#6201 LongLiveYorke

LongLiveYorke

Ending the world one proton at a time

• Members
  • 8,355 posts
  • Interests:fizziks, teh maths, Raid-o-head, Rod Reynolds

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:53 PM

View Postcolonel Feathers, on Saturday, February 25th, 2012, 6:26 PM, said:

Ive done a complete 180 on Afgoonastan. We need a complete withdrawal immediately, and allow them to revert back to their beloved 3rd century lifestyle.If the place turns into a training ground for terrorists, all the better. I have a gps in my car that can find the nearset tatoo parlour. Im sure the US and its allies can find the training grounds And rain hellfire on it from above,
I'm with ya. I guess we probably should have talked to the Russians a bit before we got into a land war in that country. It has now lasted 3 times longer than WW2.

#6202 hblask

hblask

Perpetual slow learner

• Members
  • 9,860 posts
  • Interests:Just deal the cards already

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:25 PM

View Postcolonel Feathers, on Saturday, February 25th, 2012, 5:26 PM, said:

Ive done a complete 180 on Afgoonastan. We need a complete withdrawal immediately, and allow them to revert back to their beloved 3rd century lifestyle.If the place turns into a training ground for terrorists, all the better. I have a gps in my car that can find the nearset tatoo parlour. Im sure the US and its allies can find the training grounds And rain hellfire on it from above,
This should be our entire foreign policy: let these moron third world countries destroy each other, but if they look at us wrong we turn them into charred embers. We spend trillions living in fear from people whose idea of a weapon is lighting their shoe on fire.
"Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?" -- J. Coulton

#6203 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Respect my Raises!!!!!!

• Members
  • 23,054 posts
  • Interests:Cigars, Flying, Golf, Bible
  • Favorite Poker Game:Golf

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:34 PM

Another negative for the President.

The Obama administration’s proposed defense budget calls for military families and retirees to pay sharply more for their healthcare, while leaving unionized civilian defense workers’ benefits untouched. The proposal is causing a major rift within the Pentagon, according to U.S. officials. Several congressional aides suggested the move is designed to increase the enrollment in Obamacare’s state-run insurance exchanges.

I use my cigar smoke as idiot repellent

“Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed: everything else is public relations.” ― George Orwell

#6204 hblask

hblask

Perpetual slow learner

• Members
  • 9,860 posts
  • Interests:Just deal the cards already

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:26 PM

View PostBalloon guy, on Monday, February 27th, 2012, 6:34 PM, said:

Is it any wonder Ron Paul is getting more contributions from the military than all other candidates combined? The others want to send troops to fight in hopeless third world countries, then not take care of them. Ron Paul wants to use the troops to strengthen our country and increase their benefits for doing so.
"Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?" -- J. Coulton

#6205 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Respect my Raises!!!!!!

• Members
  • 23,054 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:06 AM

More bad news for the President:Home prices fallDurable goods demand dropsCutting healthcare for soldiersHaving their political tyranny exposedAnd who now has his biggest friend in the financial marker crying about how the big bad homeowner is screwing the poor banksI think President Obama is going to have a rough time this November.

“Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed: everything else is public relations.” ― George Orwell

#6206 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Respect my Raises!!!!!!

• Members
  • 23,054 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:15 AM

Of course President Obama is fine spending $750,000 on a new soccer field...........FOR TERRORISTAnd yes this falls at the feet of President Obama just as everything that happened at Gitmo during Bush's reign fell at his feet.

#6207 akoff

akoff

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,942 posts
  • Interests:Golf, investing, Eagles football, golf, baseball, coaching Little League and golf
  • Favorite Poker Game:PLO

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:58 AM

View PostBalloon guy, on Tuesday, February 28th, 2012, 11:15 AM, said:

Of course President Obama is fine spending $750,000 on a new soccer field...........FOR TERRORISTAnd yes this falls at the feet of President Obama just as everything that happened at Gitmo during Bush's reign fell at his feet.
One Muslim taking care of the others...don't worry about the overspending, debt or tax rates...just give the murdering bastards a soccer field!! welcome to club Gitmo, we'll be working on the spa after the elections.
"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America 's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the US Government cannot pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies. Increasing America 's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that, "the buck stops here.' Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better."
~ Senator Barack H. Obama

#6208 InternetExplorer

InternetExplorer

password1

• Members
  • 5,487 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:01 PM

View PostBalloon guy, on Tuesday, February 28th, 2012, 12:06 PM, said:

those data points must have been better than the market expected, because stocks were up. or there was some offsetting news that didn't make for a good mainstream story. I don't know, I wasn't a teller today, so I didn't get a chance to browse the FT.the other option is that stocks don't make any sense no matter what the headlines are. very possible.
QUOTE (Spademan @ Thursday, April 5th, 2012, 2:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The only way to speak "loudly" on the internet is to TYPE IN CAPS. AND I RARELY TYPE IN CAPS.

#6209 mk

mk

nord-américain racaille

• Members
  • 9,858 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:48 AM

View PostBalloon guy, on Tuesday, February 28th, 2012, 12:06 PM, said:

More bad news for the President:I think President Obama is going to have a rough time this November.
blips amidst a clear uptrendwithout euro crisis derailing last year economy would be humming.way to cheer against america, though

#6210 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Respect my Raises!!!!!!

• Members
  • 23,054 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:52 AM

View PostInternetExplorer, on Tuesday, February 28th, 2012, 4:01 PM, said:

those data points must have been better than the market expected, because stocks were up. or there was some offsetting news that didn't make for a good mainstream story. I don't know, I wasn't a teller today, so I didn't get a chance to browse the FT.the other option is that stocks don't make any sense no matter what the headlines are. very possible.
Never understood why people place so much value in this.The stock market today is as high as during the 5-6th year under Bush. The economy difference is huge.

#6211 InternetExplorer

InternetExplorer

password1

• Members
  • 5,487 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:58 AM

THAT'S MY LINE. it's just a quick and easy barometer. the media wrote for doom and gloom and the people with money at stake just shrugged. who do you believe?there are some days when stock market movements make no sense whatsoever. pretty sure today's wonkiness is due to bernanke's statement.heard someone use the phrase "bond vigilante" in a question for him. it made me chuckle.
The only way to speak "loudly" on the internet is to TYPE IN CAPS. AND I RARELY TYPE IN CAPS.

#6212 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 20,311 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:25 AM

View PostInternetExplorer, on Wednesday, February 29th, 2012, 1:58 PM, said:

heard someone use the phrase "bond vigilante" in a question for him. it made me chuckle.
Would be even funnier if they also mentioned the confidence fairy at the same time.
Bob

info@fullcontactpoker.com

#6213 InternetExplorer

InternetExplorer

password1

• Members
  • 5,487 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:52 PM

listening to these politicians pelt bernanke with the absolute dumbest questions, it's not easy to tell if they're using the platform to pander to their side of the aisle or just genuinely don't understand finance. or both, I don't know.I couldn't do his job. I would lose it and get completely out of line with these monkeys after a few questions like, "from a deficit standpoint, are we better or worse off than greece."

#6214 colonel Feathers

colonel Feathers

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:49 PM

View PostLongLiveYorke, on Saturday, February 25th, 2012, 3:53 PM, said:

I'm with ya. I guess we probably should have talked to the Russians a bit before we got into a land war in that country. It has now lasted 3 times longer than WW2.
It is amazing that we learned nothing from history.For thousands of years, installing a govt, and then violently overthrowing it has been a national sport in Afghanistan.
I dont suffer from delusions

I enjoy them

#6215 colonel Feathers

colonel Feathers

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:49 PM

View PostLongLiveYorke, on Saturday, February 25th, 2012, 3:53 PM, said:

It is amazing that we learned nothing from history.For thousands of years, installing a govt, and then violently overthrowing it has been a national sport in Afghanistan.
I dont suffer from delusions

I enjoy them

#6216 phlegm

phlegm

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,623 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 08:21 PM

Evidently Obamas popularity is dropping even in Kenya.For the first time a majority of kenyans now believe obama was born in the U.S.A
I am not an alcoholic

I am a drunk

Alcoholics go to meetings

#6217 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Respect my Raises!!!!!!

• Members
  • 23,054 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:25 PM

View Postphlegm, on Friday, March 2nd, 2012, 8:21 PM, said:

Evidently Obamas popularity is dropping even in Kenya.For the first time a majority of kenyans now believe obama was born in the U.S.A
That's a good one.I will be stealing that Sunday at golf.

#6218 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Respect my Raises!!!!!!

• Members
  • 23,054 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 08:21 AM

I guess the bail out was a successGM is so flush with cash they dumped $400mm into a failing French car company, Peugeot. So glad my tax dollars could be used to give GM enough money to help a French car company that is failing on its own.

#6219 LongLiveYorke

LongLiveYorke

Ending the world one proton at a time

• Members
  • 8,355 posts
  • Interests:fizziks, teh maths, Raid-o-head, Rod Reynolds

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:09 AM

NEW FORUM ORGANIZATION FTW!!!!!

#6220 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Respect my Raises!!!!!!

• Members
  • 23,054 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:42 AM

View PostLongLiveYorke, on Monday, March 26th, 2012, 8:09 AM, said:

NEW FORUM ORGANIZATION FTW!!!!!
Careful, you guys were excited with the new government organization in 2008...how'd that work out for you?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users