6493 replies to this topic

#21 gobears

gobears

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 6,096 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 03:00 PM

View PostBalloon guy, on Thursday, January 22nd, 2009, 2:02 PM, said:

I agree that nothing is not an answer, but I was never under the impression that that was what the military was doing. Just slow about their acions.I guess we can send them all to Canada. Maybe they will learn some manners
Nah, the Swiss are stepping up to the plate and it sounds like the Portugese and French are also willing. Makes sense to share the responsibilitySwitzerland to consider hosting Guantanamo Inmates
Work to live, don't live to work - Todd Harrison

#22 Don Giovanni

Don Giovanni

Custom member title

• Members
  • 3,855 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 07:34 PM

obama needs to go after bush and cheney. they need to be tried as war criminals along with donald rums. now that it has been confirmed that they supported and encouraged the use of blatant torture, breaking every international law and the geneva conventions. i wont be happy with obama unless he makes this happen.

#23 CaneBrain

CaneBrain

The chosen few....

• Members
  • 14,896 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:5/10 NLHE (100 max buy in)

Posted 22 January 2009 - 09:06 PM

View PostDon Giovanni, on Thursday, January 22nd, 2009, 7:34 PM, said:

obama needs to go after bush and cheney. they need to be tried as war criminals along with donald rums. now that it has been confirmed that they supported and encouraged the use of blatant torture, breaking every international law and the geneva conventions. i wont be happy with obama unless he makes this happen.
prepare to be upset then. Obama has way too many things on his plate to risk a long, drawn out legal battle with GWB and Cheney which will inevitably ruin any chance of the GOP being on board with Obama's administration. No good can come from that.
"Give a little bit.....give a little bit of your chips to me...."

#24 El Guapo

El Guapo

Like A Boss!

• Members
  • 16,439 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 09:52 PM

View PostDon Giovanni, on Thursday, January 22nd, 2009, 7:34 PM, said:

The idiocy you spew is amazing.

#25 Loismustdie

Loismustdie

What year is this?

• Members
  • 7,236 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 09:57 PM

View PostEl Guapo, on Thursday, January 22nd, 2009, 10:52 PM, said:

I thought it was just me.
So much for a comeback.

#26 KramitDaToad

KramitDaToad

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 01:45 AM

View PostLoismustdie, on Friday, January 23rd, 2009, 5:57 AM, said:

I thought it was just me.
No. There's a few of you that spew idiocy;)

#27 Loismustdie

Loismustdie

What year is this?

• Members
  • 7,236 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 03:07 AM

View PostKramitDaToad, on Friday, January 23rd, 2009, 2:45 AM, said:

No. There's a few of you that spew idiocy;)
What happens in the religous forum, stays in the religous forum.
So much for a comeback.

#28 Don Giovanni

Don Giovanni

Custom member title

• Members
  • 3,855 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 05:41 AM

View PostEl Guapo, on Thursday, January 22nd, 2009, 9:52 PM, said:

how is going after admitted war criminals idiocy? do you support our use of torture? do you support high officials being considered above the law? do you not have any backup to anything that you say?

#29 Don Giovanni

Don Giovanni

Custom member title

• Members
  • 3,855 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 05:45 AM

View PostCaneBrain, on Thursday, January 22nd, 2009, 9:06 PM, said:

prepare to be upset then. Obama has way too many things on his plate to risk a long, drawn out legal battle with GWB and Cheney which will inevitably ruin any chance of the GOP being on board with Obama's administration. No good can come from that.
i think there is a lot of good that can come from it. i dont think the GOP is on board anyway. plus they have little to no power. this doesnt have to happen right now, but it needs to happen because it sets a dangerous precedent if we let our own admitted war criminals get away.

#30 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Respect my Raises!!!!!!

• Members
  • 23,054 posts
  • Interests:Cigars, Flying, Golf, Bible
  • Favorite Poker Game:Golf

Posted 23 January 2009 - 10:32 AM

View PostDon Giovanni, on Friday, January 23rd, 2009, 5:45 AM, said:

i think there is a lot of good that can come from it. i dont think the GOP is on board anyway. plus they have little to no power. this doesnt have to happen right now, but it needs to happen because it sets a dangerous precedent if we let our own admitted war criminals get away.
Do you even know what the Geneva Convention says?Cause I am willing to bet you don't.In fact I am willing to bet that most of what you say comes right from your feelings, totally bypassing your brainLuckily it's a very short detour
I use my cigar smoke as idiot repellent

“Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed: everything else is public relations.” ― George Orwell

#31 Don Giovanni

Don Giovanni

Custom member title

• Members
  • 3,855 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 12:18 PM

View PostBalloon guy, on Friday, January 23rd, 2009, 11:32 AM, said:

Do you even know what the Geneva Convention says?Cause I am willing to bet you don't.
i know they are concerned with the treatment of prisoners of war, and i know they generally are against torture. even if i didnt know that i could just wikipedia it so this type of attack is useless on the internet. are you going to tell me they arnt prisoners of war now?

#32 AmScray

AmScray

Honk

• Members
  • 3,917 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:wrhsf235yu

Posted 23 January 2009 - 12:21 PM

View PostDon Giovanni, on Friday, January 23rd, 2009, 6:45 AM, said:

hahahahahaha, god, you're such a fucking retard.Baloonguy pegged you to the wall. You are 99% emotive, 1% reason.It's very common for leftists to be heavily slanted towards emotion over reason, but you take it to such an extreme degree that you're incapable of seeing the real world that exists before your very eyes.Hope hope hope! Change change change! Hope change hope change hope hope change!
Posted Image

#33 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Respect my Raises!!!!!!

• Members
  • 23,054 posts
  • Interests:Cigars, Flying, Golf, Bible
  • Favorite Poker Game:Golf

Posted 23 January 2009 - 12:27 PM

View PostDon Giovanni, on Friday, January 23rd, 2009, 12:18 PM, said:

i know they are concerned with the treatment of prisoners of war, and i know they generally are against torture. even if i didnt know that i could just wikipedia it so this type of attack is useless on the internet. are you going to tell me they arnt prisoners of war now?
No I'm not going to say they aren't POWs.The Geneva Convention on the other hand will.In order to be a POW, you must be captured while wearing the uniform of your country.If you target civilians you are breaking the Geneva ConventionIf you behead aid workers you are breaking the GCIf you hide in churches, schools and hospitals and fire on soldiers then hide in the populace, you are breakig the GCIf you keep a guy up late and stick underwear on his head, and make him listen to loud music...you are not breaking the GCEven if it's Rosie O'donnel's underwear and the music is rap.So while you throw out catchy phrases and pretend you care, the facts remnain that you don't not really know what you are sayingWhich puts you about average for the democrat party though, so at least you are in good company.
I use my cigar smoke as idiot repellent

“Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed: everything else is public relations.” ― George Orwell

#34 El Guapo

El Guapo

Like A Boss!

• Members
  • 16,439 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 12:36 PM

View PostDon Giovanni, on Friday, January 23rd, 2009, 5:41 AM, said:

how is going after admitted war criminals idiocy? do you support our use of torture? do you support high officials being considered above the law? do you not have any backup to anything that you say?
1. There is no proof of torture. And to a certain extent I support tactics that get information our of war criminals that will save American lives.2. What law did anyone break? The reason there has been no charges, is because there is nothing to charge anyone with.3. Welcome war criminals into the US Penal system, that makes a lot of sense.

#35 El Guapo

El Guapo

Like A Boss!

• Members
  • 16,439 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 04:48 PM

Well he just signed a bill to give $40 Million in federal money so people can kill their fetuses. So I would put that around a negative fifty three or so.

#36 brvheart

brvheart

I'm the best.

• Members
  • 23,008 posts
  • Interests:Playing in nuclear fallout.
  • Favorite Poker Game:I play 100/200 live with my best friend Jason.

Posted 23 January 2009 - 04:59 PM

http://www.alertnet....k/N23463777.htm (-50,000,000)http://www.iht.com/a...ee.1-414168.php (closing Gitmo could be worth a LOT of American lives, but it should be at LEAST -3,000)
CAPITALISM: God's way of determining who is smart and who is poor. - Ron Swanson ---> Video:Ron's Pyramid of Greatness Picture: Poster Size

View PostSuitedAces21, on 20 August 2012 - 11:14 AM, said:

tilt you suck.

View PostEssay21, on 25 February 2013 - 08:32 PM, said:

titly suck a dick bitch

#37 85suited

85suited

Politics Forum Pundit

• Members
  • 1,686 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Vast Right Wing Conspirator

Posted 23 January 2009 - 05:55 PM

Close Gitmo. Yes I suppose you're right. I suppose that's the thing to do. Wait. Wait. I've got a better idea. Let's transfer the whole squad off the base. Let's -- on second thought the whole Windward division, let's transfer 'em off the base. Jon, go on out there and get those boys down off the fence, they're packing their bags. Get me the President on the phone, we're surrendering our position in Cuba.

#38 navybuttons

navybuttons

What?

• Members
  • 5,117 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Diamonds

Posted 23 January 2009 - 06:06 PM

Some of you guys are making your scorecard based on your interests as opposed to the interests of the country who put him in charge.Of course, it's totally fine to make your own scorecard, but i think listing YOUR scorecard should belong in another thread.There won't be one objective right or wrong. but does listing hyperbolic scores serve anyone's interest except your own desire to let your views be known? From my perspective, as soon as you say anything that fails to recognize an opposing view, I stop listening.
if you're not playing the notes in front of you it's not mozart.

#39 IBETUBET

IBETUBET

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:PLO

Posted 23 January 2009 - 06:06 PM

View Post85suited, on Friday, January 23rd, 2009, 7:55 PM, said:

Close Gitmo. Yes I suppose you're right. I suppose that's the thing to do. Wait. Wait. I've got a better idea. Let's transfer the whole squad off the base. Let's -- on second thought the whole Windward division, let's transfer 'em off the base. Jon, go on out there and get those boys down off the fence, they're packing their bags. Get me the President on the phone, we're surrendering our position in Cuba.
Nobody likes him very much... :club:

#40 Don Giovanni

Don Giovanni

Custom member title

• Members
  • 3,855 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 06:24 PM

View PostAmScray, on Friday, January 23rd, 2009, 12:21 PM, said:

hahahahahaha, god, you're such a fucking retard.Baloonguy pegged you to the wall. You are 99% emotive, 1% reason.It's very common for leftists to be heavily slanted towards emotion over reason, but you take it to such an extreme degree that you're incapable of seeing the real world that exists before your very eyes.Hope hope hope! Change change change! Hope change hope change hope hope change!
you seem to be devoid of any ability to actually say anything. all of your posts consist of you laughing at your own worthless observations about other people on an internet forum, or cries for attention in the form of exaggerated, intentionally controversial statements.i seem to be seeing the same real world that most of the rest of the world sees, and a good amount of people in this country, including this constitutional law professor:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users