'm pro choice.I don't think abortions about three, maybe four months should be legal. If the baby has a chance of surviving outside of the womb, then abortions shouldn't be allowed.That's my 2 cents.

#43 Zealous Donkey

Zealous Donkey

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,219 posts
  • Interests:Poker, Reading, Sports
  • Favorite Poker Game:NL Holdem

Posted 06 February 2009 - 09:56 AM

View PostCaneBrain, on Friday, February 6th, 2009, 11:20 AM, said:

I did not conclude anything. I said that I deferred to women who, as a majority, want abortion to remain legal. There are lots of people in our society making sure the potential baby has a voice which is good.
yes, you deferred to women who want abortion to remain legal, and I suggest that the baby get the benefit of the doubt since his/her whole existance is on the line.
"Never play pool with a guy that brings his own stick. And Never, Ever play pool with a guy that brings his own table." ~Hoyt Axton

#44 Sal Paradise

Sal Paradise

shot down in a blaze of glory

• Members
  • 6,833 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:cuddling

Posted 06 February 2009 - 09:58 AM

View Postsuitedinc, on Friday, February 6th, 2009, 12:03 PM, said:

Sure. The UNPC agrees with you. That is why the tax money we send abroad to "health clinics" is helping this organiztion to hold woman hostage until they abort their babies. Despite the fact that most of the world disagrees with abortion on a moral basis, the UN has brought it upon themselves to use it as population control, with the US tax payers dollars (at least now that Obama has signed the Exec Order).
money well spent in my opinion. now if we could just get some more funding to accelerate post parturition abortions, we'd be getting somewhere.
QUOTE (Tactical Bear @ Monday, June 15th, 2009, 9:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anybody who dies of Swine Flu is just a faggot.

#45 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Deplorable Lives Matter

• Members
  • 24,375 posts
  • Interests:Cigars, Flying, Golf, Bible
  • Favorite Poker Game:Golf

Posted 06 February 2009 - 10:04 AM

So if they find a gay gene, and people begin aborting any baby with the gay gene...would that be good, bad or neither?In India they abort most female babies, they want males
I use my cigar smoke as idiot repellent

The government was set to protect man from criminals - and the Constitution was written to protect man from the government. - Ayn Rand

#46 El Guapo

El Guapo

Like A Boss!

• Members
  • 16,439 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 10:06 AM

View PostBalloon guy, on Friday, February 6th, 2009, 10:04 AM, said:

So if they find a gay gene, and people begin aborting any baby with the gay gene...would that be good, bad or neither?In India they abort most female babies, they want males
But who are they going to have sex with to have more abortions. This seems very short sighted.

#47 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,896 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 10:06 AM

View PostZealous Donkey, on Friday, February 6th, 2009, 10:56 AM, said:

yes, you deferred to women who want abortion to remain legal, and I suggest that the baby get the benefit of the doubt since his/her whole existance is on the line.
I really dont like babies. There is a crying baby on every flight I go on. It's uncanny. Got any other selling points?

#48 El Guapo

El Guapo

Like A Boss!

• Members
  • 16,439 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 10:09 AM

View PostCaneBrain, on Friday, February 6th, 2009, 10:06 AM, said:

I really dont like babies. There is a crying baby on every flight I go on. It's uncanny. Got any other selling points?
How about this one:Posted Image

#49 vbnautilus

vbnautilus

psychonaut

• Members
  • 10,326 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 10:14 AM

View Postcheckymcfold, on Friday, February 6th, 2009, 5:55 AM, said:

i happen to think that i'm no more or less alive than a rock, since the word "alive" is a bit, well, silly to me, but i'm well aware that that's not a majority opinion.
All concepts rely on arbitrary distinctions at some level. The concept of 'alive' is actually a useful one and there are obviously important ways that you are different from a rock that warrant the concept of 'alive'. Although I do agree that on some level you are also the same as a rock.

View PostSal Paradise, on Friday, February 6th, 2009, 6:19 AM, said:

it still does seem weird to me, though, for people to use the "life starts at this point" argument to rationalize the legality of abortion. like, full lung function is a human, but without, just a fetus!
That there is a difference in how we are inclined to treat three cells in a dish compared to how we treat something that looks like a tiny version of a person is not strange to me at all. Where specifically to draw the line seems like a difficult question, but that doesn't mean we should just give up on making any distinction.

View PostBalloon guy, on Friday, February 6th, 2009, 10:04 AM, said:

This is likely to become more and more of an issue, but I think it's going to ultimately happen at the conception stage, i.e. choosing the specific sperm that gives you the characteristics you want.

#50 Sal Paradise

Sal Paradise

shot down in a blaze of glory

• Members
  • 6,833 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:cuddling

Posted 06 February 2009 - 10:40 AM

View Postvbnautilus, on Friday, February 6th, 2009, 1:14 PM, said:

That there is a difference in how we are inclined to treat three cells in a dish compared to how we treat something that looks like a tiny version of a person is not strange to me at all. Where specifically to draw the line seems like a difficult question, but that doesn't mean we should just give up on making any distinction.
sure we should. I already have!
QUOTE (Tactical Bear @ Monday, June 15th, 2009, 9:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anybody who dies of Swine Flu is just a faggot.

#51 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,896 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 10:42 AM

View PostEl Guapo, on Friday, February 6th, 2009, 11:09 AM, said:

How about this one:Posted Image
The bodies exhibit at the Luxor made a better case. (Thats a cute baby though. The other one has a mustache. Be wary.)The difference between a fetus at 4-6 weeks and a fetus at 16-18 weeks is incredible. At what point should that fetus' rights trump the rights to control one's own body? Thats a tough question. Right now, we say like 12 weeks or so? That seems ok with me since it is ok with a majority of women.

#52 El Guapo

El Guapo

Like A Boss!

• Members
  • 16,439 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 10:44 AM

View PostCaneBrain, on Friday, February 6th, 2009, 10:42 AM, said:

(Thats a cute baby though. The other one has a mustache. Be wary.)
He's a sneaky little bastard. Well I guess technically he's not a bastard, but that doesn't make him any less sneaky.

#53 Mercury69

Mercury69

Half man! Half man!

• Members
  • 14,244 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:NLHE

Posted 06 February 2009 - 10:47 AM

View PostBalloon guy, on Friday, February 6th, 2009, 1:04 PM, said:

Pipe leg jeans and jeans with the ass cut out are pretty gay, imo. Babies wearing these should be aborted or hunted down and killed if they manage to survive birth. Unless, of course, they can whip up a classic French meal or paint a rockin' mural. Hell, we can't kill all the young artists, can we?
"We had all the momentum. We were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look west, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark, that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back." —Raoul Duke, Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas

"Those are brave men knocking at the door. Let's go and kill them!" - Tyrion Lannister

#54 hblask

hblask

Perpetual slow learner

• Members
  • 9,860 posts
  • Interests:Just deal the cards already

Posted 06 February 2009 - 10:56 AM

View Poststrategy, on Thursday, February 5th, 2009, 11:51 PM, said:

23 weeks is pretty ridiculously late term, isn't it? this has to have been illegal.
My middle child was born at 23 weeks, and will start kindergarten soon.
"Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?" -- J. Coulton

#55 brvheart

brvheart

I'm the best.

• Members
  • 25,272 posts
  • Interests:Playing in nuclear fallout.
  • Favorite Poker Game:I play 100/200 live with my best friend Jason.

Posted 06 February 2009 - 11:23 AM

View Postcheckymcfold, on Friday, February 6th, 2009, 12:11 AM, said:

outside cases of rape, i pretty much think that should apply to all cases of anything, abortion included--if you make a decision and aren't willing to address the consequences of that decision, be it having an abortion or creating a horribly misleading thread title, then you're not being a responsible person, plain and simple.that statement doesn't have any bearing on the legality of various procedures, however.
hahah... My plan working perfectly. I can check "annoy checky" off my daily task list now.

View Postvbnautilus, on Friday, February 6th, 2009, 12:14 PM, said:

I love this thought. You are correct, we shouldn't give up talking about it, because we need to make a decision.

View Posthblask, on Friday, February 6th, 2009, 12:56 PM, said:

My middle child was born at 23 weeks, and will start kindergarten soon.
You're very lucky... isn't the youngest ever born something like 21 weeks? Either way.... incredible.As for me personally, I think abortion is barbaric and should be outlawed outright. From a public policy standpoint however, it should OBVIOUSLY be a state issue and not a federal issue. States that vote to outlaw it should have to right to do so.

View PostiZuma, on 20 August 2012 - 11:32 AM, said:

napa I was jesus christing suited, you guys just slipped in before me.

View PostEssay21, on 25 February 2013 - 08:32 PM, said:

#56 85suited

85suited

Politics Forum Pundit

• Members
  • 1,686 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Vast Right Wing Conspirator

Posted 06 February 2009 - 11:23 AM

View Postjampack84, on Friday, February 6th, 2009, 7:01 AM, said:

Any woman responding in this thread yet??Well, I'm a woman and I believe in FREEDOM OF CHOICE!!!!!!!Here in Wisconsin a mother who is just 21 and has 5 kids already, let her 2 month old baby starve to death. Whats more humane?? Or inhumane?? I have no idea if abortion was even an option to her. But I'd rather see someone like that NOT have a child (she should be spade to be honest) than to have one and torture it for 2 months.I dont however think abortion should be a form of birth control. I am against that. We should have better sex education courses in middle school and high school....
Adoption is not an option?

#57 brvheart

brvheart

I'm the best.

• Members
  • 25,272 posts
  • Interests:Playing in nuclear fallout.
  • Favorite Poker Game:I play 100/200 live with my best friend Jason.

Posted 06 February 2009 - 11:24 AM

Also, can anyone explain to me why Mercury has a fat chick in underwear for his sig?

View PostiZuma, on 20 August 2012 - 11:32 AM, said:

napa I was jesus christing suited, you guys just slipped in before me.

View PostEssay21, on 25 February 2013 - 08:32 PM, said:

#58 LongLiveYorke

LongLiveYorke

Ending the world one proton at a time

• Members
  • 8,356 posts
  • Interests:fizziks, teh maths, Raid-o-head, Rod Reynolds

Posted 06 February 2009 - 11:27 AM

View Postbrvheart, on Friday, February 6th, 2009, 2:24 PM, said:

Also, can anyone explain to me why Mercury has a fat chick in underwear for his sig?
I think it's a hockey thing.

#59 strategy

strategy

Internet expert

• Members
  • 15,932 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:strategy

Posted 06 February 2009 - 11:31 AM

View PostBalloon guy, on Friday, February 6th, 2009, 11:07 AM, said:

The law he broke was in not allowng the baby to fully die on the table before he put him in the trash.This is not an uncommon happening in late term abortions, born alive, left to die on a table.Never should have let women vote
hahaha

View PostLongLiveYorke, on Friday, February 6th, 2009, 11:31 AM, said:

I'm pro choice.I don't think abortions about three, maybe four months should be legal. If the baby has a chance of surviving outside of the womb, then abortions shouldn't be allowed.That's my 2 cents.

View PostCaneBrain, on Friday, February 6th, 2009, 12:42 PM, said:

The bodies exhibit at the Luxor made a better case. (Thats a cute baby though. The other one has a mustache. Be wary.)The difference between a fetus at 4-6 weeks and a fetus at 16-18 weeks is incredible. At what point should that fetus' rights trump the rights to control one's own body? Thats a tough question. Right now, we say like 12 weeks or so? That seems ok with me since it is ok with a majority of women.
yep. the only thing I find appalling (buzzword today! hooaahhh) is that this was done so late. late-term abortions are like slowrolling without cause.
QUOTE (ShakeZuma @ Wednesday, November 2nd, 2011, 4:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
seriously though, with that grammar it's really like, I mean it doesn't bother me as much that she gets beat, you know?

#60 Zealous Donkey

Zealous Donkey

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,219 posts
  • Interests:Poker, Reading, Sports
  • Favorite Poker Game:NL Holdem

Posted 06 February 2009 - 11:44 AM

View PostLongLiveYorke, on Friday, February 6th, 2009, 11:31 AM, said:

View PostCaneBrain, on Friday, February 6th, 2009, 12:42 PM, said:

View Poststrategy, on Friday, February 6th, 2009, 1:31 PM, said:

yep. the only thing I find appalling (buzzword today! hooaahhh) is that this was done so late. late-term abortions are like slowrolling without cause.
The issue is "what" is being done, not when it is being done. The result is the same weather it is done the first week or the 24th week, the result-- a human being's one and only chance of existence in the world is being terminated.
"Never play pool with a guy that brings his own stick. And Never, Ever play pool with a guy that brings his own table." ~Hoyt Axton

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users